• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pjtopor:

09/10 Midseason Update - Hetman Zamosc - Polish Second Division

League Position - Champions! icon14.gif

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - 3rd Round

The season ended pretty much as it began, with the mighty Hetman cruising to the second division title. The goals of Nowosielski and Kobierecki paced the team and indeed the finished as the top two in the Player of the Season poll.

Of course, maybe it was just the brilliance of the Manager of the Season.

A couple of high profile transfers, losing my top right winger and centerback put the balance sheet almost right, next season's TV money should do the rest of the trick.

FINANCES

For inquiring minds, here is mighty Hetman Zamosc.

Next season will be a struggle. I still cannot attract players of much quality - though I can scout the whole region now. If we avoid relegation, I'll be absolutely elated.

For the record, I'm loving Poland. Sure you can't attract any players, but short seasons and only 1 cup = fast playing.

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

congrats on winning the title!! although your link for Hetman Zamosc doesn't work.....

Season 2008/2009 Ely Rangers - Welsh Premier League

I must admit that when I started this game I had to have a look at exactly where Ely was. I live in North Wales myself and I still hadn't heard of them.

I haven't found the greatest amount of information on Ely Rangers, but from Wikipedia I gather they were formed in 1965. They are based in Ely, Cardiff and play at Station Road. They are often dubbed Cardiff City C team as their players often go to play for Cardiff City.

From Google Earth I have found an image of Ely's Ground and a snapshot of

Ely playing surface

Onto the season

I started the season with two non-greys. My wage budget per week was just over 2k.

Media Prediction 15th

Board Prediction Avoid Relegation

Season End

League Table

League Graph

As you can see I spent my season hovering above relegation. I never looked like going down but failed to make any impression with the bigger teams in the division

Best Players

GK - Malcolm Cole

STR - Aiden Shannon

Ones To Watch

Mid - Hristo

AML/LC - Jack Murray

Overall Squad

Finances

Managers Profile

National Coefficient

Aim for 2009/10 is to improve the squad and look to secure a top 10 finish.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

well after my fall at Blsany, i'm back and am the new manager of FK Sloga Kraljevo (in Serbia - not quite Croatia Iacovone... icon_frown.gif )

Information

i chose them, mainly because i like the kits, but also as they have deceny youth facilities, and have Red Star Belgrade as a parent club!!

the finances aren't too bad, though i have no transfer budget to spend.

Finances

the squad is OK, but needs improving to match our taget of survival this season. surely i can manage that?!?!?

let the games begin...

now i have a bit more time, i will expand on this a bit.

i chose to manage in Serbia after having a careful look at Croatia. in the end there weren't really any teams who appealed to me who hadn't been played as before (a criteria i use for picking a team) i was tempted to go to Austria and take over one of the 'big 2' GAK or Admira Wacker, but decided there'd be a lot of expectation there.

so i plumped for Sloga, mainly as i liked their kit! icon_biggrin.gif they were also OK financially, and there weren't too many expectations. and Red Star Belgrade are the Parent Club which was a major factor. i'll be using them for players!!

looking a the squad, i already have a 'full' one, which is ok but nothing special. there look to be a few good youngsters to come through the ranks, which is encouraging. i think this season i will be trying to 'enhance' the squad with loan signings in an attempt to give us as good a chance in the league as possible

tactics wise, i think i will go for a modified 4-4-2, as experimenting with Blsany didn't pay off.

my targets for this season are:

- to survive!!

- not to lose my job!! icon_rolleyes.gif

- to secure the long term finances at the club through sensible budgeting

- to unearth a goalscoring 'gem' - the balkan 'Ringstad' icon_wink.gif

i'm not setting my sights too high this season, and will be delighted with a top-12 finish....

Originally posted by kccircle:

I must admit that when I started this game I had to have a look at exactly where Ely was. I live in North Wales myself and I still hadn't heard of them.

