Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad to see Rafael go. Love the little guy, such fight and passion, and I could kind of understand it from the point of view of the amount of injuries he has had, but considering he is such a quality player and has never really been given a chance under LVG it is hard to agree with selling him when the preference has been to play Valencia.

I would never say he was the best RB in the league, but he was up there and could certainly have cemented himself as the best with a full uninterrupted season or two.

Just yet one more decision from LVG to add to the column of reasons to think the manager hasn't got his full faculties in order. Meh.

At least when we confirm Di Maria has gone that may offset it a little, horrible, unprofessional little **** that he is.

Weird to see people continue to question LVG picking Valencia at right back. Thought it was generally agreed that Valencia was one of our most improved players last season?

Let's be honest, he had a lot to Improve on...

Very sorry to see Rafael go. One of my favorites. He always looked one step away from brilliance. And he wore his passion for the club on his sleeve. Gotta like a player like that.

I wouldn't say he was a liability. But it always seemed like he could never hold onto a steady run of matches without some niggly injury sidelining him for a similar length of time. 5 in. 5 out. Etc.

All this talk of LVG not going with him bc he can be weak defensively may be unfair. LVG and the staff knew going in about his injury issues. And iirc he did get hurt early last year and it kept him out a bit. That could have solidified the feeling that he can't stay healthy. If he was tearing it up going forward in practice I think he would have found himself in more matches.

A player that was easy to support from jump but never reached his potential bc he couldn't stay on the field.

Good luck at Lyon.

Very sorry to see Rafael go. One of my favorites. He always looked one step away from brilliance. And he wore his passion for the club on his sleeve. Gotta like a player like that.

I wouldn't say he was a liability. But it always seemed like he could never hold onto a steady run of matches without some niggly injury sidelining him for a similar length of time. 5 in. 5 out. Etc.

All this talk of LVG not going with him bc he can be weak defensively may be unfair. LVG and the staff knew going in about his injury issues. And iirc he did get hurt early last year and it kept him out a bit. That could have solidified the feeling that he can't stay healthy. If he was tearing it up going forward in practice I think he would have found himself in more matches.

A player that was easy to support from jump but never reached his potential bc he couldn't stay on the field.

Good luck at Lyon.

Him tearing it up going forwards probably was the reason he wasn't in the team.

Him tearing it up going forwards probably was the reason he wasn't in the team.

Interesting bc it looks like Darmian has an awful lot of going forward in him. And while we all know Tony's short comings, it isn't as if he stood behind the center line when we came forward. He might have been more careful defensively than Rafael, but that doesn't mean better. So I guess we shall see how our RBs play to start this campaign.

Darmian was in the team who played the most minutes right?

Think it will be that team that plays against spurs, but with DDG.

DDG

Darmian

Jones

Blind

Shaw

Carrick

Schneiderlin

Young

Mata

Depay

Rooney

Got a slight disappointed feeling that Valencia might actually start ahead of Darmian against Spurs. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

I could see it away, but that would be dissappointing at home. And, Darmian looked pretty good on tour.

Interesting bc it looks like Darmian has an awful lot of going forward in him. And while we all know Tony's short comings, it isn't as if he stood behind the center line when we came forward. He might have been more careful defensively than Rafael, but that doesn't mean better. So I guess we shall see how our RBs play to start this campaign.

Yeah Darmian is aggressive going forwards. It's just that he is also very good at defending. He might not be as exciting to watch as Rafael, but his delivery from what I've seen in the last two seasons is better. didn't see him as much last season, but certainly the season before it was excellent.

Yeah Darmian is aggressive going forwards. It's just that he is also very good at defending. He might not be as exciting to watch as Rafael, but his delivery from what I've seen in the last two seasons is better. didn't see him as much last season, but certainly the season before it was excellent.

And therein lies the rub. We thought Darmian was an all around better player. So, we bought him. And, someone had to go. No way Tony was going with his versatility. All eyes on Darmian for me this weekend. I think he will be pivotal. Please stay healthy!!!

At least when we confirm Di Maria has gone that may offset it a little, horrible, unprofessional little **** that he is.

I find stuff like this a bit embarrassing really.

Scholes refused to play for us in a League Cup game against Arsenal back in 2001, and Rojo went on strike to force through a move to us last year. Can't turn around and moan when a player behaves a bit poorly considering what we have, perhaps reluctantly, accepted before.

We can't moan about people diving against us, our players dive

Diving, cheating and refereeing mistakes are encouraged by FIFA. Otherwise video replays would have been introduced a long time ago.

They want talking point after the matches.

I said accepted in the original post, not happy. Bit of a difference.

I for one had no idea, nor do I particularly care. It's a bit ridiculous to claim you have to be up in arms about how we signed a player to be miffed at how Di Maria left though, not that I'm surprised...

Diving, cheating and refereeing mistakes are encouraged by FIFA. Otherwise video replays would have been introduced a long time ago.

They want talking point after the matches.

Irrelevant to the point being made

Yes I know. The point being made is to not be like Steven Gerard and complain about others diving when you are the worst diver yourself.

However my point is that no point blaming them for diving as they are encouraged to do so. It's like you won't blame someone for scoring a goal as it is encouraged.

Yes I know. The point being made is to not be like Steven Gerard and complain about others diving when you are the worst diver yourself.

However my point is that no point blaming them for diving as they are encouraged to do so. It's like you won't blame someone for scoring a goal as it is encouraged.

A point that's wholly irrelevant. I'd also say not quite right either but I don't really care

Well I'm pretty sure we didn't spend £14m on a rightback and sold another to still have Antonio Valencia has rightback. What he has been is irrelevant.

Then why a few weeks ago while on tour did LVG say Darmian is the back up?

Then why a few weeks ago while on tour did LVG say Darmian is the back up?

He said we needed two players for every position and that Darmian is the second, because McNair is not a right back. Considering how much he has played so far, he's likely to start and if he takes his pre season start in, it will be hard for Valencia to dislodge him.

He said we needed two players for every position and that Darmian is the second, because McNair is not a right back. Considering how much he has played so far, he's likely to start and if he takes his pre season start in, it will be hard for Valencia to dislodge him.

Fair enough.

I find stuff like this a bit embarrassing really.

Scholes refused to play for us in a League Cup game against Arsenal back in 2001, and Rojo went on strike to force through a move to us last year. Can't turn around and moan when a player behaves a bit poorly considering what we have, perhaps reluctantly, accepted before.

I didn't realise I had said I had accepted something similar being done before by numerous players? I am talking about the Di Maria situation, and didn't know I had to then justify my comment by commenting on every other player who has ever done something similar?

Fwiw I don't like Rooney at all for twice dicking around to get himself a much better, and thoroughly undeserved better contract.

Been at home watching premier league years on sky. What a great season 02/03 was, brings back great memories. RVN was devastating. Wish we could have someone like him nowadays.

Don't know why the fuss about arsenal 03/04. Decent side, nothing special.

Archived