Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Fellow Norwegian participants, I have just found out that there is a squad selection rule problem in the Norwegian Eliteserien and the 1st Division (note, it doesn't effect the Second Division Groups).

To clarify the problem:

Current squad numbers rule in 8.01:

Minimum of 4 players trained by Club. (That's correct)

Minimum of 8 players trained in Norway. (That's correct)

*Maximum of 17 non homegrown players. (This is wrong)

The correct rule:

*Maximum 17 non home grown by nation

Now this does make things more difficult, to what extent I don't know just yet? It took me a while to grasp the actual problem and it wasn't until I loaded up a trial game with Rosenborg BK that things become clearer. The game is still playable in the Norwegian leagues, it's just going to take alittle bit of adjusting to.

The Issue is posted in the Bugs Forum Here.

I'm happy to field any question regarding this, so if cookie15 or rlipscombe have any fire away. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by migwar:

not that it affects me now, it might in the future...

what exactly does that difference mean?

As it stands it means that players trained in Norway (by any club) count as being registered in the wrong category as well as the category they're meant to be included in. (*Maximum of 17 non homegrown players) which is wrong. Basically the rule should limit Foreigners in the Norwegian Leagues, but as it stands it penalizes you for having too many players of 'country homegrown'.

The leagues are still playable, it issue just adds to the difficulty. I think you would have to concentrate on your youth team players more than you normally would.

I'm just waiting now, first to see if it has been logged by SI and secondly if any future fix comes available, will it be compatible with our save games.

Hope that all made sense? It's kind of hard to explain. icon_biggrin.gif

NK Novalja, Croatian Second Division, Season 2008/09, End of season report.

End of Season Table.

All in all it was a very good season. After a slow start we hovered around mid table and then ended up 7th which was our highest place all season so that was good. Media prediction was 9th, I had hoped for 8th so I'm very happy with it.

In the cup we won in the preliminary round but were heavily beaten by First Division Varteks in Round 1.

Here's the squad that did it. We weren't far from being very competitive, we just need a goalscorer in the side and we're looking good. I'm hoping for promotion next season. icon14.gif

Over the season, we disposed of one parent club and gained two more feeder clubs.

The finances aren't great; they were up and down all season but this upgraded stadium that you can see here should help with the finances a bit.

Finally; Manager Overview.

Roll on the new season... icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

As it stands it means that players trained in Norway (by any club) count as being registered in the wrong category as well as the category they're meant to be included in. (*Maximum of 17 non homegrown players) which is wrong. Basically the rule should limit Foreigners in the Norwegian Leagues, but as it stands it penalizes you for having too many players of 'country homegrown'.

The leagues are still playable, it issue just adds to the difficulty. I think you would have to concentrate on your youth team players more than you normally would.

I'm just waiting now, first to see if it has been logged by SI and secondly if any future fix comes available, will it be compatible with our save games.

Hope that all made sense? It's kind of hard to explain. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what does this mean for your Randaberg game then?? are you going to cintinue?? it's made me think a bit as to my future.....

iacovone's End of Season Update, Slavonija, Croatian Second Division

Well, what a season. To clarify, my ambitions for this season based on my end of season report from last time around were - make a profit (hopefully), improve on 8th place and to build the squad up and rely less on youth players.

In terms of the ambitions I achieved two out of three. To make a profit in the lower leagues is, as I'm sure everyone has discovered, nigh on impossible. But to be fair, at the moment this is not a huge concern for me.

Anyway to the season: League Table icon14.gificon13.gif

Graph

As you can see, it was a hell of a season. We were predicted to come 10th and ended up (almost) running away with it. The table itself is slightly misleading. We began the season brilliantly and remained 21 games unbeaten from the start of the year. With 9 to go I was optimistic and really expected us to go up. However Kamen Ingrad were always alongside us and were a threat. However it was 3rd place Osijek that were quietly going about their business and pushed us both all the way, eventually finishing top. They also inflicted our first defeat of the season - 3-0 at their place. They were in truth probably deserving champions. We should have taken the playoff spot but went on a horrible run with 6 games to go, in which we only won 1! icon_eek.gif

We played an innovative 4-5-1 formation placing a free role on both AM's. It seemed to work well and a short quick passing game complimented the team brilliantly. It will be interesting to see how we do next year, being less of an unknown quantity. Plus, both full time clubs have been promoted, so I wonder how the new D2 teams will get on?

