Mikenevo's [FM15+FM16] Keep It Close To Home Challenge

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad :(

It's the worse when it happens in the preseason as well. How much did you lose?

Last time it was saved was before the 45th league game. I replayed and in a twist of fate I won in the playoff final on penalties. In a bit of a dilemma as to whether to continue from this and go in the prem or replay again.

dOsnzVO.png?1

Bad start to the season as a league leading 9 players are out with injuries (5 in the last 2 games). Both my left backs are out for 6-7 weeks and my 3 key players (Baines, Lukaku, and Barkley) are all injured.

Regardless, we've been doing okay in the league and even beat Man City 3-0.

Ouch that is tough, good to see its not affecting the results too much. I only had 3/4 first teamers out on my onjury crisis and that was enough to wobble the form.

So I went for the twist of fate and I will continue with the side in the Premier League alongside fellow East Anglians (and fierce rivals) Norwich. We may reap the rewards financially, but I expect we will really struggle with the side we have and I'd be very surprised if we stay up. I will be investing in youth, of course, and giving my youngsters lots of playing time in the Premier League.

Update to follow with the changes in the save and also a player development/performance review.

So I went for the twist of fate and I will continue with the side in the Premier League alongside fellow East Anglians (and fierce rivals) Norwich. We may reap the rewards financially, but I expect we will really struggle with the side we have and I'd be very surprised if we stay up. I will be investing in youth, of course, and giving my youngsters lots of playing time in the Premier League.

Update to follow with the changes in the save and also a player development/performance review.

As long as you don't get sacked, this could actually be brilliant for your club. Not only does it get an injection of cash, but if your more or less certain that you will get relegated, then playing your youngsters will be great for their development.

Good to hear SMP, good luck for the season.

Finished my first season as Leeds and finished 9th which was in my expectations of the board, so happy with that, nearly made the play offs as well but too many injuries and a players out on loan made it hard to sustain any consistency in form.

Hard luck mate, but at least you hit your targets!

Good to hear SMP, good luck for the season.

Finished my first season as Leeds and finished 9th which was in my expectations of the board, so happy with that, nearly made the play offs as well but too many injuries and a players out on loan made it hard to sustain any consistency in form.

Decent season RB and cheers.

As long as you don't get sacked, this could actually be brilliant for your club. Not only does it get an injection of cash, but if your more or less certain that you will get relegated, then playing your youngsters will be great for their development.

I am gambling with my job to an effect, very risky! Will see what our expectations are and set as low as possible. I have snapped up a couple of players as well as Todd Kane finally joining so ive strengthened a little.

I wish i'd known about the loan + fee method, just starting it now with the rest of my reserves.

I am really enthusiastic about some of my prospects, lets see how they do in Premier League football. In other news, Darren Ambrose will be released. He's been out injured for several months and I'd rather give the slot to a young player.

Am i right in thinking that Affiliates can have an effect on your youth intake?

It depends on how the affiliate is set up, needs to be under the 'give us a chance to recruit some of their youngsters' guild....its along those lines anyway.

PS sorry for the multipost, im on my phone.

Both this challenge and Cornwall are really intriguing me and after a year on holiday on my FM11 save with no job offers...watch this space (I could join in within the hour) - As a question, can I use the England down to level 9 database to access teams in Cornwall other than Truro?

Both this challenge and Cornwall are really intriguing me and after a year on holiday on my FM11 save with no job offers...watch this space (I could join in within the hour) - As a question, can I use the England down to level 9 database to access teams in Cornwall other than Truro?

Not a problem :) Welcome!

After discovering that the only team from Cornwall in the top 9 divisions is Truro and that the St. Ives team is actually based in Cambridgeshire I've decided to do some research into the other nations :) But if nothing tickles my fancy then I will end up taking control of Truro.

CE.Europa.logo.jpg
Club Esportiu Europa is a Spanish sports club, based in the Gràcia district of Barcelona. The club is best known for its football team who in 1929, along with city neighbours FC Barcelona and RCD Espanyol, were founder members of La Liga. They currently play in Group 5 of the Tercera División.

During the late 1990s they won the Copa Catalunya twice in succession, on both occasions beating FC Barcelona in the final.

