Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meldert, Belgium - February 25th 2027

UEFA Cup First Knockout Round:

We were drawn against Boavista (Portugal), who - like us - had never gotten past this stage in Europe, so I was fairly confident. I was hoping for a big win.

Boavista - Meldert: 1-1

We were by far the better team, but - frustratingly, yet again - failed to finish them off. The goalie, the post, missed penalty, blah. Still, our performance made me hope for a comfortable home leg.

Meldert - Boavista: 1-0

But there was nothing comfortable about it. I was hoping for an early goal, but my offense played awful. Luckily the defense was decent enough, so the match was a stalemate. The final minutes were a bit dicey when Boavista came at us, but then a counter attack goal in injury time brought the sigh of relief.

So we're through to the 2nd knockout round, which means we've accomplished the goal I set at the start of the season.

I'm a bit disappointed about the performance though. If we're to survive a few more rounds in this competition, this should have been a much more comfortable win.

We'll be facing Celtic in the next round. I rate them a bit higher than Boavista, but we should still be able to beat them. That is, if we play to our potential.

Meldert, Belgium - March 18th 2027

UEFA Cup Second Knockout Round:

Meldert - Celtic: 2-1

A low-action first half until they woke us up by opening the score. We equalized immediately, and then took charge in the second half.

We played well and deserved the win, but their away goal would make the return leg tricky.

Celtic - Meldert: 3-2 aet

Yikes, that was close.

We started well, with the early goal, and then managed to keep the match fairly balanced, but couldn't avoid Celtic scoring twice.

A second yellow for one of our DCs put us on the back foot for most of extra time, and our goalie deserved a medal for some of the saves he made. And then we finally scrambled one into the net to put us into the quarters - though they did score another straight after to give me a few nervous minutes before the final whistle.

We'll be facing Olympique Lyonnais in the Quarter Finals. Whatever happens in that round, this season's European campaign has been a success.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2025/26 (Season 18) - N. Irish Premier Division

To Begin - Stadium Expansion - 2500 seats. - This will take the stadium up to around 1300 seats now icon_smile.gif ... also, My Youth/Training facilities are "Good"

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Round

UEFA Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Winner

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland - 30th (Up 3) | Knockbreda - 215th (up 14)

Awards -

Melo - Young Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Willie Cowan - Player of the Year

Willie Cowan - Top Goal Scorer, 55 Goals (League Only)

Willie Cowan - European Golden Boot (55 points)

Other Info -

Willie Cowan - 5 Consecutive Hat-Tricks

Club Records

Player Records

Finances

Knockbreda Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Team Stats (Season)

Players of the Season

Paul Wallace - as you can see, paul is dropping off the pace fast. He's accrued nearly 3 whole years of injuries, and i've no doubt that without those, he would have capped the 1000 mark already. Still, he dragged himself to a fantastic 899 career club goals this year, with 28 impressive goals. I've given him pen duty back, and he duly missed 12 of 14 attempts, scoring the rebound in.... none of the misses.. (can't figure out weather to put a happy or sad face there.!)

Willie Cowan - his first season as a starter in the Knockbreda front line, and he delivered. 105 goals this season from the young lad, and clubs chasing him every week. Hes contracted for 2 more seasons, and I'll be lucky to get him to sign an extension, so hopefully 2 more massive seasons from him before he moves on to bigger and better things.

Season Summary

A great season. I've won every domestic competition this season, and deserved it. My team is far superior to every other Irish or N. Irish team. I would LOVE some consistent Champs League visits, to boost rep and finances, but only 2 in the last 5 seasons mean that I'm struggling to keep the players I have, and finding it hard to find goo players to replace them. On a great note, Willie Cowan scored 105 goals this season, smashing Wallace's record of 88. Also beat his MotM record, and his League goals in a season record, (55 for Cowan, 54 for Wallace).

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 723

Goals: 899

Assists: 302

MotM: 238

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

2021/22 Co-Efficient = 5.430 (355th) | Up 188

2022/23 Co-Efficient = 5.649 (374th) | Down 19

2023/24 Co-Efficient = 10.860 (229th)| Up 145

2024/25 Co-Efficient = 11.355 (229th)| No Movement

2025/26 Co-Efficient - 13.290 (215th)| Up 14

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 14 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 15 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 16 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 17 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 961

Won - 722

Drew - 106

Lost - 133

GF - 3113 (3.2pm)

GA - 876 (0.9 pm)

GD - 2237

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 14

Club Co-Efficient, 215th

Nation Co-Efficient, 30th

A Little piece of Knockbreda history....

