Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Decided not to post a midseason update, but 2/3 of the way through, Hetman are looking like value for a chance at the first division title! I guess the Polish League is easier than I thought, though I can't really understand it, as my team is a lot crappier than that - probably no better than the 8th best squad in the league - the preseason odds tipped us for 15 out of 16.

Its a magical ride thus far - I think I just want it documented in case we crash in the run-in.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Meldert, Belgium - December 20th 2026

Mid-season table.

A slip-up or two, but we look to have the season under control again. None of the "big" teams are having a good season, so I think we can afford a few more slip-ups and still cruise to the title.

Champions League

Group stage, match 5 and 6:

Besiktas - Meldert: 0-0

We dominated from start to finish, but just couldn't get the ball into the net. Another missed chance to grab three points, but at least this made 3rd place a certainty.

Meldert - Chelsea: 3-4

After the 3-3 in Stamford, this was yet another cracking match. The Chelsea vs. Meldert face-offs were undoubtedly a season highlight for neutral CL fans.

We deserved a point from this match, and had several close range breathtaking chances in the final minutes, but it wasn't to be.

A draw wouldn't have been enough anyway, as we needed a win to grab second place.

Group table.

We didn't manage to get as much from this group as we should have. Especially the two draws against Besiktas were missed opportunities.

I'm still pleased with our performance though. Only one narrow loss, to Chelsea. We've definitely shown that we're now competitive at this level. We just need that little bit of an extra edge to finish off the games when it matters.

And I don't really mind that we're "only" going into the UEFA Cup knockout rounds. After last year's disappointing early exit from the 1st knockout round, I'm determined to do better this time.

A good run in the Uefa Cup should make up for it!

Originally posted by pjtopor:

Decided not to post a midseason update, but 2/3 of the way through, Hetman are looking like value for a chance at the first division title! I guess the Polish League is easier than I thought, though I can't really understand it, as my team is a lot crappier than that - probably no better than the 8th best squad in the league - the preseason odds tipped us for 15 out of 16.

Its a magical ride thus far - I think I just want it documented in case we crash in the run-in.

good luck in the run-in. keep the faith. icon14.gif

Morning all, a quick update...

Ely Rangers Season 2013/2014

Welsh Premier League : 1st

Welsh Cup : Winners

Welsh Challenge Cup : Winners

FAW Premier Cup : Semi Final

Champions League : 1st Qualifying Round

Top Goalscorer : Darren Tierney 56

Highest Average Rating : Darren Tierny 8.14

A fourth successive league title for Ely, but only just! Llanelli matched us stride for stride, unfortunately for them not every stride!

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

12/13 1st + Welsh Cup, Welsh Challenge Cup

13/14 1st + Welsh Cup, Welsh Challenge Cup

Originally posted by bnek:

Morning all, a quick update...

Ely Rangers Season 2013/2014

Welsh Cup : Winners

Champions League : 1st Qualifying Round

Top Goalscorer : Darren Tierney 56

Highest Average Rating : Darren Tierny 8.14

A fourth successive league title for Ely, but only just! Llanelli matched us stride for stride, unfortunately for them not every stride!

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

congrats on another highly successful season icon14.gif soon you'll be ina position where the league is a mere convenience to your european challenge...

FK Sloga Kraljevo - Serbian First Division - Season 2008/09 - Pre-Season Round-UP

now that my pre-seaon is completed (i have actually played my first league game...) i thought i'd give a brief summary, and relay my hopes for the new season.

pre-season has seen a mass influx of players into the club, many of them on season-loans, which has in turn led to me having a huge squad. most however are banished to the reserves and will be sold in due course. there is a real possibility that i could play a strting-XI this season comprising solely of loan signings icon_eek.gif, although i do have a few permanent signing players of a good standard. although this is not something i'd choose to do in normal circumstances, i have had to raid the likes of Red Star in particular, Partizan etc due to a poor standard of player available to me.

on the playing front, i am most pleased with the talent i now have in wide positions and up front. i have a couple of really promising young strikers in, who have the potential to set the league alight. icon_biggrin.gif my central midfield is pretty good, and i have a good-looking GK in now too. my main area of weakness though is still CB and RB, and is the area i'm working on really hard right now. hopefully i can get something sorted before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

Results-wise, things have gone pretty well following our opening 4-1 home defeat to Red Star. considering i played without any loan signings then, as they hadn't arrived, i was pleased with the 'damage limitation.' most other results ended with wins over lesser Serbian opposition, before the highlight of our pre-season campaign - a 4-4 home draw over OFK Beograd, another of the Superleague heavyweights. icon_smile.gif it was a great performance from my team, and helped raise my expectations for the season a little further.

