Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

SalPa, Veikkausliiga (Finnish Premier League)

Veikkausliiga Liigacup (League Cup) – Qtr Final

Suomen Cup (Finnish Cup) – 5th Round

Veikkausliiga (Premier League) - Winners

UEFA Cup – Beat Astana 4-2 on aggregate, knocked out in FC Midtjylland 3-5 in 2nd Qualifying Round

Veikkausliiga Liigacup (League Cup) – Lost in Final

Suomen Cup (Finnish Cup) – Lost in Qtr Final

Veikkausliiga (Premier League) – Winners

Champions League – Beat Torpedo Kutaisi 2-1 on aggregate, knocked out in 2nd Qualifying Round by Elfsborg 1-3.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup (League Cup) – Lost in Semi Final

Suomen Cup (Finnish Cup) – Winner

Veikkausliiga (Premier League) – Winners

Champions League – Beat Dinamo Tbilisi 5-3 on aggregate, knocked out in 2nd Qualifying Round by Rangers 0-7.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup (League Cup) – Winners

Suomen Cup (Finnish Cup) – Lost in Finals

Veikkausliiga (Premier League) – <A HREF="http://coasterkoa.pictiger.com/albums/16592/14171937/" TARGET=_blank> Winner (including playoff with AC Oulu)

</A>

Champions League – Beat Linfield 5-4 on aggregate, knocked out in 2nd Qualifying Round by Basel 4-4 on away goals.

The real reason I did an update after 4 years was we reached two HUGE milestones. First off, we turned professional! Not a big deal for most clubs, but considering we’ve had relative success in Europe, and huge success domestically without even being full time. Secondly, we’re now able to scout outside of Finland. We only have two players in the squad, a Dane and a Swede, who both admittedly play large parts in our side, but both came from clubs inside Finland. Hopefully now we can assert some real dominance over the league and build toward Europe. As well, our stadium is now just over 7600 seats, so we’ll be rolling in the dough.

Euro Coefficient: 2.474 (420th)

Nation Coefficient: 7.50 (33rd)

I’d like to end with my own personal wonderkid. I would not be surprised if he turned out to be a genuine wonderkid in the future. At 16, he is already getting caps, and scoring. He is going to be amazing: Mikko Knutar

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

Good luck mate! Has anyone got past the group phase yet?

iacovone made it to the final. I think he's the only person to reach that stage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

By the way my games on hold at the moment, started a bit of a career game to freshen FM up for me icon14.gif KUTGW everyone and good luck to the new guys that have joined recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this career game you've got going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I had possibly my best ever save on FM07 as a career game in which I'd loaded close to 40 leagues around the world. I started randomly at Lokomotiv(Plovdiv) in Bulgaria (as my manager was Bulgarian) and worked my way up from there. My career went for about 20 seasons from Loko - Bulgaria - CSKA(Sofia) - Independiente(argentina) - Marseille(won Champions League 3 times) - PSV - Real Madrid. Just doing that list conjures up great memories icon_biggrin.gif. So basically my current career game is a take on that, similar amount of leagues, and beginning at Loko(Plovdiv) again. After a season and a half I've made my way to the Argentine 2nd Div with Gimnasia Engrsya (or something similar) and I'm loving it once again. Club loyalty is not an option!

Annihilator666 - SC YF Juventus - Season 10/11 - Swiss Challenge League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Mato Maric

Fans' Player of the Year - Mato Maric

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

Another good season, gaining six more point than I did last year, but finishing one place lower in 6th. I was mile away from the top four teams though, who were all Professional. And somehow, Basel got relegated from the Super League, so I'll have to deal with them next season.

In the cup, I once again got to the third round, before being outclassed by an all-grey amateur team. icon_rolleyes.gif

The Board, Finances, etc.:

Thankfully, my chairman didn't sell off any of the team this season. With the prize money of £550k for my final league position, my bank balance is in very good shape.

Average attendance for the season was 602, down from 709 last season. This means I'm only filling about 50% of my stadium, and a stadium expansion isn't necessary just yet.

Mato Maric had a 20+ goals season for the third year running, but he probably only has two or three more years in him because of his age.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

new patch is out for anyone planning on starting a new game.....

I'm unsure now? Carry on with Randaberg or start over (in Norway of course icon_biggrin.gif ).

Decisions decisions... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

I'm unsure now? Carry on with Randaberg or start over (in Norway of course icon_biggrin.gif ).

Decisions decisions... icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me know what you decide!

Things are interesting at Skjetten at the mo though!

Quarter Finals of the Champs League against Barcelona coming up shortly icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Quarter Finals of the Champs League against Barcelona coming up shortly icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do cooks. I'll add the patch and have a little look around and see whats changed.