I haven't found the greatest amount of information on Ely Rangers, but from Wikipedia I gather they were formed in 1965. They are based in Ely, Cardiff and play at Station Road. They are often dubbed Cardiff City C team as their players often go to play for Cardiff City.

Ely playing surface

Onto the season

I started the season with two non-greys. My wage budget per week was just over 2k.

Media Prediction 15th

Season End

League Table

League Graph

As you can see I spent my season hovering above relegation. I never looked like going down but failed to make any impression with the bigger teams in the division

Best Players

GK - Malcolm Cole

STR - Aiden Shannon

Ones To Watch

Mid - Hristo

AML/LC - Jack Murray

Overall Squad

Finances

Managers Profile

National Coefficient

good to see you got Hristo Panayatov - he's a must really for anyone starting out in Wales. did well for my in my 3 and a bit seasons for Caerleon.

good luck next season!! icon14.gif

good to see you got Hristo Panayatov - he's a must really for anyone starting out in Wales. did well for my in my 3 and a bit seasons for Caerleon.

cheers for that. season 2 has finished now, just uploading images as I type. I played him in a more defensive role this season and whilst he was sound he probably needs to revert back to his normal central role. My only concern with him now is that there are a number of Islanders now available and will readily accept trials. He might not get as many games next season.

cheers for that. season 2 has finished now, just uploading images as I type. I played him in a more defensive role this season and whilst he was sound he probably needs to revert back to his normal central role. My only concern with him now is that there are a number of Islanders now available and will readily accept trials. He might not get as many games next season.

yeah, he'd probably work best as a CM. i had islanders too, and whilst they had better stats, it proved impossiblt to leave him out, as there was always something missing without him. that was my game though.

Ely playing surface

Onto the season

Media Prediction 15th

Season End

League Table

League Graph

Best Players

GK - Malcolm Cole

STR - Aiden Shannon

Ones To Watch

Mid - Hristo

AML/LC - Jack Murray

Overall Squad

Finances

Managers Profile

National Coefficient

There should be some gems for you available this summer. The transfer screen is your friend!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

cheers for that. season 2 has finished now, just uploading images as I type. I played him in a more defensive role this season and whilst he was sound he probably needs to revert back to his normal central role. My only concern with him now is that there are a number of Islanders now available and will readily accept trials. He might not get as many games next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, he'd probably work best as a CM. i had islanders too, and whilst they had better stats, it proved impossiblt to leave him out, as there was always something missing without him. that was my game though.

I haven't had any islanders as of yet, just UK based players.

Need to write-up my last two seasons actually, it'll have to wait until tomorrow!

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2024/25 (Season 17) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Round

UEFA Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - 3rd In Group A

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (33rd) | Knockbreda (229th)

Awards -

Ben Kenney - Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Paul Wallace - N. Irish Player of the Year

Other Info -

Club Records

Player Records

Finances

Knockbreda Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Team Stats

Honorary Mention - Paul Wallace

As you can see, his stats are fast in decline.! icon_frown.gif - Only the 34 goals this season, which was again blighted by injuries. Closing in on 900, which for a man of his ability, is very respectable.!

Season Summary

Not a bad season overall. Not very impressed with my performance in the All Ireland Cup. I feel my team is on a par with the Rep. Ireland teams, and shouldn't lose the home games. Unlucky not to get into the CL Group stages again, then got a very tough 1st round draw in the UEFA Cup... getting a very good Man City. Won everything else, yet again, but i STILLL cant get the Perfect season, winning only 29 of the 30 for the 3rd year running.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 686

Goals: 871

Assists: 290

MotM: 235

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

2021/22 Co-Efficient = 5.430 (355th) | Up 188

2022/23 Co-Efficient = 5.649 (374th) | Down 19

2023/24 Co-Efficient = 10.860 (229th)| Up 145

2024/25 Co-Efficient = 11.355 (229th)| No Movement

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 14 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 15 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 16 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 16 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 897

Won - 667

Drew - 100

Lost - 130

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 13

Club Co-Efficient, 229th

Nation Co-Efficient, 33rd

I've just completed the greatest piece of business ever. icon_smile.gif

Signed a player from Hearts for £4,000 on the 1st June.