The club also has one of the oldest basketball teams in Spain and on 8 December 1922 they hosted Laietà BC in the first ever organised basketball game played in the country. During the 1920s the basketball team were also Catalan champions on two occasions.

Fun fact: CE Europa's stadium is just 15 minutes away from Camp Nou.

30925507.jpg

Squad - General Info - Facilities

There is my chosen club! One last question - Do I only sign players born in Barcelona? Or players born in Catalonia?

IpswichAN.gif

Ipswich Town East Anglian Army - 2014/15 Player Review

Play-off 1st Leg ~ Play-off 2nd Leg ~ Play-off Final ~ Signings Confirmed ~ Player Stats ~ Best 11 ~ POTY

I thought I'd start by going over the changes since the crash dump, as you can see this time around we managed to win on penalties in the play-off final to scrape through to the Premier League. I've also confirmed the signing of Todd Kane (Cambridge), who will slot straight into the first team, as well as two local players poached from smaller team - Tommy Atkins (Colchester) and Clive Sutch (Chelmsford). You can see that the player ratings ended up pretty decent considering our 18-14-14 record in the league, but of course plenty to build on going forward into the Premier League! Here's an overview of the first team squad and key youngsters:

Luke Steele (Peterborough) - our first choice keeper and was missed when he was injured. He's actually off to Man City so he's being replaced.

Josh Simpson (Cambridge) - although he has generally been used as a centre-mid in his career, after a bit of training Simpson was consistent enough at right back to become first choice.

Josh Meekings (Bury St. Edmunds) - he started out at Ipswich and he established himself at centre back. Has developed slightly and could easily play right-back if needed.

Matthew Clarke (Ipswich) - one of our best prospects, he got plenty of game time in the 2nd half of the season after being successfully tutored and has developed extremely well. I expect him to feature a lot next season.

Nat Knight-Percival (Cambridge) - worked his way up through non-league with Histon and has been a real versatile player for us, most frequently playing left back.

Michael Morrison (Haverhill) - almost ever present except when suspended. A player I know very well IRL after being a couple of year below him at school and he started at my club Cambridge Utd.

Kyle Hammond (Ipswich) - A good prospect but has spent a lot of time out injured. It will be interesting to see how he develops if he can stay fit.

Ed Upson (Bury St. Edmunds) - has performed excellently as a deep-lying playmaker and has improved attribute wise. He will be first choice for a while.

Luke Hyam (Ipswich) - our club captain is a very decent player and has developed but he has a big problem - diving into tackles! 4 sending offs is a really poor show, I hope he can improve that side of his game. Though you do need players who wear their hearts on their sleeve.

Liam Trotter (Ipswich) - He was fans player of the year and is equally comfortable in MC or AMC. Going forward he will be the Trequartista in the AMC 3.

Ian Henderson (Norwich) - brought in to provide AMC cover, he's got a couple of seasons in him yet.

Luke Berry (Cambridge) - one of my favourite players who IRL is back at Cambridge Utd, I have a soft spot for him so he will feature in the Prem.

Cameron King (Bury St Edmunds) - was a surprise regular first teamer despite not being the most amazing performer he has developed well and will only improve.

Darren Ambrose (Harlow) - Our best player in the first half of the season but he has been plagued with injuries. Darren will be leaving at the ned of the season to make space for some youngsters.

Teddy Bishop (Cambridge) - He is the star of the team, already a top player and he has great potential. I'm looking forward to developing him into, hopefully, a regular England player.

Todd Cantwell (Norwich) - it's hard to tell if Todd will amount to anything, none the less he's got a chance and made a few first team appearances including in the play-off final where he slotted home one of the penalties.

Chris Martin (Lowestoft) - our top scorer with roughly a goal every other game. Some days he was great, others he was poor - I can see that continuing in the Premier League!

George Fowler (Chelmsford) - he wasn't particularly in my mind as he has been overshadowed my Clark, but he has developed really well and could make it into the first team.

Joe Morrell (Ipswich) - brought back to the area he was born, Joe is another potential starlet.

Stefan Broccoli (Peterborough) - we became his 3rd club in 3 seasons after Arsenal and Newcastle. Stefan has potential, but he keeps on falling out with his tutors!

Tom Matthews (Norwich) - equally useful at right or centre-back, Tom is yet another player keeping an eye on.

