Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Just made my record transfer.

Saarelma has been a good player, but during the offseason I signed a replacement for him. 20 000 € is a nice money when the board gives me a transfer budget of 0 €.

I'm preparing for the second season. Since the break is 6 months I've scheduled lot of friendlies to generate income. Some Danish and Norwegian teams accepted friendlies. The ticket income is good money for team like me.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bardh Shala has become Orn Hortens record goalscorer. His 131 league goals have beaten the previous record holder Muhammed Idris.

This is Bhardh Shala's 4th season on loan to me from Valerenga.

Great way to get the record with a 85th minute 1v0 victory in 1st game of the season. I has missed 26 other chances and was fearing it was "one of those games".

This is interesting...

I applied for a feeder club, I have 3 Finnish feeders already so now I got to choose from 3 Swedish teams and 1 Norwegian team.

I choose the cheapest Swedish team, Umedalen. They don't have any staff or players, but I expected to gain perfect knowledge of Sweden.

Instead, they know more about Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Sierra Leone than Sweden.

Kind of strange. Well, my current scouting knowledge is still good for a First Division team.

Love this. Great result from Viking 2 aswel, who where underdogs and went on the defensive the whole game. That result pushed us further ahead at the top, good old Stavanger. icon14.gif We have Sandnes at home in two games time, homework done just need to get the job done now. icon_biggrin.gif

Just beat Bryne 6v5 away from home. I went 5v4 up in 82 minute. They made it 5v5 in 91 minute then I scored the winner in the 94th minute.

Unbeleivable.

P4 W4 in the league this year. Loving it. Still only 4th though.

Played the reserves in Cup and through to second round as well.

Just beat Bryne 6v5 away from home. I went 5v4 up in 82 minute. They made it 5v5 in 91 minute then I scored the winner in the 94th minute.

Unbeleivable.

P4 W4 in the league this year. Loving it. Still only 4th though.

Played the reserves in Cup and through to second round as well.

Bad luck in the cup final.

The Norwegian cup has a very high status in Norway, compared to other countries. So it is a big happening that sunday in November when it is cup final.

Hope you will continue the good form and fight for promotion.

It is very important that you beat Moss, who is Ørns rivals just short ferry trip across the fjord. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

Love this. Great result from Viking 2 aswel, who where underdogs and went on the defensive the whole game. That result pushed us further ahead at the top, good old Stavanger. icon14.gif We have Sandnes at home in two games time, homework done just need to get the job done now. icon_biggrin.gif

I got a brilliant one of those the other day. I have a screen shot at home but it was along the lines of :

Cates Spotted at White Hart Lane

FK Raca boss Tom Cates was spotted at Tottenham’s 3-2 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League Knockout stage.

Cates is known to be a huge Tottenham fan and tries to take time out of his busy schedule to follow the team icon_biggrin.gif

When I get home I have a essay I really need to do but reading this thread has giving me a desire to keep playing. I have 8 games left, I’m 8th, but my form is bad and 11th (the last relegation spot) has cut the gap to me down to 5 points. It’s a 4-way battle for survival (bottom are dead and buried).

Livadia Belarus First League 2010

Finished my third season and for the third season in a row i have finished 11th and gone out of the cup in the 1st rnd. Maxim Tsigalko finished my top scorer with 15 goals in 20 games although he has since left the club after my chairman decided a bid of £200k was too good to refuse. Gutted!!!

Belarusian First League

Maxim Tsigalko

I have decided to take another shot at this challenge...

Here is a brief history:

FM07: Started as a coach of Metalac (Croatia) and managed to complete the challenge, narrowly beating Arsenal in the CL final 2-1

FM08 - Take 1: Took charge once again in Croatia, this time with Karlovac. We got promoted to the first division and eventually managed to get a spot in the UEFA cup. Then, savegame corrupted. icon_frown.gif

FM08 - Take 2: Jumped ships to Norway, to manage FK Vigor. Upon promotion to the First Division, our board decided to build a 4500 seat extension to our stadium. To do that, they contracted a £4.4M loan, which they refinanced only to £4.1M, leaving me £300K in the red. They then started complaining about my lack of care for the bank balance and whatnot. When 8.0.2 was released, I noted that this was a bug in 8.0.1, so I decided to end that game there. Combined to the fact that it wasn't fun anmymore, it wasn't a tough decision to make

FM08 - Take 3: So I'm back, with a vengeance. This time, I'm back to my beloved Croatia, managing Lokomotiva, a small Zagreb club. I have already one season completed on which I will report soon.

Some background - Directly from Wikipedia

NK Lokomotiva Zagreb is a Croatian football club based in the city of Zagreb.

Founded in 1914, the club managed their best league result in 1952, finishing third in the Yugoslav First League. They were relegated from the First League in the summer of 1957 and never returned to the top flight again.

Lokomotiva is now playing in the Western Division of the Croatian Third League. The club is nowadays generally considered Dinamo Zagreb's reserve team, with many of Dinamo's young players playing there to gain experience before being promoted to the first team. Note: There is no resevre league in Croatia and there exists no official link between Dinamo and Lokomotiva at the start of the game.

Originally posted by Konquest:

I have decided to take another shot at this challenge...

Here is a brief history:

FM07: Started as a coach of Metalac (Croatia) and managed to complete the challenge, narrowly beating Arsenal in the CL final 2-1

FM08 - Take 1: Took charge once again in Croatia, this time with Karlovac. We got promoted to the first division and eventually managed to get a spot in the UEFA cup. Then, savegame corrupted. icon_frown.gif

FM08 - Take 2: Jumped ships to Norway, to manage FK Vigor. Upon promotion to the First Division, our board decided to build a 4500 seat extension to our stadium. To do that, they contracted a £4.4M loan, which they refinanced only to £4.1M, leaving me £300K in the red. They then started complaining about my lack of care for the bank balance and whatnot. When 8.0.2 was released, I noted that this was a bug in 8.0.1, so I decided to end that game there. Combined to the fact that it wasn't fun anmymore, it wasn't a tough decision to make

FM08 - Take 3: So I'm back, with a vengeance. This time, I'm back to my beloved Croatia, managing Lokomotiva, a small Zagreb club. I have already one season completed on which I will report soon.

Some background - Directly from Wikipedia

NK Lokomotiva Zagreb is a Croatian football club based in the city of Zagreb.

Founded in 1914, the club managed their best league result in 1952, finishing third in the Yugoslav First League. They were relegated from the First League in the summer of 1957 and never returned to the top flight again.

Lokomotiva is now playing in the Western Division of the Croatian Third League. The club is nowadays generally considered Dinamo Zagreb's reserve team, with many of Dinamo's young players playing there to gain experience before being promoted to the first team. Note: There is no resevre league in Croatia and there exists no official link between Dinamo and Lokomotiva at the start of the game.

How did I know you'd pick a Croatian club? icon_biggrin.gif Back to your FM home then eh Konquest. icon_wink.gif

Konquest best of luck mate, always nice to see someone who's completed this before!

Just had a nice 3-1 away win to start the season which was cheered me up no end after the playoff match disaster! Onwards and upwards!

Randaberg IL 2009 Norwegian Second divisjon Group.3

Second divisjon Grp.3 - Champions!

Norwegian Cup - First round.

After our 3rd place finish last season the pressure was always going to be on this term, that is once the new Board announced they expected promotion. I added one or two fresh faces and built on the foundations that where laid the previous season. The defence looked solid and had did well in the 2008 season so that didn't really need whole scale changes and with Stian up front now for a full season, I was quietly confident. icon_biggrin.gif

Promotion was achieved with a couple of games to spare and the only pressure I came under all season was from Sandnes Ulf who briefly came close until they dropped away tamely. I think the impressive thing about my time at Randaberg in terms of squad management is the fact that I have yet to loan one single player in! icon_eek.gif I have not at a Parent club in that time aswel.

Stian Ringstad lived up to expectations and more. Him and Moreton Granum had fantastic seasons. Granum in particular scored several times from set pieces and was something of a creative spark for us, albeit from the right wing. Ringstad was by no means living in his shadows though and he etched his own headlines by becoming the leagues top scorer with 18 goals, he also got international call ups from the Norwegian under 19's. icon14.gif

During the season I didn't make many signings as I was confident with what I had. I have though strengthened the long term future of the club with several fantastic prospects before and after the season, the names of most I'll keep under my hat for the time being icon_biggrin.gif . A player I did sign at the seasons end was Per Cristian Myhre (my favourite player on FM in recent years, lets hope he becomes as good as last time). icon_smile.gif

Except for the first round NM cup exit I'm more than happy with the season.

So for our forthcoming 1.divisjon campaign then... Well I've signed a new two year contract, to which end the fans where delighted. The youngsters will progress and play a pivotal role in Randabergs season now and the Board want a survival in the 1.divisjon by the end of a four year plan, so time is on my side aswel as their patients hopefully. icon_smile.gif

The other team has gone 9 games without scoring a goal. I'm 15 games without losing. The result? 1-0 for them. Shots 16-6 to me, corners 6-1 to me etc. That really dented my promotion hopes, one game to play and I'm one point behind the playoff spot now.

ah beaten 4-1 by the newly relegated side! I'm genuinely not convinced that the gap between second and first division is attainable! They've won all 3 of their games so far, 16 scored, 1 conceded! And they were by far and away the worst side in the top flight last year!

Another season over. Again the progress was quite steady, a loss in the second last game dropped me out of playoffs.

The final standings looked like this.

Notice that there's 4 teams relegated. That's because HJK got relegated from the Premier Division, so Klubi-04, their farm club, had to be relegated as well. I'm glad that it was implemented to the game.

This is the Finnish club finances table. The most valuable club, HJK, and the poorest club, me, will both play in the First Division next season. I'm going to beat them too.

My strikers were good again, two players in top-7.

I made a nice profit due to friendlies and player sales, here's the summary of my season.

Goals for next season:

- increase bankroll

- increase squad size, now I've had few worthless regens on the bench for most of the games

- gain promotion

I have my starting XI signed for the next year, so few key signings during the off season should do it. Currently 8 players over the age of 20 on the squad, but 2 of them will be gone before next season if everything works out.

UGS - Challenge League - 14/15

Table at Winter Break

The hope was, that with a relatively easy run-in, to maybe hit the top 10.

The reality was 12 games, 8 points, and very lucky to finish even as high as 13th. Embarrassingly bad. One point worse than our first ever season in the division. Hardly progress icon_rolleyes.gif. As this graph shows, it is where we were all season.

You will have noted that Lugano went up, first time ever that a non-relegated team finished in the top 2, let alone actually won the title. In our 4th-to-last game we actually somehow managed a 4-4 draw at their place, we were 4-2 up with 5 minutes to go, without those 2 goals they'd still be in the division (doubt they'd have won the play-off, Schaffhausen didn't).

Final Squad

Final Summary

Our goalkeepers were awful

Our defence was woeful

Our midfield was dreadful

Stefan Glarner was bemusingly quite good

Cristoforo Cortesi is awesome

Franz Sutter is awesome

There will be a clearout in the summer. I want a new GK, a new central defence and a new central midfield. In fact, I'd say the only players who have a good chance of starting the first game next season are Cortesi, Sutter, one of the DLs and one of the MLs. As for the others, hopefully most will leave...

Also, tactics are gonna change, thinking of going back to 2 upfront, not too sure what to do with Cortesi though as he thrives at AMC.

14/15 Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven - deservedly in come Sutter after just 2 seasons along with Guichard who has been on loan here for 4 years, doubt he will be back next year.

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

12/13 - Challenge League - 11th

13/14 - Challenge League - 9th

14/15 - Challenge League - 13th

How did I know you'd pick a Croatian club? icon_biggrin.gif Back to your FM home then eh Konquest. icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Actually, I started picking Croatian Clubs after going on vacation there in the summer of 2006. Actually fell in love with the country and given the opportunity, I'd go back tomorrow morning...!

Konquest best of luck mate, always nice to see someone who's completed this before!

Thanks... Actually that recap was just for boasting...! icon_biggrin.gif While many of you guys are much better than me, it's an achievement that I'm quite proud of. This year's challenge seems harder than last year's though...

FK Raca - Slovak Second Division 08/09

Table

My prediction for a 4 way survival battle was wrong as Vranov fell away. I could have finished higher but this the place I wanted to be at the end of the season so I'm not bothered.

Slovak FA Cup - Went out in the first round to Prievidza

Squad

Transfers

Final Squad

Best IX

As i forgot to get a screen shot of my squad before the reset the best IX shows the movers and shakers in the team. I basically built the squad from scratch, with the exception of Kucuak , Karas , and Ilko who were youth players at the squad and are quite handy. Kucuak was voted fans player of the season.

Finances

A loss of 666 was disappointing but I'm hoping that by improving my results will get bums on seats (or feet on terraces), and help me make a profit. Any profit will be small but i think stability is important.

Staff

I finally got a physio - Jaroslav Karas. hes not great but will do. He joined Jozef Moder (Assistant Manager) and Robert Galik (Scout) on the payrole.

New Season Aim

I'm hoping to lower the average of the squad (currently 31) and bring in better players. In the league I'm looking at mid table, and maybe a better crack at the cup (I have been drawn against a newly promoted side). Oh and a new contract would be handy.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2031/32 (Season 24) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - Group Stage \0/

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Winner

N. Irish Premier Division - Table | Graph

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (30th) | Knockbreda (159th)

Awards -

Andrew Smylie - Golden Boot 3rd place.

Andrew Smylie - N. Irish Player of the Year

Andrew Smylie - Player of the Year

Andrew Smylie - Top League Goal Scorer (48 Goals)

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Other Info -

Champions League Group Stage

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Team Info

Squad Stats, Season

Players of the Season

Andrew Smylie - Probably the best regen i've ever had. Through my youth ranks, he became an instant first team after Wallace's retirement. 85 Goals scored in his first season. Looks a great prospect.

Peter Bohm - Despite being injured for the first 6 months, he still showed his skill towards the end of the season. Can play Def or Mid, and is very very good. His 4th season with Knockers, and despite not scoring a goal all year, finished with 18 assists in 31 games.

Simon Robinson - Signed as a replacement for Wallace at the start of the season from motherwell, in a £160,000 deal. A great return of 56 goals, in 36 games.

One to watch

Graham Downey - Not AS good as Smylie, but great pace for a 16 year old, and some vital technical attributes. scored 19 goals in his 15 starts.

Season Summary

Made strides this season. Dominated on the domestic front again, also taking home the All Ireland Cup. Got my first Champs League Group Stage win, and was unlucky to finish bottom, in what was a difficult group. I've got some great youth players now, and a lot of players interested in me. Also, my current team doesn't seem interested in leaving anymore.! icon_biggrin.gif

History

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 23 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 24 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 20

Club Co-Efficient, 159th

Nation Co-Efficient, 30th

Season 2014 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish Premier Division

Wow, we can actually score against anyone, even 2 or 3 goals against the very best teams in Allsvenskan. On the other hand, we can't help but let at least the same amount in. If the scouts can just locate a better defender or two for next season, I think we can be pretty competitive.

League Table

Past Positions

Didn't end on a bright note, as per my usual trend, but I'm satisfied with staying up. We had a small hand in the title challenge by denying Elfsborg a win home at Hammarby IP in the last game of the season, thus not collecting the points they needed to pass IFK Göteborg (who've now won Allsvenskan four years in a row).

Squad

Transfers

Got some great bids that the chairman accepted, but also had a hard time replacing those key members of the squad. Could've done better in the league short-term saying no to this money, that's for sure.

Swedish Cup Final

A great game which we always controlled. Really pleased with this one. icon14.gif

Rookie of the Year Monopolization

I pretty much have a team full of ~20-year-olds with two 38-year-olds and one 40-year-old providing the experience, so to get a nomination or so was expected, but this caught me by surprise.

Manager of the Month

Wasn't expecting to grab any of these this season.

Club Coefficient: N/A

Nation Coefficient: 14.958

Domestic Titles: 0

Table | Past Positions

This year was very difficult early on. I couldn't cope with league and my tactics weren't particularly working. but once we settled in, we starting really dominating most of our opponents, but still, we weren't good enough to finish off and win the big games that we needed to be viable auto-promoted team. so we finished 3rd.

But we still had a chance to promote and we got Hammarby (surprisingly, they were last year's champions... they certainly were having hard time this year). In the first leg I thought i put away the competition but only if we could hang on for Leg 2 of the challenge. But early in the game (i8th minute) one of my crucial center halfs was out of the game injured. his replacement was a fringe player signed only as a cover up, this definitely hurt us as Hammarby not only come back to tie us (in the aggregate score) but surpassed by one goal. It was the most heart-breaking game I have played thus far. I was frustrated but I was not sad at all. I was promoted twice as champions when I knew I was ready to compete at a higher level. this time around, i was not ready what so ever for Allvansaken teams.... next season, I shall be ready for the challenge.

Squad | Aziz Corr Nyang

As far as the team, we were far superior. this year, unlike most years, I built the team gradually as the season went on. usually, i would build a squad and finishing building about the third game of the pre-season friendlies then I would stick to it and just plug holes later on. but this year, no one wanted to come to Gauthoid! :< I was left with a patchy team which was superior in one area and very inferior. I couldn't find players for DR and DM positions until the middle of the season... Even Aziz joined half way... and he still scored 25 goals...

This coming season, we will build up like no other team...

and yeah, as you can see, I made a Logo for IK Gauthoid... its not exactly there couse it had different versions... i made a close replica of what it looks like... I couldn't find a good Gauthoid logo anywhere and no kits anywhere in the internet.... but this team does exist somewhere in Sweden, they have a website too... i don't know Swedish though to understand anythings there. icon_biggrin.gif

LEVSKI 2006 in Bulgarian Group "A"

2009-2010

We ended the season in 5th place (however we still had a small chance of winning the title in the last couple of games), and as cup winners, however the team was about 400k in the red, after reward money was handed out. So to get out of the red, the chairman accepted 250k bids for my strongest MC and an up-and-coming striker who had just started being capped for the U-19's.

In other news my Ukranian Striker who was signed from Dynamo Kiev-3 at the beginning of the season got the Player of the Season award because of the number of time this guy bailed us out both in the league and thruout our cup run.

2010-2011

Since we won the cup last year, the team got a chance to kick some ass in the Euro cup (and make some money). We started Away at the Greek team Xanthi and scraped a 2-1 win, with my Ukrainian Striker pitching in with a pair of goals. Then at home, we went up 2-0, but Xanthi managed to claw themselves back in it by scoring 2 goals in the second half. As a result I didn't have any nails left. Anyways, we made some good money off that tie, but somehow we had gone in the red again with the finances.

Next, we drew Galatasaray, and one woulda thought we would be demolished. But, we somehow go up 3-0 at half-time, thanks to a pair of goals from the Ukrainian forward. Anyways, much to my dissappointment, we let in a 3rd goal in injury time and game ended 3-3. So now, on the return leg, I thought we were ****ed, but the boys came through again, we are tied 1-1 after about 70 minutes, but then we manage to snatch 2 quick goals and its over: we're in the group stages of the euro cup!