It's now 17th July in the same year, and I just sold him for £1,000,000

icon14.gif - Amazing work. I've never had an offer for a player I've just signed before. Usually they wait about 6 months, or more.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I've just completed the greatest piece of business ever. icon_smile.gif

Signed a player from Hearts for £4,000 on the 1st June.

It's now 17th July in the same year, and I just sold him for £1,000,000

icon14.gif - Amazing work. I've never had an offer for a player I've just signed before. Usually they wait about 6 months, or more.

That's good buisness but not as good as mine, I bought a player from Rapid on a free and just two seasons later I made 2.8 Million on him! icon_eek.gif, I also managed to Sell Trevor Lampard a player I signed on a free for 1.3 Million icon_cool.gif.

Meldert, Belgium - October 28th 2026

I've had a break for a few days to play the monthly challenge, but now I'm back to my attempt to get Meldert through the Champions League group stage.

As a reminder, the results of our first two group matches:

Meldert - Besiktas: 2-2

Chelsea - Meldert: 3-3

Match 3 of the group stage:

Meldert - PSV: 2-2

A frustrating result. After a cracking match, we were so close to keeping the three points at home against the group leaders. But then my stupid friggin' #!&§ç%# center mid made a silly penalty foul in injury time. My goalie saved the penalty, but the rebound went in.

So we're third after 3 matches, undefeated so far - which is a feat in itself in this group - but we lacked just that little bit of luck to really play along for the marbles. It can still go either way, and the goal remains to finish 3rd ahead of Besiktas.

Meldert, Belgium - November 11th 2026

Champions League Group Stage, match 4:

PSV - Meldert: 1-2

Luck was on our side for a change, in the shape of a red card for PSV (though it was a deserved red card, so it's debatable whether you can count that as luck, but anyway.) We managed to turn our numerical advantage into three very valuable points.

We're still third in the group, a point behind both PSV and Chelsea, and 5 points ahead of Besiktas. So a third place finish is pretty much secured, and we're still in the running for a top two spot.

Ely Rangers - Season 2009/10

My expectation (or aim) this season was to finish 10th. It's safe to say i failed. I did manage to stay up, which at one or two stages throughout the season looked unlikely.

League Info

League Table

League Graph

Best Players

Mike Johnson

Malcolm Cole Graham Carle

Neill Gibson

Players To Watch

Kieran Alexander

Jack Murray

Other Information

Finances

National Coefficients

So, quite a poor season, having fropped down a position from last season. I must be doing something right as this happened - Pig Flying

Aims for 2010/11

To finish in the top 6 and achieve at minimum a semi final in a cup, any cup will do!

Just a couple of questions re: this challenge.

Anyone been offered top international jobs yet?

or

What are the best pedigree current players you've managed to sign for your teams once the players reach the end of their careers?

I was offered the Russia position recently, in the summer of 2026. That's the only offer so far.

I didn't really actively seek out old legends to sign (once my players turn 30, I start favoring younger players). I did sign a 33-year old Salomon Kalou back in 2019 or so, I think it was, after a long career at Chelsea. He was only a bench player for me though.

I am playing a pre season friendly against a pub team. They are all greys and are beating me 10-0

Same tactics as last season, similar team albeit one or two additions.

Its 12-0 now after typing that line. 13 after typing this line.

Am slightly concerned for this season!

Final score 13-0!

Screenie to follow

Just a couple of questions re: this challenge.