In terms of individual performers, it was very pleasing to have 7 under 21/19 internationals come the end of the year.

Darko Verhas led us from the back and really was superb all year. At just 18 I will have to try to keep him at the club for as long as possible. True linchpin. icon14.gif

Zdravko Semialjac had a fantastic year in front of goal. Never underestimate the importance of a quick striker. He did miss a lot of chances but got into so many goalscoring positions that it was inevitable he would get a good haul. Not sure about him in the Prem if we get there but for now top man!

Finances are definitely looking a bit worse for wear but we'll get by.

Stats Corner

In terms of results vs the top teams - much better. Only one defeat to Osijek but also no victory against either them or Kamen Ingrad.

We only conceded 3 pens this season - bonus. icon_biggrin.gif

Ambitions

It has to be promotion now. We've brought in a few good players for next year and sold on a few too. I think the squad will be stronger, its just a case of whether we are intelligent enough to work around teams coming to us and defending.

All in all a great season, but slightly disappointing in the way it finished. icon_rolleyes.gif

Onwards and upwards for Slavonija icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

what does this mean for your Randaberg game then?? are you going to cintinue?? it's made me think a bit as to my future.....

I going to continue. The difficulty has increased with this issue, so it's not all bad. icon_wink.gif

Like I said it's been raised in the Bugs Forum so if/when a fix comes (in the shape of a patch) then we should be good just to patch over our current save game and it should correct for the following in game season. icon14.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table .30/11

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) Second 2009/10 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Meldert Storzy - - -

(Bel) Second 2014/15 Meldert CoachFlu - - -

(Blr) First 2011 Molodechno Reverand&Makers - - -

(Cro) Second 2010/11 NK Slavonija iacovone - - -

(Cro) Second 2009/10 NK Novalja aaberdeenn - - -

(Den) Premier 2010 Helsingør Alurny - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Gre) Second 2008/09 Panaitolikis Benjaminoo - - -

(Hün) Premier 2012/13 Békéscsaba Elöre Quacky 326th 3.795 32nd 8.333 Domestic Title

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) Premier 2016 Magni endtime - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) Premier 2011 Kari Jazza - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Premier 2011/12 Nortel Annihilator666 - - -

(N.I) Premier 2010/11 Sirocco Works Fire Bracelet - - -

(Nor) Second 2009 Randaberg IL Gundo - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Skjetten cookie15 - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Assiden IF rlipscombe - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Slo) Second 2012/13 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Slk) First 2009/10 Puchov migwar - - -

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kaapo iseemonsters - - -

(Swe) First 2011 Krokom freek_teek - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Angby IF 3Sixty - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow NeoAC - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 TKP Torun Supermas2 - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Taffs Well 3Sixty - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Pontypridd Spagbol - - - </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

Hope that all made sense? It's kind of hard to explain. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what does this mean for your Randaberg game then?? are you going to cintinue?? it's made me think a bit as to my future..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think i might sleep on it... still very early in my game so not TOO disheartened if i pull out. will have a think about it... not that i'll leave the challenge though!! icon_biggrin.gif

migwar's big Slovakian Adventure

FC Puchov - 1st Division - 2009/10

Not a lot to say really. As the pictures show, we never really did anything in the second half of the season, and it got pretty hairy at the end. We were 2 points from bottom with 2 games to go, but fortunately won the next game and the bottom 2 lost so we were safe.

League Table

Graph

We reached the last 8 in the Slovak Cup, which was played over 2 legs, and only lost on away goals, which is promising...

So, we stayed up, which was the most important thing. Finances are still broken, so even though I sold 2 top prospects for £100k between them, we still seem to be £500k in the red...

