The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Hi guys, just so you all know I'm just about to get going with this save, I will do my usual season updates on here but will also do a thread on the forums sections with month by month updates. Hope this is ok. One thing I am struggling with is what Nations to load up at the start. I want to do something different but don't want to make it too hard! Any tips?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cheekybananafm said:

Hi guys, just so you all know I'm just about to get going with this save, I will do my usual season updates on here but will also do a thread on the forums sections with month by month updates. Hope this is ok. One thing I am struggling with is what Nations to load up at the start. I want to do something different but don't want to make it too hard! Any tips?

I'm not sure there are any easy options now because of dynamics and your low rep at the start, but if you want to be different, I'd say anything except S Africa, China and England. Quite a few people have started in 'minor' European countries.

Bear in mind though, that the reason so many people have started their challenges in these nations / leagues is because they are probably the best way about it. If / when I finish my dafuge challenge, I'll be interested to see how things can progress in Spain.

Now that blackdevil has restarted, we still haven't any confirmed starts in S America, where dafuge was able to get a first job in Uruguay for his career thread.Now that blackdevil has restarted, we still haven't any confirmed starts in S America, where dafuge was able to get a first job in Uruguay for his career thread. However, and again I must stress that I haven't received an answer yet about whether age is really a factor, we don't know how old his manager was at the start. If he can get a job in s America, and we can't, then logic suggests that age may play a part.

Also nobody has started, afaik, in USA, Australia or (I think) S Korea, but that may well be because you can't get a first job there.

It was me who restarted and honestly, you can get a job probably in any of the countries you load up if you're patient enough. I never take any jobs right at the start of a save I always wait for a manager to get sacked before applying for a job. I was 3/4 months in to that save and it was the lowest tier in Colombia.

I'm sure my age would of played a part in something though possibly more respect from players etc, so I understand restarting, I just wanted to show you that my stats went up a few days in to my save even as a 20 year old.

I've not restarted, I'm still with Wuhan.  I was tempted to start again in south america and did load a previous save from before my appointment at Wuhan to test which jobs I could get.  Unfortunately I got bored of that before I could even get any interviews.

I've not played in a few days so will likely be the weekend when I post an update.

49 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I'm not sure there are any easy options now because of dynamics and your low rep at the start, but if you want to be different, I'd say anything except S Africa, China and England. Quite a few people have started in 'minor' European countries.

Bear in mind though, that the reason so many people have started their challenges in these nations / leagues is because they are probably the best way about it. If / when I finish my dafuge challenge, I'll be interested to see how things can progress in Spain.

Now that blackdevil has restarted, we still haven't any confirmed starts in S America, where dafuge was able to get a first job in Uruguay for his career thread.Now that blackdevil has restarted, we still haven't any confirmed starts in S America, where dafuge was able to get a first job in Uruguay for his career thread. However, and again I must stress that I haven't received an answer yet about whether age is really a factor, we don't know how old his manager was at the start. If he can get a job in s America, and we can't, then logic suggests that age may play a part.

Also nobody has started, afaik, in USA, Australia or (I think) S Korea, but that may well be because you can't get a first job there.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of start in Asia or South America but not with one of the big leagues so something like Singapore, Malaysia, Peru or somewhere similar. 

I forgot how tiring and time consuming scouting is, I'm like 7 hours in to my save and only played 5 games :D I should have a beast of a squad for next season though I have 3 players worth 5 Mil plus, I want to sell two of them and rebuild the squad. This could become a decent project.

League Table

Chinese%20Jia%20League_%20Overview%20Pro

My Results

Shanghai%20Shenxin%20FC_%20%20Senior%20F

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017   Shanghai Shenxin       China                6th                -                 -                   -             Took over in 8th after 23 games - Started first coaching badge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Leagues
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Shanghai Shenxin   - P 7 W 4 D 1 L 2 GF 18 GA 9  GD +9  WR 57%  Days in Charge: 58
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 7 W 4 D 1 L 2 GF 18 GA 9  GD +9  WR 57%  Days in Charge: 58

I took the club to 6th from 8th with 4 wins out of my 7 games. I'm looking forward to next season, I feel I can build a good squad here as I previously mentioned I have 3 players worth 5+ Mil and if I can sell a couple it will be a great opportunity to build a good squad and compete for promotion next season.