Anyone been offered top international jobs yet?

or

What are the best pedigree current players you've managed to sign for your teams once the players reach the end of their careers?

i've just completed the signing of Jimmy Briand for a wopping fee of £12.5M, he was unhappy in France and chose to come to me with 'playing in europe' a major decision icon_biggrin.gif biggest signing i have gotten so far icon_biggrin.gif

Nyva Ternopil win in 1st KO round of Euro Cup, after a 2-2 aggregate, away goals win vs West Ham. Blackburn are now the opponents, a side we got a 1-1 draw with at Ewood Park in the group stages, so heres hoping for to qualify and a tasty tie in the quarters icon_biggrin.gif

Second Knockout Round sides

Galatasary Vs Lazio

Rangers Vs Werder Bremen

Chelsea Vs Real Madrid

Blackburn Vs Nyva Ternopil

Sevilla Vs Tottenham

Fenerbahce Vs Man Utd

Anderlecht Vs Atletico Madrid

Tom(russian side made up of greys) Vs A.C Milan

I reckon both us and Blackburn are the two weakest sides left in the competition, due to Tom being made up of greys so will be absolutely fantastic. icon_frown.gif

Csepel SC - End of season update - 2008/09 (Season 1) - Hungarian Division II

Media Prediction - 16th (/16)

Hungarian Division II - 4th

Hungarian Cup - Second Round

It was an impressive season in the end despite a shaky start. I lost my first friendly 10-0 against a Romanian side and only won one of my friendlies and that was against the reserves (all of whom were under 18.) In the transfer window me and my predecessor brought in 26 players, all but one on a free. I'll go over most of them now (feel free to skip this bit):

Tamas Koltai - Pacy striker but never really good enough. Scored 2 in 13.

Attila Kovacs (£3k) - The previous manager used all the budget up on him but he is my best midfielder. Never really got going until the end of the season though.

Lazslo Konya - A decent backup, can play on the left wing or left back.

Attila Domjan - A good central midfielder, played a lot of games in my midfield rotation system.

Roland Kovacs - Pacy left back, was quality all season and very dependable.

Gabor Kuscko - A solid keeper who was great in the air, played at the start of the season but was replaced by the younger loan keeper Hegedus.

Szabolcz Herold - Vice captain, experienced winger, also played central midfield a bit.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/photos7610/0809jkoller.jpg[/img]]Kriztian Koller - Winger who despite having poorish stats turned out to be very good. Had I listened to my assman he'd have been in the reserves but my better judgement paid off and he was great all season.

Gergo Mathe - Looked promising but a surprising lack of injuries to my forwards meant he never got a look in.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/photos7610/0809jakl.jpg[/img]]Antal Jakl - Captain, not that great but old and experienced, scored a few goals too for such a defensive midfielder.

Sandor Nagy - Strong striker, again never played much and requested to leave midway through the season.

Janos Gyori - Tall defender, can also play in midfield. Despite being my only player with international caps (2) he was kept out by better and younger players.

Levante Shultz - Was playing really well until a virus put him out for the season. Hopefully he hasn't died and will be back next year.

Attila Vaczi - One for the future, a pacy 17 year old striker who got 1 in 2 this season. Would have featured more if not for injury.

Ferenc Dienes - Young player, decent prospect, excellent positioning, just need him to improve physically.

Jozsef Lazar - Pacy young striker, lacks composure, probably won't make it.

Lazslo Nemethy - Looked set to be my first choice defensive midfielder but never settled. Will hopefully come good next year as Jakl is coaxed into retirement.

Levante Garics - Was a long shot, tipped for good things from my scouts but never improved. Has been sold for £1k over 24 months/

Bojan Bozovic - What can I say? Just click the link. Also won Best Player, Top Goalscorer, Most MOM and club PLayer of the Year awards this season.

Endre Bajusz - Solid Serbian defender, plays right back or centre back, played a lot of games this year.

Loans (From MTK parent club)

Adrian Szekeres - Great full-back. Has attracted attention from other clubs so I'm unsure if I can get him next year.

Mark Aranyos - Got 19 goals and formed a good partnership with Boz.

Lajos Hegedus - Great young keeper, I'll try and get him back next year.

Daniel Vadnai - Central defender or right back, I'll try and get him back too.

Laszlo Suto - Another central or right sided defender, played 29 of my 30 league games.