I've offloaded some deadweight over the summer, brought in some new talent. I'm particularly proud of a new DM I picked up from Artmedia on a free. He's a Togo international, and the only full international in my squad. I'll do some screen caps at midseason if any of them seem to be working out icon_smile.gif

My plans for this season are the same as last really, just survival. I'd like to survive with more breathing space, preferably in midtable. I'd like to put together another half decent cup run too.

dafuge

For your table, Púchov are currently ranked 318th in Europe, with a coefficient of 4.396. And Slovakia are 24th with 13.333. icon_smile.gif

aaberdeenn: That is interesting, Jerkic and Vardas are the best of the 4 I find. Semialjac is good for this league, but very limited. I sold Coric in the summer as he had a pretty poor season for me.

I'm also delighted to tell you what my chairman did...

So..season came to an end and I was offered a new 2 year contract. Sweet. Signed on the dotted line expecting many more happy years ahead. Then, my chairman decided to go on a mass fire-sale! The idiot sold Vardas icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif !! The club captain gone. Then he sold my 2nd choice forward followed by my reserve left back. I fought with him and offered better contracts to the others in danger of being sold off and thankfully held onto them...but grrrr. Not happy at all. Thankfully I managed to get this guy in. Not a bad replacement. icon_cool.gif

In terms of the new season, we're definitely not quite as strong at the back as last year but I feel we have a greater overall side. The league has been interesting so far, most people beating everyone. Although Inter (Z) - the team that lost in their relegation playoff - have hit the ground running. Only conceded 1 goal so far. icon_eek.gif

We're unbeaten after 7 and looking good. The latest addition up front looks like a class prospect. I give you Ante Popovic

Not a lot to say really. As the pictures show, we never really did anything in the second half of the season, and it got pretty hairy at the end. We were 2 points from bottom with 2 games to go, but fortunately won the next game and the bottom 2 lost so we were safe.

League Table

Graph

We reached the last 8 in the Slovak Cup, which was played over 2 legs, and only lost on away goals, which is promising...

So, we stayed up, which was the most important thing. Finances are still broken, so even though I sold 2 top prospects for £100k between them, we still seem to be £500k in the red...

I've offloaded some deadweight over the summer, brought in some new talent. I'm particularly proud of a new DM I picked up from Artmedia on a free. He's a Togo international, and the only full international in my squad. I'll do some screen caps at midseason if any of them seem to be working out icon_smile.gif

My plans for this season are the same as last really, just survival. I'd like to survive with more breathing space, preferably in midtable. I'd like to put together another half decent cup run too.

dafuge

For your table, Púchov are currently ranked 318th in Europe, with a coefficient of 4.396. And Slovakia are 24th with 13.333. icon_smile.gif

dafuge?? Thats embarrassing... icon_wink.gif

Jerkic is my first choice right mid and Vardas is in the U19's. Semialjac is going great for me in the second season; 6 goals so far. He's playing upfront with Davor Svec who you might have seen in your game.

I've not encountered any problems with the chairman yet. I did sell one player in the summer for 110k but that was my choice. He was back up centre mid and I did get him for free so thought I'd take the opportunity, plus he wasn't playing well. Then, I got someone almost identical statswise to replace him at the same age too.

Really can't put this game down, back to it for a few more hours. icon_rolleyes.gif

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 11/12 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Kenny Neilly

Fans' Player of the Year - Kenny Neilly

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier Division:

A fantastic first season in the Premier Division. A lot of consistency saw us finish 4th place in the league, ahead of Linfield. Portadown and Glentoran completely dominated, so no-one else was ever in the title race with them.

The Cups:

Also performed very well in the cups. Made it to the Semi-Finals of the League Cup, losing out to Glentoran. Then, in the Irish Cup, got all the way to the final, eventually losing 1-0 to Portadown. However, due to Portadown qualifying for Europe via the league, the Euro Vase spot was passed onto the cup final losing team, which means Nortel will be in Europe next season!

The Board, finances, etc.:

I love pre-season friendly leagues. My finances are really solid now, but the board still refused requests to upgrade the training facilites. Hopefully they'll agree to it by the end of the upcoming season.

