The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

kor2.jpg

South Korea 2027 Asian Cup report

I quit Ajax CT and Jamaica after the 2026 World Cup, looking for new jobs at both club and country level. But once the South Korean job came up after the tournament, I knew this was the one for me. Not only would it offer me a chance to reunite with the former Jeonnam favourites, but also the squad looked really strong: two of my ex-Jeonnam lads were now playing for Monaco, and others seem to have developed very nicely too.

With the Asian Cup just half a year away, I couldn’t get any decent club jobs so just focused on South Korea and this tournament. I felt like I should really win it, even though South Korea haven’t won it since 1960 – the team is full of quality regens, and should be a match for anyone in Asia. The main problem is that the player pool really suits a 4-5-1 tactic, and I haven’t been able to work this formation out in FM17, so the plan is to start with a 4-5-1 but change to a more trusted tactic if things start going downhill – hopefully before I get knocked out. With the next Asian cup in 4 years’ time, and without a club job, I pretty much have to quit after the tournament, so the pressure is on…

Group stage

Spoiler

South Korea 7 – 0 Philippines. Golals: Kim Sang-Hun(3), Ko Min-Woo (3), Leonora o.g.

Bit of a mismatch, this.

Australia 1 – 2 South Korea. Goals: Lee Sang-Ho, “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon

A close game that gave me a chance to try sort out the tactics a bit more. We prevailed thanks to my Jeonnam hero Lee Sang-Joon. But my first-choice rightback got injured and is out for the rest of the tournament.

South Korea 5 – 0 Vietnam. Goals: “Birdman” Kwak Hee-Seong(2), Park Yong-Woo, “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon (2)

Not like I was expecting any problems here.

Second round (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Korea 3 – 0 Iraq. Goals: Son Heung-Min, Park Yong-Woo, “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon

Felt pretty routine.

Quarter final (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Korea 4 – 1 Qatar. Goals: Ko Min-Woo, “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon(2), Ko Ji-Sung

Knocked the hosts out without too much fuss. Japan up next, who look like the strongest competitor, and beat my group rivals Australia 4-0 in the quarters. Am expecting a tough match.

Semi final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Japan 4 – 5 South Korea. Goals: Ko Ji-Sung, “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon(2), Ko Min-Woo(2)

Oh boy. Where do I begin. 2-0 down after half an hour, I started to check the airline tickets home. Only I don’t have a home because I don’t have a club job… Well, who else comes to the rescue but my hero “Bruce” Lee Sang-Joon. A brace from him, a goal from my chief creator Ko Ji-Sung, and one from the substitute Ko Min-Woo – another Jeonnam lad – and we’re cruising, 4-2 up with 25 minutes to go. What do you know, Japan peg us back to 4-4. Then my sub Ko Min-Woo goes and wins it for us in the last minute of extra time. I go nuts. China await us in the final – another rival nation, but they should be an easier opponent than Japan.

Third place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Korea 3 – 2 China. Goals: Ko Ji-Sung(2), Ko Min-Woo.

A close scoreline but we dominated from start to finish. The creator-in-chief Ko Ji-Sung was the star of the show, scoring after mazy run on 9 minutes, and curling in a 30-yard free-kick to wrap things up. The cup is won, the continent conquered. Can I retire? Nope, still plenty of trophies to aim for in Europe, America and Africa…

After the tournament

Spoiler

Well, that was fun. I even managed to stick it out with a 4-5-1 formation, although the Japan game shows that probably tactically things were less than spot on.

Joining just half a year before a once-in-4-years tournament almost feels like doing a Vike on the international level, if @vikeologist himself allows me to say so. It feels bad to resign now, but I have to, otherwise I won’t find a decent club job. So on we go, to whatever team will take me next.

Edited by dkouv

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two very interesting jobs have just come up. Either would be the perfect next step for me, but i don't know whether to focus on one by going all in with declaring interest or try my luck by applying for both. Feel like that might be held against me, too 

@dkouv Congrats on the Asian Cup. I think you have 9 challenge landmarks now, but if you've reached 10 or more, let me know so I can put you on the leaderboard.

I think we need to define the verb 'to do a vike'. I think it's when you take over a club less than a week before the match where they can win a trophy. When you use it for periods like 6 months you're devaluing my disgraceful opportunism.

May I remind you, the first time I did a vike, it was on the actual day of the second leg of a final. I got the job at midday. We played the final in the evening. Not only did I not know the names of my players, I wasn't even 100% certain which of the two teams I was supposed to be cheering on. I kept looking at the other people in my dugout, whoever the hell they were, and took my cue for celebrating, or not as it turned out, from them. We didn't win, so maybe it was only an attempted vike.

I definitely did a vike in the Libertadores in FM15 though, although that time I took over a whole 4 days and one warm up match before the second leg of the final. I knew the name of the team and everything.

@Danny_H22 I don't think there's any problem applying for 2 teams.

@Crowy Good start in Italy. Hopefully you'll be in serie A the season after next.

Season 5 : 2020/21                Irish Domination, 1 season 4 prices

Second season at Dundalk F.C, and this was a season to remember. Sure Dundalk was seen as favourite in every national competition they entered. But nobody did expect they would win the Premier Divison, the Presidient’s Cup, the Leinster Senior Cup, the Senior Challenge Cup and the League Cup. For the first time ever, 1 club managed to win all possible prices and so this season Dundalk F.C. dominatet the entire football in the Republic of Ireland.

In the Premier Division the club managed to win 22 of 33 matches. In the second half of the season Dundalk F.C. lost 4 matches as the schedule became hectic with matches in several competitions. Having to rest several players in matches meant weakening the team and a few opponents were able to take advantage of that. Still Dundalk F.C. was crowned champions again with a gap of 16 points.

In total Dundalk F.C. entered in 4 different cup competitions in the Republic of Ireland. Only once was a replay needed and once a match was decided by penalties. As no match was lost in any of the cups, Dundalk F.C. managed to add 4 different cups to the Trophy Room.

In Europe Dundalk F.C. did have more problems to win their matches. Last season Dundalk F.C, managed to qualify for the groupstage in the Champions Cup. This season they were close as Havnar Bóltfelag and Sparta Praag were beaten in the first 2 qualification rounds. In the last round it was Molde FK being to strong as both matches ended in a defeat and so Dundalk F.C. was entered in the Euro Cup. The outcome of the groupstage draw saw Dundalk F.C. ending up in Group F together with AS Monaco, Real San Sebastian and Ludogorets 1945 Ragrad. Dundalk F.C, did not manage to survive the groupstage as only the 2 matches against Lodugorets ended in wins. The matches against Real San Sebastian and AS Monaco were lost.

Still this season was a great one as we managed to add 5 cups to the Trophy Room, something that probably will not happen again that easy.

I managed to get my National A Licence in coaching and so now I can aim for a Continental Licence in the future. This should help me with building my career as a manager.

European Football Championship ’20:     France

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Season	Team			Position					Notes
2016/17	Leyton Orient FC	1st	English Sky Bet League 2		Joined in January after 25 matches / Won promotion to Sky Bet League 1
2017/18	Leyton Orient FC	2nd	English Sky Bet League 1		Won promotion to Sky Bet Championship
2018/19	Leyton Orient FC	10th	English Sky Bet Championship		Left Leyton Orient after 27 matches for Dundalk FC
2019	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup
2020	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Club
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues (Rep of Ireland)
1/10 Domestic Cups (Rep of Ireland)
0/5 Club Continental Championships 
0/1 Club World Championship 

International
0/5 Continental Tournaments 
0/2 World Tournaments 

PERSONAL PRICES

Season	Team				Personal Price
2016/17	Leyton Orient FC		Manager of the Month (February/March)
2017/18	Leyton Orient FC		Manager of the Month (October/March) / Manager of the Year
2019	Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May) / Manager of the Year
2020	Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May) / Manager of the Year

Season 2020/21                                                     PLD        WIN        DRN       LST        FOR        AG

Team:                    Dundalk FC

League    :            33           22             7             4             77           25

Other       :            16           15             1             0             39           10

European:            12             6             0             6             24           23

Manager:              Pat van Dijk

Career   :               223         132         52           39           420         213

Vikeologist's 2032/33 Rosario Central & Chile Start and End of Season Report

th?&id=OIP.M6ba742cda958d1db75fd69988d5490edo0&w=299&h=175&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0th?&id=OIP.rja4yQ3NmbpNFHYRU07q7wEsDh&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

I didn’t apply to many jobs over the mid-season break; just Paris SG, which I didn’t even get an interview for. With the signings I made, I was sure that my Rosario Central side was better than ever. Maybe it was, but we went out straight away in the Libertadores to Cruzeiro. 3 of our best players were at the Olympics for the first leg including goal beast Brian Santos who didn’t get a single minute on the pitch and thus came back severely lacking match fitness for the second leg. We should still have won, but what can I say, we didn’t; out on away goals.

It’s not as though we ever got that close to Libertadores success though. 2nd in the group stage both years; last 8 and then last 16.

So I was going to resign, but stayed at the club during the application process for the job at Stade Rennais in France. I've been offered it, and I guess I'm going to take it. They finished 4th last season. Unfortunately they're already out of the Champions League, but in the group stage of the Europa League. PSG and Monaco have both turned me down without an interview, so this is what I can get.