We got off to a great start in the league and hovered around about the top all season. We were in with a chance of the title in our last game but lost at home to the eventual winners (we wouldn't have been promoted as another team level with us had a better goal difference even if we'd won.) We finished 4th in the end which shows just how tight it was in the end.

In the cup we lost in the second round to a non league side on penalties which was disappointing.

Finances were good all season and we weren't in the red once. Well below wage budget too despite a large squad.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/photos7610/clubinfo.jpg[/img]]Club Info

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/photos7610/0809best11.jpg[/img]]Best 11

Manager Stats

Games - 32

Won - 18

Drew - 9

Lost - 5

Goals - For - 2.4p/m

Against - 1.3p/m

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 0

Club Co-Efficient, N/A

Nation Co-Efficient, 23rd

Originally posted by Ruud Van Nistelrooy 774:

It was an impressive season in the end despite a shaky start. I lost my first friendly 10-0 against a Romanian side and only won one of my friendlies and that was against the reserves (all of whom were under 18.) In the transfer window me and my predecessor brought in 26 players, all but one on a free. I'll go over most of them now (feel free to skip this bit):

Attila Kovacs (£3k) - The previous manager used all the budget up on him but he is my best midfielder. Never really got going until the end of the season though.

Attila Domjan - A good central midfielder, played a lot of games in my midfield rotation system.

Gabor Kuscko - A solid keeper who was great in the air, played at the start of the season but was replaced by the younger loan keeper Hegedus.

Szabolcz Herold - Vice captain, experienced winger, also played central midfield a bit.

]Kriztian Koller - Winger who despite having poorish stats turned out to be very good. Had I listened to my assman he'd have been in the reserves but my better judgement paid off and he was great all season.

Gergo Mathe - Looked promising but a surprising lack of injuries to my forwards meant he never got a look in.

]Antal Jakl - Captain, not that great but old and experienced, scored a few goals too for such a defensive midfielder.

Sandor Nagy - Strong striker, again never played much and requested to leave midway through the season.

Janos Gyori - Tall defender, can also play in midfield. Despite being my only player with international caps (2) he was kept out by better and younger players.

Levante Shultz - Was playing really well until a virus put him out for the season. Hopefully he hasn't died and will be back next year.

Attila Vaczi - One for the future, a pacy 17 year old striker who got 1 in 2 this season. Would have featured more if not for injury.

Ferenc Dienes - Young player, decent prospect, excellent positioning, just need him to improve physically.

Lazslo Nemethy - Looked set to be my first choice defensive midfielder but never settled. Will hopefully come good next year as Jakl is coaxed into retirement.

Levante Garics - Was a long shot, tipped for good things from my scouts but never improved. Has been sold for £1k over 24 months/

Bojan Bozovic - What can I say? Just click the link. Also won Best Player, Top Goalscorer, Most MOM and club PLayer of the Year awards this season.

Endre Bajusz - Solid Serbian defender, plays right back or centre back, played a lot of games this year.

Adrian Szekeres - Great full-back. Has attracted attention from other clubs so I'm unsure if I can get him next year.

Laszlo Suto - Another central or right sided defender, played 29 of my 30 league games.

We got off to a great start in the league and hovered around about the top all season. We were in with a chance of the title in our last game but lost at home to the eventual winners (we wouldn't have been promoted as another team level with us had a better goal difference even if we'd won.) We finished 4th in the end which shows just how tight it was in the end.

In the cup we lost in the second round to a non league side on penalties which was disappointing.

Finances were good all season and we weren't in the red once. Well below wage budget too despite a large squad.

]Club Info

]Best 11

Manager Stats

Games - 32

Won - 18

Drew - 9

Lost - 5

Goals - For - 2.4p/m

Against - 1.3p/m

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 0

Club Co-Efficient, N/A

Hopefully those links are fixed.

Originally posted by Ruud Van Nistelrooy 774:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruud Van Nistelrooy 774:

Kriztian Koller - Winger who despite having poorish stats turned out to be very good. Had I listened to my assman he'd have been in the reserves but my better judgement paid off and he was great all season.