I'll do a full update once I complete a full season, thought I'd just add a little one here.

Edited by Crowy

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Well @vikeologistit seems that you can get jobs in South America this time around. I started as the usual 20 year old manager and no badges/rep and my first job offer was in Colombia with Union Magdalena. I haven't accepted though as they just ended bottom of the 2nd Division and have an awful team so waiting for that 1 perfect opportunity

CheekyBananaFM Ultimate Manager Challenge - My First Job

So it only took around 2 months after the start of the game to get my first job. I was actually surprised how easy it was!

My Manager Profile

fm_2017-11-15_19-09-07.thumb.png.23191a799a1d3e3e39890283b7ece83d.png

My Manager Overview

fm_2017-11-15_19-10-51.thumb.png.8597b9ee2a3b769220547d8060f0241d.png/

Nations Loaded/Starting Preferences

fm_2017-11-15_19-06-01.thumb.png.63e8f3c1a58da64333f1d98ac7412a9b.png

As mentioned in my previous post to Mr @vikeologistI was offered a job in South America with Union Magdalena in Colombia but turned it down asthey were bloody terrible. Then came the job I accepted, with......

Selangorfalogo.svg

Selangor - Malaysian Super League

They are currently 11th out of 12 teams after 11 of 22 games, so half a season to save them from the dreaded drop.

Club Overview

fm_2017-11-15_19-46-34.thumb.png.60b78dac3efe5fd048d546add1929514.png

Current League Table

fm_2017-11-15_19-52-46.png.2ca5dc8b55b0a8b9d610868677918b9d.png

We are predicted to end 9th so we should be OK to stay up especially as the league is quite tight. Then it's time to push upwards although I know from previous experience Johor are very difficult to overtake!

Edited by Cheekybananafm

1 minute ago, Crowy said:

Good luck @Cheekybananafm! Can I see a SS of your best player please? Interested to see what the standard here is compared to Chinese 2nd division.

I have 2 non-Malaysian players who my staff class as 5* here they are:

fm_2017-11-15_19-50-29.thumb.png.2c39adaf275a2f4b709073bdc1f34b79.pngfm_2017-11-15_19-50-39.thumb.png.747afb0efd7402069508dd18c963d437.png

My best Malaysian player is this guy:

fm_2017-11-16_13-09-50.thumb.png.ed129e01ea4ec77e22feb5596b8a6096.png

So as you can see the standard isn't pretty good. I know its not the best place to promote but I am doing a more detailed thread than just the season updates in the careers section in case you wanted to see more

I'll be sure to check it out. I'm actually surprised at the standard from those players, they're pretty good.

Just about to hit the "January Transfer Window" in China, here are a few SS's from my first full season so far.

NEW CONTRACT

Crowy_%20%20Inbox_zps1bqoriqu.png

LEAGUE TABLE

Chinese%20Jia%20League_%20Overview%20Pro

RESULTS

Shanghai%20Shenxin%20FC_%20%20Senior%20F

Edited by Crowy

@Crowy looking good with Shenxin. Like you I take a long time scouting. In fact, because I often use instant result, my off-season takes almost as long as my actual season. Not just scouting. The season before last I had 84 players on trial. Every summer I become a shopaholic and buy far too many people. 

@Cheekybananafm Not long to turn things around, so I hope you get off to a quick start. Oh, I see from your career thread you already have done just that. Are Malaysian teams in the Asian Champions League? The thing about the groups being split into geographical halves is I have almost no idea what nations or clubs are in the non-Chinese half in real life. This makes it sound as though I follow Chinese football. I don't watch any of the matches, even on TV, but I do take a vague interest.

Edited by vikeologist

3 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Crowy looking good with Shenxin. Like you I take a long time scouting. In fact, because I often use instant result, my off-season takes almost as long as my actual season. Not just scouting. The season before last I had 84 players on trial. Every summer I become a shopaholic and buy far too many people. 