Gundo, here's the coefficients for your table:

Nortel - 450th - 0.605

Northern Ireland - 46th - 1.999

League Table

Graph

gundo

dammit, if i ever needed to edit a post...

sorry icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Jerkic is my first choice right mid and Vardas is in the U19's. Semialjac is going great for me in the second season; 6 goals so far. He's playing upfront with Davor Svec who you might have seen in your game.

I've not encountered any problems with the chairman yet. I did sell one player in the summer for 110k but that was my choice. He was back up centre mid and I did get him for free so thought I'd take the opportunity, plus he wasn't playing well. Then, I got someone almost identical statswise to replace him at the same age too.

Really can't put this game down, back to it for a few more hours. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yep Davor Svec is at Zagreb (my parent club), very good player. icon14.gif

By the way Novalja are back in the second division and doing much better. 2 seasons ago following relegation from Div 2 they managed to convince the under 21 captain of Croatia to go and play non-league football! A big part of why they are back in the 'big time'

Meldert, Belgium - December 7th 2014

Mid-season table

Looks like it's another season that will go down to the wire. We've been playing very well - in fact, we're currently on a club record 15 match unbeaten run - but Brussels and Kortrijk just refuse to lose a substantial amount of points.

Hopefully we can keep our run going for a while, and the others will break. Direct or through the playoffs, we have to promote this season. I promised the board we would, and can't afford to break a lot of promises.

All in all, their wrath about the finances isn't as bad as I thought it would be though. I feared I might be seriously under pressure by now, but for now it's still under control. "Should be performing slightly better" at the start of the season, but the great results brought it back to "satisfied" now.

So I think I may survive this season as well. The big question will be whether they'll offer me a new contract at the end of the season. If we promote, I think there's a chance. If not, I doubt it.

Thanks to a few substantial cash injections, we're still "only" 1.4 mil in the red now. Our average attendance is also up from last year, close to stadium capacity again now. That income is just a drop in the bucket though.

And for the first time we're still in the Belgian Cup at this stage of the season, by beating First Division team Roeselare after extra time. So that's another little plus to please the board - every little thing may help.

B]Krokum - Division 1 Södra - 2011[/b]

I was rather hopefull at the start of the season. We had broken all records in our division the previous season, and I've heard from several people the step up to Division 1 isn't that high.

I was wrong. Again we failed to sign anyone remotely decent (One of my scouts finds ONE player per scouting tour), and we lost our argentinian loanee striker (I had an offer accepted at one time, but the **** had no interest in signing for us). So we had to begin the season with the same team as last season, minus one top scorer.

We strugled a whole season, never finding good form. Absolute low was our defence: Despite having the first choice Sweden U21 keeper in goal we conceded goals like it was Futsal and I never really found a more defensive strategy that worked. When the summer transferwindow opened my scouts still hadn't found a capable defender, so I did what every desperate manager does: find me some strikers with southern sounding names. We sign a young and very promising Italian sounding Swede and he teams up with a Spanish sounding roadrunner (He has an awfull shot/goal ratio, but his speed create so manny chances it doesn't really matter.). Our defence was still crap as ever, but at least it was nice to watch.

anyway this was the result, back to division 2

Burdawatch : He's crap, but he's mine icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Konquest:

I'm back!

Holidaying in Croatia right now, and I'm going to holiday for a while until I get Metalac again! icon_biggrin.gif

I've taken a look in the data editor and it seems that I won't be able to get Metalac promoted this year. They seem to play in the Fourth Division East and they would need to be in the Third Division in order to get promoted. I would need to holiday another year and hope I can get them, but I don't think I'll do that.

I'll settle for a new team and hope I get Metalac as a feeder club, though! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Good to see you back in Croatia Konquest.

I did notice Metalac in the cup draw and thought about your time there last year. icon_wink.gif

is croatia good to manage in?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm a bit partial as I've managed to complete the challenge last year in Croatia (with the Mighty Metalac) and it's been by far my most enjoyable game ever.