After the European Championship, I applied for lots of top jobs, but was unsuccessful. Russia (who I didn’t apply to) wanted me, but I have stayed at Chile, lost the next 2 qualifiers, and am now 2nd from bottom in the table. It’s unbelievable how bad my Chile side plays. It’s going very, very badly.

@vikeologist Thanks - you're right, that's 9 trophies now; good you mentioned it, gives me that bit of extra motivation for the next club job. And maybe my secondary goal in the challenge now becomes to do a real vike, although I'm not sure my levels of opportunism have reached levels that high yet :) I mean I even stayed with Jamaica for an extra year just to give my golden oldies a nice farewell at the World Cup. Hope your luck turns with the Stade Rennais.

Currently getting turned down left, right and centre. I don't remember it being this difficult to get a job last time I undertook this challenge. Might need to restart and set my sights a bit lower I think.

EDIT - And just like that, the offers come flooding in. Now the question is choosing a destination. Finland, Northern Ireland, China or South Africa?

Edited by numero uno gunner

20 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Hi - after trying a career and a season and a bit with Exeter, I have instead decided to take the plunge into this challenge.

Do I need to post a picture of my profile?

It's good to have one from day one just to show that you've started with the proper age, badges and playing career.  There's no problem in just adding it to your first update, though, you don't have to post it to start the challenge. :)

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the challenge!

Season 5 : 2020/21                Dundalk FC going for 8 titles in a row

At the moment it is no fun for the other teams in the Republic of Ireland as Dundalk FC is too strong. It looks like this team will dominate the Premier Division for the next few season as not only do they have the best squad, they also currently have a very good financial base. So for Dundalk it is very easy to get the best players in the competition. Sure incidents happen and Dundalk FC will not win every match but at the end they will be topping the table.

Also in this first half of the season, it is Dundalk FC taking the lead in the Premier Division. After 16 matches the gap with second place is already 12 points. Also in the 4 cups, Dundalk FC is still playing and seen as favourite to win.

Silverware Season 2019/20

England         :           Champions: Manchester City             English FA Cup:         Chelsea

Germany        :           Champions: Bayern                           German Cup:             RB Leipzig

Spain              :           Champions: Atletico Madrid              Spanish Cup:             Real Madrid

Holland          :           Champions: Feyenoord                     Dutch Cup:                 ADO Den Haag

European Champions Cup                         : Manchester United

Euro Cup                                                       : AS Roma

Euro Super Cup                                           : Manchester City        

Club World Championship                         : Manchester City

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

2016/17	Leyton Orient FC	1st	English Sky Bet League 2		Joined in January after 25 matches / Won promotion to Sky Bet League 1
2017/18	Leyton Orient FC	2nd	English Sky Bet League 1		Won promotion to Sky Bet Championship
2018/19	Leyton Orient FC	10th	English Sky Bet Championship		Left Leyton Orient after 27 matches for Dundalk FC
2019	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup
2020	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup
2021	Dundalk FC			Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup
Club

International
0/2 World Tournaments 

PERSONAL PRICES

2017/18	Leyton Orient FC		Manager of the Month (October/March) / Manager of the Year
2021	Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May)

Season 2021                                                       PLD        WIN        DRN       LST        FOR        AG

League    :            16           14             2             0             33             8

Other       :             8             7             1             0             19             5

Career   :               247         153         55           39           472         226

@kernunos - Why on earth haven't you left Dundalk yet? You've already won both the league and a cup there, and there's no way you're going to take Dundalk to the Champions League (with all due respect!). This is such a long challenge that I'd highly recommend moving on as soon as you can to bigger and better things.

In other news, I've finally landed a job. Hurrah!

@numero uno gunner I have a contract till end of this season. I am not going to sign another contract at Dundalk though they do want me to sign a new one. Also I am waiting to get another coaching license.  I did apply to a few jobs but I did not get the job. So yes, I am planning to move on to a next club when I get the chance but I do not want to resign.

Just now, kernunos said:

@numero uno gunner I have a contract till end of this season. I am not going to sign another contract at Dundalk though they do want me to sign a new one. Also I am waiting to get another coaching license.  I did apply to a few jobs but I did not get the job. So yes, I am planning to move on to a next club when I get the chance but I do not want to resign.

I think you're definitely making the right call if other teams are not trying to hire you.  Leaving the job won't make you more attractive so may as well stay on to the end of your deal!

If you think your tactic will hold during it to not "mess up" your career stats too much (if you care), holidaying is a great way to get through those times where you need a new challenge but don't think you should leave yet.

@kernunos I think you also have to be realistic about what kind of jobs you'll be able to get. It may be that the clubs that would hire you won't have the money to pay compensation.

Anyway if you're enjoying it, that's fine, and you'll probably have more luck once your contract runs out and you leave the club.

If you're not enjoying it though, quit. Your reputation will still be so low that you can't really do much harm to it in my view.

egy_zpssim36m58.jpg

CAF 2033

it's now been 23 years since Egypt picked up the ACON , Elneny is now my assistant coach , Sobhi a potential wonderkid back in the day is now approaching his 36th birthday but their was certainly enough talent within the squad to inspire aspirations of once again becoming African Champions. The Bundesliga was well represented with Abdel Salam , Abdel Galil and El Sayed providing the spine of the team.

Group Stages

Spoiler

Egypt 3 DR Congo 0 - Easy opening victory

Egypt 3 Congo 0    - Comfortably qualify from the group stages

Egypt 0 Tunisia 1  - reserves lost to a late undeserved winner 

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Egypt 4 Morocco 2  - Tough match that required extra time to finally see them off

Semi Final

Spoiler

Egypt 5 Senegal 1 - Very comfortable victory against a Senegal side lucky to get this far into the tournament

Final

Spoiler

Egypt 0 South Africa 1   - Gutted but best team on the day won

Aftermath

Spoiler

International Trophies continue to elude , I had turned down Portugal a few months prior to the tournament in the belief that this squad would break the duck but it wasn't to be.  I've since swapped Cairo for New York with USA been my fifth national team post.

Domestically its looking ever likely that Borussia Dortmund who have won the last two Bundesliga's will relinquish their title this season with FC Bayern , Hoffenheim and Schalke 04 battling it out at the top

Edited by Kaiserwatman

america mex.jpg

Season 10 – 2026/27Club América

Season Review

After the Asian Cup glory, it was back to the job centre for me. My rep or whatever else it is that determines hiring doesn’t seem high enough for the bigger European teams yet – even Hoffenheim rejected me, albeit after an interview. So I was happy when jobs in the Ameircas started coming up, and applied and got the América (MEX) job. I got rejected by them a couple of seasons back, so at least I seem to be making some progress.

They were sitting 8th in the league with 2 games to go, and I qualified for the playoffs quite easily. We then came through all the way to the final, but rather unluckily lost to Pumas in extra time. I was 1-0 up in the away leg - and 3-2 up on aggregate - until their striker scored a 30-yarder with 10 minutes of normal time to play. We then got undone by a cross in extra time. Still, I’m optimistic for next season, we should be right up there after a couple of additions to the squad. We were also still in the quarters of the cup, and I went all the way and won it, adding another trophy to the challenge – that makes it 10 trophies in 10 FM seasons so far.

League Play-off | Cup

Player review

The players at América seem pretty good, even though I’m not quite sure about the general standard of the Mexican league. We got a very solid spine of experienced players, but are somewhat lacking in the full-back and winger departments. I’m currently experimenting with a couple of strikerless formations based on some enticing tactics I found on the forums, so will try to settle on a tactic that allows me to minimise the squad rebuilding.

Top scorer, top avg rating, joint-top assists – Daniel Cantu (M/AMRLC): 17 goals and 8 assists in 46 apps.

Looks a top player and I shall be building the team around him.

Manager progress

55% rep, that’s 5ppts lower than 1 year ago. I’ll try to resign less in the future :D

What’s next

The finances were “insecure” when I joined and I agreed to a “buy young” philosophy in the interview. So I need to ship out some older highly-paid players and replace them with youngsters on lower wages. Can’t afford any of my old Ajax CT team, so am currently scouting around the Americas for talent. Other than that, I want to win the league next season, and qualify and win the NACL within a couple of years (not quite sure how qualification for that works, though…)

Challenge XI

GK: Lee Ki-Ho (Jeonnam, South Korea)

DR: Sergi Palencia (Sheff Utd)

DC: Adama Fofana (Jeonnam)

DC: William Diallo (Ajax CT)

DL: Yassir Belhaj (Ajax CT)

MC: Leonardo Capezzi (Sheff Utd)

MC: Josh Harrop (Sheff Utd)

MC: Ko Ji-Sung (South Korea) – the co-star of my Asian Cup run

ST: Thomas Trujillo (Sheff Utd)

ST: “Birdman” Kwak Hee-Seong (Jeonnam, South Korea)

ST: “Bruce” Lee-Sang Joon (Jeonnam, South Korea)

Subs: Emmanuel Kwaku-Duah (AMC/ST, Jeonnam), Kim Jong-Hyun (DR, Jeonnam/ South Korea)

Club Career:

Season     |   Team           |       Division      |   Position   |     Cups        |   Notes & Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   4/24       |     n/a         |   Took over in December (team in 20th), lost on penalties in playoff final
2017/18    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   1/24       |     n/a         |   Promotion; League 2 points record (104). Moved to Sheffield Utd at end of season
2018/19    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Championship (ENG) |   1/24       |     n/a         |   Promoted
2019/20    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Premiership (ENG)  |   7/20       |     semi        | 
2021       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   5/12       |     n/a         |   Joined when 10th in the league, after a one-year job search
2022       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1/12       |     won         |   Domestic double   
2023       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1/12       | won ACL + cup   |   A historic quadruple
2023/24    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   9/16       | won AfCL        |   A champions league win with an super-thin squad (joined in CL group stage)
2024/25    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   2/16       | won FA cup      |    
2025/26    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   1/16       | won CL + 2 cups |   A quadruple of sorts
2026/27    |   América (MEX)  |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   2/17       | won Mex cup     |   Joined 2 games before play-offs. Lost in play-off final

International career:

Season     |   Team           |  Tournament    |   Notes & Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    |   Greece         |  Euro quals    |   Took over in Autumn
2019/20    |   Greece         |  Euro          |   Quarter-finals; lost to France
2021       |   Egypt          |  WC quals      |   Qualified by beating Nigeria in final group game
2022       |   Egypt          |  WC            |   Quarter finals; lost to Poland on penalties
2023       |   Egypt          |  ACON          |   Lost in semis (Ghana, extra time)
2023/24    |   Jamaica        |  WC quals      |
2024/25    |   Jamaica        |  Gold Cup      |   Winners!
2026       |   Jamaica        |  World Cup     |   Group stage exit
2027       |   South Korea    |  Asian Cup     |   Winners!