@Cheekybananafm Not long to turn things around, so I hope you get off to a quick start. Oh, I see from your career thread you already have done just that. Are Malaysian teams in the Asian Champions League? The thing about the groups being split into geographical halves is I have almost no idea what nations or clubs are in the non-Chinese half in real life. This makes it sound as though I follow Chinese football. I don't watch any of the matches, even on TV, but I do take a vague interest.

As far as I remember the Middle East teams are in 1 half and the Eastern sides are in the other half. Going on this we will more than likely be in the chinese/south Korea side of the draw. The team that ends top of the league in Malaysia qualifies for the champions league preliminary round

So after realising that i had attribute masking off on my 17 save, I have decided to start all over again on FM18. This time attribute masking is on and I'm unemployed lets see where i end up.

2dqmyc9.jpg

13 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@streety Sorry you've started again, but I think that FM18 makes for an interesting challenge, and enjoying seeing how everyone gets on. I have a real urge to continue my save, but I also want to complete my dafuge one first, and frankly I just find FM17 more enjoyable. 

That' s why i asked about the attribute masking, i went back into my 17 save and i had not got it on, so thus giving me an unfair advantage over everybody else. I felt it best to start again null and void my 17 save and start again with 18, I completely enjoyed my 17 save and I'm hoping for big things with my 18 save

9 minutes ago, Hairyflump said:

Hi. I' just about to start this save and are there any leagues which I should load up first?

There's lots of ways that you can start the challenge, so no real advice about which leagues to load. Just be realistic about what level of job you'll be able to get first.

A Very Small Piece of Advice

There are lots of different ways of going about this challenge. Should one start at a lower division club in a high reputation nation or the top division of a low reputation nation? Time and experience has provided some measure of insight into this, but I hope that new starters will explore their own path (or read the first 1,300 or so posts to find out). I will give one piece of advice though.

Don't take the first job you're offered at the start of the game. It may be worth waiting 6 months of unemployment at the start of your game for the right opportunity. Starting at too low a club can add several seasons to your challenge. It's going to take you long enough as it is.

As discussed above, most people seem to start in South Africa, China or English league 2, but you'll be able to get a first job in most of the nations available to load.

Edited by vikeologist

10 minutes ago, Hairyflump said:

Hi. I' just about to start this save and are there any leagues which I should load up first?

Any you want to :) It depends where you want to start and how you envisage your career going.  Do you want to start with the less reputable leagues and build up?  Or start at the bottom of a reputable league to build your reputation and then go to the less reputable leagues?  Do you want to conquer one continent at a time?

For example I think I'll find it difficult to go from managing in the top leagues in Europe to managing in China so my current aim is to try and knock out Asia and Africa then North & South America and then finally Europe.  If it works out that way is another matter, I'll probably deviate from the plan as I know what I'm like.

One thing I'm liking about starting in China is I'm already studying for the National A coaching licence.  When I started in the Greek 2nd tier they had less finances and it took longer for me to get the qualifications.

Edited by blackdevil

9 minutes ago, blackdevil said:

Any you want to :) It depends where you want to start and how you envisage your career going.  Do you want to start with the less reputable leagues and build up?  Or start at the bottom of a reputable league to build your reputation and then go to the less reputable leagues?  Do you want to conquer one continent at a time?

For example I think I'll find it difficult to go from managing in the top leagues in Europe to managing in China so my current aim is to try and knock out Asia and Africa then North & South America and then finally Europe.  If it works out that way is another matter, I'll probably deviate from the plan as I know what I'm like.

@HairyflumpThat's generally how most people go about it. Assuming that you win the domestic league and cup in each nation you win the champions league in, that accounts for 8 or 9 (depending on whether you win the Libertadores in Mexico) of the 10 nations, so if anybody wants to manage in a league that isn't the

big euro 5,

S Africa,

1 Asian,

1 north American and

1 South American,

they might as well start off in the league you want to manage in. Of course, people usually win at least 1 champions league without ticking off the league and cup, so have to go to at least 11 nations.

