Update on playable online leagues

• 1 month later...

EHM took a major step back when it killed stable, online play in 2007.

Here we are in 2015, and there is no pledge to make it happen.

You simply can't have have a major game like this in 2015 without the ability for online leagues.

Drop the nonsense (the 2D game is brutal...watching dots "skate" to and from the bench every whistle???) and focus on making an fun, engaging modern game.

The first developer that provides a hockey manager that easily allows players to engage each other with trades, drafts etc... is going to have a winner.

Maybe the FHM guys know this.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure once they have an idea, they'll let people know. Asking the question repeatedly isn't going to speed anything up.

It's worth keeping in mind that, as I understand it, Riz is working on this in his spare time. It's hard to give timescales in that situation. Also, I believe the aim is to address some of the online multiplayer limitations of EHM 2007 so that, e.g. we can have up to 30 GMs (it was mentioned in the interview when EA was first released). Obviously it's going to take time for things like this to be implemented.

• Administrators
But when? I'm not asking for an exact date, just a ball park. Within the next month? Two months?
I'm sure once they have an idea, they'll let people know. Asking the question repeatedly isn't going to speed anything up.

It's worth keeping in mind that, as I understand it, Riz is working on this in his spare time. It's hard to give timescales in that situation. Also, I believe the aim is to address some of the online multiplayer limitations of EHM 2007 so that, e.g. we can have up to 30 GMs (it was mentioned in the interview when EA was first released). Obviously it's going to take time for things like this to be implemented.

When it's ready.

When it's ready.

That is the ''political'' answer, I respect it as it's the smartest. Means absolutely nothing but prevents broken promises and the frustration and anger from people if not delivering on time.

Unfortunately, that answer also probably means that online play in EHM:EA is for later rather than sooner (many months/year ? VS weeks ?), if it ever gets there ! This is what Early Access is, an unfinished product with no guarantee. There's been a few good outcome of Early Access game on Steam and plenty of ''fiasco'', hopefully EHM will go in the first category.

Too bad for us for being crazy Hockey lovers and not Football/Soccer fans I guess :p ... It is obviously a much smaller market ...

Still, tipping my hat off to Riz for ''trying'' to revive the game with apparent minimal resources. I am scared that with the current resources put into EHM, that someone else who's ''putting more'' into the same genre will take over the exclusiveness EHM have had for a very long time ...

Hopefully online comes on time and better than in the 2007 game.

From a fan who has put the game on hold after the first couple days until multiplayer gets rolling.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just one customer.

I bought one copy of EHM - just to throw some money into the pot. I wish more people did. But whatever. I did my part.

I did the same for FHM.

But I won't be chipping in for 2.0 unless the game is worth the money.

Archived