Quite simple league really. 2 divisions, 1 cup. but some pretty quality players and a pretty good internal competition (Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka) make it challenging to break in the top spot.

Békéscsaba Elöre 2012/13 Winter Break

After the close defeat to Sparta Prague the domestic season got off as it did last year. The main changes from last season is the strengthened midfield leading to another dominant season.

Big news though concerns my best player, pick up during a sweep of African champions league last season amazingly on a free transfer. He was simply far too good for this league and soon wanted to move to a bigger club. PSG, Zaragoza, Sporting and Rosenborg were also interested but he ended up going to Mexico, the deal also includes 50% sell on clause so I could be very rich in few seasons. Even so its screwed up my finances graph and I'm the richest club in Hungary now.

Originally posted by Konquest:

I'm back!

Holidaying in Croatia right now, and I'm going to holiday for a while until I get Metalac again! icon_biggrin.gif

Good to have you back Konquest. icon14.gif

Good luck in Croatia.

Hello,

I have never played any chalenge so far, but after reading this thread I feel it could be great fun and want to try it.

Would it be better to play in country I live in (Czech republic), play there often and thus know quite well or to try country I am not so familiar with?

If the latter, then what are your suggestions? I like complicated leagues and also many cup games (though the hungarian one doesn't sound good to me icon_smile.gif)

I made the mistake of thinking I had enough reserve players to mount a challenge at league cup and Hungarian league just now. Abandoned at quarter final after losing two league games and having all the squad struggling for fitness. Far too many cup games.

I always quite liked the Slovenian league or Polish with no player restrictions. Theres quite a few cups in Iceland and Ireland too but Icelandic league is ridiculously short.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Good to see you back in Croatia Konquest.

I did notice Metalac in the cup draw and thought about your time there last year. icon_wink.gif

is croatia good to manage in?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Békéscsaba Elöre 2012/13 Final

Having sold Bello for £2.5M I needed some new strikers and managed to land Ivorian Guieguie from Honved and Macedonian international Aco Stojkov from Debrecen, he wasn't quite so impressive so I didn't take a picture. Both of which were on a free transfer, there was also some flux in the defence with lots of my backups being bought so I brought in some more slight upgrades and depth.

We didn't manage to get quite as many points as last season but still won the league and the cup for the second year in a row. Still don't have a big enough squad to win the league cup as well since it is effectively twice the matches. The first half clashing with European games and the second half with later rounds of the cup.

Hungarian division 1 champions, 2011/2012, 2012/13

Hungarian cup champions, 2011/2012, 2012/2013

Hungarian league cup champions, 2010/2011

Hungarian super cup (by default since its not played if a team wins cup and league), 2011/2012, 2012/13

Hungarian division 2 east champions, 2009/2010

Current coefficients, Club 333rd 3.575, Nation 24th 11.500

I'm gearing up for the closest finish to the league in a long time.

Istra 1961 - 63pts

Slavonija - 60pts

Inter (Z) - 60pts

I'm now playing away at 4th place (who aren't in the promotion race, but are still strong.)

Will update after this match. 3 games to go! icon14.gif

icon_eek.gif

We won 3-1 away and Inter (Z) beat Istra 1961 1-0!

This means we are all level on 63pts with 2 games to go. However by the league sorting rules - results between teams - I'm sitting 3rd! icon_mad.gif

My last two games are at home to 9th and away to 11th. We have the easiest run-in and must get 6 points. I'm going to wrap this up and deliver a season report tomorrow...fingers crossed it's good news icon_smile.gif

Békéscsaba Elöre 2013/14 Holiday to Austria

Well I couldn't wait to post this one, with the improvement of Hungary's ranking I got a bye into 2nd qualifying round of champions league where I drew Austria Wien. As we all know Austria sucks pretty bad at football and would never qualify for European championships if they weren't hosting it so I just thought I'd show some proof.

So we started off with the home leg, there really wasn't an empty seat in the house, 16000 is the capacity and we cruised to the win.