Antal Jakl - Captain, not that great but old and experienced, scored a few goals too for such a defensive midfielder.

Club Info

Best 11

Manager Stats

Games - 32

Won - 18

Drew - 9

Lost - 5

Goals - For - 2.4p/m

Against - 1.3p/m

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 0

Club Co-Efficient, N/A

Hopefully those links are fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif Third time lucky??

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I just SMASHED Ards, 16-0. icon_smile.gif You would think Paul wallace would have bagged a truck load. Unfortunately, only 1. icon_frown.gif

With scores like that, no wonder your guys can score close to 1000 career goals... icon_wink.gif

Seriously, keep up the good work and...

GO PAUL!!!

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I just SMASHED Ards, 16-0. icon_smile.gif You would think Paul wallace would have bagged a truck load. Unfortunately, only 1. icon_frown.gif

With scores like that, no wonder your guys can score close to 1000 career goals... icon_wink.gif

Seriously, keep up the good work and...

GO PAUL!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon_smile.gif

Paul Wallace, for the record, has just scored his 500th Career league Goal

885 Total Club Goals

889 Total Goals

NepentheZ - Come on Paul!! a great achievement, but i do think he'll struggle to 1000 goals. you'll have to do what they did with Romario, and arrange loads of friendlies against awful teams, so he can reach his milestone. with the way you are dominating the league, you could keep playing him there til he's 50!! icon_smile.gif

Ruud Van Nistelrooy 774 - good first season there icon14.gif Bojan Bozovic looks a good player for you! hopefully you can keep a hold of him, and he can fire you to promotion.

McNeil - £12.5million!! icon_eek.gif that's a lot of money... What season are you in now? Briand is a good player, and you've done well to get him. icon14.gif

kccircle - oops indeed! at least it's only a friendly... Garden Village were actually one of my feeder teams as Caerleon. i won't hear a bad word said against them! icon_wink.gif

CoachFlu - good luck in your remaining champions league group games. you can close the gap!

Dave Safc Congrats on the League success.

Rlipscombe Hard luck mate on getting the sack. I hope you have better success in Serbia, i also like your reasoning for choosing your team! Just 'cos you like the kit icon_wink.gif

Konquest 5th is very respectable, certainly in your first season icon14.gif

Benjaminoo Congrats on Randaberg's promotion. A very good achievement in your first season.

HappySlappy Get work progressing thgrough the group stages. Might be tough against Chelsea icon_rolleyes.gif

Gundo Congrats on your League success, but quite in the cup. I've just secured the 4th successive domestic title for SKjetten with 5 games remaining icon_biggrin.gif.

You had a tough tie against Besiktas and your aggregate score was by no means a disgrace. I'm also glad to see Stain sticking by his principles. He's still with me, aged 27, with 2 years remaining on his contract. He's also been my captain for the past 5 years and leading by example.

Pjotpon Congratulations on your promotion icon14.gif

Nepenthez Yet another successful season, well done mate.

Coachflu A steady start to your Euro group. A great result in Holland has set you up nicely with 2 games to go.

Ruud V N A good season finishing 4th. Keep it up icon14.gif

McNeil I've not had any decent star players sign for me yet this campaign. Last year playing this challenge i pulled off a bit of a coup. A 32 year old Portugeuse signed on a free to SKjetten, he went by the name of Cristiano Ronaldo.....and yes he was still absolute class. As soon as i got him he was valued at £10.5 million icon_biggrin.gif

As for my game at Skjetten, progress has been very slow (not had enough time). I am nearing the end of the season and will do a review when i've finished.

