Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

This thread below is simulating the effects of giving Sugar daddy to four nations, all because of some posts in this thread icon14.gif, I doing this experiment, now lets see if these teams can compete with the Sugar Daddy!

Link

and in response to Gundo's message, Oh well they had state of the art youth facilites, there goes an easy challenge icon_frown.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dave safc - Niki Volou - Season 08/09 - Greek National Division B

Media Prediction - 17th (out of 18)

Final League Position - 6th (out of 18)

Greek Cup - 4th round

Final Table

Season Overview

We were top with seven games to go, but injuries to 4 of my key players didn't help us out at all, and we threw it all away. I've got a decent side and with a few additions in the summer I'm very confident that we will be promoted next season and push on from there.

SalPa Starting 11 - 2018

GK - Miikka Nurmi - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by HJK

Signed after being released by his club. Took two years to become first team keeper and was later made Vice Captain. Wants to join a bigger club

DR - Jarkko Kekkonen - SalPa Youth - 2009

{i]Jaakko came up through our youth system in 2009, he has been a regular petty much since his promotion to the first team[/i]

DL - Jaakko Kangas - Free - 2018 - KuPS

Signed this winter from KuPS after his contract had ran out

DC - Heikki Tukiainen - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by FC Lahti

Heikki has been a strong center half since becoming a first team regular. Winning Defender of the year a couple of years ago

DC - Jonni Kettunen - Free Transfer - 2010 - Released by PP-70

Jonni is a multiple Defender of the year winner and regular center half since he signed for the club

MC - Johannes Westo - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by HJK

Westo was bought in to replace David Ramadingaye and has been a solid performer since. He has been wanting to join a bigger club for 3 years now. Nobody has ever bid for him

MC - Lauri Dalla Valle - Free - 2018 - FC Lahti

Lauri is our best player stats wise but he will miss the first 3 games of the year through suspension

AMR - Patrik Lomski - Free - 2009 - Left FC Hameenlinna

Patrik has been a long term servent and is the club Captain. 2 goals away from 100 league goals. He also holds the record for most league appearances

AML - Halldor Porsteinsson - Free Transfer - 2017 - Released by FH

Our only foriegn player, Halldor hails from Iceland. The fans were very happy with his first season as was i

FC - Tony Levola - Free - 2013 - Atlantis FC

Tony is our best striker but spent most of last season out injured. He is the record holder for league goals and goals in a season

FC - Patrick Lagerblom - SalPa Youth - 2010

Promoted through the youth system and almost released from the club before bursting onto the scene. 15 goals from 100 league goals. He will almost certainly reach the 100 this year

Originally posted by Boskovic:

SalPa Starting 11 - 2018

GK - Miikka Nurmi - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by HJK

Signed after being released by his club. Took two years to become first team keeper and was later made Vice Captain. Wants to join a bigger club

DR - Jarkko Kekkonen - SalPa Youth - 2009

{i]Jaakko came up through our youth system in 2009, he has been a regular petty much since his promotion to the first team[/i]

DL - Jaakko Kangas - Free - 2018 - KuPS

Signed this winter from KuPS after his contract had ran out

DC - Heikki Tukiainen - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by FC Lahti

Heikki has been a strong center half since becoming a first team regular. Winning Defender of the year a couple of years ago

DC - Jonni Kettunen - Free Transfer - 2010 - Released by PP-70

Jonni is a multiple Defender of the year winner and regular center half since he signed for the club

MC - Johannes Westo - Free Transfer - 2012 - Released by HJK

Westo was bought in to replace David Ramadingaye and has been a solid performer since. He has been wanting to join a bigger club for 3 years now. Nobody has ever bid for him

MC - Lauri Dalla Valle - Free - 2018 - FC Lahti

Lauri is our best player stats wise but he will miss the first 3 games of the year through suspension

AMR - Patrik Lomski - Free - 2009 - Left FC Hameenlinna

Patrik has been a long term servent and is the club Captain. 2 goals away from 100 league goals. He also holds the record for most league appearances

