Players constantly wanting to leave for Rotherham!

Wondered if this has happened in anyone else's game but playing as Southend and now into 2021.

Southend are in 2nd in the Prem and playing in the Champs League yet players are still constantly asking to leave to join of all clubs...Rotherham!

They are also in the Prem but midtable, nothing special has happened there!

Annoyingly this has now distracted my best striker, when i offered more cash he said it was their ambition which he wanted to leave for.

Anyone else seen this, anyway to get rid of it!

The OP hasn't said why his players want to join Rotherham, they will have given a reason & it is a fairly important piece of information.

Annoyingly this has now distracted my best striker, when i offered more cash he said it was their ambition which he wanted to leave for.

This, I believe :p

I looked and they are classed as Rich but so am I... I agree it is a ridiculous rise but ive found you find a super striker cheap from a random country and they fire you up each league!

I understand when its Lyon or someone like that but bloody Rotherham!! I guess the only saving grace is Steve Evans isnt still in charge!

It's starting to make sense.

Next question, are you the type of manager who drives a hard bargain on contracts by keeping the value as low as possible & only extending deals when players ask or another club starts to show an interest? I ask because if players are just about content with their contract they might be more inclined to consider the advances of a recently cash rich club who are throwing money around.

Overpaying a player is a valid way to keep them at your club, you just have to be careful not to get carried away otherwise you end up with fringe or backup players who never want leave & nobody likes a reserve squad with a bigger average wage bill than most senior squads.

Archived