QF of the CL that's quite something, what year you in now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Quarter Finals of the Champs League against Barcelona coming up shortly icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do cooks. I'll add the patch and have a little look around and see whats changed.

QF of the CL that's quite something, what year you in now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's April 2020! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

And that's the first time that's happened!

You seem to be doing really well in Sweden KUTGW icon14.gif

I notice in that screenie that Blomqvist gets award for top boss, just wondering is that Jesper Blomqvist and what club he is managing now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is indeed Jesper! I hadn't noticed!

Manager of Hacken

Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

That's pretty fast, I just started a new game yesterday icon_frown.gif. Could I continue playing that if I install the new patch. Or would I have to start over? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can continue playing that's fine. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

That's pretty fast, I just started a new game yesterday icon_frown.gif. Could I continue playing that if I install the new patch. Or would I have to start over? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can continue playing that's fine. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from player transfers, i think most of the fizes happen in a save game too. that was the case with 8.0.1 - I see no reason why it wouldn't occur with 0.2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

You can continue playing that's fine. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Great, thought it might not be possible because of the january transfer window update.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Nice work Annihilator ... good season there. I wish the N. Irish prize money was a bit more. If I don't get into the CL Group stage in the next 2 seasons, i'm going to be in financial trouble icon_frown.gif

Yea, the N.Irish prize money is a joke, but that's the way it is in real life. Hopefully the All-Ireland league they're talking about comes into place in a couple of years, it would really help the overall standard of football, and increase the money involved.

Just sold 2 of my great players for a combined £4,500,000. a DC and AMC are gone, but I needed the money, they didn't want new contracts and were both in the final year at the club. Good business if you ask me icon_wink.gif

In replacement, My scout found 2 21 year old 7* rated Swedish players, a DM who has potential to be a great DC, and an MC who could easily be a good winger, but he's ample replacement for the departure of the AMC icon14.gif

Haven't yet installed the patch, as they dont have a mirror for the mac yet icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by 442to445:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Haven't yet installed the patch, as they dont have a mirror for the mac yet icon_frown.gif

Um, I torrented it from the offical link above (or in GQ anyway) and my Macbook thinks it's lovely.

Torrent it NepentheZ :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The torrent keeps crashing my computer and internet at the same time. I've tried it abou 10 times, with the same result each time. Others are also having the same problem as me too.

Well websites taking alot longer than i had hoped icon_frown.gif, my mate is struggling for time to help with serious coding so haven't gotten much done in the way of changing it, hoping to get it done soon, but with me being snowed under with work and him busy at weekends its hard to find a good time to do it icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Um, I torrented it from the offical link above (or in GQ anyway) and my Macbook thinks it's lovely.

Torrent it NepentheZ :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The torrent keeps crashing my computer and internet at the same time. I've tried it abou 10 times, with the same result each time. Others are also having the same problem as me too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Somebody pick a league for me, making at the list makes my brain hurt icon_mad.gif

Austria! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't listen to him, go for N. Ireland.! icon14.gif

Right, the definitive try, I either win everything, or I fail spectacularly and leave this thread in utter disgrace.

Moving Pictures

Knockbreda was the alternative, but I couldn't do them the justice of NepentheZ

Good luck buddy.! I'm not doing that great, btw. Annihilator won the CL with them back in FM07 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you've mixed me up with someone else, I didn't do this challenge on FM07. icon_razz.gif

Annihilator666 - SC YF Juventus - Season 11/12 - Swiss Challenge League

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Aleksandar Prijovic

Fans' Player of the Year - Mato Maric

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

A slight improvement this season, finishing two places higher in fourth, and with three more points. However, I was still no where near catching the top two teams, which is a bit disheartening.

In the cup, I was knocked out in the second round away from home against a Super League team. The board, of course, were very disappointed. icon_rolleyes.gif

The Board, Finances, etc.:

With the end of season prize money of £650k, my finances are up over £1.6mil. The board agreed to upgrade the training facilities, but not the youth setup. Still no need for a stadium upgrade, as my average attendance was practically the same as last season (600).

My top scorer this season was a loanee, who was incredible. My top scorer from the past three seasons, Mato Maric, could only manage 13.

Meldert, Belgium - March 8th 2028

Champions League First Knockout Round:

Meldert - Liverpool: 1-1

A match that was of a very high defensive standard, on both sides. Both goals came from quality through balls.

Liverpool felt like the slightly more dangerous team in their actions, if not their actual chances, but a draw was a fair result here.

