Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Slavonija Champions League Update - 23/24

Monaco (h) - 2nd vs 1st ended up being another even battle. Unfortunately we couldn't steal the 3 points and are now sitting in a precarious position. We have to beat Villarreal at home next game and depending on the Arsenal result may have to go to London and avoid defeat. We are currently tied on 5 points with Arsenal. Villarreal seem like they're out of it, whilst Monaco are almost guaranteed qualification - definitely the suprise package of this group.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

Going back to the signing players rule, are you allowed to find a random player in say america where you can't scout and make a bid then offer to trial them? (if that makes sense)

He need to join you on trial before any bid is made in that case.

Originally posted by lance_armstrong:

Do we need to start with the 8.0.1, can't I join after the 8.0.2 version starts?

You can participate in this challenge using any version of FM08. If you want to get going once 8.02 is released? then that's fine. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

Going back to the signing players rule, are you allowed to find a random player in say america where you can't scout and make a bid then offer to trial them? (if that makes sense)

He need to join you on trial before any bid is made in that case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, on my game i looked on the list of players that would want to join me and there were a couple of Trinidadians one of which i offered a trial to, just so i could see his stats (i was interested) and i know want to sign him, would that be allowed?

Knockbreda Champions League Update

Qual Rd. 1

Metalurgs 3-1 Knockbreda

Knockbrea 2-0 Metalurgs.!!

A 90th Minute Paul Wallace Goal (Who else.!) puts knockbreda into the 2nd Qual Round.

Now for the undoubted bad news.

I never get luck with draws, (unless my game decides to crash, then i get extreemly luck. Read 2018/19 Update icon_frown.gif )

I've got Sparta Prague in the 2nd Qualifying round.

Updates to come.

Having never won a single domestic cup final on the FM series, It has finally happened! icon_smile.gif

25,555 Fans flocked to Ullevål Stadion in Oslo to see Randaberg IL trounce Sandefjord 3-0. Christian Muomaife scored to cracking goals and Stian Ringstad also netted a well taken goal to send the Randaberg fans (and me icon_biggrin.gif ) into raptures. icon_cool.gif

NM Cupen Final 2015. icon14.gif

Leg 2

After going 1-0 down, Knockbreda managed to pull the game level. By Full time, the game was 2-2, with Sparta Prague getting two men sent off - Final Score, 6-2 on agg.

We've now got Bielefeld in the 3rd Qual. Rd.!!!

If my understanding of Euro football is correct, this puts me into the Uefa cup should i not qualify?

{b]Knockbreda Champs League Update[/b]

Leg 1

Bielefeld 0 - 1 Knockbreda

a 6th Minute Paul Wallace Goal gives Knockbreda another suprise win in the CL. Stuart Parker also missed a pen for The Knocks on the stroke of half-time icon_frown.gif

I'm getting extremely excited about the prospect of actually making it to the group stage.! Financially it would be massive for the club, but more importantly, it would show the steps the club have made since going pro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lance_armstrong:

Do we need to start with the 8.0.1, can't I join after the 8.0.2 version starts?

You can participate in this challenge using any version of FM08. If you want to get going once 8.02 is released? then that's fine. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And one more thing can I use nations retainer?

Having never won a single domestic cup final on the FM series, It has finally happened! icon_smile.gif

25,555 Fans flocked to Ullevål Stadion in Oslo to see Randaberg IL trounce Sandefjord 3-0. Christian Muomaife scored to cracking goals and Stian Ringstad also netted a well taken goal to send the Randaberg fans (and me icon_biggrin.gif ) into raptures. icon_cool.gif

NM Cupen Final 2015. icon14.gif

Congratulations Gundo.! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lance_armstrong:

You can participate in this challenge using any version of FM08. If you want to get going once 8.02 is released? then that's fine. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And one more thing can I use nations retainer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. All is explained in the opening post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

And one more thing can I use nations retainer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you're allowed retain players from any additional nations.

Group Draw -

Juventus

Sporting CP

Spartak Moscow

Knockbreda

I'm actually extremely happy with this draw.! It's probably the 3rd easiest group I could have been drawn in.! Hopefully this'll boost my rep enough to make sure i get to the group stages every season.!

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Group Draw -

Juventus

Sporting CP

Spartak Moscow

Knockbreda

I'm actually extremely happy with this draw.! It's probably the 3rd easiest group I could have been drawn in.! Hopefully this'll boost my rep enough to make sure i get to the group stages every season.!