AML - Halldor Porsteinsson - Free Transfer - 2017 - Released by FH

Our only foriegn player, Halldor hails from Iceland. The fans were very happy with his first season as was i

FC - Tony Levola - Free - 2013 - Atlantis FC

Tony is our best striker but spent most of last season out injured. He is the record holder for league goals and goals in a season

FC - Patrick Lagerblom - SalPa Youth - 2010

Promoted through the youth system and almost released from the club before bursting onto the scene. 15 goals from 100 league goals. He will almost certainly reach the 100 this year

Not a penny spent on players in that team, very impressive Bos. icon14.gif

I have a slight concern regarding Stian Ringstad. He still has 3 years remaining on his current contract and he is still willing to remain at the club, but the thing is he doesn't seem to want to renew it atm? I'm hoping it's because he has a slight concern, it being he thinks I lack managerial discipline. Hopefully that will clear up when I fine the next Randaberg player to get sent off and then maybe he'll sign? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

I have a slight concern regarding Stian Ringstad. He still has 3 years remaining on his current contract and he is still willing to remain at the club, but the thing is he doesn't seem to want to renew it atm? I'm hoping it's because he has a slight concern, it being he thinks I lack managerial discipline. Hopefully that will clear up when I fine the next Randaberg player to get sent off and then maybe he'll sign? icon_biggrin.gif

He'll sign. I've had this a few times with players but eventually he'll sign.

Hmmm, the experiment is running nicely. It's 13/14 and Bangor are in the Group stages of the Champions League for the second time (the first being in 11/12).

I do think it's fair to say that with the group comprising Ajax, Chelsea and Juventus that to even get a point they'd be lucky. Or score.

Max player value = 55K (for three players).

Sorry to gum up your thread Gundo btw...

Not a penny spent on players in that team, very impressive Bos. icon14.gif

my board take any money i make on transfers off me immediatly, ive never had a penny to spend so ive had to search for good deals.

Luckily ever since FM has allowed management in the Confernece North/South ive always gone my local side Vauxhall Motors so i have a bit of experience scrounging.

Ive got £855k in the bank after investments but still not a penny to spend

Ely Rangers Season 2008/2009

Welsh Premier League : 6th

Welsh Cup : 2nd Round

Welsh Challenge Cup : Quarter-Final

Top Goalscorer : Robert Duffy 23

Highest Average Rating : Robert Duffy 7.18

A successful first season in charge of The Griffins ended in a creditable 6th place finish.

The highlight was a 3-1 win against eventual champions Llanelli and a 6-0 club record win against eventual bottom placed Pontardawe.

During the course of the season several key signings were made. The highest profile signing was Robert Duffy , released by Oxford the big center forward would top our scoring charts scoring 23 goals in 24 games.

Other notable signings included Josh Klein-Davis , the young striker released by Bristol Rovers was used sparingly throughout the season but weighed in with 9 goals.

One to watch

One of our mid-season signings was that of Peter Doran , the tough tackling midfielder arrived from Cefn Druids and is now a firm fans favourite in the heart of the midfield.

The Squad Club Info

Originally posted by bnek:

Ely Rangers Season 2008/2009

Welsh Premier League : 6th

Welsh Challenge Cup : Quarter-Final

Top Goalscorer : Robert Duffy 23

Highest Average Rating : Robert Duffy 7.18

A successful first season in charge of The Griffins ended in a creditable 6th place finish.

The highlight was a 3-1 win against eventual champions Llanelli and a 6-0 club record win against eventual bottom placed Pontardawe.

During the course of the season several key signings were made. The highest profile signing was Robert Duffy , released by Oxford the big center forward would top our scoring charts scoring 23 goals in 24 games.

Other notable signings included Josh Klein-Davis , the young striker released by Bristol Rovers was used sparingly throughout the season but weighed in with 9 goals.

One to watch

One of our mid-season signings was that of Peter Doran , the tough tackling midfielder arrived from Cefn Druids and is now a firm fans favourite in the heart of the midfield.