I was expecting a slightly tougher challenge in Austria maybe a draw or something but their goalkeeper appeared to have lost the use of his legs on several of the goals and just stood still like a muppet as we took pot shots. It was quite some match as we spanked them 10-0 on aggregate.

If only the next round could be so easy but I doubt it against Werder Bremen but thats for tomorrow.

Kari - 2011 season - Iceland

Table

Graph

Upper League Cup

Iceland Cup

Snapshot

Started off poorly in the upper league cup, finishing second to last, I think the patch screwed up my tactic a bit so had to tweak it a bit.

In the league my two main strikers both picked up long term injuries early on so I had to use my two backups who couldn't score to save their lives, luckily we had a strong defence. Because of this most of our results were 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 etc, which was still good enough to drag to team into 4th spot nearing the end of the season.

Then one of the backup strikers gets injured leaving one fit first team striker available so I bring up a random striker up from the youth team who scores on his debut and then goes on to score 9 goals in 12 games which moved us up to 3rd place. I was originally going to let him leave at the end of the season as my coaches only rated him as a one star but after that performance he got a new contract and now my coaches rate him as a three star icon_rolleyes.gif

In the Iceland cup we got knocked out in the quarter finals again, the two top teams, Valur and FH are tough to beat but we're getting closer to matching them. In my first season there were four top teams but this has been shrinking each year, now there's really only two top teams and next season we should be challenging one of them, Valur for second place as they sold a couple of their good players. FH are miles ahead of everybody but their good players are starting to get old so hopefully we'll be getting close to a title challenge in 2-3 seasons once they retire.

NK Slovan, 2012/13 winter update

Just the usual.

Nafta (14-0-1) are storming the league, and are 9 points clear, so automatic promotion will go to them.

Mura are second (10-3-2), we are third two points behind with 10-1-4. Following us (as usual) are Krsko, Bela Krajina and Bonifika.

Good thing is that we are 1-1-0 over Mura, and it should've been 2-0-0, if not for the goddamn ref, who awarded a penalty for them in the 96th minute.

I need a DC and a winger, who can be used at both wings. I had to do some tactical adjustments, as my old tactic didn't really work well. The new one is so far 3-0-0, 5-0, so it gives hope icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Vitecek:

Hello,

I have never played any chalenge so far, but after reading this thread I feel it could be great fun and want to try it.

Would it be better to play in country I live in (Czech republic), play there often and thus know quite well or to try country I am not so familiar with?

If the latter, then what are your suggestions? I like complicated leagues and also many cup games (though the hungarian one doesn't sound good to me icon_smile.gif)

i think it's dependant on what sort of challenge you want. if you want to try and complete the challenge quickly, go for czech republic. plus you'll have the knowledge of the country. being your first challenge, it might also keep you hooked on it more if it's relevent to you. not sure what the cup competitions arelike though.

or you could have a clean break and go somewhere new, which will add to the challenge... the choice is yours!!

i'm contemplating having a go there too.

migwar's Big Slovakian Adventure

FC Púchov - 1st Division - 2010/11

mid-season update

:: imagine i'm doing a little dance as i'm telling you this, because i'm doing one as i write it ::

Well, this is different...

Mid-Season Table

And its not like I just got there...

League Graph

I'm not going into much detail, but the new central defenders and the new defensive midfielder have really made a difference

We've only got 4 points less than we had in the whole of last season, and although i'm sure this wont last, I'd love to make a top 3 finish and qualify for some european competition

Keep your fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

Panaitolikos 08/09 Season Update

Great season. We were predicted to finish bottom, but we made a comfortable mid-table finish of 11th.

Our star player was easily Nikic who was also our top scorer with 14 goals.

Fans Player of the Year was Karakatsanis who's the club captain.

As I said, we won the Best Team in Greece award. I don't have a clue what it is, but it must be good. icon_biggrin.gif

Our finances are pretty dire, about 180k in the red, but it was helped witht he 200 odd grans we got for our league finish.

I hope to bring in some player next year and maybe produce a top-half finish.