Challenge Progress:

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT)
 3/10 domestic cups: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América)
 2/5 club continental championships: Asian CL (Jeonnam), African CL (Ajax CT)
 1/1 club world championship: Jeonnam 2023

International
 2/5 continental tournaments: Gold Cup (Jamaica), Asian Cup (South Korea)
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by dkouv

Season 6 : 2021/22                Domination of the Republic

In my last season as manager of Dundalk FC, I managed to win the Premier Division for the 3rd time. Only this time Dundalk FC did not lose a single match in the competition. With 27 victories and 6 draws we managed to colect 87 points this season and the gap with second place was 11 points. By not losing a single match in the Premier Division, Dundalk FC showed again that they were the dominating team in the Repulic of Ireland.

In the cups we managed to show our domination by winning all cups possible in the Republic of Ireland. For the second season in a row, Dundalk FC did not allow any other team to win a cup.

Like last 2 seasons, we again had to play 3 qualification rounds to qualify for the groupstage of the Champions Cup and again everyone believed we would be out in the first round. But the players showed their best and surprised everyone. UNF Stjarnan, Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi and NK Dinamo found out that Dundalk FC wanted to fight for results and had the quality to do so. We managed to win 5 of the 6 matches in the qualification and 1 match ended in a draw. And so for the second time Dundalk FC managed to reach the groupstage of the Champions Cup and were found in the 4th pot pf the drawing. The outcome of the draw was AS Roma, Olympique Lyonnais and CSKA Moskow. So surviving this group was almost impossible for Dundalk FC. Dundalk FC played 6 matches in Group C of which only 1 was won. All other matches ended in a defeat and so we did not survive the groupstage.

Important for my career was completing another coaching course. In my last months at Dundalk FC I managed to get my Continental C Licence. Hopefully this will help me to find a new job in the near future and while at that club follow another course.

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

2021	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup
Club

International
0/2 World Tournaments 

PERSONAL PRICES

2021	Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May/October) / Manager of the Year

Season 2019                                                       PLD        WIN        DRN       LST        FOR        AG

League    :            33           27            6             0             62         15

Other       :            17           14            3             0             36            9

European:            12              6            1             5             20         22

Career   :               285         179         62           44           538         259

Edited by kernunos

TSG_zpsegq9iacg.png

Following the disappointment of losing the Bundesliga Title after a late goal in Dortmund gave them the league due to head to head results , money had to be spent. Given that Hoffenheim with their superlative academy , probably the best I've ever had in all my years playing Football Manager given out of my first team squad 18 of the 25 are home produced , six of which have been capped by Germany with several others within the German youth ranks out on loan gaining experience within the Bundesliga. The transfer record was broken when Suleyman Sengul a Dutch International of Turkish descent arrived from Juventus for £8.5m to replace the now retired Brazilian Maestro Douglas . This leaving French International Joseph Delauney seen as the old man in the side at a mere 31. 

The season started slowly mainly due to having 8 first team players at the Olympics , Champions Dortmund were pretty much in the same boat allowing FC Bayern who were now managed by Diego Simeone , the guy who I've had the most problems overcoming whilst at Deportivo Alavés to gain a small lead at the top of the table . Schalke 04 were also proving to be in the hunt for honours come the turn of the year. Champions Dortmund though had a mountain to climb if they were to make it three in a row been 6 points adrift. All was well , the champions league group was safely negotiated though on paper its looked extreme with Chelsea , Inter and PSG though none of those sides are anything like they are now , then it came - Heinz Altmayer , a German international striker who had come through the ranks , 23 , top scorer in the Bundesliga declared his need for a bigger club. Unable to turn him round Heinz was sold to PSG for a fee rising to £66m on deadline day with Demiro Simonetta who was lethal for Lazio before his £22m move to AC Milan where he fell out with staff and was regarded a flop arrived for a new transfer record of £14m. 

Simonetta netted on his debut against Union Berlin before bagging two against his former employees as Hoffenheim progressed in the Champions League. The French league at this point is a complete joke in terms of European football and drawing Marseille in the quarter final was pretty much seen as a bye and so it proved. FC Bayern defeat the champions Athletic Bilbao as Borussia Dortmund ended Arsenal's aspirations.  A nervy 1-1 draw at the Westfahlonstadion ensued before a Simonetta hattick in a 3-2 home win ended Dortmund's double aspirations as they were still in the Pokal. They did though defeat FC Bayern in the league to turn the tables giving Hoffenheim the knowledge that victory over Eintracht Frankfurt would secure the league title. The league was gone but a double was still on the cards for FC Bayern and Simeone and so it was for Hoffenheim with Thuram

At the Millennium Stadium Simonetta's early strike was cancelled out as the teams went into half time all square. Spanish midfielder Ramos who was signed on a free from Real Madrid in the summer put Hoffenheim in front before Simonetta increased the margin , Bayern piled forward and were unlucky not to pull at least one back after hitting the post but left back Shkodran Lika added a undeserved fourth into stoppage time . Simonetta won the UCL Golden Boot despite only playing since January whilst Altmayer still finished 5th in the Bundesliga top scorers list despite only playing 5 months . I am excited about this side and the youth coming through where 4 17 year old's made their first team debuts and it will be hard leave but it will take over from Deportivo Alaves as the longest served club due to the Club World's later in the year. 

I am now rated as unambitious ,was previously loyal which is a shame as i have never bothered progressing my badges beyond Continental C as i have no desire to manage top clubs.

Untitle_zpswltuzqn7.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

@kernunos Congrats. I know from my experience with Lahti in Finland that once you're getting champions league money, you feel invincible. I wonder if you leave, your successor will screw things up as quickly as mine in Lahti did, and again, you must leave now. For the love of God, let them go. If you want to succeed in this challenge, you must resist the addictive drug of winning, and go to another club and start from scratch with rubbish, geriatric, overpaid players ruining your career because they're incapable of doing even one thing correctly on the pitch.

@Kaiserwatman Congrats on the double, though I know how gutting it is to come up short in the ACON final.  I'm now managing in France, and it hadn't occurred to me to look and see how other French teams are doing in Europe, but in my save they're doing pretty damn well; apart from us. We're stinking up the joint.

@dkouv Welcome to the leader board. Do you try out lots of different tactics throughout the challenge? I tend to stick to one, although things were going so badly with Chile, I decided just to make a formation based on the best positions of my 11 best players (more or less) even though it was a silly over-attacking formation; that turned out to be genius and has turned our results around.

@vikeologist My contract ends 31-12-2021 and though the board keeps asking for a meeting to talk about a new contract, I keep telling them that I am not wanting a new contract. So I am going to leave Dundalk FC soon and I hope I will find a new team to manage. I am aiming for Australia, China or South Africa but if it might be that it will be an European team again though. So it means that Dundalk FC will have to look for a new manager and I will keep an eye on them and see what is going to happen. Dundalk FC now does have almost € 28.000.000 in the bank.

Pug's Season Update 2021-22

zXhzOjT.png

So After Bringing In A Couple Of Players So I Could Play My Normal Formation, Also Moving On A Lot Of Dead Wood. Transfers. The Season Didn't Start

To Well Losing 3 Of My First 4 Games, Which Left Me Feeling It Was Going To Be A Struggle. But Then We Went On A Amazing Run Of 18 Games With Out

Defeat. We Won The Title With 6 Games To Go To Claim Another Trophy .Results 1  Results 2.

In The Copa Do Brazil 4th Round We Beat CRB 8-0 On Aggregate. In The Q-Finals Over 2 Legs Was A 9-0 Win Over Criciuma. Up Next Was A Semi-Final

Against Corinthians And A 9-1 Win. In The Final We Played Botafogo And A 2 Legged 8-2 Win Means We Completed The Double .Copa Do Brazil Results.

In The Copa Libertadores We Made It All The Way To The Semis .Copa Libertadores Results.

The Other Small Regional Leagues Before The Main Season, Which Don't Count Towards This Challenge Were Won .Campeonato Carioca  Liga Sul-Minas-Rio.