Top Ten Players, that have left the club...

Number 10

Jayme de Souza (aka Souza) - D RC,DM

Profile | History

Info - 22 year old Brazilian born Souza joined Knockbreda for a mere £28,000 back in 2021 from Santos. After Spending 5 years at Knockbreda, Souza felt it was time to move on to better things. Many clubs were after his signature, but he eventually signed for Porto for £2,500,000.

International - 11 U-21 Caps, 0 Goals (Brazil)

Knockbreda History -

Left : 22.1.2026 (4 Years)

Games - 140

Goals - 6

Assists - 27

MotM - 1

Number 9

Ronnie Lockhart - D LC,WBL,MC

Profile | History

Info - Now 24, Lockhart spent his junior years at Knockbreda in a 7 year spell, before moving on to Everton at the end of his contract. He was picked up by manager Craig Douglas as a free transfer at the age of 16, but didn't play a single game in his first season. Spending much of his first few season on the bench, Lockhart quickly found himself in the first 11, which is when the interest in him grew. A great versatile player. Left on a Free Transfer.

International - 41 Caps, 2 Goals (N. Ireland)

Knockbreda History -

Left : 1.7.2024 (7 Years)

Games - 273

Goals - 45

Assists - 80

MotM - 6

Number 8

Dave Derby - DL,WBL,AM L

Profile | History

Info - 26 year old Derby has been about a bit. Only a short spell at the knocks, but he made a big impression. A star quality player, and perhaps one of the best to play for Knockbreda. Signed for £70,000 from Glentoran, he spent his 5 years at Knockbreda before leaving at the end of his contract to join Cardiff, where he still plays.

International - 37 Caps, 1 Goal - Ireland

Knockbreda History -

Left : 1.7.2024 (5 Years)

Games - 147

Goals - 17

Assists - 55

MotM - 6

Number 7

Paul McClean (aka McClean) - AM/F C

Profile | History

Info - Arguably the best player to play for Knockbreda. Picked up on a free transfer and scored 24 goals in only 8 games in his first season. His form carried on from there, and in his final season he scored a massive 87 goals. As soon as Man Utd took interest, there was no hope of me keeping him. He left at the end of his contract, but after joining Utd, he was promptly loaned out to Sheff Utd. He since returned, and is now a free scoring Prem striker. A great player.

International - 43 Caps, 15 Goals (N. Ireland)

Left : 1.7.2023 (6 Years)

Games - 156

Goals - 201

Assists - 103

MotM - 49

Number 6

Mulvenna - D/WB L

Profile | History

Info - By the looks of his player stats, he could well be THE most skillful player to have ever graced our club. Joined on a Free Transfer as a 16 year old, he quickly grew to be a club favorite. After leaving The Knocks at the end of his contract, he has a 2 year spell with Portsmouth, before being sold to Man Utd for a massive £6,500,000. Currently playing regular Prem football.

International - 28 Caps, 1 Goal (N. Ireland)

Left : 1.7.2023 (6 Years)

Games - 225

Goals - 55

Assists - 54

MotM - 13

Top 5 to come tomorrow. This is taking longer than I thought.!! - Hope you enjoy it though

Afan Lido - Season 10/11 - Welsh Premier League

CHAMPIONS! - UNABEATEN!

Media Prediction - 3rd

Actual Position - 1st

Euro Cup - 2nd qual round

Welsh Cup - 3rd round

Welsh Challenge Cup - Qtr Final

FAW Premier Cup - Qtr Final

Welsh Premier League - League Table | League Graph

Awards -

Nicky Ainsley - Top Scorer

Nicky Ainsley - Player of the Season

Ben Psaila - Manager of the Season

Eight Players - Team of the Season

Afan Lido Info

Squad

Info Screen

Manager Overview

Stars Of The Season

I could of put the whole squad, as they all played equally well, but I'll but the ones that stood out.