Edited by vikeologist

16 minutes ago, Hairyflump said:

China might very well be a nice place to start as stated by @blackdevil but like @vikeologist says you can start pretty much everywhere. I think the only nations you should struggle to find a job straight away would be Germany (even 3rd tier is too high, probably you could get a job at Bremen II but dont see the fun in that.) Brazil (only clubs you will get are probably newly promoted after one season) MLS (not sure if you can get a job here without bettering your reputation first)

My advice is pretty much the same as others, you should duly think about your strategy before you start. Chose either your true nationality or the nationality of the nation you plan to start in.

Possible paths (without revealing too much):

lower league team in a high rep nation. You can then take the team up a Tier or more and build your rep, and get a job at a higher rep team in the same nation (you could go elsewhere also but this is probably best to wait for a while) In Dafuge challenge with Billericay, after 2,5 seasons I get job applications from teams like Sheff Wed and Birmingham

higher league team in a low rep nation. You should try to win the league early (1-3 seasons) maybe even fight for continental trophy if its in Asia/Africa, then you need to build your rep so high you can move to S.America/Europe

But all this being said, would still love to see someone start out in Colombia/Peru/Chile/Argentina....

Just had to share this "entertaining" game in the CFA Cup against Super League side Renhe.  0-3 down at the hour mark then pulled it back to 3-3 and then the dreaded penalty shoot out which fortunately went in our favour.  Next up in the cup is Guangzhou which I expect will be even tougher and they'll probably smash us to bits.  I was hoping to win the cup as a first division side got to the final in last season and I was hoping to go one better, but I think we'll be out at the next stage which is a pity as the cup winners get into the champions league which would have been nice.

image.thumb.png.bde509aa47c7eb28c940294c7e070da4.png

So finally i have my first Job in this challange.

Image result for fram fc

Knattspyrnufélagið Fram (English: Fram Football Club) is an Icelandic sports club, best known for its football and handball teams. It was founded on 1 May 1908 in Reykjavík. It is based at Safamýri, in the Háaleiti og Bústaðir[2] district near Reykjavík city centre.

The football team currently plays in the second division, the 1. deild karla after being relegated in the 2014 season.

The club also has strong handball teams; the men's team won the Icelandic championship in 2013.

Let the adventure begin!

CheekyBananaFM 2017 Season Review - Selangor FC

Image result for selangor

Malaysian Super League

After taking over 2nd bottom mid-way through the season we went on a really good run to push us clear of the bottom 2. Some dodgy results along the way but overall we played better than I expected and finished the season in a respectable 5th place.

otIyIJ2.png

The Cups

We were already out of the FA Cup before I arrived but were in the Malaysian Cup. We ended top of the Group Stage but were knocked out in the Quarter Finals to Kelantan. We won the away lefg 1-0 but were hammered 4-0 in the home leg. An awful way to go out.

Star Men

Well actually only 1 man needs mentioning and that's Striker Francis Doe, he won the Malaysian Golden Boot scoring 16 in 22 games and won the club player of the year getting 75% of the vote.

Francis Doe Profile

What next?

Push the top boys, I think we can do it if we bring a few more players in and become more consistent. I expected Johur to run away with the league but as you can see above they only just scraped past PBDKT. As for my own development I'm learning my National C Licence badge and my reputation is still "minimal"

My Manager Profile

Season   Team    	Nation 		Position  	Notes and Achievements
2017	Selangor	Malaysia	5th		Took over mid-season

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

2 hours ago, streety said:

So finally i have my first Job in this challange.

Image result for fram fc

Let the adventure begin!

Ahh nice Iceland.

Forgot to mention,  but before I tried this challenge what lead me to it was a savegame that followed almost all of the requirements that I played for my self without the knowledge of this challenge. I then started in Iceland also with KR.