Season Review   Managers Job History   Also Entered The Hall Of Fame.

-----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2017/18    Ulsan Hyundai       Won
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Gladbach            Won            Won         Won
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2021/22    Fluminense          Won            Won
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation   Cups                                                                     Others & Notes
                 World Cup   Confed Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2018/19 Nigeria                                          Won
2019/21 USA                                                     Won
  Challenge Progress

Club

3/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil)
3/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil)
3/5   Continentals Cups (Ulsan-Gladbach-Fluminense)
1/1   Club World Cup (Ulsan)

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA)
0/2   World Tournaments

Season 6 : 2021/22                A South African adventure

After leaving Dundalk FC at the end of the competition, I started a search for a new club. It was not easy to find a club at the highest level and so I decided to take a step back. I was lucky Cape Town All Stars was looking for a manager and willing to give me the chance. When I joined the club, the were at second spot in the National First Division. They were 3 points behind the team at the first spot. A play-off spot was almost secured but we wanted to win direct promotion to the highest level in South Africa. So it was important that we would get results in the last 4 matches and hopefully the number 1 team would make a mistake. We were able to put pressure on that team as we won 10 points in these 4 matches. Good news was that the team at the top of the table lost twice in the last 4 matches and so we win the title and promotion to the Premier Soccer League.

Silverware Season 2021/22

England         :           Champions: Manchester City             English FA Cup:         Chelsea

Germany        :           Champions: Dortmund                      German Cup:             Bayern

Spain              :           Champions: Atletico Madrid              Spanish Cup:             Real Madrid       

Holland          :           Champions: Ajax                                Dutch Cup:     Feyenoord

European Champions Cup                         : Real Madrid

Euro Cup                                                       : SL Benfica

Euro Super Cup                                           : Manchester United       

Club World Championship                         : Manchester United

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

2021	Dundalk FC		1st	Irish Premier Division			Won President’s Cup, Leinster Senior Cup, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup
2021/22	Cape Town All Stars	1st	S.A. National First Division		Joined team when they were at 2nd position in the First Division. Direct promotion to S.A. Premier Soccer League
Club

International
0/2 World Tournaments 

PERSONAL PRICES

2019		Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May) / Manager of the Year
2020		Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May) / Manager of the Year
2021		Dundalk FC			Manager of the Month (March/April/May/October) / Manager of the Year

Season 2019                                                       PLD        WIN        DRN       LST        FOR        AG

League    :               4            3            1             0              9            4

Career   :               289         182         63           44           547         263

@vikeologist I have to admit in all my years of playing FM I never quite mastered the tactical side, so usually if I find something that works - either myself or using stuff posted on forums - I tend to stick with it. But in this challenge I've been trying to change things a bit from club to club so I don't always have to buy and ship out a load of players. Mind you, so far I've usually ended up going back to some version of the 4-3-3 I was using with Accrington! :) Still, I was using a strikerless tactic with Sheffield Utd and at some point with Jamaica, with varying degrees of success - so feel like giving it another go with Club America. But let me assure you, there's nothing very sophisticated going on here!

Danny_H22 2025 Season Review

1024px-Beijing_Guoan_FC.svg.png

In all honesty, I felt like I was just going through the motions this season whilst waiting for my next club move. The Orlando Pirates and Colo Colo jobs became available at the same time and I saw both as perfect next steps so put forward my name for them. Sadly I didn’t get either job, although did get an interview for the Colo Colo job. Other than these jobs, nothing else took my fancy and I ended up staying in China for the whole season.

On a personal level, I have moved into the 3rd spot in the Chinese HoF and would probably take the top spot if i stayed a further season.

Ping An CFA Super League- It was much the same as last season, with us winning the league early and finishing 18 points clear of second place. Only one loss all season.

Yanjing Beer Chinese FA Cup- Terrible. We lost to Changchun in the quarter-finals.

Changon Ford CFA Super Cup- Easy 3-1 win over Changchun saw us lift the Super Cup again.

AFC Champions League- Ulsan, Urawa Reds and Western Sydney Wanderers made up our group, which we won with 14 points. This was followed up with a 4-1 win over Jeju before drawing Jeonbuk in the quarter-finals. In an embarrassing performance, we lost both legs 1-0 and were sent crashing out. Really disappointed.

CSL All Star Game- A terrible performance from us and we ended up losing 2-0 in a game where we really didn't threaten. 

Top Goalscorer- Roman Yaremchuk again. 43 goals in 45 games isn’t as impressive as last year, but he did have a couple injuries and spent more time on international duty.

Most Assists- Wei Shihao with 20 assists and 22 goals in 45 games. Really good season.

Highest Avg. Rating- Yaremchuk finished with a 7.75, a slight decrease from last season.

Most POM- Yaremchuk with 11.

International- Left Jamaica and moved to Egypt. I have just won my group and qualified for the World Cup where i will meet Brazil, South Korea and Wales.

Like I said, I felt like I was going through the motions all season so will definitely be moving on. Going to move to a month to month contract and make the jump when something comes along.

Season       Team             Position         Continental       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Newtown          8th                  -              Took over in November
2017/18      Newtown          3rd                  -             
2018/19      Newtown          3rd       First Qualifying Round    Won theWord Cup and Manager of the Year
2019/20      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup and JD FAW Welsh Cup. Retained the Manager of the Year
2020/21      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup
2021/22      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup and County Antrim Shield. Unbeaten league season. Won Manager of the Year
2022/23      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup, County Antrim Shield and Challenge Cup. Won Manager of the Year.
2023         Beijing Guoan    5th                  -              Took over after 15 games. Won Chinese FA Cup. Won CFA Best Manager
2024         Beijing Guoan    1st       Won Champions League      Won Chinese FA Cup and Super Cup. Won CFA Best Manager.
2025         Beijing Guoan    1st       Quarter-finals            Won Super Cup.

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (TNS- Welsh Premier League 2020, 2021, Linfield- Danske Bank Premiership 2022, 2023, CFA Super League- Beijing Guoan 2024, 2025)
 3/10 domestic cups (Newtown-theWord Cup 2019, TNS- theWord Cup 2020, 2021, JD FAW Welsh Cup 2020, Linfield- Northern Ireland Football League Cup 2022, 2023, County Antrim Shield 2022, 2023, Irish Football Association Challenge Cup 2023, Beijing Guoan- Chinese FA Cup 2023, 2024)
 1/5 club continental championships (Beijijng Guoan- Asian Champions League 2024)
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 
 0/2 world tournaments 

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018/19      Togo             Appointed manager of Togo
2019/20      Togo             Knocked out of World Cup Qualifiers in second round
2020/21      Qatar            Won WAFF Championship
2021/22      Qatar            Qualified for The World Cup. Knocked out in first round
2022/23      Senegal          Lost in quarter finals of African Cup of Nations. Fired
2023         Jamaica          Took over in July. Won CONCACAF Cup
2024         Jamaica          5th place in Caribbean Cup
2025         Egypt            Qualifed for the World Cup

HUNAN S(MOG) C(LOUDS)

Well, you asked me to update on any peculiarities based on my special setting (FMT16, 3 countries loaded: China, Chile, South Africa). Well, while overhauling my squad it became pretty obvious that the combination of loading three countries from three different regions with a very local scouting range (East Asia only) is NOT helpful… Two of my three foreign superstars left (and the third wants to) and I can’t replace them properly. I could try to go through the Chilean and SA leagues and find some replacements without scouting them but first attempts showed that the Chinese 2nd tier is not too convincing. So despite a decent budget I seem to be stuck with a more or less all-Chinese side. At least that makes the squad quite balanced… Still I will at least add South Korea as soon as possible to get something to scout.... 

On the other hand I do manage as crappy as the green 21-year-old that I ought to be. All adding to realism, I suppose. I totally lost sight of the rule that only up to 5 domestic players over 21y can be bought in one transfer window. That came up while I was trying to fill the gap in MC that those foreign traitors left. Should have done that first as the gap is HUGE. :rolleyes:

Well, we’ll see what the season brings with a balanced domestic squad with no central midfield…

Hi guys, due to an issue with my save (players not loading when adding new leagues/nations) I've had to start all over again, This time I've added all the nations I want to play in from the start so I don't get the same issue. I've added some usual suspects and then some different nations to make sure I can complete all the necessary competitions.

341691843b231dbe6d68da9720dcbff0.png

And here is the manager, a pretty horrid looking bloke for a 20 year old!

8b31982a18fe4b11fec0d3ef175dc478.jpg

Now it's time to go looking for a job and start this challenge AGAIN!!!!

The First Club

It hasn't taken too long to find a job that interests me, I had a few offers from lower Chinese clubs but as I said above I fancied changing the way I do things and start with a British club and try and build my rep up that way. So when Tranmere came calling I had a little think and decided to go with it.

Image result for tranmere

Tranmere have had a pretty bad start to the Conference season finding themselves in 17th place after 17 games (they are predicted 4th).

118b56be836246f46aaddb74fe0dbcc8.png

So we are performing very poorly but the squad overall looks pretty decent, there is no reason why we can't go on a good run and start pushing for the play-off spots.

Here is the 1st team squad:

563bbd70a3589a8edc7ec505d7972896.png

And here are the reserve and youth team squads:

b02855b9878ca498810049c61506f52b.png2def06e100dcf1678a3ee54a1fcf35b1.png

So it looks good, one of the philosophies the board set me was the bring in youth players via the academy so will be attempting to do this along with trying to improve the facilities.