Well done mate, and good luck! icon14.gif

Nep - well done mate, good luck in the group stage - maybe nick 3rd place! (what happened to the 2nd leg update for the Bielefeld game? icon_confused.gif

Gundo - great to see you win the final, good crowd and good result!

rlipscombe he looks awesome, great find, and almost definitely worth the money you spent on him!

Slavonija Champions League Update - 232/24

Arsenal (a) - Well I said we'd need a draw from this game if qualification from the group was going to be attained. I forgot how good we are when we play in England icon_biggrin.gif. A cracking result and as you can see by the match stats we really did dominate the entire game (although their sending off undoubtedly helped)

So just a point required at home to Villarreal to qualify...

Villarreal (h) - Done and done. Great result at home against the weakest team in the group. This sends Arsenal out, who amazingly did us a favour by beating Monaco away from home. This means we finished top of the group and provided we miss Man Utd and Valencia, should give us a good knockout round draw icon14.gif.

1st Knockout Round Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Galatasaray v Olympiakos

PSG v Sporting

Fiorentian v CSKA

Monaco v Fenerbahce

Man Utd v Barcelona

AZ v Liverpool

Hertha Berlin v Slavonija

Valencia v Inter</pre>

icon_cool.gif Happy with that. Inter are the holders and it's them and Liverpool who I consider the favourites.

Long time reader, finally decided to start in Poland, of my ancestry.

I've been hired as manager of Hetman Zamosc in the Polish 2nd League, in the town of Zamosc, with 60000 inhabitants, 60 miles from the Ukranian border. The chairman appears to be looking to sell, so hopefully that doesn't portend a quick sacking.

Here's my profile.

Originally posted by pjtopor:

Long time reader, finally decided to start in Poland, of my ancestry.

I've been hired as manager of Hetman Zamosc in the Polish 2nd League, in the town of Zamosc, with 60000 inhabitants, 60 miles from the Ukranian border. The chairman appears to be looking to sell, so hopefully that doesn't portend a quick sacking.

Here's my profile.

welcome. icon14.gif

Nep - well done mate, good luck in the group stage - maybe nick 3rd place! (what happened to the 2nd leg update for the Bielefeld game? :Confused:

Lol. Sorry about that. Must'ave forgotten due to the happyness.!!!!

second leg finished 2-1 To Knockbreda, with the MIGHTY Paul Wallace nicking the win in th dying seconds.

3-1 On aggregate to Knockbreda.

I'm currently in my 14th season as Knockbreda.

I have 1 forward who has been with me since he was 16, and in the clubs all time goals scorer. He always been loyal to the club, and despite the face that Knockbreda are a dominant force in N. Ireland, hes never once asked to leave.

On to the point...

He "Dislikes 9 of your players"... I thought, Wow, thats a lot of players to not like..!!

then it clicked. The 9 players he dislikes are all players that "Want to move to a bigger club"

Unreal.! Thumbs Up ... love it. Paul Wallace is a legend .

I'm currently in my 14th season as Knockbreda.

I have 1 forward who has been with me since he was 16, and in the clubs all time goals scorer. He always been loyal to the club, and despite the face that Knockbreda are a dominant force in N. Ireland, hes never once asked to leave.

On to the point...

He "Dislikes 9 of your players"... I thought, Wow, thats a lot of players to not like..!!

then it clicked. The 9 players he dislikes are all players that "Want to move to a bigger club"

Unreal.! Thumbs Up ... love it. Paul Wallace is a legend .

That's just unreal! icon14.gif

In his player information (overview) screen, what personality is listed?

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 28/29 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Attila Gulyás

Fans' Player of the Year - Attila Gulyás

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

This year's Champions League campaign started off in the second qualifying round against Makedonija GP, and I picked up a straight-forward 5-0 agg. win. I got Sparta Prague in the third qualifying round, and I thought it was going to be a close match-up. However, I dominated them in the Czech Republic and won the first leg 5-1. An efficient 2-1 victory at home saw me into the group stages once again.

I was still seeded third for the group draw, and I got Sevilla, Galatasaray and Austria Wien. I picked up draws in my first two matches, 2-2 in Seville and 0-0 in Belfast against Galatasaray. I then went to the Austrian capital and won 3-0, which put me top of the group after three games.

I won the return game in Belfast against Austria Wien, also 3-0, but then got spanked 5-0 by Sevilla. With one game left, I needed an away draw against Galatasaray to ensure qualification. Surprisingly, I surpassed my expectations and defeated them 1-0 to finish top of the group!