Our first league game has been a 1-1 draw at home to Indjija, a fellow promoted team. although we should probably have won, i'm pleased we created chances and kept things pretty tight considering our relative defensive strengths.

i will try and post a few screenshots tonight when i'm home, and have played a few more games. i'll pick out a few of our 'stars', once i have had a proper look at the players who have come ian and i have settled on my first-XI.

my hopes and expectations for the new season have raised a little now and my aim is to avoid relegation comfortably and push on towards a top-half finish. fingers crossed for a decent season!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hello all again! Just completed my latest season...

Ely Rangers Season 2014/2015

Welsh Cup : 4th Round

Champions League : 2nd Qualifying Round

Top Goalscorer : Darren Tierney 48

Highest Average Rating : Matthew Bryant 7.89

Another title, the threat of TNS and Llanelli is now virtually extinguished, i was able to lure their prize assets to the club.

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

14/15 1st + Welsh Challenge Cup

Well despite playing this challenge firstly at Brestnik in Bulgaria and currently Ely in Wales i have bad news!!!

I start my new job on Monday!!!

During the week i'll be staying at my girlfriends which of course means no access to this computer and thus no FM!

I'll still be on the forum on and off but my updates and sadly progress will be less frequent.

Today i've decided to do Dafuge's African challenge as i've been meaning to do it and should only take less than a day.

So, good luck everyone and i'll type soon! icon_smile.gif

Another title, the threat of TNS and Llanelli is now virtually extinguished, i was able to lure their prize assets to the club.

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

why is Tierney unhappy?? is their something you can do to appease him?? or does it look like you'll lose him??

Well despite playing this challenge firstly at Brestnik in Bulgaria and currently Ely in Wales i have bad news!!!

During the week i'll be staying at my girlfriends which of course means no access to this computer and thus no FM!

I'll still be on the forum on and off but my updates and sadly progress will be less frequent.

Today i've decided to do Dafuge's African challenge as i've been meaning to do it and should only take less than a day.

Best of luck in Africa! I was tempted to have a go, and did start. I lost interest quite quick in the challenge, but may return later in the month.

Nevertheless a good final season with Ely!!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

why is Tierney unhappy?? is their something you can do to appease him?? or does it look like you'll lose him?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Boy Tierney

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

Best of luck in Africa! I was tempted to have a go, and did start. I lost interest quite quick in the challenge, but may return later in the month.

Nevertheless a good final season with Ely!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll continue my Ely game as and when i can, i'll give Africa a crack and probably return to Ely this evening. icon_smile.gif

FK Sloga Kraljevo - Serbian First Division - Season 2008/09 - Pre-Season Round-UP

now that my pre-seaon is completed (i have actually played my first league game...) i thought i'd give a brief summary, and relay my hopes for the new season.

pre-season has seen a mass influx of players into the club, many of them on season-loans, which has in turn led to me having a huge squad. most however are banished to the reserves and will be sold in due course. there is a real possibility that i could play a strting-XI this season comprising solely of loan signings icon_eek.gif, although i do have a few permanent signing players of a good standard. although this is not something i'd choose to do in normal circumstances, i have had to raid the likes of Red Star in particular, Partizan etc due to a poor standard of player available to me.

on the playing front, i am most pleased with the talent i now have in wide positions and up front. i have a couple of really promising young strikers in, who have the potential to set the league alight. icon_biggrin.gif my central midfield is pretty good, and i have a good-looking GK in now too. my main area of weakness though is still CB and RB, and is the area i'm working on really hard right now. hopefully i can get something sorted before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

Results-wise, things have gone pretty well following our opening 4-1 home defeat to Red Star. considering i played without any loan signings then, as they hadn't arrived, i was pleased with the 'damage limitation.' most other results ended with wins over lesser Serbian opposition, before the highlight of our pre-season campaign - a 4-4 home draw over OFK Beograd, another of the Superleague heavyweights. icon_smile.gif it was a great performance from my team, and helped raise my expectations for the season a little further.