Nicky Ainsley - Sensational Again, Scoring 43 in 44

Saynthan Sivagnanam - Amazing in the Strikeforce 3.

Eugene Larkin - Way, way too good for this league.

Nick Baker - He and Larkin dominated the wings throughout the season.

A season update ouldn't be complete without Oaksey.

Well What can I say..

What a brilliant season! I thought we might lose it at the end when we had a few draws but we held on and we sealed the title by beating TNS!

Shame about the cups, might've been a blessing in disguise though.

For Gundo's Table..

Domestic Title x1

Club Co-efficient - 423rd

Nation Coefficent - 45th (Is this Wales' position?)

Ely Rangers Season 2015/2016

Welsh Premier League : 1st

Welsh Cup : Winners

Welsh Challenge Cup : Winners

FAW Premier Cup : Winners

Champions League : 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup : Group Stage

Top Goalscorer : Darren Payne 29

Highest Average Rating : Ashley Chadwick 7.72

Title number 6 was delivered in style, only 2 points dropped all season a 1-1 draw at Llanelli. Won by 26 points the title was won with ease.

European football once again saw progress, victories in the Champions League against Rabotnicki and Wisla Krakow saw a meeting against Chelsea. 9-0 over two legs, game over!

So onto the Euro Cup, drawn against Sampdoria no one gave us much hope but a 2-0 win at home brought the game to penalties, which we won 3-2.

The group stage saw us draw in Serbia against Partizan Belgrade, defeats against Heerenveen and Spartak Moscow though ended our Euro dream for another season.

Squadwise goals came from all quarters, this was demonstrated with our top goalscorer Danny Payne being a midfielder! Players continue to come and go but no one really has been able to dislodge the main body of our long serving team.

Club Info

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League Record

08/09 6th

09/10 2nd

10/11 1st

11/12 1st

12/13 1st + Welsh Cup, Welsh Challenge Cup

13/14 1st + Welsh Cup, Welsh Challenge Cup

14/15 1st + Welsh Challenge Cup

15/16 1st + Welsh Cup, Welsh Challenge Cup

5 games in to my 1st season with Sloga, and my record is 1-3-1, which isn't bad but could be better...

... however, i have just noticed that the top SIX sides are promoted this season!! icon_eek.gif with 4 relegated, only 8 of the current 18 teams will still be in the First division next season...

really whetted my desire for a top-six finish, as i think it must be a one-off thing due to league restructuring, so may represent my best chance of promotion... Come on you Whites!!

Meldert, Belgium - April 15th 2027

UEFA Cup Quarter Final:

After Boavista and Celtic, our Quarter Final opponent, Lyon, was of a somewhat higher caliber. Still no absolute top team, but with regular Quarter and Semi Final appearances in both the Champions League as the UEFA Cup over the years, they were clear favorites for this face off.

Meldert - Lyon: 4-4

Jeez, what a match. Defenders and goalies on both sides had a bit of a horrid time, with the strikers claiming a starring role.

Lyon was the slightly more dominant team, but this was a match we didn't deserve to lose. Still a tough result to take to the away leg though.

Lyon - Meldert: 4-1

Bah. We battled well in the first half and kept hope alive, but a penalty foul early in the second half sealed our fate. Our defense turned into mush, and Lyon finished us off easily.

I've been pleased with my defense this season, especially domestically, but in Europe, where we face strikers like this (he scored 4 against us over both legs), my defenders occasionally turn into a bunch of idiots, running in the wrong direction etc.

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't manage to put up more of a fight in the away leg, but I can't really complain. Reaching the UEFA Cup Quarters for the first time is a result I would've signed for before the start of the season.

Mosside's Big European Adventure

Qualifying Stages

This year we started in the First Qualifying Round and we had some easy draws, drawing Kairat, Partizani and Celtic.

We beat Kairat easily 2-0 and 3-0 to progress 5-0 on aggerate, then we had an easy draw to Partzani, managing 1-1 then a 4-2 victory in the 2nd leg, to win 5-3 on aggerate, we were then drawn with Celtic, the 1st leg we managed a 1-1 draw, then we schoked everyone, by beating them 1-0, to qualify for the Champions League for the second year running!

Qualfying Stages

Champions League Stages

We were 4th seeds and got a moderate group of Chelsea, Rapid and Cska Moscow, it could have been worse, we had recieved last years champions, a decent euro team and an underperforming european team, I felt third place was possible and I made that my aim, my first two games, only scrapped a point, but we picked up a notable 1-1 draw with Chelsea:

First Two Games

Chelsea were now top with 4 points, Rapid second with three, Cska Moscow with three points and us with One point, I looked at are next two games, I knew we had to get atleast a win and a draw in both of them to get third place and then hope for some good luck against Cska Moscow, but we got quite lucky:

Next Three Games

Now the gruop looked was, Chelsea 9 points, Mosside 8 points, Cska Moscow 5 points and Rapid 4 Points, looking at it, thanks to a draw with Cska Moscow, we had ensured third place, however we were now in the running to reach the knockouts, being three points clear of Cska Moscow and having a better goal difference, all we needed was a draw with Chelsea to reach the knockouts, we did achieve it, we got lucky:

Chelsea V Mosside

it however didn't matter as Rapid drew to Cska Moscow, which knocked out Rapid, but put Cska Moscow into the Euro Cup, by now we had reached the knock-outs and we drew, suprise, suprise Liverpool! they had beat us last year so we wanted revenge, the 1st leg was a 2-2 draw, then we knocked them out:

Mosside V Liverpool

Into Quter-finals

Revenge felt good and we got drawn with Sevilla in the Quter-finals, it wasn't two bad they were the second best draw avaliable, though, I wished we had Red Star, unfortunatly we lost to Sevilla:

Sevilla V Mosside

But however we put up a good fight and only lost 1-0, but I was angry about this:

Fixture Congestion

I feel thatif my players had a rest for few days we might have won icon_mad.gif, this must be a bug and I feel SI should look at this icon13.gif, but oh well, the dream is over for another year, or atleast for now icon_wink.gif

Achievements:

Champions League Quter-finals 2029-30

Domestic League x14

Domestic Cup x9

Other N.Ireland Cups x22

All Ireland Cup x3

Coefficent:

N.Ireland 29th 11.333

Mosside 146th 19.739

Hopefully this run, will boost both ours and N.Irelands coefficent a lot and hopefully in future we will have to qualify from the second qualifying round, I also hope this will help attract better players to the club icon_smile.gif.

I lost the second leg 3-2.

It was 1-0 Knocbreda @ halftime, and I had hope. 74th minute and bang.... 1-1. My dreams seemed over icon_frown.gif

But no.! 82nd minute and Paul Wallace scores to make it 3-3 on agg, and looks like E.T.

Until.....

85th minute, 2-2.

90th minute, 3-2.

The Euro dream is over again. And 15 of my 26 man squad want to leave. 9 of my starting 11 want to leave. icon_frown.gif

Meldert, Belgium - May 15th 2027

Mid-season table

End of season.

As I anticipated in December, none of the teams closest behind us were able to mount a serious title challenge, so we were able to cruise to our sixth consecutive title.

A notable difference compared to last season: we scored almost twenty goals less, this year. Our defense performed very well though.

The lower amount of goals did not have a big influence on the number of wins/draws/losses we strung together. We had no less than eight 1-0 wins this season.

Belgian Cup

Some years we cruise to the final, but this year that was not the case. We had two close escapes in the early rounds, but weren't so lucky the third time. A 3-2 agg loss to KV Mechelen in the semi final ended this season's cup run. No third consecutive double.

Euro recap:

- Finished 3rd in Champions League group stage.

- Lost in UEFA Cup Quarter Final against Lyon (8-5 agg).

The squad.

With our European campaign expanding into April, our squad depth turned out quite useful. The injury gods weren't kind on us either, with especially the wingers suffering.

This did have its advantages, however, as it gave me a chance to field test the next generation of Meldert left wingers.

New signing Felipe Yanguas was thrown straight into the deep end, and proved himself an excellent prospect.

And Meldert youth product Tony Luyckx, who looked to be another "probably won't make it," reacted well to his first team minutes, and showed that there's still room for improvement in his stats. Don't think he'll evolve into a first team star, but he may have a future as a homegrown backup.