Good luck man :)

23176734_zpsqx3qqv9a.pngchn_zps9ainr5gx.png

Shanghai Shenxin 2018

Manager Profile: Crowy

Star Players: Guo Hao - Han Pengfei - Jo Kwang - Ri Hyong-Jin - Ri IL-Jin

My first full season in charge of Shanghai Shenxin will go down as a successful one, at the beginning of the season I thought I'd blew any chances of promotion by signing four players not even realizing they were foreign! So I had to make some adjustments and sell my already three (better) foreign players at the club, thankfully it brought in a lot of money and I had to try and rebuild buying Chinese players only. There were even limits on how many of then you could buy, I could buy five over 21 players and eight under 21 players I believe it was, so having to adjust for that was a task in itself as well. I made an excellent profit in this Transfer Window and it gave me a chance to build mainly on youth as I wasn't willing to spend big on older players.

League Table

Squad Stats ~ Results ~ Tactic

I endured a very tough start to the season as I signed two very good strikers but could only register one due to the foreign rule. I went with Jo Kwang and as soon as squad registration closed BANG! Broke his leg, so I had to rely on someone who was already at the club when I joined, but boy did Pan Chaoran step up and take his chance. While Kwang was out Chaoran scored 13 goals in the league to keep our promotion push alive. Once we got flowing though promotion was never a doubt at one stage in the season we had a 10 game unbeaten run and were 12 points clear of 3rd, we took our foot of the gas towards the end though in some tough fixtures.

Next Season Goals:

Survive!

I've been given a nice budget of £7.5M, so I feel surviving should be achievable, with one year left on my contract as well, I won't be actively looking to move on but if offers come in from big teams in Asia I will probably consider it.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2017   Shanghai Shenxin        China               6th                -                 -                   -             Took over in 8th after 23 games - Started first coaching badge
2018   Shanghai Shenxin        China               1st               Rd4                -                   -             Champions! - Manager of the Year - Gained National C Licence

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Shanghai Shenxin   - P 40 W 25 D 6 L 9 GF 82 GA 48  GD +34  WR 62%  Days in Charge: 429
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 40 W 25 D 6 L 9 GF 82 GA 48  GD +34  WR 62%  Days in Charge: 429

Edited by Crowy

758400f89ae476c6ee66633dfc2880c0.png

After some testing and a few failed starts, I finally settled on a proper go at this (or at least I think so).
I got a job at Zhongyou, a second division Chinese club from Mongolian region, exactly half way through the season. They had no wins in 15 games, the board only wanting me to save them somehow. The squad is awful apart from two foreign forwards, but what's worse is that the club had used up the number of transfers allowed. Anyway, I decided to rely on my strikers and just go gung ho. We were no strangers to 6-4, 5-3 results, but luckily, those were wins and in the end I saved the club comfortably.
We'll see what next season brings, there's a lot of work to be done here so I'd rather get a job at a club with a more balanced squad. If not, we'll fight with what we have.

Season     Team                  League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup         Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th              -                       -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Wuhan Zhuo'er
Chinese National First Division

My first full season in Chinese football continued where we left off last season as we led the league from start to finish.  We stumbled a little as we approached the business end of the season indicating the players my not be good at handling pressure but thankfully we did enough to win the league & promotion with three games to go.
Just after my one year anniversary at the club I was offered my third contract by Wuhan which I accepted to keep me here until the end of next season.
In the cup we reached the quarter finals being knocked out by Guangzhou who finished 3rd in the Super League.  I was disappointed to not reach the final but consoled by the fact is was a team near the top of the Super League that did it and they were clearly superior to us.
5a12e674b48d9_EoSCompetitions.thumb.PNG.b4c3e044a986268228a27440259c879d.PNG

On a personal level I've aquired the National A coaching licence and now studying for the Continental C licence.  This has been possible due to the good form convincing the board it's a good idea.  It may also have helped that I distanced myself from a job roumour from a Super League side.
5a12e687da9c0_EoSManagerProfile.thumb.PNG.b56c02abed213bfc6e66805d58e1fbd6.PNG
Looking forward to next season I guess the aim is to survive and then see how high we can get.  Hopefully we'll be able to add some quality additions to the team to enable us to move onwards and upwards.  I have started casting my eye over potential International management opportunities in case there's a chance to sneak in a Copa America or African Cup of Nations.5a12e696a537f_EoSConfidanceLevels.thumb.PNG.c6c28f6dc8fb5066fa30624bac0ec935.PNG