Angus Gunn (Norwich) - spent a season on loan at Cambridge and will now become our no. 2 after the retirement of Richard Wright (now our u18s GK coach). He was snatched away from Man City.

CE.Europa.logo.jpg

30925507.jpg

There is my chosen club! One last question - Do I only sign players born in Barcelona? Or players born in Catalonia?

You can go for the whole of Catalonia, unless you want to make it even harder and stick to just Barcelona. I've actually managed Europa before and I remember that interesting ground.

You can go for the whole of Catalonia, unless you want to make it even harder and stick to just Barcelona. I've actually managed Europa before and I remember that interesting ground.

I'm going to stick to Barcelona only, it will make the player search screen a lot easier, restarting because I forgot to make my manager Spanish and I'm also going to un-tick 'Add players to playable teams'.

CE.Europa.logo.jpg

Halfway Point - 2013/14

League Fixtures - League Table - Transfers - Squad

A very bright first half of the season, we're predicted to finish 6th and we're just sitting in the promotion play-off places through one goal on goal difference, there are no clear favourites to win the league but as long as we stay around where we are now then I'll be happy.

In terms of squad I got rid of a few including a star player but he played in a position that wasn't in our tactic and wasn't happy in playing out of position. I brought in 12 players, the joint most of any club during the transfer window, all of which were born in Barcelona and all of the squad were born in Catalonia other than our 2nd choice keeper, a backup DC and our start defender and out of those 3 we can only really afford to be without the backup DC.

I am gambling with my job to an effect, very risky! Will see what our expectations are and set as low as possible. I have snapped up a couple of players as well as Todd Kane finally joining so ive strengthened a little.

I wish i'd known about the loan + fee method, just starting it now with the rest of my reserves.

I am really enthusiastic about some of my prospects, lets see how they do in Premier League football. In other news, Darren Ambrose will be released. He's been out injured for several months and I'd rather give the slot to a young player.

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out!

Cheers NF, couldn't sell Dallas which is a shame as he was valued at 6m which would of been good to have to spend on more Yorkshire players.

Good to see you make a nice profit on the transfer front! Things went the opposite way for me...

CE.Europa.logo.jpg

30925507.jpg

Great to see someone start outside the premier league, will be very interesting to see if you can match what Barcelona do on a regular basis!

CE.Europa.logo.jpg

Halfway Point - 2013/14

League Fixtures - League Table - Transfers - Squad

A very bright first half of the season, we're predicted to finish 6th and we're just sitting in the promotion play-off places through one goal on goal difference, there are no clear favourites to win the league but as long as we stay around where we are now then I'll be happy.

In terms of squad I got rid of a few including a star player but he played in a position that wasn't in our tactic and wasn't happy in playing out of position. I brought in 12 players, the joint most of any club during the transfer window, all of which were born in Barcelona and all of the squad were born in Catalonia other than our 2nd choice keeper, a backup DC and our start defender and out of those 3 we can only really afford to be without the backup DC.

Keep up the good work mate! Good to see your squad is almost complete in challenge terms!

If anybody is interested in reading, here is my thread from my Europa career (FM14)....it all started so well!

Nice start Makoto, I hope your career last longer than my Europa career!

Thanks smp! Lets hope so! you made great progress whilst you were there though.

Great to see someone start outside the premier league, will be very interesting to see if you can match what Barcelona do on a regular basis!

Keep up the good work mate! Good to see your squad is almost complete in challenge terms!

Thanks Mike, I've just had the Youth Candidates through and I've got 2 potential first teamers and a couple of potential backups coming through, and I apologise that I get through the game quite quickly so expect quite a few updates :D

Thanks Mike, I've just had the Youth Candidates through and I've got 2 potential first teamers and a couple of potential backups coming through, and I apologise that I get through the game quite quickly so expect quite a few updates :D

Haha not a problem, everyone plays at their own pace! I started before I posted the thread and I've only just reached January 1st of the first season!

Sean an awesome read that mate, Europa should of kept you there for life after what you did, to sack you was messed up, might give them a go after I get bored of my Leeds save.

Thanks, seeing the Europa logo brought back the memories of the save and I just had to dig it up. I hope I don't have the same fate with Ipswich!