Up front it was our first season with Alex Lambrechts, now 33, in a much reduced role. That undoubtedly contributed to the lower amount of league goals we scored, but our three main strikers Alarcon, Zoko and Saucedo shared the goals between them nicely.

They all want to leave the club, though, so I'll have to start replacing them again.

My two DCs deserve a mention as well, after a fine season:

José Antonio. His second season at the club, first as a starter. Despite his average pace,he's dominant in league matches. Something I only just noticed in the coach report though: he doesn't enjoy big matches. That may partially explain why our defense was a lot more vulnerable in Europe.

Mugurel Alexandru. Mugurel's second season as a starting center back for us deserves a special mention, since he was an important part of Romania's World Cup runner-up squad last summer, and was awarded the Belgian Golden Boot in January.

I'm quite pleased with how the quality of the team has improved over the last few years - as indicated by our evolution in Europe. Next season will be a crucial one though, since it will be the last season in which an entire batch of quality players will be at Meldert. Unless they change their mind about wanting to leave, I'll not only lose the three strikers mentioned above, but also my talented Belgian wingbacks Cabeke and Bultynck.

Lining up replacements while keeping the club moving in the right direction will be the major challenge of the next few years.

At least the sale of all that quality should feed the club's coffers nicely.

Not that we particularly need it at the moment. Finances.

(We're currently in 46th place in the World's Richest Clubs list.)

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

2021/22: First Division - 1st

2022/23: First Division - 1st

2023/24: First Division - 1st

2024/25: First Division - 1st

2025/26: First Division - 1st

2026/27: First Division - 1st

Best performances in Europe:

Champions League - Group Stage

UEFA Cup - Quarter Final

Originally posted by Truegunner:

Qualifying Stages

This year we started in the First Qualifying Round and we had some easy draws, drawing Kairat, Partizani and Celtic.

We beat Kairat easily 2-0 and 3-0 to progress 5-0 on aggerate, then we had an easy draw to Partzani, managing 1-1 then a 4-2 victory in the 2nd leg, to win 5-3 on aggerate, we were then drawn with Celtic, the 1st leg we managed a 1-1 draw, then we schoked everyone, by beating them 1-0, to qualify for the Champions League for the second year running!

Qualfying Stages

Champions League Stages

We were 4th seeds and got a moderate group of Chelsea, Rapid and Cska Moscow, it could have been worse, we had recieved last years champions, a decent euro team and an underperforming european team, I felt third place was possible and I made that my aim, my first two games, only scrapped a point, but we picked up a notable 1-1 draw with Chelsea:

First Two Games

Chelsea were now top with 4 points, Rapid second with three, Cska Moscow with three points and us with One point, I looked at are next two games, I knew we had to get atleast a win and a draw in both of them to get third place and then hope for some good luck against Cska Moscow, but we got quite lucky:

Next Three Games

Now the gruop looked was, Chelsea 9 points, Mosside 8 points, Cska Moscow 5 points and Rapid 4 Points, looking at it, thanks to a draw with Cska Moscow, we had ensured third place, however we were now in the running to reach the knockouts, being three points clear of Cska Moscow and having a better goal difference, all we needed was a draw with Chelsea to reach the knockouts, we did achieve it, we got lucky:

Chelsea V Mosside

it however didn't matter as Rapid drew to Cska Moscow, which knocked out Rapid, but put Cska Moscow into the Euro Cup, by now we had reached the knock-outs and we drew, suprise, suprise Liverpool! they had beat us last year so we wanted revenge, the 1st leg was a 2-2 draw, then we knocked them out:

Mosside V Liverpool

Into Quter-finals

Revenge felt good and we got drawn with Sevilla in the Quter-finals, it wasn't two bad they were the second best draw avaliable, though, I wished we had Red Star, unfortunatly we lost to Sevilla:

Sevilla V Mosside

But however we put up a good fight and only lost 1-0, but I was angry about this:

Fixture Congestion

I feel thatif my players had a rest for few days we might have won icon_mad.gif, this must be a bug and I feel SI should look at this icon13.gif, but oh well, the dream is over for another year, or atleast for now icon_wink.gif

Achievements:

Domestic League x14

Domestic Cup x9

Other N.Ireland Cups x22

All Ireland Cup x3

Coefficent:

N.Ireland 29th 11.333

Mosside 146th 19.739

Hopefully this run, will boost both ours and N.Irelands coefficent a lot and hopefully in future we will have to qualify from the second qualifying round, I also hope this will help attract better players to the club icon_smile.gif.