The Squad Club Info

Grats bnek, very good first season there!

I've been on a long FM hiatus and need something to get me back into things. It's not that I've lost my desire to play, I just can't stop myself from jumping team to team and savegame to savegame.

I can't promise success, and to be honest, I can't even promise that the save game lasts, but I'm hoping this is the game that turns into THE long term game for me.

That said, I fired up the Austrian leagues, ran it out for a year and came up with SV Grieskirchen

Here I am.

I've got a whopping two players to work with. Of the three new squads Grazer AK looked a bit too good, plus I'd heard of them in real life (wikipedia tells me they had some glory days that were recently ended by financial troubles), with a full squad it almost looked like cheating. So my choice fell between Hartberg and Grieskirchen and I chose the one with the colors I liked best, simple as that.

Right, anyway, I now conclude my little experiment finished and I won't spam this thread with it's rubbish anymore.

A quick results post:

Bangor City were modified, turned professional, given £125 Million in the bank, a 50000 capacity stadium (40000 seating), an exceptionally good manager and an exceptionally good chairman.

Started: 07/08

Finished: 2020

Aims:

To see if the Welsh League could sustain and promote a consistent European football pedigree.

Results:

Domestically Bangor have excelled, winning the title every single season, usually at a canter and picking up at least one cup or the other (it seems to alternate seasons curiously.)

Domestically they have no equal.

Across Europe, however, they have failed spectacularly. In the 14 Seasons simulated (simulation finished after Champions League Qualifying in 2020 season) They have only managed to qualify for the Group stages twice (11/12, 13/14) - being knocked out both times, bottom of the group, and reached the Uefa Cup first round once (19/20) after a Champions League 3rd Qualifying round loss.

Statistically they have fallen more often than not at the second qualifying round, rarely making the third and making little to no impact in their European Qualifying performances.

Finances and Players

Intiallly quoted a £25.4M value, the current value is now £16M with £16M Debt, the club is still listed as 'rich'.

Player levels and ability are as to be expected and as high a quality as possible as the league can sustain given low reputation, however good players have left due to wanting bigger challenges after feeling they've achieved all they can at the club, more often than not seeing out their contracts on a Bosman.

The AI/Engine has shown one interesting quirk: Bangor spent a record 2.3M bringing in a GK from Everton whom they had bout that same season for 120K, one season later he was sold on for a grand total of 60K(!) (No, that's not 60K profit, that was his xfer fee...)

Conclusions

I would like to say a failure but for some reason I don't think it is - don't ask me why.

Yes, the team has struggled in Europe and yes, the League Rep really seems to be the limiting factor in everything, player availability and player loyalty.

Financially, I still think the League is a bust, but however, having seen some of the dealings the AI undertook (see above) it was hardly playing canny and a good number of players went on Bosmans when a human manager would have probably offloaded them for at least some fee.

I'm going to retract my view:

I do think it would be possible for a HUMAN manager, given the initial constraints of Gundo's Challenge, to have some success in Wales and Europe but in terms of the Challenge it is necessary to consistently increase team ranking through Europe above and beyond the limiting factor of league reputation.

Right, enough with the that *ahem*. Back to the Challenge.

After the first friendly of the season (which I lost 3-5...)

"With neither side concentrating on defence, the goals flowed freely at both ends and the crowd will have gone home happy at the entertainment provided."

Crowd is a big word, there were 10 people at the game. not even the wives/moms of the guys involved stayed for the game. They probably waited in their cars for the game to end...

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

OUCH!

I've just found out Dinas Powys have a starting rep of...

Ack!

Nortel had a starting rep of 200. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the very start of this thread, I briefly began with Magherafelt SB in N. Ireland, who have a rep of just 100.