Challenge Progress:

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
0/10 domestic cups ()
0/1 club world championship ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

CLUB CAREER
										Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd		1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th									Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD		1st			Qtr						Promoted as champions

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
					Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am tempted to start this for FM 18 and start in South America, are we allowed to load up additional leagues or only the leagues in the game already as I think I will struggle to get a job in any of the South American nations, I know Defauge managed to get a job in Uruguay, anyone else managed to start this in South America, I will read the rules properly before I start and post a screenshot of my profile photo of my manager when I start.

I managed to get a job in Colombia's second tier on my first save, the only problem was my age was set to 29 all the stats etc were the same so I'd be surprised if they hired me on age alone. If you are patient you will get the opportunity, took me till like November time I think it was to even be considered for a job in South America. I obviously had to restart due to my age and took a job in China.

On 10/28/2015 at 22:09, vikeologist said:
You can start with any number of nations loaded, any database size, any start date

You cannot use any customised databases, for instance to add playable nations or divisions

Good Luck!

39 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am tempted to start this for FM 18 and start in South America, are we allowed to load up additional leagues or only the leagues in the game already as I think I will struggle to get a job in any of the South American nations, I know Defauge managed to get a job in Uruguay, anyone else managed to start this in South America, I will read the rules properly before I start and post a screenshot of my profile photo of my manager when I start.

I was offered a job in the Colombian 2nd division but turned it down so it is possible to start on south america

@shirajzl was the Brazilian team that offered you a job Agremiacao Sportiva Arapiraquense by any chance as they were the first team to offer me a job.

So I got my first job very quickly with Agremiacao Sportiva Arapiraquense.

Seems a lot easier to get a small time job in South America which is good.

Agremiacao Sportiva Arapiraquense are in Brazilian Serie C, they are based in  Arapiraca in Alagoas.

I started on 14th July by accident so maybe I wouldn't of got a job so soon if I set the date to the start of Brazilian league season.

I will update you how I get on.

Agremiacao Sportiva Arapiraquense.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

So I got sacked after 7 games, I lost 6 and drew 1 lol, I only scored 1 goal as well. I holidayed for a bit and got offered a new job so I am now manager of 

UNIVERSITARIO POPAYAN 

They are a Colombian team playing in the 2nd division and ended the season 9th in the league with only missing the play offs by 1 point.

Will update as I go along. 

Universitario Popyan.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Good luck in Colombia.  Sometimes it's worth not taking a job if the club is in a very bad state and is going to be very difficult to turn around.

A small update from me, I've almost finished the pre-season for my first Super League campaign.  Thanks to the four month close season I've finished my Continental C coaching badge and had my first argument with the board when I asked to do the Continental B licence.  They didn't want me to do it as they think it'll lead me to jumping ship to a bigger club :rolleyes: but they finally agreed and as a result of the argument my managers determination attribute increased.  It's nice to see how my attributes increase over time and what affects them.

UNIVERSITARIO POPAYAN Update

Hiya guys, so I completed the season with Popayan, managed to win the play offs of the Torneo Postobon.

I played 32 games, won 16, drew 8 and lost 8, my best player was a player called Patrick, a 30 year old Brazilian striker who scored 24 goals for me in 32 appearances.

My attributes are slowing climbing, here is a photo of my manager profile now.

I don't know what to do, do I go for a bigger job now or stick with Popayan and see how I get on in the higher division with them.

My Manager Profile End Of Season.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Congrats on promotion.

Should I stay or go - always a difficult question.  I always say if you're enjoying managing the team then it's worth staying.  It's also worth bearing in mind that if you have a history of leaving clubs quickly it can be raised in interviews when trying to get a new job...or it was in previous versions anyway.