How big is your squad? Did you manage to rest many key players for the European games?

It seems a few of you are getting quite close now to winning the UEFA Cup.

For my Ely team it will be a miracle if we win the Welsh Cup.

(saying that we are sitting pretty at the top of the league at the moment - 15 games in - but it is all down to one striker, and he's now injured!)

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Truegunner:

Qualifying Stages

Qualfying Stages

Champions League Stages

First Two Games

Next Three Games

Chelsea V Mosside

Mosside V Liverpool

Into Quter-finals

Sevilla V Mosside

Fixture Congestion

Achievements:

Domestic League x14

Domestic Cup x9

Other N.Ireland Cups x22

All Ireland Cup x3

Coefficent:

N.Ireland 29th 11.333

Mosside 146th 19.739

How big is your squad? Did you manage to rest many key players for the European games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My squad has about 27/28 players and I did for most of them however I couldn't for the Liverpool and Sevilla games, my players ended up playing 4 games in 4 days, also I won the All Ireland cup again, along with all the other domestic competitons.

FK Vigor - Norwegian Second Division, Group 3 - End of 2009 Report

At a glance

Norwegian Second Division, Group 3

Media Prediction: 9th

Board Ambition: Mid-table

Final Position: 2nd (PROMOTION!) | Graph

League Season Summary

Norwegian Cup

Board Ambition: 2nd Round

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

1st Round: Vigor 4 - 2 Grovfjord

2nd Round: Vigor 5 - 2 Mo

3rd Round: Vigor 3 - 2 Rorvik

4th Round: Bryne 5 - 1 Vigor

</pre>

This season has been pretty encouraging. The board was seeing us as a mid-table team, but I knew that our kids were able to do much more. We started the season with 6 straight draws, and we were the only undefeated club, along with Viking 2. We were not quite there, snatching draws in the last minutes, or blowing a 1 goal lead right at the end. Exciting games, but not very good in the long run. Then we went a bit rough there. we were indeed at mid-table and something had to happen in order to achieve my ambitions.

Then I had the first Stian Show . In the cup 2nd round, we were touted as underdogs against Mo. Stian stepped up, with 3 goals and 1 assist routing them in a 5-2 win.

Things started to work well from there. I made some small adujustments to my tactics and things just clicked. We started to get some lucky breaks and the players were somehow finding each other much better on the pitch. We rose from our mid-table anonimity to challenge in the first spots of the league.

With Viking 2 running away with the league, my hope for promotion was to finish 2nd. We established ourselves in that position thanks to a 7 game unbeaten streak, which included snapping Viking 2's 27-game unbeaten run.

So I was 2 points in front of Arendal, with 2 games remaining in the season and we welcomed them in our stadium, with our best player, Stian Ringstad, away for international duties. For the first time, I played on a frozen pitch. Our guys seemed nervous and we managed to keep the score 1-1 at the break. However, Arendal came out strong and it was 1-3 after the 54th minute. However, determined not to let them pass in front of us in the table, we gave everything in the end and went all out attacking. They were caught off-guard and the strategy worked. We scored a goal on the 80th minute, the 84th minute and we kept on pushing. We received a penalty in the 93rd minute, which allowed us to scrape the win and seal the promotion!

The Squad

Best XI - 2009 Edition

Best XI - Overall Edition

Squad stats

Fan's Player of the Year: Stian Ringstad

He really stepped into the role of the leader of the squad. His 18 goals and 20 assists prove that he was on top of his form all year. He's been attracting bids from Premier Division clubs, but I've managed to refuse them all. If I can get promoted fast enough, he won't have the desire to leave...

Past winners: Stian Thommesen, who had a respectable season, but was injured in the end.