Nyva Ternopil's Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st leg

Roma 2 - 1 Nyva Ternopil We were run silly by a very good Roma side, no disgrace to lose over there and they will be HUGELY disapointed with the fact they don't come to Ukraine with more than a goal advantage, i smell a possible upset on the cards. The away goal will be crucial for us to qualify if we do

Nyva Ternopil's Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Roma 2 - 1 Nyva Ternopil We were run ragged in this leg, Roma should have come away with more than a 2-1 win, left us a bit optimistic about the return leg but not much.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4262/championsleaguequalifyiwd3.png The same score away as at home, but reversed, we went on to lose 4-1 in the shoot-out, but even though they went down to 10 men, they still should have come away with a draw. Not a bad first assault on the Champions League, running a side who i think are one of the best in Europe close, and almost causing a HUGE upset by knocking them out, bring on the Uefa Cup icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by McNeil:

Nyva Ternopil's Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Roma 2 - 1 Nyva Ternopil We were run ragged in this leg, Roma should have come away with more than a 2-1 win, left us a bit optimistic about the return leg but not much.

Nyva Ternopil 2 - 1 Roma The same score away as at home, but reversed, we went on to lose 4-1 in the shoot-out, but even though they went down to 10 men, they still should have come away with a draw. Not a bad first assault on the Champions League, running a side who i think are one of the best in Europe close, and almost causing a HUGE upset by knocking them out, bring on the Uefa Cup icon_biggrin.gif

fixed icon_smile.gif

Nyva Ternopil have been drawn with another Italian side, this time in the form of Sampdoria, we have a real chance here, and i reckon we should take them over 2 legs icon_smile.gif

Big Sides we avoided: Man Utd, Leverkusen, HSV, Sevilla, AEK, Fenerbahce, West Ham, Deportivo, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Braga, PSV, A.C Milan, AZ, Werder Bremen, Zenit Peterburg, Nantes, Blackburn, Pompey, Tottenham, Grasshopper, Auxerre. Alot of big sides in the Uefa Cup this season, and with me second season in, i still wont be seen as a big side, which was proven with not being seeded for the CL and Uefa Cup (but im sure thats normal due to being a drop-down) Hoping to better last seasons Uefa Cup Group Stage exit by making the Knockout-Stages icon_smile.gif

Skjetten Season review.....well sort of!

I'll start by reviewing whats happened to my squad.

As seems to be a regular occurrence for me icon_rolleyes.gif i reach July and lose my best performers. Sadly i lost the following players:

Biagoni An Italian U21 AML who was on fire for me. He joined Udinese for £2.5mil

Amorim A super signing for me from Palmeiras. He was a 25 year old Brazilian ST who cost me £300K and banged in 15 goals in 13 games for me. Sadly, he wanted to leave icon_frown.gif so i was forced to sell him. Vasco signed him for £5mil up front with 50% of next fee. icon_wink.gif

Nevas A Brazilian DMC didn't really cut the mustard and i managed to offload him to our rivals Aaeslund for £2.1mil

I also managed a little coup that was unexpected. Last season i sold Maksimovic and i managed to sling in a 40% sell on clause. Imagine my great delight when he moved on and i netted an additional £4mil on top of the £4.5mil i got for selling him icon_biggrin.gif

All in all i pocketed £13.6 million form transfers mid season.

Obviously i'd need to reinvest to strengthen the squad. I'm also losing my GK Vasev (Bulgarian International) and DL Ditzil(Hungarian International) on Frees at the end of the season.

Players i bought in using some of the cash:

Colombo An Italian WBL bought in from Empoli for £1.5 mil. A very steady player who has made the place his own with his consistent performances.

Silveran A Uruguayan ST who is only 22. He's bagged 9 goals in 10 games and is forming a good partnership with Cesar. He only cost me £150K icon_cool.gif

Cesar A Brazilian ST who joined at the start of the season. He's my top scorer with 22 goals in 36 games. Not a bad return.

Caputo Another Italian nicked from Empoli. He plays AML/ST and has been adding assists for fun since joining. Cost me £1.8 mil!

Andersen A Norwegian GK who cost me £600K. His consistent performances have earnt him a call up to the National squad.