Around the World

The Champions Cup was won by Espancyol

The Euro Cup was won by Real Madrid

The Super Cup was won by Inter

The Greek Cup was won by AEK

The Greek Superleague was also won by Aek

And the Foreigners beat the Greeks

icon14.gificon14.gif

Meldert, Belgium - May 10th 2015

Mid-season table

End of season

Quite a superb second half of the season, which made it a relaxed last few matches for a change. It still wasn't "easy" though - we didn't win the league by ten points because the team in second place was weak, but we were just better.

In fact, we were near flawless - and needed to be - to win the league convincingly. A cup defeat interrupted the undefeated run for the club record books, but we did get into the Second Division records by staying undefeated for no less than 31 games. We won the last 12.

The team.

A good mixture of new signings and quality loan players, this was undoubtedly the strongest Meldert squad so far.

This season's spotlight pick: Jean-Baptiste Yakassongo. I had this kid on loan back in 2010-11, and signed him on a free last winter. He scores easily when played up front, but since he was by far my best left winger this season, he got to add to his assist tally instead.

The team did what had to be done, now it remains to be seen whether it will be enough for the board to offer me a new contract. I think they might - I asked, and they agreed I deserved a new one - but you never know with this game.

Finances

This is the main problem, obviously. A few cash injections caused a few bumps in the decline, but the downhill slope remains, and will remain for a while.

All the other sections in the Confidence screen are nicely into the green though, so I'm hopeful that I can continue the challenge for a bit longer.

Promotion to the First Division isn't immediately gonna solve our financial problems. It'll slow the decline, but running at break-even is still a few years off.

We'll be moving into the new stadium in July, but I don't think our attendance will rise dramatically. While we're a little bit more ready for promotion than we were the first time, we'll still be one of the small teams. With our limited wage budget and still pretty awful infrastructure (apart from the new stadium), we'll undoubtedly be battling against relegation again.

But those are worries for later. First concern: new contract. I should know on June 1st, I assume.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

iacovone's End of Season Update, Slavonija, Croatian Second Division (3rd Season)

So with 3 games to go the table looked like this. We had one our previous two games and it really was going down to the wire. Despite having a better goal difference it all came down to results between teams. So...we had to hope for a slip up from either Inter (Z) or Istra 1961.

Our penultimate game was at home to 9th placed Moslavina - surely 3 points here. Inter (Z) had a simple game against relegated Pomorac away whilst Istra 1961 had the toughest - at home to Marsonia who were in 6th place.

Results

So despite our win, we were still sitting 3rd.

Down to the final matchday of the season. We travelled away to 11th place Solin where we should get 3 points. But again I had to hope on the kindness of strangers...Inter (Z) were at home to Novalja (come on aaberdeenn's side icon_wink.gif), whilst Istra 1961 had an away game with already relegated Mosor.

We won 3-0. Did we get any help?

NO! icon_frown.gif

Oh well. Another promising season ends in heartbreak. At least we're getting closer! This season was certainly the closest I've had on FM and to win our last 5 games and not go up really does hurt.

On a positive note Ante Popovic picked up young player of the year with Jerkic coming second. icon14.gif

So two new signings really did well this year. Popovic ended up breaking the Slavonija goalscoring record for a season with this haul. He took the record from our other striker Semialjac who clearly

didn't take it too well. Looks like he could be off.

Ultimately I think the chairman's decision to sell my club captain Darko Verhas was crucial. We might be making a profit but it came at a price. We have shipped more goals than last season and this was really the problem against the big sides. Hopefully he'll learn and I can keep hold of our stars. Namely Popovic!

Ambitions

Well we didn't achieve promotion, so its a disappointing season in that respect. But I think as a club we are better off now. And two third place finishes make us front runners for promotion this year. icon14.gif

I'm considering offering the highest bonus for league performance. Hopefully that will help.

Whew.

Good to see that the one big negative didn't over-rule all the positives. So if I keep doing well on the pitch, I may go far in this challenge yet.

At least the long term plan for the next three seasons isn't very demanding. I can get away with being relegation battlers for a while.

I'm still in it. icon14.gif

Archived