Our first league game has been a 1-1 draw at home to Indjija, a fellow promoted team. although we should probably have won, i'm pleased we created chances and kept things pretty tight considering our relative defensive strengths.

i will try and post a few screenshots tonight when i'm home, and have played a few more games. i'll pick out a few of our 'stars', once i have had a proper look at the players who have come ian and i have settled on my first-XI.

my hopes and expectations for the new season have raised a little now and my aim is to avoid relegation comfortably and push on towards a top-half finish. fingers crossed for a decent season!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds very promising mate. Are most of your players on loan from your parent club?

What are you finances like?

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Sounds very promising mate. Are most of your players on loan from your parent club?

What are you finances like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Star are my feeder club yes, but i went to them for most of them. they have offered me a few though. all my loan signings have 0% wage contribution by me icon_biggrin.gif as a result, my wage budget is about £7.5k or something, and i'm about £6k per week under it, so am saving money that way.

we had 507 turn up for our first league game, so not massive crowds. we sold 98 season tickets. the clubs bank balance is about £220k so with wages and no transfer budget, i'm hoping to reduce the losses to a minimum. i've gone in to the red too many times with other clubs and it's hindered me a little.

CoachFlu unlucky not to take 2nd but good luck in the Uefa. I have a good feeling about this season...

bnek congrats, another title! and another...sad to see you won't be updating much, but good luck when you do get a chance to play.

This season's slowly rolling along for Slavonija. Disappointment remains in the air following the Champions League exit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

What are you finances like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Star are my feeder club yes, but i went to them for most of them. they have offered me a few though. all my loan signings have 0% wage contribution by me icon_biggrin.gif as a result, my wage budget is about £7.5k or something, and i'm about £6k per week under it, so am saving money that way.

we had 507 turn up for our first league game, so not massive crowds. we sold 98 season tickets. the clubs bank balance is about £220k so with wages and no transfer budget, i'm hoping to reduce the losses to a minimum. i've gone in to the red too many times with other clubs and it's hindered me a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to be doing a good job on the purse strings icon14.gif

Euro Cup group draw see's us face Spartak Moscow, Heerenveen, FC Copenhagen and Partizan Belgrade.

Although as 5th seeds i kinda fancy our chances if we can beat Sampdoria we'll have a chance against these guys.

good luck! i reckon you have an outside chance.

09/10 - Hetman Zamosc - Polish First Division

League Position - Champions! icon_eek.gificon14.gif

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - 2nd Round

Polish League Cup - Quarters

The season ended pretty much as it began, with the mighty Hetman cruising to the first division title. I have no earthly idea how I managed this, as my team is fairly crap. In addition to the afforementioned Kobierecki and Nowosielski, this season saw two interesting additions to the squad:

Daniel Postolache

Filip Ivanovski

We also loaned in the Young Player of the Season.

Three Hetman players were in the Team of the Season.

Finances are a treat, another 2 big sales (300k-ish in total, don't get too excited) plus the moderately improving attendance led to the team being very in the black.

FINANCES

And once again, the info screen for Hetman Zamosc.

I'm looking forward to the champs league campaign, but I think our time for crashing to the earth is upon us. I have a really weak squad, augmented only by some pace in the right spots. A good start has pushed morale high in the last two seasons - getting smashed in CL quals is unlikely to repeat that feat, and I suspect morale and motivation is the only thing holding this together, besides some duct tape and bailing wire. For the record, we clinched with 3 matches left then proceeded to lose all 3 as the squad was demotivated, despite all the superbs in the team sheet.

Anyway, its still a magical ride!

Table Info:

Domestic Title x1

Club coefficient 5.441, 302nd

Nation coefficient 14.625, 22nd

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

2010/2011 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - Quarterfinals

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

OH MY GOD OHY MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Great result icon14.gif.

Attendance of 10,500 icon_eek.gif.

Did you start with a big capacity or has it already been expanded? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our normal ground (Station Road) is being expanded at the moment so we play at Cwmbran Stadium which has a handy 10,500 capacity! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived