Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2016 / 2017 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st Winners!

Champions League – 3rd Qualifying Round – Lost 5-2 on agg to Celtic

UEFA Cup – 1st round – Lost 7-3 on agg to Spartak Moscow

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Glentoran 3-2 on penalties after a 1-1 draw

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Donegal Celtic 8-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Glentoran 4-3

All Ireland Cup – Finished 3rd in Group A

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfer Summary

Staff Transfer Summary

Top Scorer

Our European adventure began with a visit from Shakhter Soligorsk of Belarus, a comfortable 5-2 victory set us up well for the away leg where we won 4-0 to put us through to the 2nd round 9-2 on agg. We’d been drawn with Mlada Boleslav of the Czech Republic, another high scoring game ended 3-3 with me thinking that was the end of another European campaign. A fantastic 4-0 away win secured a 7-3 agg victory and a 3rd round tie against Celtic.

Again we played the home leg first and we were totally outclassed, eventually losing 4-1. Our away form indicated that we’d pick up a 4-0 win in the 2nd leg but I wasn’t overly confident that we’d be able to repeat that this time. We battled to a 1-1 draw and went into the UEFA Cup first round on the back of a 5-2 agg defeat.

The draw for the UEFA Cup saw us pitted against Spartak Moscow. As seems to be the trend we’re drawn at home for the first leg and we fight hard to get a result be end up on the wrong end of a 3-2 defeat. With a close score I thought that we might be able to sneak a win in Moscow to get us through to the group stage of a European competition for the very first time, but Spartak had other ideas, winning comfortably 4-1 to take their place in the group stage.

The League Cup group stage was once again an easy affair as we finished top with 5 wins and 1 draw. We were given a quarter final tie with Glentoran who were easily dispatched 4-0 to set up a semi final with Larne. A 2-0 victory put us into our 5th consecutive final to face Donegal Celtic and a record 8-0 win secured us the trophy again.

Our defence of the Antrim cup began with a match against Ballymena United and a huge 8-2 victory followed. An easy quarter final draw against QUB resulted in a 5-0 victory to give us a semi with Linfield. An easy 2-0 sends us into another final to face Glentoran. We went in at half time losing 3-0 and with me thinking that we’d no way back into the match but a battling second half saw us draw level with only a few minutes remaining and an injury time penalty calmly slotted home by Williams allowed us to secure the trophy by a score of 4-3.

We carried our form from Europe and the League cup into the start of the league season and were comfortably winning games. We hit top spot after 8 games and that’s where we stayed for the remainder of the season. Another huge goal scoring season – 92 the final league total. Our 6th consecutive title was secure at home on match day 25. It was then we lost a 33 game win streak after a 2-2 home draw with Limavady, we turned things right around in the next game with a 3-0 away win at Linfield to put us back on the right track and we maintained our form for another unbeaten season – our third in a row.

The Northern Irish cup was a straightforward affair, wins over Larne, Portadown and Limavady United gave us a Semi final with Ballymena United. They were easily dispatched 2-0 sending us into the finalt to face the old enemy Glentoran. We took a very depleated side into the final having lost 4 players to injuries in the final league game, so with a make shift midfield in place off we went. We battled through to a 1-1 score line at half time and that’s the way it stayed for the second half and also extra time. A tense penalty shootout saw us triumph 3-2.

This was an amazing season for both Williams (66 Goals & 18 Assists) and Svoboda (72 Goals & 23 Assists) as they led the way in a season where we scored 197 goals across all competitions. When called upon Blackwell (17 Goals) still showed that he should be considered for a first team place. This year’s midfield was driven by Thomas (10 Goals & 23 Assists), Redmond (25 Assists), Trojan (12 Assists), Tetteh (12 Assists) and Martin (11 Assists). This year saw my players take the top 2 players in both the Player of the Year and the Young Player of the Year.

Our second trip to Europe as a professional side was by far our best yet making the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League where we weren’t demolished in the same fashion as when we played Porto in 2013. I’ll be hoping for a favourable draw next season to try and sneak us into the group stage.

At the start of the season, I managed to secure myself a new 5 year contract.

What was meant to be the final match at The Hill, but looks like we’ll be starting the new season there after building delays. Still, another Facilities upgrade has softened the blow a little bit.

Aim for next year is to try and repeat this season’s European performances and make one of the first proper rounds, if not a group stage.

Gundo – For your table – 6 Domestic Titles

Coefficients

Club – 0.935 – 486th (Up 10 Places)

Country – 1.333 – 43rd

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Bulle - Swiss Super League 2019/20

Of this season's transfers, Laurentiu Budean was the star transfer going on to win Champions League Player of the Year and the Super League Foreign Player of the year in his first season. The other exciting player was an unattached newgen I picked up a couple of seasons ago on a free. My coaches and scouts are raving about David Ehouman and I introduced him to first team action after a very good season on loan last year. Capped once for Switzerland already, he looks like being a star if I can only hold onto him. My academy also produced our first international when Karsten Eichmann picked up a cap as a sub during Euro 2020.

The significant exit his season was Swiss Player of the Season, Valdeci Andrade Silva who whinged his way to a sale to Auxerre for 5M up front and 5M if he ever makes an international appearance.

Transfers are more of a struggle now as my scouts are not reporting on anyone who can move us on a level. They're 7 star rating of Ehouman tells me the 4 star players they usally find are not going to elevate the squad quality to the required level. Time for new scouts I think.

Europe - Champions League

Third Qualifying Round

We entered at the 3rd Qualifying round this year where we were paired with IFK Göteborg. A close first leg at home and a hammering in the away leg and we were in the Group Stage again.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Bulle 2-1 IFK Göteborg

IFK Göteborg 0-4 Bulle

</pre>

Champions League Group Stage

We were seeded 3rd for the draw and when the group was drawn the only team I really feared were Barcelona. A 0-0 draw away to Barcelona in the first game was a good start and we kicked on from there with a 3-0 home win over Zilina and a 3-1 away win at Fiorentina. Going into the 4th game we had 7pts, Fiorentina had 1pt and a 6-2 drubbing later we had qualified with 2 games to spare. 2 draws to conclude meant we finished 2nd but it was much more convincing than last year.

Barcelona 0-0 Bulle

Bulle 3-0 Zilina

Fiorentina 1-3 Bulle

Bulle 6-2 Fiorentina

Bulle 1-1 Barcelona

Zilina 1-1 Bulle

</pre>

Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd

The draw pitted us against Liverpool. As ever the fans were pessimistic. We held a single goal lead after a 7 goal thriller in the first leg at home. The away leg was to be my 500th game in charge and the boys helped me celebrate by winning 2-1.

Bulle 4-3 Liverpool

Liverpool 1-2 Bulle

</pre>

Champions League Quarter Final

In the quarters we got Barcelona. We'd done ok against them in the group so it was going to be close. A late equalizer in the first leg at the Bulle Stadium meant a repeat of the group game 1-1 scoreline and we went to the Nou Camp needing to score. We didn't turn up in the first half and scrambled to the break just 1 goal down. A sharp bollocking of the team later and we were much better in the second half, dominating play. An 83rd minute equalizer and we were into extra-time. We went ahead in the 98th and although they pegged us back in the 100th minute we now led on away goals. 20 minutes later and with no more scoring we were through.

Bulle 1-1 Barcelona

Barcelona 2-2 Bulle

</pre>

Champions League Semi Final

Next up were Juventus. A goal-fest in the first leg ended 4-4. We'd again need away goals to go through. We gave it a bash but it wasn't to be. This season we're only in Europe's top 4.

Bulle 4-4 Juventus

Juventus 1-0 Bulle

</pre>

In the final Chelsea were again crowned champions of Europe, beating Juve 1-0 in the final. We continue our rise up the rankings, breaking the top 30 and hauling Switzerland into the top 10 as we go.

European Co-efficients

FC Bulle - 68.754 (29th up from 63rd)

Switzerland - 33.542 (10th up from 14th)

Switzerland

Our first unbeaten season domestically. We won the league by 26 points as the rest of the league had very average seasons. A 6-0 thrashing of Young Boys in the Swiss Cup final completed our second domestic double. The Team of the Season again showed our dominance.

In other news the board, despite telling me all season they didn't feel it was necessary, decided to expand the stadium . Our 5th league win also meant I am now top of the Swiss Hall of Fame .

Best 11

Torbjorn Larsson and Atkas Ibrahim were also inducted to the Bulle All Time Best 11

FC Bulle Trophy Room

Swiss Champions x 5 - 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/2019, 2019/2020

Swiss Cup x 2 - 2017/18, 2019/2020

Spartak Subotica 2015/16

We're a pretty rich club and theres lots of talent in the Balkans so I'm really trying to get a lot of local players in, I splashed about plenty of cash on Bogdan Milojevic, Marko Nikolic and Ivan Tatomirovic, £4M in total. We played well all season and Brazilian star Luiz "Thunderbolt" Carlos earned a nickname for scoring goals like this regularly, wrapping around the ball beautifully with his left foot and smashing it past the keeper before he has a chance to move. This lead to an emphatic 4-0 win over Partizan in the cup final. With three games to go we were 4 points behind Red Star, thankfully they lost to relegation battlers Mladost (thanks to 2 goals from Subotica native and former star Amir Memisevic) and a draw to Vozdovac. We won our games and so are champions for the first time, well done to the boys.

Due to the coefficients being reset after the bug we were only in UEFA Cup this season and had to play it all the way through from 1st qualifying round.

UEFA Cup Pre-Group Stages

1st Qualifying: Spartak Subotica 8-2 Vaduz agg.

2nd Qualifying: Spartak Subotica 7-0 FC Haka agg.

1st Round: Spartak Subotica 4-2 Zeljeznicar agg.

Straight forward run to the group stage smashing the Liechtensteiners and Finns before an easy game in Bosnia.

UEFA Cup Group D

Spartak Subotica 2-1 Zenit St. Petersburg

Hertha Berlin 2-2 Spartak Subotica

Spartak Subotica 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain

Ajax 3-1 Spartak Subotica

A good win against the russians set us up well for the group and with a gutsy performance in Berlin we were almost certain to go through. We demolished PSG with 3 goals from corners, 1 an own goal, 1 direct header and 1 headed out for Luiz Carlos special. By the time we met Ajax we were through and it didn't really matter.

UEFA Cup 1st knockout

Spartak Subotica 1-0 PSV

PSV 0-3 Spartak Subotica

For some reason this was far too easy and the goals were flowing in from all angles, sensational performance.

UEFA Cup 2nd knockout

Spartak Subotica 3-1 Auxerre

Auxerre 2-4 Spartak Subotica

The stunning form in Europe was continuing, no one can handle Musemic as he smashed home 4 in France for a Spartak club record.

UEFA Cup quarter final

Spartak Subotica 5-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 3-0 Spartak Subotica

After another outrageous hat trick for Dejan Musemic I thought I could smash anyone. I should have been in Champions League, with this form I could win it easy. Although it all went wrong in the predictably rainy Manchester as we managed to lose an even match 3-0 hitting the post twice to go out on away goals. At least I'm confident for a big campaign next season.

Domestic

2008/09 4th First League

2009/10 6th Super League

2010/11 12th Super League

2011/12 2nd Super League

2012/13 11th Super League

2013/14 3rd Super League

2014/15 3rd Super League + Serbian Cup

2015/16 1st Super League + Serbian Cup

Europe

2010/11 UEFA Cup 1st round vs Beitar Jerusalem

2012/13 Champions League group stage 3rd - UEFA Cup 1st knockout vs FC Twente

2014/15 Champions League group stage 3rd - UEFA Cup 1st knockout vs Feyenoord

2015/16 UEFA Cup quarter final vs Manchester United

Spartak Subotica; 57th(+68), 45.802 Serbia; 18th(+3), 20.857

Sazchu - Szentlörinc SE - Season 1 2008/2009 - Hungarian Division II - West

Media Prediction - 14th

Board Expectations - Stay in Division II

After failing in Iceland i decided to go to Hungary and picked Szentlörinc SE as the team to manage.

I started with a small squad so one of the first things i did was get a parent team , since i thought that if i would get a few players on loan from the parent team i could survive in the league, I got Debrecen as the parent team and got a few players from their reserves on loan, a few means 13 players .

With the main squad mainly consisting of players on loan i also brought in a few players not on loan, though in most games 9 out of 11 starting players were players that were on loan from Debrecen.

The goal for the first season was to survive in the league, though i was not sure if that would be possible since i had no idea how good the players i had gotten from debrecen were, concidering they all were reserve players.

We did alot better than i wouldve hoped , finishing in a good 9th position, never in danger of going down.

László Rezes picked up Division II - West 'Young player of the year' and getting third place in the league's 'Top Goalscorer' and in the leagues 'Player of the year'

István Gajda was runner up in Division II - West 'Top Goalscorer' as well as picking up the Szentlörinc SE 'Fan's player of the year'

League - 9th

Hungarian Cup - 3rd Round (1:3 against Fehérvár)

The next 4 seasons will be following next 4 days.

That is an odd one alright. What personality type is he.

Did you give him a bollocking after that to see his reaction? icon_biggrin.gif

The same thing just happened with another of my players :D. He was performing badly but not as bad as 2 others so I only showed concern, he now wants more criticism! Nothing too special about their personalities, one is fairly ambitious and the other is resiliant.

Coming to the end of the season, and well, I am not sure I have ever had such a bad defence and had to use such an unwanted formation, but that is what happens when no fullbacks show any interest in joining and you are forced to play an overly attacking formation. We are really really bad. Bring on the Summer.

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2017 / 2018 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st Winners!

Champions League – 2nd Qualifying Round – Lost 4-3 on agg to Hajduk

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Limavady United 5-0

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Glentoran 3-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Distillery 4-1

All Ireland Cup – Semi Final – Lost 3-2 to Bohemians

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfers Summary

Top Scorer

We started the season with a tip to Iceland to face Valur and got a result that gave me great hope for us in Europe this season, an emphatic 6-1 victory. The sheer number of away goals meant that we should be through to the 2nd qualifying round, a 1-0 loss at home meant we were through 6-2 on agg to face Hajduk.

The first leg was played away where we managed to scrape an impressive 2-1 victory. Knowing that we were able to beat the Croatians left me thinking that we come up with a comfortable home win to progress to the 3rd qualifying round. A disastrous home leg saw us lose 3-1 in extra time to go crashing out of Europe for another season.

We put the disappointment of the Champions League behind us as we went into the League Cup Group stage where we won all 6 games scoring a massive 30 goals and conceding just one. Topping our group gave us a quarter final match against Moyola Park and a 4-1 victory followed putting us into the a semi final with Portadown. Another impressive victory saw us triumph 4-0 to go through to a final with Glentoran. Another comfortable 3-0 victory see us lift the trophy again, scoring a record 41 goals on route.

This year’s Antrim Cup started with 2 games against non-league opposition, we comfortably defeated Glebe 7-0 and Connor 5-0 to put us into a semi final with Cliftonville. A 3-1 victory put us into our 6th consecutive final where Distillery were outclassed 4-1.

Our league form picked up where it left off last season and we were in the top two from the very start. We secure top spot on match day 8 and that’s where we stayed finally being confirmed as champions on match day 22 for our 7th consecutive title. Winning all 30 games for the second time and taking our unbeaten league run to 139 games. During the season we managed to keep the number of goals we conceded to a tiny 10 for the entire year. We took the top three positions in the Player of the Year again, also 2 of the top 3 scorers and also had the Young Player of the Year.

The Northern Irish cup started with a 5th round draw away to Cliftonville, a game that was won 2-0 to set up a 6th round match at home to Glenavon. Another 2-0 victory saw us into a Quarter Final with Ballymena United. A 4-0 thumping put us into a Semi final against Glentoran. We were under pressure in the match and were 1-0 down until the final 5 minutes when a Glentoran player was sent off and we were able to get an equaliser to send the game to extra time where we managed to get the winning goal for a 2-1 final score. Our reward was a final against Limavady United. An early own goal and an injury to a Limavady player set the tone for the rest of the match, we were 3-0 up at half time and secure our 6th consecutive trophy with a 5-0 victory.

The All Ireland Cup was certainly a more competitive affair this season. We managed two victories over Glentoran, a win and a loss against Drogheda and also a draw in the home match with Shamrock Rovers. This put us in with a chance of qualifying from the group for the very first time, to get there we would need to get at least a point in the second game with Shamrock Rovers. To my complete amazement we were on the correct side of a 4-1 victory which sent us into a semi final with Bohemians. We put up a good fight and initially took the lead only to be beaten by a late goal that should have been called offside leaving the game to final score of 3-2. Although slightly disappointed by the final score, I was just glad that we’d finally been able to qualify from the group stage and the knowledge that we’ve now got the quality of players needed to compete in this competition.

This season saw the departure of one of our most prolific goal scorers as Stefan Williams went off to Spain to join Racing for £500k plus clauses. Although he would be greatly missed the deal would keep the club financially secure for quite a long time. Williams’ departure meant that I needed to call Blackwell (43 Goals & 22 Assists) back into a starting role where he came right back into the form he’d shown in the previous seasons. He was partnered up front by Svoboda (59 Goals & 18 Assists) who maintained the form that made him top scorer last year, in fact if it hadn’t been for a number of injuries at times of amazing form he may well have beaten last season’s club record of 72 goals. Downing (22 Goals) was also called in a backup role and performed amazingly well when called upon. This season allowed new players to shine in the midfield, Redmond (7 Goals & 24 Assists) and Trojan (7 Goals & 23 Assists) flew down the wings and caused much havoc for the opposition. The best midfield performance came from Tetteh (14 Goals & 28 Assists) before a hamstring injury ended his season. Overall the squad is beginning to gain the depth needed in order to be rotated without it causing any major dips in form which helps greatly when it comes down to the end of the season when games are being played every 3 to 4 days.

I took charge of my 500th game this season. Shame it ended up as a goalless draw.

Gundo – For your table – 7 Domestic Titles

Coefficients

Club – 1.485 – 468th (Up 18 Places)

Country – 2.833 – 40th (Up 3 Places)

Playing in Finland at the minute and am enjoying it so far. Smallish league, no major player restrictions and nothing to stop me dominating domestically in a few years.

I now find myself top of the First Division at the half point in my debut season with City Stars FC and don't know what to do. My team would get battered in the top-flight but the cash and revenue would be handy.

My Croatia save crashed after I was having a good spell with FK Novalija and my Iceland and Poland games went tits up after I was sacked for basically overachieving too early. Which is what danger I find myself in now. :(

This is my second spell in Finland and its more pleasant than the first time in which I got relegated.

This is my first full length report in the new forum so apologies in advance if it's all screwed up.

Chmel Blsany, Czech First Division 2016-17

A new dawn as we set out to defend our title and have a crack at the Champions League for the first time.

Pre-season was the now usual tale of desperately trying to hold my team together as the 'bigger' clubs came sniffing around. By the end of the summer window, I had lost my two first-choice centre backs from last season and my star striker and best named defender, Ian Brown, were both angered by my refusal of bids. Not to fear as new players had come in, most notably Sparta Prague's first choice defender (sweet revenge for all the times they had poached from me) and a Hungarian stiker, Laszlo Orosz, whom my scouts rated highly. He took a while to settle, not scoring in his first 10 games but then scoring 18 in the next 10. However, this meant he attracted attention from European clubs and anted to leave by November, just 4 months after he had signed.

Europe

Our first foray into the Champions League was somewhat short-lived. We beat Slovakian champions Zilina in the 2nd qualifying round but it was all efectively over as soon as the 3rd round draw was made and we got Barcelona. I had a little hope after an impressive 0-0 result at Camp Nou but 2 early goals in the second leg killed off our chances and we dropped down to the UEFA Cup. Dinamo Kiev stood between us and the group stage. We had beaten them a couple of seasons back in the Intertoto cup but a 2-2 draw at home left us with a lot to do in the away leg. I thought we had it in the bag as we went 2-0 up in the first half but a collapse in the last 20 mins meant we lost 3-2 and once more our European adventure finished in the 1st round of the UEFA Cup.

Domestic

A slow start in the league was soon followed by an impressive run that saw us level with Sparta Prague going into the winter break. It stayed like that until the last few games as Sparta hit a rough patch at just the right time (for us) and we had the title sown up with 2 games to go. I lost Ian Brown and last season's star striker in the January transfer window but my squad had more than enough depth to cover. Sparta Prague got their revenge on us in the cup as they knocked us out in the semis but back-to-back titles meant board, fans and media were all suitably impressed.

Final Table

Laszlo Orosz: The game defintely favoured my new wantaway stiker as the best player on the team as he picked up the Best Foreigner and Fans' Player of the Year awards. Had he not spent two-thirds of the season sulking, I reckon I could have got so much more out of him. At the moment, he is still unhappy but not insisting on a move so fingers-crossed he will stay...

Zoran Takovac: For me the revalation of the year as he made the left-midfield spot his own, scored some great goals and set up several too. One to watch.

Other News

I'm now established as the biggest team in the country, shown by the Sparta Prague boss speaking of his ambition to replace Blsany as the dominant force in Czech football. The board have finally realised there is more than enough money in the bank to wipe out all the debts. They even went so far as to start work on a new stadium, which will be named after a Blsany hero. Me? No. Instead they chose one of my stars from the first 5 or 6 seasons who eventually left the club at the age of 33 in unhappy circumstances. He even went so far as to speak of his relief to get away from Blsany once he left - and they name the stadium after him!

Anyway, onto next season. this time we are aiming for the Champions League Group Phase but the pressure will be on at home as the board expect my team to win the league and reach the final of the cup.

For your table Gundo:

Domestic Titles: 2

Club Coefficient: 19.459 (144th)

Nation Coefficient: 22.617 (14th)

City Stars FC - Finnish First Division - 2008

Prediction: 14th

Final Position: 1st

Finnish Cup: 5th round - a disappointing 3-2 exit at the hands of FC Lynx.

Top Scorer: Drilon Shala = 22 goals

Final Standings

Amazing. I surpassed all expectations. I predicted a struggle yet I was always in the title race all season. Viikingit initially challenged me, but they soon hit a bad patch of form towards the end of the season and finished 3rd. RoPS came the closest and it looked as if my iffy end of season form would cost me as I drew 5 games in succession before a late show against PoPa seemed to swing the balance back in my favour. It went down to the final game, although I would only avoid the dreaded playoff if I lost by 3 goals. In the end I beat Viikingit 3-1 as RoPs lost to win the title by a healthy 6 point margin. My style of play is nothing short of very basic, direct style of play. Its crap but its effective in getting the best from these players. It remains to be seen if this will happen again next season.

Roll on the Premier Division and getting walloped every week. :mad:

Nothing really much to report, aside form the fact the best players in my side came from my parent club. A link which is going to be eradicated next season. This is going to hurt me a lot. Financially the club is making a profit after I shifted the really high earners. I doubt I will get any transfer money though, as I’ll be asking the club to pump money into facilities investment, which they’ll probably reject.

Next season will be tough, as I’ll be the 3rd semi-pro side in the league. That said, the other two stayed up comfortably last season. Thanks to signing Russian Gennadi Judin as coach, I now have a fairly decent knowledge of eastern Europe which means I’m getting a lot of Serbs, Ukrainians and Russians et al in my search screen. Will come in handy soon enough I reckon. I'm not confident after overachieving this so much this season. I just hope I can enjoy the experience and get as much cash as possible.

Finally, creditable mention should go to Cameroonian striker Alain Didier-Six, who scored 16 league goals himself and was the highest rated player in the league last season with an average rating of 7.52.

Next season:

- STAY UP (I’ll gladly take 13th with a flukey playoff win.)

- Strengthen the squad

- Keep finances steady until I can go professional.