Tranmere have fell away in the last few years, they were in the Championship in 2000 and only fell out of the League in the 2014/15 season.

d196732bbc988984bca5c2dfeaf1c226.png

The ground is good for this level, hopefully we can try and fill the ground as much as we can which will bring in much needed revenue.

91ac8420d335330880891d7ce27bb00e.png

I am updating this save more regularly on the Careers section as I like to do monthly updates so go and check it out there as for updating on here I will do an end of season review like what everyone else does.

Hiya, doing my own mini version of this challenge, due to me never usually progressing many years into the future! 

Anyways, I have just accepted a job at Guangzhou in China in March 2019, unfortunately after the squad registration! Having never managed in China before it is all new! But the squad is full of chinese youngsters, mainly 16-17! And the majority of big players, or foreign players are unregistered? For both the league and continental competition!

Just wondering if it is normal for the core of the squad to be soo Young? Looks like I'll have to struggle till the first transfer window and go and strengthen the squad 

1410465414_fc-roma.png

Roma Season 2032/33 Report

So I decided to stay on at Tigres rather than quit after reading the discussions on this thread, and I ended up staying on all the way into the start of the next season. We won the Closing stage and finished runners up in the NACL in that time even though I instant-resulted every match. I finally managed to get the job at Roma, the winners of last season's Serie A after being rejected from positions at Juventus, Schalke and PSG. I was able to keep my Brazil job though which is nice. When I examined the squad, I realised that Roma must have pulled off an incredible victory to win the league last season as their squad was nowhere near what I would expect of a top European club. Additionally, the caretaker manager had blown about 30 million euros on completely useless players before I arrived... So I was left with about 25 million which apparently goes absolutely nowhere in 2032, so my only signings were an incredibly expensive loan for a centre midfielder and one of my former players, wide man Sibusiso Zungu on a free which was a fantastic move however Roma had apparently used up all their non-EU slots already so he was unable to play a single game. I brought in 35 year old Renato Sanches in January who is probably the last real player i'll sign in this save. The season overall was very disappointing as the Roma side of the 2030s seems to be just like the Arsenal side of today. Not only did we finish 4th, we were knocked out of the Champions League in the round of 16 by one of the best teams and we continually looked great for a few games at a time followed by a completely pathetic performance.

Serie A- From start to finish we were decent but not great. The two Milan clubs were out in front all season followed by us and Juventus, then a massive gap down to 5th. That was also how it finished, with Inter winning the title by 3 points followed by AC Milan, Juventus then Roma all tied on points. Serie A obviously doesn't consider goal difference to be the deciding factor as ours was the best in the league as we smashed the goal scoring records, but apparently results between teams counts and our awful performances against Juventus and AC meant we finished only in 4th, my worst league finish so far in this challenge.

Supercup- a 1-0 loss to Juventus. Another disappointment.

Cup- beat Ternana and Inter before losing to Lazio in the semi finals. Yet another disappointing performance.

Champions League- we actually managed to win our group containing Man United, Athletic Bilbao and Legia Warsaw, but of course drew Schalke (Gelsenkirchen) who have won the Bundesliga 5 times in a row now and somehow finished only second in their group. We won the first leg 2-1 away then were 2-0 up at home before conceding three consecutive goals and giong out on away goals. So so disappointed not only that we went out but the fashion that we were beaten.

Results Results 2

Best Players: Top Goalscorer- Jose Ismael Calderon (29 goals, 10 assists) not a bad season for my best striker who spent a considerable time out injured.

Most assists, highest avg rating, most POM- Micheal Baumann (18 goals, 19 assists, 9 POM, 7.80) Our best player this season, the Swiss wide man was clearly too good for this disappointing side. Would have even better stats if the rest of the team played to his level.

So if a better job in the big 5 comes up, I will most definitely apply as I have no real allegiances to Roma and this was not a particularly enjoyable season. This squad needs a lot of work if its going to challenge for the title once again! On the international side of things, the confederations cup is coming up soon so expect an update on that shortly!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through the season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st          CHAMPIONS x2         Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             2nd KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification

Challenge Progress

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres)
 6/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres)
 3/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil)
 0/2 world tournaments 

International:
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying.
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned.
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned.
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup

Edited by Fadedaf
spelling

Vikeologist's 2032/33 Stade Rennais & Chile End of Season Report

th?&id=OIP.3TNaSfHK7HMa43ITGm5R-AHgEs&w=300&h=187&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0th?&id=OIP.rja4yQ3NmbpNFHYRU07q7wEsDh&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

TL;DR – No money, not enough players, won a cup

(I know that we’re not supposed to use text speak on the forums, but I think that TL;DR is one of the common ones, and I tend to go long, so really if I start using it, it’s a mercy to everyone on this thread.

My toughest season yet, and it was my fault. I took over Stade Rennais (early in the season) without doing enough due diligence, and the club was a mess.

I did check that they had the players to fit the formation I wanted to play, but when I took over it became apparent that the club’s salary bill was way too high, and going to over the hill has-beens. There was no money, so I sold a lot of players.

I used all the money I made from sales on 1 roll of the dice, my goal-machine from Rosario, Brian Santos. He didn’t arrive until January, and then spent much of the second half of the season picking up silly injuries. He was never injured at Rosario.

Anyway, once I’d got rid of as much dead wood as I could, I had no money (either for transfers or wages), and no players. I didn’t have to put 2 goalkeepers on the sub’s bench, but it came fairly close.

I sold (maybe) my best player for £17 million, but this was after the transfer / registration deadline.

Despite all this, or maybe because, it was a successful season, because we won the Coupe de la Ligue, and therefore qualified for Europe, despite 4 of our first team being injured.

I was overjoyed at this, because I hadn’t bothered to apply for other jobs during the season, because we’d already qualified for the final, for which we had a long wait.

I did actually apply for 2 other jobs; Corinthians about 2 weeks after becoming manager at Stade once I realised what a mess I’d walked into. (They turned me down saying that giving me a job so soon after taking over at Stade wouldn’t reflect well either on me or them; a message I’d never seen on FM). If I’d known the job at Corinthians was going to come up, I wouldn’t have taken the Stade job.

I also applied for Dortmund, on the basis that it would be an offer that I couldn’t refuse, but the offer didn’t even extend to an interview.

I probably will stay at Stade now. With more dead wood (and good players paid like they’re world class) leaving and retiring at the end of the season, I hope that next season will be successful. I’ll definitely be checking the job vacancies often though.

Once we won the cup, though getting to 4th would have given us a better Europa League spot, the league was a lot less stressful. There’s a huge gap between the top 2 and the rest. We were one of a large number of mediocre clubs. We picked up 62 points, which is barely more than a point and a half per match, but we were much better in the second half of the season.

Top Goalscorer – Jhonstin Rodríguez 25 goals. Probably would have scored more but picked up a serious injury near the end of the season. 31 now, and the injury is aiding his decline. Hopefully he has another season left in him.

Best Average Rating – Brian Santos 7.45 The above mentioned recruit from Rosario who joined midway through the season. I suspect he wasn’t top in this category until he scored 5 goals in our meaningless last league match, but I spent a fortune on him, so I hope he is as successful here as he was in Argentina.

Man of Match – Sergio Calzola – 7 Our right winger and highest paid player, so I’m certainly on the lookout for his replacement.

MVP – Probably Calzola, who was fantastic in the cup final.

The job I should have left (after vacancies became available after the African Cup) was Chile. We probably still will qualify for the World Cup, though it’s going to be a close call. I’d changed my tactics, and picked up a few good results, but it was a false dawn.

The problem with Africa is that there are so many teams that win the African Cup. South Africa won this time (with a host of my ex-Pirates), and that’s 9 African Cups in my save, and 9 different winners.

I can’t tell which nation is likely to be dominant in 2 years, so if I take over an African nation I probably stand about a 1 in 8 chance, and despite Argentina and Brazil, my chances with Chile would have been about that for the Copa America, if we’d continued our run of form under my new tactics. However, we’ve lost out last 2 matches, there’s been no Chilean regens for about 5 seasons, and it doesn’t look good.