I've yet agaiun been forced into selling my leading scorer in July. This time it was Cesar (22 year old Brazilian) who joined Botafago for £3.6 mil..... icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Rlipscombe Hard luck mate on getting the sack. I hope you have better success in Serbia, i also like your reasoning for choosing your team! Just 'cos you like the kit icon_wink.gif

kit colours are always important!! icon_wink.gif being serious for a minute, i do tend to avoid teams that play in red (certainly home shirts anyway). Blue is always a pull for me, as it's the colours of my team, sheffield wednesday. i do also like a more obscure shirt from time to time as well....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

kit colours are always important!! icon_wink.gif being serious for a minute, i do tend to avoid teams that play in red (certainly home shirts anyway). Blue is always a pull for me, as it's the colours of my team, sheffield wednesday. i do also like a more obscure shirt from time to time as well.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems fair enough to me.

I was wondering what the League structure is like in Serbia. How many teams are in each league etc?

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 31/32 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Jack Court

Fans' Player of the Year - Jack Court

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

After brushing aside Club Brugge in the third qualifying round with an 8-1 agg. victory, I was drawn against Chelsea, PSG and Olympiakos in the group stages. I got off to a good start, beating the Greeks 1-0 on their own patch. Things didn't go so well against PSG in the next game, with them winning a 6-4 thriller. I then lost another big scoring game away to Chelsea, 4-2. Another six goals were scored in the return match, but I managed to cling onto a 3-3 draw. A win at home over Olympiakos left me needing a win against PSG in the last game to qualify for the knockout stages. But PSG were just too good, and they took a 4-2 win. This meant I dropped down into the UEFA Cup.

Champions League Group Table

I had a good run in the UEFA Cup making it to the quarter finals after victories over FC Copenhagen and CSKA Moscow. In the QFs against Ajax, I was 3-2 up on agg. with less than 10 mins to go, and they scored in the 82nd minute. As the match was drifting towards extra time, they scored a second goal to send me out 4-3 on agg. icon_rolleyes.gif

All-Ireland Cup:

I managed to win again this year following the disappointing failure last year. Beat Drogheda 4-1 in the final.

The Board, Finances, etc.

Up to £140m in the bank now. There isn't much I can do with it though, my highest transfer fee paid is only £750k. The training facilities were upgraded to the best possible though, so maybe this will help me attract/retain some good players.

Another great season from my top scorer Jack Court. 99 goals last year, and 97 this year. Unfortunately he won't sign a new contract, which means he'll be leaving in a couple of season.

Gundo, info for your table:

19 Domestic Titles

Club Euro Coeff: 19th, 79.958

Nation Euro Coeff: 16th, 24.000

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

kit colours are always important!! icon_wink.gif being serious for a minute, i do tend to avoid teams that play in red (certainly home shirts anyway). Blue is always a pull for me, as it's the colours of my team, sheffield wednesday. i do also like a more obscure shirt from time to time as well.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems fair enough to me.

I was wondering what the League structure is like in Serbia. How many teams are in each league etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's 18 in my league, the second tier, with 2 up and 3 down i think. i think top league is only 12 teams, but play each other 3 times i believe, as it's a 33 game season.

Killyleagh Y.C - Premier Division - 2011-2012 - Season 4

So my fourth season in charge of Killyleagh, was to be my 1st season in the Premier Division. Having remained unbeaten the season before I was quietly confident of maybe casuing a bit of an upset and competing well in the league.

I only added 1 new player to my squad this year, and although his don't do him justice, I actually signed him more out of sentiment, because when playing dafuges game, he was the player who stayed with me for numerous seasons and was regulaly my top player.

Anyway, the season, well... somebody was supposed to tell them that the standard was better but obviously nobody did, and we won the league. Nearly managed to remain a second season unbeaten, but lost in the penultimate game, which was a shame.

Nothing to say in the cups, lost to a grey team in the Northern Irish Cup on penalties, once again they seemed to play like world beaters.

My top player last season was David Dennis whoscored regulaly, but doesnt seem to have the natural goalscoring ability of a certain Paul Wallace icon_biggrin.gif

Here's the squad who caused the biggest shock in Northen Irish Domestic football ever..

Champions League 1st Qualifying Round. Seem definately winnable, and seems easier than others I could have played, although if I do qualify, the next round maybe a step too far

For the coming season, I plan to compete in Europe, see if I can win a game, and aim to win the league again, and to try and improve my squad further, as subs and reserves aren't at the level yet to compete week in week out at the top level.