Kristiansen A 21 year old Norwegian International DC. A great player who can also play as an MC. I'm not sure how long i'll be able to keep him icon_frown.gif

Sadly this goes for a few of my players. Most of whom are Internationals who feel they have achieved all they can!

Voll, Kristiansen, Haugstad, Baldini (is leaving to join Lazio on a free) and Diallo all want out icon_mad.gif

Anyway, on to our performances:

European Adventures:

For the second year running we entered the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. We encountered Glentoran and swiftly despatched them 4-1 on aggregate.

The secopnd round saw us face Lithuanian team FBK Kaunas. At home we won 2-0 and away we lost 2-1. A much tighter affair and we scraped through 3-2 on aggregate. We progressed into the final qualifying round and drew FK Partizan Beograd icon_eek.gif

They came to Skjetten unsure of their credentials and we were comfortably beaten 1-2, it should have been more! We went to their place and stuffed them 1-4! Amazingly we progressed 5-3 icon_biggrin.gif

Group C was drawn and it consisted of: Liverpool, Celtic, Palermo and Skjetten.

Not as bad as it could have been!

We've played 4 games so far.....

Palermo 2-1 Skjetten

Skjetten 1-3 Celtic

Liverpool 2-0 Skjetten

Skjetten 2-2 Liverpool icon_eek.gif

We're at the bottom but i reckon we can turn over Palermo at home and maybe even Celtic icon_wink.gif

Domestic Competitions

Norwegian Cup

We managed to win the Cup for the second time in the clubs history. We despatched Lyn Oslo 3-0 in the final to record the triumph!

Norwegian Premiership

Losing just twice and drawing 3 games Skjetten amassed more points than any other team in the history of the League, 63 points icon_biggrin.gif

The runners up got 52 icon_wink.gif

I've not been able to post any screenies, sorry, but will try later.

The season isn't quite over for us yet with the Champions League games remaining. I'm hoping for a Uefa place but it will be tough. At least we're back again having secured the Norwegian title for the third successive time icon_cool.gif

Ely Rangers Season 2009/2010

Welsh Premier League : 2nd

Welsh Challenge Cup : Group Stage

Top Goalscorer : Robert Duffy 31

Highest Average Rating : Kieran Gibbs 7.52

A runners-up spot for Ely Rangers in only my second season points to a bright future.

Champions were Connahs Quay who won the league comfortably whilst Bangor City and Maesteg were relegated.

Pre-season saw a busy summer of transfer activity. They key signing was that of Kieran Gibbs , the wing-wizard has already been linked with big money (£4,000) moves away from the club! On the other wing was Chris McAdam , the Northern Irish youngster enjoyed his first season at the club and created the most goals for the team. The heart of the defence was marshalled by Rene Steer , once again another of a promising batch of youngsters he partnered club captain Hoy at the back.

Despite all the new signings it was last seasons top goalscorer Robert Duffy who again provided the goals, 30 in 32 league games, the bigman is now revered in these parts as a legend. If Duffy was unavailable we had Darren Tierney who came in and did the business, 10 times in fact despite only starting 9 games!

Ones to watch

Jonathan Measom - released by Man City, the 18 year old came in and proved he was the best Left Back in the league.

Jamie Wright - released by Liverpool i was surprised to see the youngster join The Griffins, has replaced the outgoing Doran.

The summer will hopefully see us pick-up some more gems whilst some deadwood is shipped out.

Realistically with the right signings i can't see why next season we can't go one better!

Club Info

Squad

Originally posted by Konquest:

"With neither side concentrating on defence, the goals flowed freely at both ends and the crowd will have gone home happy at the entertainment provided."

Crowd is a big word, there were 10 people at the game. not even the wives/moms of the guys involved stayed for the game. They probably waited in their cars for the game to end...

Did I miss your profile screenie and club you had chosen? icon_confused.gif I know you'd picked Norway to manage in.

cookie Have you not got any players that have been happy to stay at Skjetten for many seasons other than Ringstad?

Erm.......No, he's the only one!