Liverpool - Meldert: 2-0

Blah, an early spot kick and a not-much-later close range own goal decided the match. Our defense recovered well after that, but our offense never really got going. We had a few good chances, but not nearly enough to put Liverpool in trouble.

I was hoping for more of a "match" in the second leg, but overall I can't be very disappointed. When we were drawn against Liverpool, I knew it would be a tough task.

Liverpool has won the Champions League 4 times since the start of the game, and were runners-up twice more. And although it's been ten years since they last won it, they always survived the group stage since. The one time that they started in the UEFA Cup, they won that one as well.

In short, we were always up against it, and would have needed a little bit more luck to go through to the next round.

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Right, the definitive try, I either win everything, or I fail spectacularly and leave this thread in utter disgrace.

Moving Pictures

Knockbreda was the alternative, but I couldn't do them the justice of NepentheZ

Good luck buddy.! I'm not doing that great, btw. Annihilator won the CL with them back in FM07 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you've mixed me up with someone else, I didn't do this challenge on FM07. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. All this time, I was under the impression it was you icon_confused.gif

Also, congrats on 4th spot. Hopefully next season will be promotion for you icon14.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

God I hate GQ. What an utter cesspit.

Seeing as some of the more annoying bugs in my Magni game weren't sorted out by the new patch, I'll probably start a new game. Might do some kind of a round up of the 10000 days I spent in Iceland.

GQ has its moments, but when the initial furore about the patch dies down, (probably mid next week) - the forum becomes a nicer place again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by endtime:

Seeing as some of the more annoying bugs in my Magni game weren't sorted out by the new patch, I'll probably start a new game. Might do some kind of a round up of the 10000 days I spent in Iceland.

GQ has its moments, but when the initial furore about the patch dies down, (probably mid next week) - the forum becomes a nicer place again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i find it infuriating too. all the talk over this tiny problem with the game, or with this, or this player isn't in the game any more... get over it!! i reckon NO computer game is perfect. most console games have a few graphic glitches at least every now and again...

stop b*tching and play the game!! if you don't like it, go buy championship manager!! then you'll realise how good football manager actually is, despite the odd little 'blip'.

rant over!! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by endtime:

GQ has its moments, but when the initial furore about the patch dies down, (probably mid next week) - the forum becomes a nicer place again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i find it infuriating too. all the talk over this tiny problem with the game, or with this, or this player isn't in the game any more... get over it!! i reckon NO computer game is perfect. most console games have a few graphic glitches at least every now and again...

stop b*tching and play the game!! if you don't like it, go buy championship manager!! then you'll realise how good football manager actually is, despite the odd little 'blip'.

rant over!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing that gets me most, is the fact they are so angry at SI for needing to release patches, but when they are at home playing the PS3/X-Box and the game gets an "update" they see nothing wrong with it. Updating GoW or Sains Row ro Fifa08 for the X-Box is just the same as patching FM08..!! but they don't see it that way. They think SI is the only game that releases with bugs. It really pi$$es me off.

I'll lay off the subject in here though, this thread is far too good to have GQ debates thrown around it.

Originally posted by McNeil:

Well websites taking alot longer than i had hoped icon_frown.gif, my mate is struggling for time to help with serious coding so haven't gotten much done in the way of changing it, hoping to get it done soon, but with me being snowed under with work and him busy at weekends its hard to find a good time to do it icon_frown.gif

Keep us all posted McNeil. icon14.gif

saab693 - FC Jarfalla - Season 2013 - Swedish First Division Elite

I hope Annihilator doesn't mind me copying his format for reports, I just find it the best way to get everything across

Table - League Table Positions Graph

Player stats

Results - Results

Transfers - Transfer Summary

Finances - Finances

Other Info - Club Information Manager Information

Top Scorer - Jimmy Johansen

Fan's Player Of The Year - Johannes Thor

Records - Team Records

Best Eleven - Season

Overall

Overall, I really loved this season! We scored silly amounts of goals, conceded loads to make it interesting and overachieved by finishing 5th in our first attempt at the division. I suppose we should really be looking to try and get promoted next time, but I'm concerned because this year we secured three excellent loan players who I've not been able to keep or replace. I'll keep sending the scouts out but without them I don't think we'll be a better team than we were this season. However, there's still loads to be positive about and if its not this season, then I can def see us going up in the next few years which would be brilliant!

Thanks for anyone reading and everyone KUTGW!! I think Dafuge's challenge has a rival icon_wink.gif

Was really hoping to get started on this during half term with the new patch, but the Defoe problem is putting me off as a Pompey fan. Has anyone that has already started noticed this having an effect to Portsmouth when they are in a non active league?

Would an edited database with the SI recommended 'Defoe fix' be allowed?

Archived