Domestic
Season	Team					Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
2016	FC Lahti				10th		Just 9 points from the 10 matches remaining after I took over
2017	FC Lahti				3rd		Qualified for Europe
2018	FC Lahti				1st		First domestic title
2019	FC Lahti				1st		The double. First domestic cup
2020	Jeonbuk					1st
2021	Jeonbuk					2nd		Knocked out of CL in semis
2022	Jeonbuk					1st		League / FA Cup / Champions League Triple. CWC 3rd place
2023	Minnesota Utd				14th
2024	Minnesota Utd				7th		Lost on penalties in Western Conference Semifinal
2025/6	Orlando Pirates				3rd		Knockout Cup Winners, failed to qualify for Champions League
2026/7	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super 8, Knockout Cup, Nedbank Cup. Won everything basically.
2027/8	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super8, Nedbank Cup. Confederation Cup losing finalists.
2028/9	Orlando Pirates				n/a		African Champions League. Left mid-season with the team on track for the threepeat.
2028/9	Rosario Central				18th		Took over for last 2 matches of the season.
2029/30	Rosario Central				1st		4th domestic title
2030/31	Rosario Central				1st	
2031/32	Rosario Central				1st		Threepeat, Copa Argentina, Lost in Libertadores Q/F
2032/33	Rosario Central						Left after 4 matches because we'd been knocked out of the Libertadores.
2032/33	Stade Rennais				7th		Coupe de la ligue

International
Year	Team					Achievements	
2019-21	Nigeria					None
2021-23	DR Congo				2022 World Cup - R2, 2023 African Cup Losing Finalists
2023-25	Chile					None
2026-27	South Korea				Asian Cup winners
2027-29	South Africa				Lost in African Cup Q/F
2030-31	Brazil					Lost in Copa America final
2031-	Chile

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina)
 4/10 domestic cups 			(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina, France)
 1/5 club continental championships 	(Asia)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(Asia, Africa)
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by vikeologist

br@cbf2.gif

Faded's 2033 Confederations Cup Report

Time for another international tournament with Brazil! I'm getting to know the squad more and more and i'm really enjoying my time with them now, so would love to be able to win this confederations cup. The other teams to qualify this time are: Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Spain, Japan, Nigeria, USA and us. We've been drawn into a group with Australia, New Zealand and Spain. I think we have a great chance to challenge for the trophy here and tick another one off the list for the challenge.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Brazil 4-1 New Zealand (goals from Fabri, Rodney, Hugo, Duarte) A decent performance despite a shaky start. This is a pretty weak NZ team so it was always going to be a win. As an Australian it always feels good to beat these guys.

Brazil 3-0 Australia (goals from Camilo, Roberto, Carlao) Another decent performance against my country of birth. They put up slightly more of a fight but still a comfortable win. The last goal from Carlao was scored from literally 55 yards out as he hit a volley straight over the keeper's head.

Brazil 3-2 Spain (goals from Carlao x2, Hugo) What a game! we were 2-0 down at half time but 3 late goals saw us come all the way back and win it against a very good Spain side led by the winner of the last couple Ballon D'ors Toni Alsina.  Onto the semis where we are facing Belgium!

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 1-0 Belgium (goal from Carlao) we got revenge on the Belgium side that knocked us out in the semi finals of the last World Cup with another good performance. A brilliant goal from Carlao secured the win. We are facing Spain again in the final.

3rd Place Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 2-1 Spain (goals from Chiaretti, Fabri) Another excellent game and we've won another international trophy! we went 1-0 up then were pegged back shortly after half time. We gave away a penalty not long after which 'keeper Betinho saved brilliantly before Conrado Fabri scored an excellent header up the other end a few minutes later. This proved to be the winner as we held on pretty easily to become Confederations Cup champions! 

Aftermath

Spoiler

A great win and i'm very glad to have won the Confederations Cup at the first attempt. I can imagine how hard it would be if this was the last trophy you needed for the challenge so I'm relieved to have won it pretty early on. I'm very proud of my Brazil side and I think we will have another good showing at the World Cup next year.

2016/17 National League - Tranmere Rovers

Image result

I took over around a third of the way through the season with the team languishing in 17th place, we were expected to end 4th so even though we weren't doing well I fully expected a decent run of results if we could improve morale.

The first thing I did was go out and bolster the defence as we were very short and also signed a new defensive midfielder:

The signings seemed to work and we went on a fantastic run and with 5 games to go we sat in 4th, we then fell apart gaining only 3 points, falling to 8th.

656f8b385383085416febb2b0b1a95df.png

Results from when I took over

Cups

FA Cup - Smashed 5-0 against Coventry in the 1st Round

FA Trophy - My first trophy, I was determined to win something this season to up my rep. We breezed into the semi-final, scraped past Aldershot then beat AFC Fylde 1-0 in the final

Players

Top Goalscorer - James Norwood - 34 goals in 42 starts, he was by far my best player and will be pivotal next season

Top Average Rating - James Norwood!

Player of the Season - James Norwood!

The Whole Squad

Next Season

A huge disappointment to collapse at the end but the players showed enough that with a full season we can be near the top next season. The squad is good and with a full pre-season and some tweaks to tactics I have huge confidence in promotion.

Manager Rep

I asked the board for me to start doing my first coaching badge, they refused stating they didn't want me improving in case I left for a better club! 

Current Rep - 5%

Badges - None

Domestic
Season	Team			Division		Position		Notes						Challenge 		Landmarks
16/17	Tranmere		National League		8th				

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 		
 0/10 domestic cups 			
 0/5 club continental championships 

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Danny_H22 2026 Season Review

1024px-Beijing_Guoan_FC.svg.png

My plan had been to let my contract run down at the end of last season and stay on a monthly one until a new job became available. I didn’t realise that I actually had another year left and thus couldn’t do that. I decided rather than handing in my notice and stepping away, I would stay in Beijing and apply for any job in which I saw potential. I had interviews at many big clubs, including Orlando Pirates and some MLS teams, but all of them decided to go with someone else. Then in August, a club who I interviewed at last season sacked their manager and I decided to go for it again. After a successful interview, my time at Beijing was over and I was heading off on a new adventure.

On a personal level, I have increased my reputation to 60% and became good at Chinese.

Ping An CFA Super League- After 26 games, Beijing once again sit atop of the league. We had a tougher start than the previous season and had lost four league games at the point of leaving. We were three points clear at the top of the league with Shanghai SIPG in second. I really would have liked to have stayed a few more games in order to guarantee us the league again.

Yanjing Beer Chinese FA Cup- I took Beijing to the semi-finals where they will play Yifang for a place in the final.

Changon Ford CFA Super Cup- Exciting 3-2 victory over Chongqing saw us win the Super Cup for the third year in a row.

AFC Champions League- Beijing will play Jeonbuk in the quarter finals after we beat out Melbourne City in the 2nd round. Much better than last season’s performance and Beijing stand a really good chance of winning the Champions League again.

Top Goalscorer- Roman Yaremchuk, obviously. 37 games and 37 goals.

Most Assists- Wei Shihao with 15 assists and 8 goals in 35 games.

Highest Avg. Rating- Yaremchuk was on 7.71 when I left the club.

Most POM- Yaremchuk had already tied his total for the previous season with 11 when I left.

International- It was World Cup year and we had a tough group with South Korea, Wales and the mighty Brazil. In the shock of the tournament, we ended up topping the group with 3 victories out of three. A fairly lucky 2nd round draw saw us line up against El Salvador who we beat 3-1. Sadly, our run came to a sudden halt in the quarter finals when Argentina tore us apart in a 4-0 loss. We might not have come close to winning the tournament, but I was really happy with our showing.

Prior to this, we went all the way in the African Nations Championship, beating Ghana 6-0 in the final. This doesn’t count towards the challenge progress but its always good to win something.

Season       Team             Position         Continental       Notes and Achievements     
2016/17      Newtown          8th                  -              Took over in November
2018/19      Newtown          3rd       First Qualifying Round    Won theWord Cup and Manager of the Year
2019/20      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup and JD FAW Welsh Cup. Retained the Manager of the Year
2020/21      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup
2021/22      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup and County Antrim Shield. Unbeaten league season. Won Manager of the Year
2022/23      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup, County Antrim Shield and Challenge Cup. Won Manager of the Year.
2023         Beijing Guoan    5th                  -              Took over after 15 games. Won Chinese FA Cup. Won CFA Best Manager
2024         Beijing Guoan    1st       Won Champions League      Won Chinese FA Cup and Super Cup. Won CFA Best Manager.
2025         Beijing Guoan    1st       Quarter-finals            Won Super Cup.
2026         Beijing Guoan     -                   -              Left in August with the club top of the league. Won Super Cup.

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (TNS- Welsh Premier League 2020, 2021, Linfield- Danske Bank Premiership 2022, 2023, CFA Super League- Beijing Guoan 2024, 2025)
 3/10 domestic cups (Newtown-theWord Cup 2019, TNS- theWord Cup 2020, 2021, JD FAW Welsh Cup 2020, Linfield- Northern Ireland Football League Cup 2022, 2023, County Antrim Shield 2022, 2023, Irish Football Association Challenge Cup 2023, Beijing Guoan- Chinese FA Cup 2023, 2024)
 1/5 club continental championships (Beijijng Guoan- Asian Champions League 2024)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

International:
2019/20      Togo             Knocked out of World Cup Qualifiers in second round
2021/22      Qatar            Qualified for The World Cup. Knocked out in first round
2022/23      Senegal          Lost in quarter finals of African Cup of Nations. Fired
2026         Egypt            Won African Nations Championship. Reached second round of World Cup

Edited by Danny_H22

Danny_H22 2026 Season Review

Colo-Colo.svg.thumb.png.4dea45a661765e2c71f675f3a2a77098.png

After three successful years in China with Beijing Guoan, I decided it was time to back my bags and head to sunny Chile and try my hand with one of the country’s leading clubs- Colo Colo. I arrived at a club who had recently been knocked out of continental football, but were second in the league (one point behind leaders Union Espanola) and still in the cup. I saw Colo Colo as a club that would give me excellent opportunities for instant success and hopefully able to challenge for continental success the following season.

On a personal level, my reputation has dropped to 50%, presumably because I am managing in a new country.

Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank- After taking over with the club in second place, one point behind the league leaders, we went unbeaten in our next seven league games and were declared champions with one game to spare. Fantastic achievement and I definitely owe a lot to my predecessor.