Alzamora my Chilean AMR/ST has been with me 6 seasons and has now gained citizenship. Ringstad has been with me for the past 9 years icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

cookie Have you not got any players that have been happy to stay at Skjetten for many seasons other than Ringstad?

Erm.......No, he's the only one!

Alzamora my Chilean AMR/ST has been with me 6 seasons and has now gained citizenship. Ringstad has been with me for the past 9 years icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is unbelievable cooks. icon14.gif

I'd say he's of similar mind set to NepentheZ's Paul Wallace. icon14.gif

Originally posted by 442to445:

Right, my last attempt (who am I kidding(!)) at the bitterness and recrimination of Gundo's challenge and I washed up on the cold, frozen shores of Norway.

Randaberg was a tempting proposition, but I felt inclined to try something a little different and so off to KIL/Hemne it was.

They have a pretty kit.

Mr. Erickson, I presume?

You do know that you need to be setting your manager nationalities to your real life one? It's just I noticed you have chosen Norway in that profile and in your Croatian profile you chose Croatian? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Right, my last attempt (who am I kidding(!)) at the bitterness and recrimination of Gundo's challenge and I washed up on the cold, frozen shores of Norway.

Randaberg was a tempting proposition, but I felt inclined to try something a little different and so off to KIL/Hemne it was.

They have a pretty kit.

Mr. Erickson, I presume?

You do know that you need to be setting your manager nationalities to your real life one? It's just I noticed you have chosen Norway in that profile and in your Croatian profile you chose Croatian? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ******!

Ah well.

One thing though, and I may be wrong on this, but surely in terms of realism, what with choosing the lowest level of experience available, a club is more likely to give a job at least to a national than to a immigrant, no?

*sigh* Right... *ponders*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

They have a pretty kit.

Mr. Erickson, I presume?

You do know that you need to be setting your manager nationalities to your real life one? It's just I noticed you have chosen Norway in that profile and in your Croatian profile you chose Croatian? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ******!

Ah well.

One thing though, and I may be wrong on this, but surely in terms of realism, what with choosing the lowest level of experience available, a club is more likely to give a job at least to a national than to a immigrant, no?

*sigh* Right... *ponders* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that would seem to be the case, but it doesn't matter when you are stating off as you get the pick any of the teams that are promoted to the lowest playable league.

442to445 - good luck in Norway... keep at it and you'll find a home. what skin is that by the way??

bnek - congrats on a great season there - you've managed to bring in some quality players already. keep proving us Welsh 'cowards' icon_wink.gif wrong...

cookie15 - good luck in the remaining Champions league games. and a great season too. you certainly raised quite a bit through transfers!! icon_eek.gif

McNeil - unlucky against Roma there - you gave them a real good run for their money!! icon14.gif

The Shaman - good luck in Austria icon14.gif nice kits by the way... icon_wink.gif

Gundo - do we take it super stian Ringstad signed a new deal??

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

442to445 - good luck in Norway... keep at it and you'll find a home. what skin is that by the way??

bnek - congrats on a great season there - you've managed to bring in some quality players already. keep proving us Welsh 'cowards' icon_wink.gif wrong...

cookie15 - good luck in the remaining Champions league games. and a great season too. you certainly raised quite a bit through transfers!! icon_eek.gif

McNeil - unlucky against Roma there - you gave them a real good run for their money!! icon14.gif

The Shaman - good luck in Austria icon14.gif nice kits by the way... icon_wink.gif

Cheers Rlipscombe icon_smile.gif

I've got more than £20mil in the bank and have a transfer kitty of over £7mil. But, no player over the value of £2.5mil wants to join me icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well i'll just have trust my scouts to ppick up those untapped gem's. I think i've found 2 Dutch ones too. A young ST and MC who i've sent to one of my affiliates for game time. Both are 18/19 years old and have huge potential. I'll post screenies of them to see what you think!!!! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

He hasn't yet no, although I think he'll be more willing once his slight concern clears up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

He hasn't yet no, although I think he'll be more willing once his slight concern clears up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should take some antibiotics for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