I'm sure you will do well, and you are speedier than me :p

Haha not a problem, everyone plays at their own pace! I started before I posted the thread and I've only just reached January 1st of the first season!

Will we be seeing a mid-season update Mike? Really enjoying this save so far.

CE.Europa.logo.jpg

End of Season - 2014/15

Junior Coaching Upgrade - Youth Candidates - Mounir Benali (YP1a) - Carlos Mas (YP1b) - Isidre Brezmes (YP1c)

We had a pretty decent intake with a couple who will make the team and at the end of the season a few have made their first team debuts already with Benjamin (YP1n) scoring 20 seconds into his debut which was 20 seconds after the game against Pobla de Mafumet.

Squad - Daniel Mejias - Oriol Dot - Guillem Cornella - Best XI

There's our squad and our 3 most important players, Oriol Dot will be on his way out though as well as the 6 other players who aren't from Barcelona which will make next season rather interesting in my opinion!

League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2 - League Table - League Player Stats

Gutted to have missed the playoff spots due to our head to head results against Pablo de Mafumet (drew 1-1 at home, lost 3-1 away) but it's probably for the best with the squad getting weaker come the end of the season we'll need another season in this division at the very least as I look to keep what's left of the squad together, in the player stats screen we had the top 3 players for making key passes as well as the player with the best shots on target percentage and the player with the joint 4th best average rating!

Why does there seem to be an abundance of good talent in East Anglia but none in Nottingham :(. As previously discussed, the best Nottingham players are all either retired or at bigger clubs. If was to try to build one off the top of my head. It would be something like this;

1. Scott Loach (Rotherham)

2. James Perch (Wigan)

3. Julian Bennett (Free Agent)

4. Tom Huddlestone (Hull)

5. Wes Morgan (Leicester)

6. Kelvin Wilson (Forest)

7. Jermaine Pennant (Free Agent)

8. Lewis McGugan (Sheffield Wednesday)

9. Leon Best (Brighton)

10. David McGoldrick (Ipswich)

11. Terry Hawkridge (Scunthorpe)

Subs

12. Simon Francis (Bournemouth)

14. Craig Westcarr (Portsmouth)

15. Aden Flint (Bristol City)

16. Craig Clay (Grimsby)

17. Will Hoskins (Oxford)

18. Kieron Freeman (Sheffield United)

19. Jordan Bowery (Rotherham)

20. Tom Cairney (Blackburn)

21. Jacob Mellis (Oldham)

22. Chris O'Grady (Brighton)

23. Shaun Barker (Derby)

Infact there are a few more and that's not a bad team. If Forest had the £5m/£6m they had at the start of the game then it would be incredible because you'd be able to buy a few players.

I might have another crack at it tbh.

Good first season Makoto - nice to see that you are getting rid of the non-barca players early but it will be a challenge.

Forest - looking at that its a pretty decent side, probably better than the East Anglian bar the potential of Teddy Bishop and Matthew Clarke. I've hoovered up pretty much all the East Anglian talent now, so it'll be snatching regens from now on.

Half-season update to come!

IpswichAN.gif

Premier League Debut - 2015/16 Half-Season Review

Results ~ League Table ~ Transfers ~ Player Stats ~Facilities ~ November POTM ~ November YPOTM ~ Norwich Thrashing

I really thought that it was going to be a very bleak season. We only managed to gain 2 points in our first 7 games and our biggest disappointment was the early exit in the League Cup to Oxford, although we did play a very inexperienced side. However, we were able to turn it around and November was a particularly good month - as you can see from the player awards. The biggest surprise has been the emerging form of Cameron King who has been a revelation. Two excellent performances spring to mind, the 3-2 away win against Man City and of course the 4-0 complete obliteration of rivals Norwich, where they didn't have a shot the whole game. We sit comfortably in mid-table and it will be great if we can stay there. In terms of transfers, I've brought in a lot of the remaining East Anglian talent and our biggest signing has been Chris Cohen who was unhappy at Forest after they had a poor season and was in the last year of his contract. He has been great at left back for us. We've had facility and youth system upgrades so its looks like we are in a great position to develop our youngsters. After winning Group 2, our U18s are currently top of the U18 Group 1 South and are looking very promising.

Archived