Copa Chile- I took over with the club in the second round, with a tie against Santiago Wanderers up next. We beat them handily, 8-4 over two legs, before beating Universidad de Chile 3-1 in the quarter finals. Next up was Nublense in the semi-finals, who we beat 5-3 on aggregate to set up a final against Club Deportivo Universidad Catolica. It took a penalty shootout, but I successfully completed the league and cup double within my first half a season in charge!

Supercopa de Chile- Won 2-1 before I took over.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores- Lost in the group stages before I took over.

Copa Total  Sudamericana- Lost in the second round before I took over.

Top Goalscorer- Ivan Morales with 20 goals in 21 starts, most of which actually came after I took over

Most Assists- A tie between Paulo Espinoza and Walter Barbieri with 7 each

Highest Avg. Rating- Morales with 7.44

Most POM- Another one for Ivan Morales with 5

International- After our World Cup campaign we had Cup of Nations qualifiers. We finished top of our group with 5 wins and a draw. We also moved to 9th in the world rankings. Now just to win that pesky Cup of Nations.

2026         Beijing Guoan     -                   -              Left in August with the club top of the league. Won Super Cup.
2026         Colo Colo        1st                  -              Took over in August. Won Copa Chile Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (TNS- Welsh Premier League 2020, 2021, Linfield- Danske Bank Premiership 2022, 2023, CFA Super League- Beijing Guoan 2024, 2025, Colo Colo- Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank 2026)
 4/10 domestic cups (Newtown-theWord Cup 2019, TNS- theWord Cup 2020, 2021, JD FAW Welsh Cup 2020, Linfield- Northern Ireland Football League Cup 2022, 2023, County Antrim Shield 2022, 2023, Irish Football Association Challenge Cup 2023, Beijing Guoan- Chinese FA Cup 2023, 2024, Colo Colo- Copa Chile 2026)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

International:
2026         Egypt            Won African Nations Championship. Reached second round of World Cup. Qualifed for Cup of Nations.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 20:34, numero uno gunner said:

Dungannon_Swifts.png

So, my life as a manager begins! Taking over Dungannon Swifts, rooted to the bottom of the Danske Bank Premier League in Northern Ireland. Three games to go, four points adrift, it looked a tall order. However, back-to-back 3-1 victories over relegation rivals Carrick and Warrenpoint, with on loan striker Paul Smyth grabbing a brace in each, we rose to the lofty heights of 10th going into the final game of the season. The pressure well and truly got to us, and we meekly surrendered 3-0 at home to Ballymena. However, Carrick and Warrenpoint failed to capitalise, and survival was ensured. Mission accomplished.

The icing on the cake came two weeks later, where we faced Linfield in the Northern Irish FA Cup final. Without our star striker, who was ineligible due to being on loan from our opponents, we were forced to play Gary Liggett, his first appearance after a 3 month injury lay-off with a torn hamstring. Cometh the hour, and Liggett won a dodgy penalty in the 76th minute of a tepid final. Up he stepped, and sent the keeper the wrong way. 1-0, and I was dancing around my technical area. Expecting an onslaught, I composed myself for a nervous 15 minutes, but it didn't happen. Linfield barely created a chance, and we held on for a famous victory.

So here I am, four games into the challenge, and my first piece of silverware tucked away in the cabinet. However, most of my squad are out of contract, and despite my best efforts, I'm still two attacking midfielders and two full backs short going into the first day of the season.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm quoting a post from 10 months ago. Granted, its an odd one. However, forgive me a little indulgence for a moment...

After a couple of trial runs to see what sort of jobs it was still possible to get at the start of your career, a strange twist of fate sees me heading back to Dungannon at the start of my career this year. I'm hoping for a start along the same lines as last time!

1410465414_fc-roma.png

Roma Season 2033/34 Report

So I ended up giving it another shot with Roma, as no better option came up. I was offered the job at Inter before the season began, however interestingly they (along with AC Milan and Napoli) were kicked out of the Champions League for financial reasons. This meant we went straight into the group stage despite our 4th place finish in a league that now only gets 3 CL slots. This also meant teams like Torino found themselves in the Champions League somehow, so it was an odd season. This meant that staying at Roma meant guaranteed Champions League football and clearly much more financial security! The squad was slowly starting to take shape anyways so I wasn't too bothered that the best option was just to stay put. Here's how it went:

Serie A- Another pretty slow start, reminiscent of last season, but we slowly started to improve. I think the turning point was when I realised that we broke the league's worst discipline record before Christmas and had so many red cards and suspensions we didn't even know what to do with ourselves. I looked at my tactic and realised that "getting stuck in" is not exactly the Italian way to play football and the harsher refereeing could be the cause of our problems. So I took away one simple instruction and our results improved dramatically! Inter pushed us all the way but I was determined to beat them and we tied up the title with 2 weeks remaining. My first of the big 5 leagues completed!

Cup- We beat Livorno 3-2 and AC Milan 3-0 to send us into the semi finals like last year. This time we faced Serie B side Spal and we smashed them 7-0 on aggregate in probably the easiest semi final of any competition i've played in FM. We faced Napoli in the final in the last game of the season and it was a banger. We went down 1-0 to an unfortunate own goal but dominated the match otherwise and in the second half pulled back one and then scored to go in front with only 7 minutes to go. Naturally, they came right back up the field and put the ball into our net for the second time. So 2-2 and we went into extra time, which included several chances for us but none taken so it went to penalties. Our 3 best takers weren't on the field but we didn't need them! we scored every penalty as we won 5-3 in the shootout to secure a double for Roma!

Champions League- our group contained PSG, Tottenham and Olympiakos as we were seeded only 3rd going in. We still managed to progress however as we finished second behind PSG with 4 wins and 2 losses. We drew Man United in the 1st KO round and a good performance at home in the first leg saw us win 1-0, however it wasn't enough as we succumbed to a 2-0 defeat away to go out very narrowly on aggregate. The Serie A has seriously gone downhill in my save, so this round was probably as far as an Italian club could have hoped to go.

Results Results 2

Best Players: Top Goalscorer- Christopher Bruno (27 goals, 18 assists) The Australian striker was solidly consistent all season long in stark contrast to the rest of my strikers. Jose Calderon probably would have been top goalscorer except when we were knocked out of the CL he totally lost his marbles, complaining of homesickness, wanting to leave for a bigger club etc and went on a 13 game goal-less drought to top it all off. Bruno however was great and I hope he's still playing when I take over Australia, whenever that may be.

Most assists, most POM, highest avg rating- Michael Baumann (23 goals, 19 assists, 13 POM, 7.91) even better than last season somehow from the veteran wide midfielder! This guy is incredible and hands down the best player at the club, even at the age of 33. Honorable mentions go to my entire regular back 4 who were superb all season long.

So overall a good season and i'm glad I decided to stay with Roma. With Italy complete, I will now look for another job in the big 5! I turned down an offer from Monaco near the end of the season to take over for next season as I don't think they have what it takes to compete with PSG at the moment and i'd rather not go back to France yet. So hopefully a top club in England or Germany will be in need of a new manager! Or maybe Jurgen Klopp will finally retire and let me take over Barcelona, he's been their manager for 12 years now! Also, the World Cup is coming up very soon so expect an update on my second attempt at it with Brazil soon!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through the season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st          CHAMPIONS x2         Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification

Challenge Progress

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma)
 7/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma)
 3/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil)
 1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil)

International:
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying.
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned.
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned.
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!

Pug's Season Update 2022-23

Yopj6mZ.png

So After Leaving Brazil It Was Of To Mexico And Tigres. Contract . After A Liga MX Clausura Of 14 Wins 3 Draws And 0 Defeats We Finished Top. So Its Was On

To The Play Off, Another 4 Wins Saw Me Win The Title With Ease. League Results .

As For The Champions League We Were Into The Q-Finals Against  NY Red Bulls. A First Leg 3-0 Away Win Set Us Up For A 5-0 Home Win. So On To The S-Finals

Against Toluca And Another Comfortable 2-0 Away And 3-0 Home To Put Us Into The Finals. Pachuca Was Up Next And A 1-1 Home Draw I Was Thinking We

Blew Our Chance. But A Resounding 4-1 Away Leg Meant We Had Lifted Another Trophy . Results . Also It Meant I Went Top Of The English. Hall Of Fame .

Managers History So With That I Applied For The Liverpool Job.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2017/18    Ulsan Hyundai       Won
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Gladbach            Won            Won         Won
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2021/22    Fluminense          Won            Won
2022/23    Tigres              Won                        Won

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation   Cups                                                                     Others & Notes
                 World Cup   Confed Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2018/19 Nigeria                                          Won
2019/21 USA                                                     Won
  Challenge Progress

Club

4/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-Mexico)
3/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil)
4/5   Continentals Cups (Ulsan-Gladbach-Fluminense-Tigres)
1/1   Club World Cup (Ulsan)

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA)
0/2   World Tournaments

Just Applied For And Got The China Job.

Edited by pug 407
Update

2017/18 Season - Tranmere Rovers

Image result for tranmere rovers

After last seasons 8th placed finish and a good run after taking over I was full of confidence coming into my first full season in charge. I made quite a few signings and had strengthened the team massively. One of my best players Right Winger Varol Coban asked for a move to Reading, we got £350k for him and also we got him back on loan for the season, he would be a major player.

Transfers

National League - A stunning season, we lead from the front and never looked back. We won the league with a game to spare. We had a few blips on the way but spent nearly the whole season top of the league.