- STAY UP (so important, I’d thought I mention it twice ;))

Sencur End Of Season Review 2015/16 - Slovenian First Division

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Demands: Europe

I promise: Europe

Players Interested: 1962 (up from 1885 the previous season)

Training and youth facilities are to be upgraded again. Also, another 686 seats are being added to take capacity over 3000. All good stuff. And another two year contract is pleasing too.

The now traditional mass refusal to sign a new deal will extend to 5 first teamers and five more backups. It will be dealt with once the European campaign is over. And the CL 2Q draw pits us against some Latvians or some Azeris. Should be okay.

"Some Latvians" turn out to be Metalurgs, who are favoured to beat us, and in that light a 4-3 win in Latvia is a decent result. But the distraction of CL football gets to my players. We go down 2-1 to Gorica, which is our first domestic defeat in around 50 games. A 3-1 home win takes us through to play Spartak Moscow in the 3rd qualifying round, and as a bonus, a Metalurgs striker with awesome potential agrees to join.

Ugh. A 2-1 home defeat to Spartak is discouraging. Particularly because it's a last minute own goal that beats us.

6 league games in and we've won five and lost one. Gorica have won all six. Not going to be a simple romp to the title this year I think.

15 minutes into the return leg in Moscow and we're level on aggregate. 2-1 to us. But their 5.75m rated striker is the difference between us. He wins a penalty to put Spartak level on the night, and then scores to take them ahead. We need two. And get one on 54 minutes, through Kijanskas. One more goal and it's the group stages. One more goal for them however, makes it hard, so when they get one on 63, it's looking bad. Kijanskas completes his hat-trick on 74 to make it 4-4. Again, we need one more goal. But we don't get it. :( The first CL campaign ends.

Nurnberg of Germany stand between us and the consolation prize of the UEFA Cup group stages, and there's not a grey player among them. Arse.

Double Arse. Kijanskas is out for a month on international duty, and it's no coincidence that we lose our next game 1-0. This season is proving much much trickier than the last. But at least Gorica start to drop points too.

Game on in Nurnberg, and we're 1-0 up inside 2 minutes. And 2-1 down inside 25. 2-2 at half time, and the dirty German bastards have crippled two more of my strikers. We're down to bare bones here. But 2-2 is how it finishes, and we have to pray for a striker to help us in the second leg.

And that prayer is answered as Kijanskas returns to fitness three days before the game. Will it make the difference? In short. Yes. He scores after two minutes, and we're 3-0 up at half time. A fourth just after the break and I relax. The group stages will be ours.

And I wish they weren't. Ajax, Partizan, Sociedad and Lokomotiv Moscow really isn't easy. Still. We'll make money from it if nothing else.

We make at least three points from it, as we beat Sociedad 2-1 at home, before reality bites with a 4-0 hammering at Partizan, and being outplayed at home by Lokomotiv. We'll need to win in Amsterdam to go through, and I don't see that... Well. I didn't see that coming. It still may not be enough. If either Partizan or Sociedad win their last game, we're out. Both are at home. And both draw! We finish third and are playing in Europe after Christmas! We get Atletico...

We go into the winter break 6 points clear in the league, once we've played all of our re-arranged matches. It's been a real struggle, but with the right level of strengthening I'm pretty confident we'll stay clear, and I think we've strengthened well, despite losing our right back to a 1.5m bid from Levski.

5 minutes in to the home leg with Atletico and we're 2-0 up. Erm. :D Obviously 20 minutes later we're level at 2-2. But then we take control again. Two from Kijanskas make it 4-2. And that's how it finishes!. It takes 26 minutes of the return leg for them to be level. :( And 40 for them to be ahead :( But then on the stroke of half time we get one back! It's not enough, as they polish us off with a fourth. We're out. But it's an excellent run, and one which should help a lot in the long run.

The domestic season continues, with our home form keeping us with a fluctuating 5 or 6 point lead at the top, while our away form threatens to let Gorica in. A 4-3-5 away record at this point is just not good enough. We recover that, and should stroll to the league, with 10 points clear and 6 games left. But a 7-3 cup semi aggregate defeat to Rudar is a reminder that things aren't all plain sailing domestically.

We seal the title with a 7-0 home win. Nice. Even nicer is that it gives me continental rep, and I can send scouts anywhere I like. Yay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slovenian First Division 1st

Slovenian Cup - Semi Final

Champions League Campaign

2Q

Metalurgs (LAT) 3 - 4 Sencur

Sencur 3 - 1 Metalurgs Sencur Win 7-4 on Aggregate

3Q

Sencur 1 - 2 Spartak Moscow

Spartak 4 - 4 Sencur Spartak Win 6-5 on Aggregate

UEFA Cup Campaign

R1

Nurnberg (GER) 2 - 2 Sencur

Sencur 4 - 1 Nurnberg Sencur Win 6-3 on Aggregate

Group H

Sencur 2 - 1 Real Sociedad (ESP)

Partizan (SER) 4 - 0 Sencur

Sencur 1 - 2 Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)

Ajax (NED) 1 - 2 Sencur

Sencur finish 3rd!

1st Knockout Round

Sencur 4 - 2 Atletico Madrid (ESP)

Atletico 4 - 1 Sencur Atletico win 6-5 on Aggregate

End Of Season Awards

Danilo Spotgic

Best Eleven

Transfers

Hopes for next season - Same again in the league. Champions League group stages.

2008-09 Slovenian Second Division 2nd (play-off loss)

2009-10 Slovenian Second Division CHAMPIONS!

2010-11 Slovenain First Division 9th (play-off loss)

2011-12 Slovenian Second Division CHAMPIONS!

2012-13 Slovenian First Division 6th

2013-14 Slovenian First Division 2nd

2014-15 Slovenian First Division CHAMPIONS!

2015-16 Slovenian First Division CHAMPIONS!

Sencur Honours Board

Slovenian Division Two

2010, 2012

Slovenian Cup

Slovenian Division One

2015, 2016

European Co-efficients

Club - 18.434 (153th) +107

Nation - 19.500 (16th - 1-3-1) +7

Domestic Titles

Two

Went to Austria instead. Will post my profile and squad when I'm finished.

Austria was where I played on 2007. Keep an eye out for Seekirchen!

Also, there is a team (GAK) who were relegated for financial reasons, so if you want a challenge I'd avoid them.

Starting afresh at the moment. Going to try out Greece (as long as nothing is broken).

FC Bulle - Swiss Super League 2020/21

Transfer activity was kept to a minimum. Mostly the signing of some promising South American youngsters some of whom won't arrive for a year or 2 when they reach 18. Biggest plus was getting stars such as Ehouman to sign contract extensions. I've had numerous enquiries and have slapped £30m price tag on him. I hope no one puts in a big bid because I think the chairman will accept.

Switzerland

The league was even easier again this season. We won it with only 5 games to spare thanks to a spirited fight by Young Boys. The final table had us 28 points clear and unbeaten for the second season running extending our unbeaten run to 74 games. The only cloud was an awful capitulation 1-3 to Thun in the third round of the cup. It did mean less fixture congestion after the Winter break, which turned out to be important.

Europe - Champions League

Champions League Group Stage

No qualifying rounds this season. We were seeded 3rd for the draw and when the group was drawn I felt confident we could qualify for the knockout stages. A good win in the opening match was followed by a poor performance and defeat against Arsenal at the Emirates. 2-0 up away at Werder Bremen at halftime, telling the team I was pleased with their efforts was a bad idea as we conceded twice to come away with a 2-2 draw. In the reverse fixture against Werder Bremen I told the players I expected a win, a 7-0 demolition followed. The team seems to react better to me putting the pressure on. Olympiakos away and we were 2-4 down at half time with my DC's on a 4 & 5 rating. An angry rant and 1 DC and the GK replaced, we did better salvaging a 4-4 draw. It was enough to send us through. The final game against Arsenal at home meant nothing as they had already won the group, so with nothing to play for we served up another 4-4 goal fest. We qualified in second meanig a tougher draw in the next round.

Bulle         4-1  Olympiakos
Arsenal       2-1  Bulle
Werder Bremen 2-2  Bulle
Bulle         7-0  Werder Bremen
Olympiakos    4-4  Bulle
Bulle         4-4  Arsenal         

Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd

Real Madrid were our opponents in the First Knockout Round. We won the first leg 3-2. I really need some defenders and a GK. The away leg ended 2-3 after 90 minutes so we were into extra time. We scored in the 93rd minute, so now Real would need 2 goals to win. We held firm and we were through 6-5 on aggregate. Next up, Roma.

Bulle        3-2  Real Madrid
Real Madrid  3-3  Bulle

Champions League Quarter Final

We were poor in the first leg in Rome and were lucky to come away with a 1-2 defeat. We were in with a chance when we really should have been dead and buried. For the second leg I demanded a win. We dominated from the start and ran out 4-0 winners, going through 5-2 on aggregate.

Roma         1-2  Bulle
Bulle        4-0  Roma

Champions League Semi Final

Barcelona stood between us and a second Champions League final appearance. The first leg at the Bulle Stadium was a tight game and although we were on the back foot for a lot of it we scraped a 1-0 win. Second leg was another cagey game. We managed an early away goal but Barcelona came at us scoring 3 before we managed a reply in the 66th minute. After that it was backs to the wall but we clung on and went rhough on away goals.

Bulle        1-0  Barcelona
Barcelona    3-2  Bulle    

Champions League Final

Having knocked Barcelona out at the Nou Camp, we were soon back there to face Juventus in the final. We were stunned in the first minute as Juventus took the lead. An angry rant at half time and Ehouman equalized in the 49th and so it remained after 90 minutes. Into extra time with the encouragement of 'You can do it' and Ehouman put us ahead in the 98th, but Juventus pegged us back immediately scoring in the 101st minute. No more goals meant penalties. The first 2 were scored, but then Pintaric proceeded to save the next 2 Juve penalties while we slotted ours away. 3-1 and Juventus had to score. Up stepped there young LB, Giusti. 'He hit the post'. Bulle are Champions of Europe 3-1 on penalties.

News Summary in Screenshots

Laurentiu Budean was the Champions League Best Player for the second season running.

The Seasons Best 11 shows how important Ehouman has become, closely followed by Gervasio Camacho who was picked up on a free from Independiente 4 seasons ago and just keeps getting better.

Camacho was also inducted in to the Bulle Overall Best 11 having accumulated 50 goals in 101 appearances from the AMC position.

The board also announced a further expansion to take us up to around 20,000 capacity. Not bad for a town with 14,000 inhabitants IRL.

European Co-efficients

FC Bulle - 95.785 (14th up from 29th)

Switzerland - 35.625 (9th up from 10th)

FC Bulle Trophy Room

Champions League x 1 - 2020/2021

Swiss Champions x 6 - 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021

Swiss Cup x 2 - 2017/18, 2019/2020

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2018 / 2019 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st Winners!

Champions League – Finished 4th in Group H

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Larne 7-0

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Distillery 2-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Crusaders 5-1.

All Ireland Cup – Semi Final – Lost 3-1 to Bohemians

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfers Summary

Top Scorer

This season were seeded for the very first time in the 1st Qualifying Round of the Champions League, this seeding gifted us a tie with Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan. We played the first leg away and managed a comfortable 3-1 victory. Knowing that we were able to outclass Karagandy made the second leg a lot easier and a 2-0 victory put us through to the 2nd Qualifying Round 5-1 on agg.

Our second round tie was with MSK Zilina from Slovakia, again we began the tie with the away leg and an easy 2-0 win set us up very well with a chance of progressing to the 3rd round. A 3-1 home win saw us through to face Beitar Jerusalem of Israel for a place in the group stages.

Another away game began the tie and we fought hard to come away with a 1-1 draw. This left me knowing that we had it all to do when they came back to the Young Arena, the result that we achieved was far beyond anything that I might have hoped for. A 6-0 demolition was perhaps our greatest result in European competition and secured us a place in the Group Stages by a score of 7-1 on agg.