If anybody had any queries about anything, maybe an error somewhere, I'll be willing to help.

Will keep posting of my European adventure, to keep everybody updated icon14.gif

Champions League 1st Qualifying Round, 1st leg

Well what can I say, I have got to be honest, I was quite confident of getting something out of this tie, but looks highly unlikely although stranger things have happened.

The quality gap was tremendous, whilst watching the key highlights, my team didnt have an effort on goal, got into the final 3rd a lot but thats where it broke down all too often.

Not sure what I can do to help overcome this, might just go gung-ho in the second leg and have a right good go, got nothing to lose I say...

Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 2nd leg

Well the best I can say is we had a go. Playing 4 up front from the off was never going to help defensively, and it showed as they piled up the chanches against a lacklusture defence, although scoring goals away from home is encouraging.

Definately need to improve the squad, because we clearly haven't got the players to compete at a European level.

Slavonija Champions League Update - 24/25

Group Stage Round Up

Dinamo Bucharest (h) - After winning 1-0 away, we all expected a formality here, which was entirely what we got. 2-0 and very little for Dinamo Bucharest to shout about. Lucic and Murat continue their great European partnership with a goal each. This win also confirmed our qualification from the group. icon14.gif

Celtic (h) - This was a strange game. The 1st XI I put out was close to as strong as I could but they stuggled to get goals. Celtic took the lead, and were it not for a great goal from the sub Niko Friscic we could have lost this. I'm putting the blame on a lack of motivation, after all we had already qualified.

Zenit (a) - A relatively poor game, we'd already guaranteed top spot so the result wasn't all that important. Although it was disappointing to see us lose our first European tie since last years Final icon13.gif.

So through safely, but with the way the groups ended up, we would have preferred to have come 2nd. Our possible opponents contained old rivals Inter Milan, Liverpool and Valencia as well as our conquerers last year Sporting Lisbon.

1st Knockout Round Draw - Looks like we're gonna have to do it all over again!

Slavonija Champions League Update - 24/25

1st Knockout Round

Liverpool (a) - icon_mad.gif I can't tell you how frustrating this game was. I played the wrong tactics from the off and we found ourselves 2-0 down. Once I'd changed it we looked a lot better and really came at Liverpool. I still can't believe we didnt score. If you look at the match stats I think that shows just how many times we could have scored. All I'm going to say is Leon Baxter icon_eek.gif.

Incredible keeper and without him we may well have come away with an away goal. From here it looks an impossible task to turn this around. No heroics this season I'm afraid. And we have about 5 key players leaving at the end of the year icon13.gif. Bah!

Meldert, Belgium - December 20th 2026

Mid-season table.

A slip-up or two, but we look to have the season under control again. None of the "big" teams are having a good season, so I think we can afford a few more slip-ups and still cruise to the title.

Champions League

Group stage, match 5 and 6:

Besiktas - Meldert: 0-0

We dominated from start to finish, but just couldn't get the ball into the net. Another missed chance to grab three points, but at least this made 3rd place a certainty.

Meldert - Chelsea: 3-4

After the 3-3 in Stamford, this was yet another cracking match. The Chelsea vs. Meldert face-offs were undoubtedly a season highlight for neutral CL fans.

We deserved a point from this match, and had several close range breathtaking chances in the final minutes, but it wasn't to be.

A draw wouldn't have been enough anyway, as we needed a win to grab second place.

Group table.

We didn't manage to get as much from this group as we should have. Especially the two draws against Besiktas were missed opportunities.

I'm still pleased with our performance though. Only one narrow loss, to Chelsea. We've definitely shown that we're now competitive at this level. We just need that little bit of an extra edge to finish off the games when it matters.

And I don't really mind that we're "only" going into the UEFA Cup knockout rounds. After last year's disappointing early exit from the 1st knockout round, I'm determined to do better this time.

Archived