Board went a bit overboard after promotion? Expand AND Build a stadium

wat?

how can they expand a stadium not yet built?

why not just increase the capacity as you go along

OR unless you've moved into a stadium while your new one is being built, and that one is being expanded

or unless they're expanding your current stadium while planning a new stadium, which seems odd to me

edit: didn't see that you didn't own it - so this seems like the most likely outcome

the council are upgrading/modernising the stadium (and making you pay part of it) whilst allowing you to build a new one

Were you promoted? It looks like the price of promotion to the Premier League & the related ground requirements.

That would be my guess as well, considering the "fantastic overall performance in the Championship". ;)

Still a bit unrealistic, though. IRL I guess a club would relocate for the first season until the new stadium was ready. But hey, you get to play at your expanded old stadium for seven months... :D

That construction company that builds an entire new ground within a year may happily report to me at their earliest convenience.

Have a few orders to place for the refurbishing of my apartment :)

To be fair, iirc, the last time AFC Bournemouth built a new ground, it only took a little over a year.

Also, this was certainly less than 20 years before the date in game, so does the 20 year rule only apply to stadia owned by a club?

To be fair, iirc, the last time AFC Bournemouth built a new ground, it only took a little over a year.

Also, this was certainly less than 20 years before the date in game, so does the 20 year rule only apply to stadia owned by a club?

Bournemouths ground only holds 12 people though!

That construction company that builds an entire new ground within a year may happily report to me at their earliest convenience.

Have a few orders to place for the refurbishing of my apartment :)

You might also want to refer them to the Russian and Qatari FAs...

Bournemouths ground only holds 12 people though!

So true. Our balance projection is kinda miserable.

Were you promoted? It looks like the price of promotion to the Premier League & the related ground requirements.

As stated in the title, this happened after promotion from championship to premier league

But hey, you get to play at your expanded old stadium for seven months... :D

Lucky me! :D

Maybe they'll cancel the stadium plans now that they had to expand the old ground... :D

As stated in the title, this happened after promotion from championship to premier league
I need to stop posting on my phone while commuting, knew that promotion had been mention but couldn't see it in the post so thought I'd just imagined that fact.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the planning and construction stage work seperately now? I've not had a stadium built in a few versions, but from memory it went through a year planning phase then x amount of years construction, dependant on finance. So the new stadium might not be finished for a few years. (Again, I'm not too sure on this any more, please correct me if I'm wrong)

The screenshot suggests the board announced in April they are planning a new stadium while in the championship anyway but after promotion to the PL they realised they need to upgrade the existing one to meet requirements until the new stadium is completed.

The screenshot suggests the board announced in April they are planning a new stadium while in the championship anyway but after promotion to the PL they realised they need to upgrade the existing one to meet requirements until the new stadium is completed.

I don't think anyone disagrees on this, the point is that it is completely unrealistic. IRL no club would expand their current stadium to meet requirements if they were already building a new stadium. Surely they would arrange a ground share until the new stadium was ready.

I don't think anyone disagrees on this, the point is that it is completely unrealistic. IRL no club would expand their current stadium to meet requirements if they were already building a new stadium. Surely they would arrange a ground share until the new stadium was ready.

Where though? The closest suitable ground is in Southampton. You are looking at 3 months at a reduced capacity stadium for a relatively cheap price while they are putting up an expansion or 3 months 30 miles away. I am not saying that this is in the game at all, but didn't Bournemouth increase capacity a few years ago with temporary seating?

I am pretty sure I read recently of a continental team (and I cant remember for the life of me who it was) who have built a new (smaller) stadium to be moved into whilst their current stadium is expanded/rebuilt and they will then move back, leaving the smaller stadium as a new training ground

I appreciate not the same completely but effectively means they are constructing two stadiums almost at the same time

Unless I dreamed it!! Will continue to rack my brains!

I am pretty sure I read recently of a continental team (and I cant remember for the life of me who it was) who have built a new (smaller) stadium to be moved into whilst their current stadium is expanded/rebuilt and they will then move back, leaving the smaller stadium as a new training ground

I appreciate not the same completely but effectively means they are constructing two stadiums almost at the same time

Unless I dreamed it!! Will continue to rack my brains!

You are not dreaming it!

HNK Rijeka are doing that. (Thanks Google.)

Where though? The closest suitable ground is in Southampton. You are looking at 3 months at a reduced capacity stadium for a relatively cheap price while they are putting up an expansion or 3 months 30 miles away. I am not saying that this is in the game at all, but didn't Bournemouth increase capacity a few years ago with temporary seating?

Well, if the problem could be solved with movable bleachers or something like that (I know clubs in Denmark that have done something similar), that is of course an option. But 3 months is a very short time and 30 miles is a relatively short distance, so I stand by my statement... ;)

So a quick update on this:

10/11/2015 we got the expansion to use. 17k capasity hooray! 8M well spent

16/06/2016 board finished planning of the new stadium and announced that well will build a new 25k seater costing us 61M.. for 8k extra capasity :D Hope we can atleast expand that further.

Construction expected to be completed 26/6/2018. So construction company wasn't that fast. :( And it makes more sense to use that initial 8M for 2½ years.

Ha, We had a bad streak, 5 straight losses including 8-0 beating from Spurs, but I thought that the team got over it as we started winning again... But it seems Sebastian Rode was left with bipolar disorder :<

kyELRuT.png

Archived