Our reward for getting this far was a group consisting of Benfica, Chelsea and PSG. I was left hoping that we’d not embarrass ourselves. The initial results were not promising, as I would have hoped for going down 4-1 and 5-0 to Benfica and PSG respectively. Our lack of class showed and we were on the wrong end of all the results, eventually finishing bottom of the group after 6 defeats. Oh well, there’s always next year – at least we know that we’re able to make it this far and will have another good go at getting here.

With the team on a high from making the 3rd Qualifying round we also had to deal with the group stage of the league cup, we were drawn with Bangor, Glenavon and Cliftonville. Six easy victories later we were into the Quarter Finals to face Institute. We were the victors of a high scoring game 5-2 to book our place in the Semi Finals against Colleraine. A nervy game saw us win 2-1 to take our place in the final with Distillery. A comfortable 2-0 victory saw us lifting the trophy for the 7th time.

Our defence of the Antrim Cup began against Bangor where we eased to a 4-1 victory to meet Linfield in the Quarter Finals. An impressive 5-0 demolition followed booking us a place in the Semis Finals against Cliftonville. We faced off against Cliftonville in the middle of an impressive run of 14 games without conceding and were able to win the match 4-0 to reach our 7th consecutive final. This year we’d face Crusaders for the cup and another impressive victory saw us win 5-1 to lift the trophy.

Our unbeaten run continue this season as we managed another a second consecutive perfect season, winning all 30 games and extending the record to 169 games without defeat. This amazing run of form saw us a score a massive 98 goals whilst conceding just 11. We took top spot after match 6 and that’s where we stayed and secured the title on match day 23.

As always we entered this Northern Irish Cup at the 5th round with a tie against Dungannon, a 3-0 victory set us up with a tie against Coleraine in the 6th round. This match also came in our huge run of 14 games without conceding and we easily won 3-0.Our reward was a Quarter Final with First Division Wakehurst, who were no match for us and we triumphed 5-0. This year’s Semi Final saw us paired with Portadown who were dispatched 5-1 to send us into the Final to play Larne. Being the final game of the season it seems that the boys wanted to go out on a high and smashed 7 past Larne to lift the trophy.

After making it out of the group stage of the All Ireland Cup for the first time last season I was confident that we’d be able to repeat this achievement again. Plus our excellent performance in the Champions League also gave me renewed hope. Two wins over Institute sent us well on our way and a draw and a victory in the ties with both Drogheda and Shamrock Rovers meant that we were into the semi finals again. Here we met last season’s opponents and defending champions Bohemians who again proved too strong for us winning the match 3-1 to send us out of the competition. Still another impressive run to the Semi Finals is a good thing and hopefully next season we can have a group without Drogheda and Shamrock Rovers who we have faced every year in the competition.

Our attacking performance this year was a joy to behold as we a massive 202 goals in all competitions, as usual Svoboda (61 Goals & 18 Assists) led the way and he was supported by Blackwell (50 Goals & 17 Assists), Misztal (19 Goals) and Downing (11 Goals & 8 Assists). Our midfield was driven by Yew Tetteh (18 Goals & 20 Assists), Tom Redmond (36 Assists) and Lubomir Trojan (15 Assists) with Bako (11 Goals & 19 Assists) linking the play from the back 4. This year saw the promotion of youth team graduate Ali Clanachan to starting Goalkeeper and he ever let the side down.

The expansion to the Young Arena was completed in January giving us a capacity of well over 10k which we were nearly filling for out home league games and I aim to be filling for all our Champions League matches next season.

Further expansion to Young Arena announced.

Financially we’re very secure now, especially after the additional prize money from reaching the group stage of the Champions League. Although a nice surprise was received in the form a sell on fee from a previous transfer.

For next season I’ll be aiming to repeat our appearance in the group stage of the Champions League and to make more progress in the All Ireland Cup.

I was actually fully prepared to end this game towards the beginning of the season as I was getting extremely frustrated with all the effort that was needed to get to the Champions League games, only to fall short of making any kind of impact in the competition but doing well this year has given me renewed interest in the game so it will keep going.

Gundo – For your table – 8 Domestic Titles

Coefficients

Club – 5.034 – 321st (Up 147 Places)

Country – 4.500 – 38th (Up 2 Places)

Thanks Razer. Congrats on making the group stages. That was when I managed to really kick onto the next level so fingers crossed.

I reckon I'm gonna play on for a season or 2. I want to try the World Club Championship and I have some really exciting players on the way through so I'd like to see how they progress. Plus a few weeks of slightly less intense FM'ing might be good.

Although, being an Irish boy I'd like to try the Republic of Ireland. No ones completed the challenge using that league yet so that'll be the next save.

Thanks Razer. Congrats on making the group stages. That was when I managed to really kick onto the next level so fingers crossed.

I reckon I'm gonna play on for a season or 2. I want to try the World Club Championship and I have some really exciting players on the way through so I'd like to see how they progress. Plus a few weeks of slightly less intense FM'ing might be good.

Although, being an Irish boy I'd like to try the Republic of Ireland. No ones completed the challenge using that league yet so that'll be the next save.

Thanks, I'm hoping for a boost in reputation from getting this far will allow me to attract some better players.

Making the group stage again has been made a fair bit easier as we're now seeded for the first two qualifying rounds but I'll have to see what happens.

Good luck for the World Club Championship.

Congrats daemonic. Great work.

Thanks Spotg.

Nice that you can now scout anywhere. Get them scouts off to South America & Eastern Europe. Being able to scout Brazil and Argentina made a huge difference to me. I also found Turkey to be a great source of players in my game.

I've had one fantastic Turk so far, who was just pinched from me by Salzburg, but rest assured my scouts are winging over to Brazil and Argentina as we speak. Not found anyone yet though.

Czech Republic and Lithuania have been my main sources of quality so far, but until I make the CL group stages I fear we'll not improve much. Got to hope for a kind draw!

Just beaten reigning champions MyPa 4-0 at home. :D Let's hope I can follow this up with a win against YaMam.

Ville Lehitinen. Absolute legend. Scored all four. Not bad for a 30 year old fat bastard, who weighs 100kg. ;)

After 10 games, I'm still in the relegation battle, but that should give my players a huge boost.

Wow, congratulations daemonic :cool:.

And voila, both you and Quacky have completed the game before I have got out of the 2nd division :D. I will persevere but it is gets a bit disheartening from time to time. Pretty sure if I had not been sacked from UGS I'd be nice and comfortable in the top flight snaring all the Eastern Europeans and S Americans I could get my hands on. Instead I am relying on pensioners and the unwanted.

Quick update on my time with Grorud. First season in First Division (2011) we started well but faded late and finished 7th. Club carried a huge debt load due to building a new Stadion (surprised the Board went that way with us still being a semi-pro club). We are surviving on minimalist wages (last season's budget was 7,700 a week, but the Board brought that up to 10K this season) and a meddling Chairman who insists on accepting offers for our best players that I wouldn't. Story postings in FM Stories are still only in the early stages of our first season if anyone wants to follow along.

Wow, congratulations daemonic :cool:.

And voila, both you and Quacky have completed the game before I have got out of the 2nd division :D. I will persevere but it is gets a bit disheartening from time to time. Pretty sure if I had not been sacked from UGS I'd be nice and comfortable in the top flight snaring all the Eastern Europeans and S Americans I could get my hands on. Instead I am relying on pensioners and the unwanted.

Stick with it. Once you get out of the Challenge League and get established in the Super it gets pretty easy in Switzerland. And when you do complete it, we will all celebrate with you.

100kg!!! Bet he doesn't move around too much :D

He's surprisingly quite good despite his physique. Given his height of 5ft10, he's more a robust tank with a great little engine on him than a large lumbering target man. He has natural fitness of 14! :eek:

The Tank

Good job daemonic, you remind me I might have to go back to that game just to take on club world championships (why not) :)

Although I planned to play on my enthusiasm has dropped massively. It's been about 5 (real) days since the CL final and I've only made it to the end of July. I know if I start another game I'll end up abandoning this save. :(

Although I planned to play on my enthusiasm has dropped massively. It's been about 5 (real) days since the CL final and I've only made it to the end of July. I know if I start another game I'll end up abandoning this save. :(

Keep plugging away at it daemonic you'll eventually get into the season. Do you really want to abandon all that hard work?

Leeds Oasis - Good luck in Poland, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

This challenge looks really good,

but I was going to play in the irish league but no-one comes up each season from them?

Near the start of this thread this was brought up and the best solution is to start your game in January 2008 when Fingal get added to Division 1. They are the only team that qualify for this challenge.

I already have my save ready to go.....so tempting to abandon Switzerland for my homeland.

Keep plugging away at it daemonic you'll eventually get into the season. Do you really want to abandon all that hard work?

Leeds Oasis - Good luck in Poland, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

It's the hard work that I like. :)

I really get into a game when I'm struggling to the top. Once I get there I get bored very quickly. Once the CL group stage kicks in I hope my interest will be rekindled.

I've had one fantastic Turk so far, who was just pinched from me by Salzburg, but rest assured my scouts are winging over to Brazil and Argentina as we speak. Not found anyone yet though.

Czech Republic and Lithuania have been my main sources of quality so far, but until I make the CL group stages I fear we'll not improve much. Got to hope for a kind draw!

Interesting that I'm playing in the Czech Republic but quality new signings there have been hard to come by - my main sources of top quality new players have been Serbia, Montenegro (at one point my team looked like an attempt at reunification :D) and just recently Slovakia and Turkey. I've had permission to scout the entire world for the last two seasons but the only non-European signings I've made (2 Panamanians and 1 Costa Rican) have come from scouting international tournaments. Here's hoping a run in the Champions League will attract some more talent!

It's the hard work that I like. :)

I really get into a game when I'm struggling to the top. Once I get there I get bored very quickly. Once the CL group stage kicks in I hope my interest will be rekindled.

I know what you mean, the hard work is a large part of the enjoyment.

In all fairness I can't see me sticking with my Northern Ireland game for many more seasons, domestically nobody can come anywhere near us so that's always easy. The frustration is currently having to do all that work for about 6 games in Europe that are always difficult.

I know what you mean, the hard work is a large part of the enjoyment.

In all fairness I can't see me sticking with my Northern Ireland game for many more seasons, domestically nobody can come anywhere near us so that's always easy. The frustration is currently having to do all that work for about 6 games in Europe that are always difficult.

Sad to say I think N.I. may be impossible because of the League starting reputation of 6. Reason I'm thinking the Republic instead is the league rep is 10, Switzerland is only 11 so I think it may be slightly tougher but not impossible.

I played a game in N.I. a while back without posting on here and I had the exact same frustration as you. Out of Europe in August/September and then having to wade through another domestic season to give it another go the following year.

Sad to say I think N.I. may be impossible because of the League starting reputation of 6. Reason I'm thinking the Republic instead is the league rep is 10, Switzerland is only 11 so I think it may be slightly tougher but not impossible.

I played a game in N.I. a while back without posting on here and I had the exact same frustration as you. Out of Europe in August/September and then having to wade through another domestic season to give it another go the following year.

It may well be impossible, but I'm having a good go at getting it done. We finally made the group stage for the first time last year, season report further up the page, and we've been able to get there again this season. The main problem is keeping hold fo talented players to be able to make a good run at it.

It may well be impossible, but I'm having a good go at getting it done. We finally made the group stage for the first time last year, season report further up the page, and we've been able to get there again this season. The main problem is keeping hold fo talented players to be able to make a good run at it.

Well maybe impossible is too negative. But anyone who does complete it is a better FM'er than I :)

Wasn't there someone in last year's edition of the challenge that completed it in Northern Ireland?? (It could as well have been Ireland tough)

I'm pretty sure that someone did it in Ireland but as to Northern Ireland I can't remember.

Good Luck. Give me a shout if you need any advice, I think I've encountered most problems that Northern Ireland can throw at me.

Well maybe impossible is too negative. But anyone who does complete it is a better FM'er than I :)

Now there's a reason to keep going!;)

Archived