Manager's Player of the Year: Simen Ruud

Past winners: Stian Ringstad

Signing of the season: Simen Ruud

In all my FM career, I've never had such a dominating player. I've signed him in the summer break to cover for injuries to Askel Johnsen and Sverre Digerud, and he played 8 games for us. During those games, he managed to score 15 goals and come in second for league scorer! His form screen shows how productive he was.

Past winners: Stian Ringstad

Obscure Hero: Askel Johnsen

Not totally obscure, but he got totally eclipsed by Simen Ruud during the last part of the season. He still managed to get in 15 goals in 20 games, while keeping an average rating of 7.50. Honorable mention to Ole Christian Langeland. He was solid in the midfield throughout the year.

Past winners: Tore Bjerk

The Club

Finances are still ok. More money should come pouring in next season, after the promotion.

We will need to strenghten our sqad for the next season, as I lack fingers to count the number of guys that won't be able to make the step up.

We now have a parent club, Bryne, who won the league this year and went to the Norwegian Cup final.

The Rest

Champions League: Inter wins on penalties 1 - 1 against Real Madrid

Euro Cup: Arsenal wins on penalties 1 - 1 against Zaragoza

Euro Super Cup: Atletico Madrid wins on penalties 2 - 2 against Arsenal

Norway Cup: Stromsgodset wins 3 - 0 against Bryne

World Footballer of the year; David Villa (Valencia). 39 goals in 49 apps. 7.96 avg. rating.

Miscallenous screenshots

<A HREF="http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5481/leaguestatsxu0.jpg" TARGET=_blank>League Stats[/b]: Look at all that green!

Manager Profile</A>: Adventurous...? Every risk is calculated! icon_biggrin.gif

Club Record: We note the Top League Goalscorer, and he's played only 8 league games.

Club Summary

Transfer Screen: All the in guys held their first team spot really well.

For those of you playing in Wales - how long did it take you to break TNS dominance? Am in 3rd season and they still whoop ass!

bnek seems to have had the best game in Wales, he's smacking the WPL everywhere, personally I got up to my fourth/fifth season and TNS and Llanelli were still dangerous

Well... Looks like I will get beaten up pretty solidly in the First Division...

2 days after the registration date, my goalkeeper breaks his ankle, sending him out for 2-3 months. And my substitute is at best shaky and definitely does not have the required level to play there.

icon_frown.gif

Sloga Kraljevo - Serbian First League - Season 2008-09 - Mid Season Report

just a quick update as i've reached the winter break - the half way point.

Table

i'm pretty pleased with how the season has gone so far. the league is really competitive, and anyone can beat anyone pretty much, so i'm happy to be in the pack at the moment. as i have said, 6th place is my target, and i am within range at the moment.

Squad - GK & Defence

Squad - midfielders & forwards

i've had to post my squad over two screens as i have too big a squad to post on one screen!! icon_biggrin.gif Banda has been my top striker, and Milos Reljic would have scored a lot more had he not missed a couple of months through injury... if they can stay clear of injury, MAYBE we have a chance....

For those of you playing in Wales - how long did it take you to break TNS dominance? Am in 3rd season and they still whoop ass!

Llanelli have always been more of my rivals. TNS have virtually diminished with the rest of the carp in the league with me basically buying any of their decent players.

Llanelli still hang onto our coat tails...just....again most of their squad has been pillaged.

I've bought most of their players just so they don't have them to be honest!

I'm missing it already! icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by bnek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Llanelli have always been more of my rivals. TNS have virtually diminished with the rest of the carp in the league with me basically buying any of their decent players.

Llanelli still hang onto our coat tails...just....again most of their squad has been pillaged.

I'm missing it already! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just lost my Ely game. I was reading a thread of FM Modifier and not really knowing what it was I looked at my team on it. I saw what information it gives you in terms of PA and such. Don't really think i can commit to my game in the same way anymore.

I think I'll restart soon in one of the Eastern European leagues.

Any recommendations?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

I'm missing it already! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just lost my Ely game. I was reading a thread of FM Modifier and not really knowing what it was I looked at my team on it. I saw what information it gives you in terms of PA and such. Don't really think i can commit to my game in the same way anymore.

I think I'll restart soon in one of the Eastern European leagues.

Any recommendations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Croatia sounds fun, from what iacovone has reported. icon14.gif

Archived