Champions League Group Table

Well, after finishing top I was hoping for a slightly easier draw. When I got FC Bayern Munchen, I was a bit disappointed and I figured they would be unbeatable. How wrong I was. A 2-1 victory in Munich was followed up by a 3-2 win at home to put Nortel into the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time!

In the quarters, I was up against group-mates Sevilla. I managed to win the home leg 3-2, but they turned on the style in the second leg to win 3-0 and send me out of the competition.

All-Ireland Cup:

I managed to win again this year, taking my total All-Ireland Cup successes to six.

The Board, Finances, etc.

Almost at the £100mil mark! Still, as I've said before, it's totally meaningless as I can't spend it on anyone.

The stadium is being expanded by another 3k seats, and when completed will make The Factory Grounds the largest stadium in the league.

Gundo, info for your table:

16 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 26th, 75.247

Nation Euro Coeff: 14th, 20.125

Randaberg IL - 2015 Norwegian Tippeligaen End Of Season Report

This season didn't go exactly to plan for Randaberg. An uninspiring league finish of 6th, was plain and simply not good enough for my high expectations. Having said that we had hardly strengthen our squad from our Title winning season just gone and Our European exploits took their toll towards the end. Final standings.

One huge bit of news though... We only managed to go and win the Norwegian Cup. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif A 3-0 win in the final over Sandefjord, meant we didn't end our season trophyless. icon14.gif

Heartbreak ensued in Europe, we failed at the 3rd Qualifying round of the Champions League, going down to Benfica heavily. The silver lining of that though meant we'd qualify for the Uefa Cup, so after narrowly getting past Hibernian this resulted in the qualification to the group stages. I was then devastated to go out of the competition after the final round of games on goal difference. Final Table. icon_frown.gif

Player wise, well no great performances to speak of really? Ringstad was below par, still good but not as good as last season. Myhre, him wanting out may have effected his game, he still did ok mind. Captain and Center half Maslo had another solid season along his defensive partner Nadolski. Our GK Thommason, probably just sneaks the Randabergs best player of the season though imo. icon14.gif

The Randaberg Adventure So Far...

2015 Tippeligaen 6th. (NM Cup Win)

2014 Tippeligaen 1st Champions!

2013 Tippeligaen 11th.

2012 1.divisjon 2nd Promoted.

2011 1.divisjon 5th.

2010 1.divisjon 12th

2009 2.divisjon Avd.3 2nd Promoted.

2008 2.divisjon Avd.3 7th.

Meldert, Belgium - February 19th 2025

UEFA Cup update:

Our First Knockout Round opponent was Sparta Prague, and I was reasonably confident of qualifying for the next round.

Sparta Prague - Meldert: 1-2

A decent away leg. Despite the stats suggesting a very even match, I was left feeling we could have gotten a bit more from this match, but this was still a good score to start the home match with.

Meldert - Sparta Prague: 0-2

I was absolutely furious. We played like total shyte, from start to finish. One of those matches where everyone just seems to have turned into a Sunday league player.

So we're out of Europe again. Big disappointment.

Well, I'm pleased with our group stage performance, but to go out against Sparta Prague, while the next opponent would have been Braga, just feels like such a missed opportunity.

Ah well, such is football.

Great season Annihilator.!

Due to the magnitude of your success in N. Ireland to date, I naturally compare my records to yours, and its uncanny how many of our records are the same, or similar.

record 1

Most Games Won in a row

Annihilator - 36

NepentheZ - 36

Most Games without losing

Annihilator - 41

NepentheZ - 42

Top Goal Scorer

Anninilator (Ben Kenney) - 88

NepentheZ (Paul Wallace) - 88

Most Assists

Annihilator (Krastev) - 51

NepentheZ (Spencer) - 47

Most Man of the Match

Annihilator (Kenney) - 23

NepentheZ (Wallace) - 23

Most League Apps for Club

Annihilator (Morrison) - 280

NepentheZ (Wallace) - 285

Oldest Player icon_confused.gif

Annihilator - 42 years 131 days

NepentheZ - 42 years 107 days

I find it amazing how close some of those records are.!

Update - SalPa - End of Season - 2014

CHAMPIONS

After a lucky draw against TPS i thought i had all but won the league only to recieve a massive shock against OPS who took took it too us in the following game which we only scraped with a 5-4 win. After that it was easy stuff in the last game and we won to confirm we had defended our title.

In the league cup we were knocked out in the quarter finals and the Finnish Cup in the 4th round.

