[PS Vita] FMC 2014 - 4 ice buckets on the joy of playing the game

Hello,

I have just registered and so sorry already I’m posting like crazy!

After posting about an issue on PS Vita, since I can't select the "add new manager" in the game status screen. It is there but greyed out, so I can’t press it.

This post is related with four other issues I have encountered:

> Unable to hire additional staff. Every attempt to hire someone obligates sacking the current employee!

> Unrealistic difficulty on selling players. I’ve tried almost every tactic out there in the web.

> Volatile rating system. My players’ rating keep shifting. For example, a wonderkind I secured after unanimous comments on forums came on with stupendous rating but soon enough was deemed unworthy by my assistant!

> Nonexistent offers from other teams or countries even after reaching continental status (a whisker away from world class level) and holding a record of 21 titles. I already earned “manage national squad” unlockable.

These are the problems I find most irritating, and they take away much of the pleasure of playing this game.

I thank you in advance for the attention and help you can give me.

Best regards.

• Administrators
Hello,

I have just registered and so sorry already I’m posting like crazy!

After posting about an issue on PS Vita, since I can't select the "add new manager" in the game status screen. It is there but greyed out, so I can’t press it.

You can only have one manager in a Vita game at any one time.

This post is related with four other issues I have encountered:

> Unable to hire additional staff. Every attempt to hire someone obligates sacking the current employee!

> Unrealistic difficulty on selling players. I’ve tried almost every tactic out there in the web.

> Volatile rating system. My players’ rating keep shifting. For example, a wonderkind I secured after unanimous comments on forums came on with stupendous rating but soon enough was deemed unworthy by my assistant!

> Nonexistent offers from other teams or countries even after reaching continental status (a whisker away from world class level) and holding a record of 21 titles. I already earned “manage national squad” unlockable.

1) You can only have one staff member per staff role in FMC

2) There are plenty of things you can do to sell players, do bear in mind that not everybody can be sold though for various reasons

3) The rating system is based on the ability of your squad. As the average ability of your squad goes up, its harder and harder to get 4 or 5 star players because your players are already very good.

4) You are paid wages and under contract from your current club. Other clubs will take the compensation into account when shortlisting managerial candidates.

Hi Lucas,

Thank you very much first of all, for your time e quick response.

In reaction to your replies, I would like to take this opportunity to try to understand a few things.

1) It is rather senseless for SI to keep “add manager” button on Vita game and only allow one manager at any one time. To say the least, I didn’t expect that from SI. Same for 2)

3) Can you please give me a few pointers to develop that ability, or perhaps indicate posts or threads where I can learn a bit more?

4) Your answer left me under the impression that it is wiser to loan players to subpar squads so they can top their rates. Did I understand it correctly?

5) I am at Benfica, on a second contract, with an annual salary of 1,7M euro. From a search, I learned that José Mourinho earns over 10M and Carlo Ancelotti earns 7M. It would be great if you could please give me some suggestions. Also I am really eager to receive offers from national squads. Is there anything I can do?

I hope not be much of a nuisance, but could you please help on the “loyalty attribute”. Along with “tendency to national players”, these are the only two attributes that are still brown. What can a do to take them to green and peak?

Again, truly appreciated with your assistance and patient.

Respectfully,

Igor

• Administrators
Hi Lucas,

Thank you very much first of all, for your time e quick response.

In reaction to your replies, I would like to take this opportunity to try to understand a few things.

1) It is rather senseless for SI to keep “add manager” button on Vita game and only allow one manager at any one time. To say the least, I didn’t expect that from SI. Same for 2)

3) Can you please give me a few pointers to develop that ability, or perhaps indicate posts or threads where I can learn a bit more?

4) Your answer left me under the impression that it is wiser to loan players to subpar squads so they can top their rates. Did I understand it correctly?

5) I am at Benfica, on a second contract, with an annual salary of 1,7M euro. From a search, I learned that José Mourinho earns over 10M and Carlo Ancelotti earns 7M. It would be great if you could please give me some suggestions. Also I am really eager to receive offers from national squads. Is there anything I can do?

I hope not be much of a nuisance, but could you please help on the “loyalty attribute”. Along with “tendency to national players”, these are the only two attributes that are still brown. What can a do to take them to green and peak?

Again, truly appreciated with your assistance and patient.

Respectfully,

Igor

1) It is there so you can retire a manager if needed and add a replacement

2) Staff roles have always been this way in FMC, there is no need for additional staff members with the way FMC works

3) I'd suggest starting with giving players playing time to put them in the 'shop window' so to speak. Players on high wages are less likely to be sought after by clubs as only some can afford them.

4) No - a 5 star player for you is somebody who is exceptionally better than you already have. As you improve your squad, what was originally a 3 or 4 star rating is less because your current squad now is better than before. It's to help you identify how to improve your squad but it sounds like you have a good squad already.

5) I'd suggest using the compensation clause in your contract and having a shorter contract length to entice other clubs to come after you. You may need to apply for some jobs to be considered.

If you have a screenshot about your other issues I can explain further.

Hi Lucas,

Thanks!

Ok, as requested I send you image of my FMC 2014 managerial profile, regarding my question on loyalty to players and domestic players bias: http://imgur.com/8mr4aXY.

I thank you in advance for your help on how to improve these two attributes. By the way, I find the attribute of “managing discipline” a bit odd, since I receive – as far as I can remember – fair play award every year. Should I discipline player for sending offs or is a manager supposed to discipline under-average gameplay I order to inflate that attribute?

I haven't found it during gameplay, but after reading other users, please tell me if vita game allows to congratulate players in the action menu? Other games, I remember had that feature, but on FMC2014 for vita I just can't find it...

After reading so much about it, one last question – sorry – is there a FMC 2014 editor for Vita game?

Best regards and great week to you.

• Administrators

Managing discipline is fining and warning players if they get sent off, etc.

There is no editor for the Vita game.

Archived