Table

Results Page 1Page 2

FA Cup -  We scraped through the 4th qualifying round courtesy of a replay win over Wrexham and then lost in the 1st Round to League One Doncaster but we did manage to take them to a replay.

FA Trophy -  We were knocked out in the Quarter Finals to Dover.

Player of the Season - James Norwood

Top Goalscorer - James Norwood - 38 goals in 45 games

Highest Average Rating - James Norwood - 7.64

Another clean sweep for Mr Norwood!!

Next Season - We are now into League 2, hopefully we can survive and even push for the playoffs. We have a healthy wage and transfer budget to improve the team. I will however be looking at job offers that come in if it means moving up the divisions quicker and in turn improving my reputation.

Manager Update - The board have now let me do my National C and B licences but refused for me to do anymore currently due to the time it would take away from my normal job. My reputation has now moved up to 15%.

Domestic
Season	Team			Division		Position		Notes						Challenge 		Landmarks
16/17	Tranmere		National League		8th			FA Trophy Winners
17/18	Tranmere		National League		1st			National League Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

@scubasteve2017 Congrats on promotion. Hope Norwood keeps producing for you. Do you have a league level you intend to stay with Tranmere until?

@pug 407 I agree with you (on the whole) on the quitting clubs when you've nothing else to achieve. I would have quit my last club if (what I thought was) a suitable job hadn't come up immediately after we were knocked out of the Libertadores for the second time. Plodding through pointless seasons with a club you've won everything with is pointless. It's just that quitting a club too soon can backfire early in the challenge.

Good luck with China. Are they likely to be a contender in your save? Obviously everyone's likely to be a contender in your hands, but that's a bit of a challenge.

@Fadedaf Well done on a successful season. I'd have thought that a few good club jobs will open up after the world cup with international vacancies needing to be filled, although hopefully you'll be filling up one of those vacancies if you can get the clean sweep with Brazil.

@numero uno gunner Hope your time at Dungannon is as successful this time as well.

@Danny_H22 Ah, Colo Colo; one of the 3 teams that I will never manage in FM. Are the Brazilian clubs dominant in your save (as they are in mine). I've always quite fancied managing in Chile (UdeChile or maybe Catolica) but unfortunately if I couldn't get close to the Lib with the 3 time Argentinian champs, I don't think I'd be able to do it with Chile either. Plus, I've managed the national team twice in this save, and I have an affinity for the nation, and have really sucked both times. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to feel guilty about ones performance in a computer game, but I feel like I've been invited by the Chilean people into their home, and done my business in their living room both times. They didn't even have the resolution of sacking me, because their failure to qualify for the world cup twice all but assured, I've quit and moved to another national job. On the other hand, I suppose I've shattered the dreams of Colo Colo fans, so that's something.

Having taken a couple months off from FM (loads of work on) I've found it difficult to return to my previous save (youth only with Dulwich) so have decided to give this a try (tried last year but never got close to completing) 

Took my first job at Royal Eagles in South Africa (had interviews for a couple of jobs in China but no luck) predicted 1st but were 7th when I took over.

@vikeologist not really no. This is just a stepping stone to get a bigger job. I'd love to get them to the Premier League but that'll take years and my thoughts on this challenge is you need to start ticking off trophies as quick as possible.  I won't do that here but I can increase my rep and learn my badges to then get noticed by bigger clubs 

Season 2016/17

Royal_Eagles_logo.thumb.png.65562ab5ec3b4f7e2558bf4274d49d3c.png

Not too much to say, took over at the end of December 2016 with the team in 7th, we ended 4th just missing the promotion playoffs by 2 points. Of the 16 games I was in charge for me only had 2 clean sheets so it's safe to see where we need to improved for next season. 8 wins and only 2 losses was encouraging so hopefully with the right reinforcements we can look for promotion next season 

Year		Country			Team		League 		Position		Achievements

2016/17		South Africa		Royal Eagles	NFD		4th

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by darren1983

5899064fdb24a_americamex.jpg.190bc3882971360e50d8d24e06d3f61b.jpg

Season 11 – 2027/28 – Club América

Season Review

The trumpets of glory were sounding loud and clear throughout this season. We won both opening and closing stages of the Mexican league, even though it was not without drama. In the opening stage, I was 2-0 down after semi-final first leg against Pachuca, whose manager has taken a strange hatred towards me, and needlessly spiced up the tie with some derogatory pre-match comments. We needed a 73rd minute own goal at home to progress as the higher seed. In the closing stage, we lost the first leg of the final 5-3 to Tigres thanks to my keeper first dropping the ball literally to their striker’s feet, and then scoring an own goal in the following highlight. Never mind, we won the reverse 5-0. With the league wrapped up, I was keen to get the North American Champ League out of the way. We did so in a rather routine fashion, dispatching Tigres – who must be sick of our sight by now – 7-1 on aggregate in the semi, and our city rivals Pumas in the final.

League Opening: Table | Summary || League Closing: Table | Summary || NACL

Player review

Top scorer, top av rating: Miguel “The Man” Angel Rodriguez (AMC/ST): 41 goals and 18 assists in 30 (9) apps, rating 8.08

For some unknown reason the previous management sent him on loan to Tigres for 2 years. I promptly recalled him and he had a truly Suarez-esque season, knocking 4 goals in 50 minutes of the league final against his former team Tigres to cap it off.

Top assists: William (AML/C): 19 assists, 19 goals in 32(2) apps, 7.98 rating

"Wills" has all the stats to be the chief creator in this team

Challenge XI addition: Luis Osorio (MC/AML) – 10 assists and 2 goals in 28(12) apps. A center-mid dynamo for my side; and I like his haircut – so he displaces Josh Harrop in the XI.

Manager progress

65% rep

International

Thank god for CHAN – a pointless competition that freed up the Ivory Coast job, and I duly took it. The team is ranked 50th in the world but the players are top-drawer, so I’m hoping for ACON success next year, and would also like to see how far I can take them in a World Cup.

What’s next

Well, I’d like to get a job in Brazil or Argentina to win another league and go for the Copa Libertadores. But I also don’t want to quit Ivory Coast, and this seems to be preventing me from getting the better jobs. So guess I’ll stay put for now, and give Copa Lib a crack with Club America in 2029, if all goes to plan. Or maybe a good team will take me, let’s see. At least Tigres are keeping it pretty competitive in the league and my finances are insecure again, so I won’t be getting too bored in Mexico yet.

Challenge XI

GK: Lee Ki-Ho (Jeonnam, South Korea)

DR: Sergi Palencia (Sheff Utd)

DC: Adama Fofana (Jeonnam)

DC: William Diallo (Ajax CT)

DL: Yassir Belhaj (Ajax CT)

MC: Leonardo Capezzi (Sheff Utd)

MC: Luis Osorio (Club America)

MC: Ko Ji-Sung (South Korea)

ST: Thomas Trujillo (Sheff Utd)

ST: Miguel “The Man” Rodriguez (Club America)

ST: “Bruce” Lee-Sang Joon (Jeonnam, South Korea)

Subs: “Birdman” Kwak Hee-Seong (Jeonnam, South Korea), Kim Jong-Hyun (DR, Jeonnam/ South Korea), Josh Harrop (Sheff Utd)

Club Career:

Season     |   Team           |       Division      |   League   |     Cups        |   Notes & Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   4       |     n/a         |   Took over in December (team in 20th), lost on penalties in playoff final
2017/18    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   1       |     n/a         |   Promotion; League 2 points record (104). Moved to Sheffield Utd at end of season
2018/19    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Championship (ENG) |   1       |     n/a         |   Promoted
2019/20    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Premiership (ENG)  |   7       |     semi        | 
2021       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   5       |     n/a         |   Joined when 10th in the league, after a one-year job search
2022       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |     won         |   Domestic double   
2023       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1       | won ACL + cup   |   A historic quadruple
2023/24    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   9       | won AfCL        |   A champions league win with an super-thin squad (joined in CL group stage)
2024/25    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   2       | won FA cup      |    
2025/26    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   1       | won CL + 2 cups |   A quadruple of sorts
2026/27    |   América (MEX)  |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   2       | won Mex cup     |   Joined 2 games before play-offs. Lost in play-off final
2027/28    |   América (MEX)  |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   1; 1    | won NACL        |   Won closing and opening league + champ league

International career:

Season     |   Team           |  Tournament    |   Notes & Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    |   Greece         |  Euro quals    |   Took over in Autumn
2019/20    |   Greece         |  Euro          |   Quarter-finals; lost to France
2021       |   Egypt          |  WC quals      |   Qualified by beating Nigeria in final group game
2022       |   Egypt          |  WC            |   Quarter finals; lost to Poland on penalties
2023       |   Egypt          |  ACON          |   Lost in semis (Ghana, extra time)
2023/24    |   Jamaica        |  WC quals      |
2024/25    |   Jamaica        |  Gold Cup      |   Winners!
2026       |   Jamaica        |  World Cup     |   Group stage exit
2027       |   South Korea    |  Asian Cup     |   Winners!
2028       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON quals    |

Challenge Progress:

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América)
 3/10 domestic cups: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América)
 3/5 club continental championships: Asian CL (Jeonnam), African CL (Ajax CT), NACL (Club América)
 1/1 club world championship: Jeonnam 2023

International
 2/5 continental tournaments: Gold Cup (Jamaica), Asian Cup (South Korea)
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by dkouv