He hasn't yet no, although I think he'll be more willing once his slight concern clears up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should take some antibiotics for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish it was that easy lol. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

anyone noticed quite a defined split in the challenge...? icon_wink.gif scandanavia and eastern europe? not forgetting you N. irelanders of course!! icon_biggrin.gif

which group will win through!!! ha ha

The Vikings will conquer all! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Norse Gods are on the rampage once again icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goddammit!! I miss one day on the forums and Norway gains a couple of players. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konquest:

Did I miss your profile screenie and club you had chosen? icon_confused.gif I know you'd picked Norway to manage in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Forgot to post it. Will do when I'm back at home... Sorry about that.

Managing Vigor, in the Second Division 3. Playing an energetic kind of football...

Slavonija Champions League Update - 23/24

1st Knockout Round

Hertha (a) - Clinicality was the name of the game here. With 7 shots on target and 4 goals (especially away from home) I'm delighted. Sahin Murat the summer signing from Holland bagged two and really is looking like a true threat in Europe.

Hertha (h) - This was a fairly even tie that eventually we came out on top of. Overall I'd say we dealt with the Germans well, but the law of averages means we were bound to concede from all of those shots! The partnership between Murat and Lucic is blossoming and I'm sure if they stay fit we could give anyone a game.

The next round draw was vital for us. As stated earlier, Liverpool and the holders Inter were the real favourites for the competition.

Quarter Final Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">CSKA v Monaco

Olympiakos v Sporting

Inter v Slavonija

Barcelona v Liverpool</pre>

icon_rolleyes.gif - Typical. Looks like we're on the rubbish side of the draw. IF we win we get the winners of Liverpool and Barca. icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konquest:

Did I miss your profile screenie and club you had chosen? icon_confused.gif I know you'd picked Norway to manage in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Forgot to post it. Will do when I'm back at home... Sorry about that.

Managing Vigor, in the Second Division 3. Playing an energetic kind of football... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck in Vigor, I'm sure you'll enjoy your Norwegian adventure. icon14.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Slavonija Champions League Update - 23/24

1st Knockout Round

Hertha (a) - Clinicality was the name of the game here. With 7 shots on target and 4 goals (especially away from home) I'm delighted. Sahin Murat the summer signing from Holland bagged two and really is looking like a true threat in Europe.

Hertha (h) - This was a fairly even tie that eventually we came out on top of. Overall I'd say we dealt with the Germans well, but the law of averages means we were bound to concede from all of those shots! The partnership between Murat and Lucic is blossoming and I'm sure if they stay fit we could give anyone a game.

The next round draw was vital for us. As stated earlier, Liverpool and the holders Inter were the real favourites for the competition.

Quarter Final Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">CSKA v Monaco

Olympiakos v Sporting

Inter v Slavonija

Barcelona v Liverpool</pre>

icon_rolleyes.gif - Typical. Looks like we're on the rubbish side of the draw. IF we win we get the winners of Liverpool and Barca. icon_eek.gif

Best of luck iacovone. icon14.gif

Slavonija Champions League Update

Quarter Finals

Inter (a) - A superb comeback from the boys in Milan. Our record against Inter is not bad at all. The famous run to the semi finals in 2019/20 saw us defeat Inter both home and away and although we have since lost and drawn 2 (including this result) we can take a lot of encouragement to the home leg. A tactical change at half time really turned things around in what became an even game. Murat and Lucic were once again on form for us icon14.gif.

Inter (h) - Fantastic! A 1-1 draw at home sends us through on away goals! The holders are out icon_biggrin.gif! We resisted the inevitable bombardement well and can take great confidence from this result as we march into the semi's for only the 2nd time ever. icon_cool.gif

Semi Final Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Sporting v CSKA

Slavonija v Liverpool</pre>

So we take on the mighty Liverpool. This is a worrying proposition. They have an incredible forward who has absolutely everything. I think I'm going to change tactics and play a holding midfielder against him to man mark. Wish me luck...

Archived