DHqZA.pngDHfG0.png

Shanghai Shenxin 2019

Manager Profile: Crowy

Star Players: Guillermo MartinezMiguel Angel Tapias - Jo Kwang - Ri Hyong-Jin - Ri IL-Jin

In this Transfer Window, I felt I had a lot of work to do if I was to survive my first season in the Super League. The first thing that was most notable to me was the quality of the Chinese players, the standard is shockingly poor. As you can see all my star players are foreign, the one good Chinese player I probably have is Ye Chongqui. I was looking forward to building my team and improving it but the only thing you can really do is maintain what you have as there are not many options out there. I think my plan for 2020 is have a good core of foreign players and try and upgrade my Chinese players where I can. I'll be looking to move Ri Hyong-Jin and Ri IL-Jin along to help finance one more good foreign player I think and keep Kwang as back up to Martinez.

League Table

Squad Stats ~ Results ~ Tactic

So if you look at my results, we got off to a horrendous start to the season losing all 6 of my first 6 games. After 4 games I still wasn't too worried as two other teams around me had done exactly the same and I'd had tough opposition up to that point, I knew that I just had to beat the teams around me and the next to games was the time to start getting results, when that didn't happen my trusted tactic from the previous season went out the window. I felt my squad was more suited to a narrow 4-2-3-1 and I'd used it at times in the previous season so gave it a go and never looked back. We went on an excellent run losing just 1 of the next 11 and felt survival was in our hands already. This fantastic run of form was in no doubt down to Guillermo Martinez who had an excellent season scoring 22 league goals. I took my eye off the ball towards the end of the season just instant resulting to get the season over with and didn't win in my last 7 but sill went on to survive reasonably comfortably.

Next Season Goals:

Top Half Finish

I feel we could of achieved this goal this season if I remained focused and didn't holiday my last 7 games or so, I think not finishing in the top half this season has also kept expectations realistic for next season as it's difficult to improve your squad greatly, I think in China doing it gradually is the way to go as there isn't much quality in bulk, you have to pick the quality out season by season I feel.

I signed a new contract until 2020 and I think this will be my final season at Shanghai Shenxin, I'm enjoying the project here though, we've already improved youth facilities and training ground upgrade is due to finish in around March 2020, so we'll see.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017   Shanghai Shenxin        China           Jia League            6th                -                 -                   -             Took over in 8th after 23 games
2018   Shanghai Shenxin        China           Jia League            1st               Rd4                -                   -             Champions! Gained National C Licence
2019   Shanghai Shenxin        China          Super League          13th               Qtr                -                   -             Gained National B & C Licence
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Shanghai Shenxin   - P 75 W 35 D 15 L 24 GF 145 GA 122  GD +23  WR 47%  Days in Charge: 793
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 75 W 35 D 15 L 24 GF 145 GA 122  GD +23  WR 47%  Days in Charge: 793

Edited by Crowy

@Crowy congrats on survival, you did better than the AI did on my save :) as they got relegated at the first attempt.

I've set my chairman to appoint a DoF and then assigned the DoF all the responsibilities regarding transfers only interfering when he's accepted an offer for a player I don't want to loose.  Generally I've found a good start in FM sets the tone for the season and seeing the new striker the DoF signed score 9 goals in the first 3 games has really set the tone.  Although halfway through the season he's now 9 goals in 9 games and has missed the rest of the games through injury. :seagull:

Yanbian_Changbaishan_logo.png

I was applying for top division clubs, among them a club called Yanbian Changbaishan which had just been relegated, but with a much more balanced squad + far more money at the bank than my current club. They gave me the job and, with media prediction being 3rd place, I knew that promotion was a must.
We duly delivered, smashing the league easily, with two foreigners being two centre-backs, absolute rocks at the back. I had high hopes for the cup, but we crashed out early during our mid season blip of bad form.
With new season on the horizon and my increased reputation, I'm eyeing some richer clubs. If I stay here, I'm hoping for an overachievement and an opportunity to jump to a better ship.

Season     Team                  League               Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League    9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League    1st          3rd rnd                -                     -

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()