In the group stages we drew Sporting Lisbon, Espanyol, Rosenborg, and Celtic. We got hammered in all the games except the Rosenborg game where we won 2-0 at home. So, this was a great debut season in Europe, bringing in lots of cash, and fame to our players, including the Ukrainian Striker who refused a new contract with us, and instead accepted one from Shaktar Donetsk.

The season was a great success as well. We started off very inconsistently, beating the top teams, and losing to the strugglers at the bottom of the table. However, at the winter break we were in 1st. The second half of the season saw us start off winless in 3 games, which allowed for other teams to get back into the titles race, including Lokomotiv Plovdiv who would make the title race a thriller up till the very end. With one game left, we were 1 point up on Loko Plovdiv, and to top it all off, we faced these guys at home. I told the boys that there wasn't any pressure tonite, and at half time it was 1-1. At half-time I continued with the same talk: go out and enjoy the match. Big mistake. We started getting dominated and Loko Plovidv scored a goal in the 87th minute thru an own goal. So at this point I used my last sub and crossed my fingers. And in the 5th minute of injury time---- the Ukrainian striker scores from a header to tie the game and thus give us the title. Not a bad way to say good-bye, because at the end of this season he went to Shaktar Donetsk on a free.

The Cup was a bit less exciting, we demolished every team on our way to the final, including Belasitsa, who won the league last year, by a score of 3-0 away. Anyways, we faced the team we were named after: Levski Sofia, and lost 1-0 in a match where nobody could hit the net.

So, champions league next season, too bad we're gonna be facing much better competition in the qualifiers, but the money for winning is gonna be better so I'm gonna try and get as far as I can.

Randaberg IL 2009 Norwegian Second divisjon Group.3

Second divisjon Grp.3 - Champions!

Norwegian Cup - First round.

After our 3rd place finish last season the pressure was always going to be on this term, that is once the new Board announced they expected promotion. I added one or two fresh faces and built on the foundations that where laid the previous season. The defence looked solid and had did well in the 2008 season so that didn't really need whole scale changes and with Stian up front now for a full season, I was quietly confident. icon_biggrin.gif

Promotion was achieved with a couple of games to spare and the only pressure I came under all season was from Sandnes Ulf who briefly came close until they dropped away tamely. I think the impressive thing about my time at Randaberg in terms of squad management is the fact that I have yet to loan one single player in! icon_eek.gif I have not at a Parent club in that time aswel.

Stian Ringstad lived up to expectations and more. Him and Moreton Granum had fantastic seasons. Granum in particular scored several times from set pieces and was something of a creative spark for us, albeit from the right wing. Ringstad was by no means living in his shadows though and he etched his own headlines by becoming the leagues top scorer with 18 goals, he also got international call ups from the Norwegian under 19's. icon14.gif

During the season I didn't make many signings as I was confident with what I had. I have though strengthened the long term future of the club with several fantastic prospects before and after the season, the names of most I'll keep under my hat for the time being icon_biggrin.gif . A player I did sign at the seasons end was Per Cristian Myhre (my favourite player on FM in recent years, lets hope he becomes as good as last time). icon_smile.gif

Except for the first round NM cup exit I'm more than happy with the season.

So for our forthcoming 1.divisjon campaign then... Well I've signed a new two year contract, to which end the fans where delighted. The youngsters will progress and play a pivotal role in Randabergs season now and the Board want a survival in the 1.divisjon by the end of a four year plan, so time is on my side aswel as their patients hopefully. icon_smile.gif

Well done Gundo. Prepare yourself for a hard slog inthe First Division.

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Well done Gundo. Prepare yourself for a hard slog in the First Division.

I know it won't be easy for sure, looking forward to it though. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jameslowe:

4 games to go 2 points off top with same games played and I play top of the league in the next game. PRESSURE.

Good luck! icon14.gif

When you got promoted to the 1.divisjon did you get a ground expansion? The reason I'm asking is our Board has just announced we are getting 3,000 added to the current 1,000 capacity at a cost of 4.6 million. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

4 games to go 2 points off top with same games played and I play top of the league in the next game. PRESSURE.