In our first Champions league campaign we managed to reach the second qualifying phase before losing in extra time to Slovakian team MKS Zilina.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Infomation

PLAYERS

Top Scorer - Patrick Lagerblom

Patrick takes advantage of Levola's lenthy absence to reinstate himself as the clubs top scorer

Keyman - Miikka Nurmi

Miikka had a great season between the nets

HIGHLIGHTS

Lauri Dalla Valle signs on the dotted line

Big wins against rivals

19 games unbeaten

TPS 3 - 3 SalPa

A very lucky draw keeps us top of the league i the vital championship decider

LEAGUE

Odds / 2 - 1

Prediction / 1st

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

---------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

|C 1 - SalPa -------- 26 - 19 -- 4 -- 3 - 61 - 31 -- 30 - 61 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2 - TPS ---------- 26 - 19 -- 3 -- 4 - 76 - 28 -- 48 - 60 |

| 3 - HJK ---------- 26 - 16 -- 2 -- 8 - 49 - 33 -- 16 - 50 |

| 4 - MyPa --------- 26 - 14 -- 4 -- 8 - 42 - 31 -- 11 - 46 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

|R 14 - VPS ---------- 26 -- 0 -- 0 - 26 - 14 - 81 - -67 -- 0 |

</pre>

Champions. Another season goes to the wire. Our second league title and another shot at the champions league

CUP

> 1:0 NOPS A Wed, 10.5.2015 Finnish Cup 4th Rnd

</pre>

We were giant killed this season by non-league NoPS. A poor showing

FUTURE

We will look to strengthen our squad this winter and hopefully look to build on the last two seasons with another league win and maybe some cup success

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2017 -- Prm ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 19 -- 4 --- 3 - 61 - 31 -- 30 - 61 | (Champions)

| 2016 -- Prm ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 18 -- 4 --- 4 - 68 - 33 -- 35 - 58 | (Champions)

| 2015 -- Prm ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 14 -- 6 --- 6 - 61 - 41 -- 20 - 48 | (Euro Cup)

| 2014 -- Prm ------ 7 ---------- 26 -- 8 - 10 --- 8 - 54 - 47 --- 7 - 34 |

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 3 - 12 -- 11 - 37 - 56 - -19 - 21 |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- 12 ---------- 26 -- 6 -- 5 -- 15 - 42 - 55 - -13 - 23 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 20 -- 3 --- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 | (Promoted)

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

------------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

------------------------

| 2017 -- Prm ----- 4th |

| 2016 -- Prm ----- 7th |

| 2015 -- Prm ----- Qtrs |

| 2014 -- Prm ----- 4th |

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 6th |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- Semi |

--------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

------------------------

EUROPE

------------------------

| 2017 -- CL ------ 2ndQ |

| 2016 -- UEFA ---- 1stQ |

------------------------

</pre>

Domestic Titles - 2

Club Co-Ef - 436th/2.143 - +2/+0.287

Nation Co-Ef - 34th/5.667 - +1/0.833

Annihilator - you've got to see this..!!

After all those comparison's, all those similarities, I have found the mother to kill them all.

Annihilator - Ben Kenny

NepentheZ - Ben Kenney

But wait, it doesn't stop there. Oh no.

Really, you could not make this up.

Ben Kenney 1 - D.O.B - 21.2.1994

Ben Kenney 2 - D.O.B - 21.2.2003

icon_eek.gif

It's like my eyes are lying to me. How is this possible..!!

After all those comparison's, all those similarities, I have found the mother to kill them all.

Annihilator - Ben Kenney

NepentheZ - Ben Kenney

icon_eek.gif

Sorry, fixed the Kenny to Kenney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Annihilator - Ben Kenney

NepentheZ - Ben Kenney

icon_eek.gif

Sorry, fixed the Kenny to Kenney </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now just fix the URL so it doesn't show the same image... icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, you're starting to scare me now.

Annihilator - Ben Kenney

NepentheZ - Ben Kenney

icon_eek.gif

there we go, all present and correct icon_smile.gif

Annihilator - Ben Kenney

NepentheZ - Ben Kenney

icon_eek.gif

there we go, all present and correct icon_smile.gif

Haha, that's awesome! Hopefully he bags plenty of goals for you too. icon_biggrin.gif

After 6 seasons without posting an update because I was too taken by my game (and also due to the lack of free time...), I decided to post an update about my Karlovac game.

All was going well, karlovac had just won the Croatian Cup in 2013-2014 and caused a few surprises by scraping 2 wins and securing a spot in the UEFA cup group stage.

Then... disaster struck. Save game corrupted. I am unable to do anything with that file... icon_frown.gif

So I've decided to start anew (and to jump ships at the same time)... Next stop, Norway (and more regular updates...)

Archived