Good luck! icon14.gif

When you got promoted to the 1.divisjon did you get a ground expansion? The reason I'm asking is our Board has just announced we are getting 3,000 added to the current 1,000 capacity at a cost of 4.6 million. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's gonna hit the bank balance hard!! didn't something like that happen on your first attempt too??

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

Good luck! icon14.gif

When you got promoted to the 1.divisjon did you get a ground expansion? The reason I'm asking is our Board has just announced we are getting 3,000 added to the current 1,000 capacity at a cost of 4.6 million. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's gonna hit the bank balance hard!! didn't something like that happen on your first attempt too?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it did, just hope the debt disappears at the same rate it arrived at?

A frustrating season is over. HJK absolutely destroyed the other teams. They broke all the First division records for team & individual players. I lost 9-2 to them. Nothing to be happy about in my team, too many times the other team scored a late equalizer.

Promotion is another year away. Jaro played well too, but lost in the playoffs. I just have to improve the squad and hope we'll do better next year. I need a defender or two, and maybe one striker.

I've been attempting this challenge in Greece but haven't updated on here for a while.

However i've put that game on hold and started a new game in sunny Serbia! I'm the new manager of Obilic Belgrade. They're a club with a bit of history, being the only club besides Partizan and Red Star to have won the top league since Yugoslavia split. They played in the Champions League qualifying stage but were beaten by Bayern Munich.

Hopefully i can repeat that feat, but go one better and win the thing!

Well, amazingly Hetman will be playing their 2nd UEFA Cup final in 3 seasons. Another magical run has seen us dispatch Leverkusen, Real Sociedad, Olympiakos and finally, Anderlecht en route to the final at New Anfield, where we will oppose Tottenham Hotspur. Astute readers will note we faced off against Spurs several years back in the group stage, nicking a draw at OSiR, and getting beaten at White Hart Lane.

Spurs look old, so I would say I'm in with a chance. Unfortunately my first choice keeper, Konate got injured in the second leg vs Anderlecht and is out for a month, so if I'm to hoist the UEFA Cup, it will be with my backup.

Originally posted by pjtopor:

Well, amazingly Hetman will be playing their 2nd UEFA Cup final in 3 seasons. Another magical run has seen us dispatch Leverkusen, Real Sociedad, Olympiakos and finally, Anderlecht en route to the final at New Anfield, where we will oppose Tottenham Hotspur. Astute readers will note we faced off against Spurs several years back in the group stage, nicking a draw at OSiR, and getting beaten at White Hart Lane.

Spurs look old, so I would say I'm in with a chance. Unfortunately my first choice keeper, Konate got injured in the second leg vs Anderlecht and is out for a month, so if I'm to hoist the UEFA Cup, it will be with my backup.

That's an impressive run to the final, good luck. icon14.gif

The weird part is that 1. I had to sell 2 key players in the Jan/Feb window and 2. Only Leverkusen was even close, the others were pretty much Hetman dominance. I think I'm at that small window where the initial batch of players are very old and still at all the top clubs, so only the very best clubs can still compete with their over the hill stars. In a year or two, they'll be playing star regens finally, and I'll need to really improve the club to compete.

Last game of the season. Playing against 3rd place Istra 1961. Distant 3rd, but a strong team nevertheless.

Tied for first place (actually, I'm second because I lost my games against Sesvete, who are ahead of me).

U19 Euro Quals teams are announced.

8 of my players will be away on international duty. 4 starting outfielders and my 3 goalkeepers.

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Konquest:

Will go against Hajduk in the playoff final... icon_frown.gif

My players are back and I'll try to get an upset...

That doesn't look an easy game against Hajduk.

Yes!!!

Scraped an overtime win at home!

I would have lost 2-1 in regular time, but we went to overtime, being tied 4-4 on aggregate. A fine goal from Drazen Jurcic at the 105th minute gave us the win! icon_biggrin.gif

Full report of my first 2 seasons coming tonight!

Archived