FM16: Breel Embolo: The Swiss Wonderkid

davehanson

Breel Embolo

Breel_Donald-Emobolo-750x500.png

Age at the start of the game: 18

Club at the start of the game: Basel

Value at the start of the game: £5.75m (approx)

Transfer value at the start of the game: Between £11.5m-£21m

Contracted at the start of the game until: 30/06/2019

Real Life (taken from Wiki)

Embolo made his professional debut on 13 March 2014 as a 90th-minute substitute for Geoffroy Serey in the Europea League round of 16 first leg in St. Jakob-Park. The match against Red Bull Salzburg ended in a goalless draw. Just three days later, on 16 March, he made his Swiss Super League debut in the 5–0 home win against Aarau, entering as a substitute in the 85th minute. He scored his first goal for the team only four minutes later, the final goal of the game. At the end of the 2013–14 Super League season he won the league championship with Basel. They also reached the final of the 2013–14 Swiss Cup, but were beaten 2–0 by Zürich after extra time.

On 4 November 2014 he scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League, opening a 4–0 home group win against Ludogorets Razgrad.

On 19 August 2015, Embolo scored in a 2–2 draw against Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv at St. Jakob-Park in the first leg of the Champions League playoffs.

He made his senior international debut on 31 March 2015, replacing Josip Drmić after 56 minutes of an eventual 1–1 friendly draw against the United States in Zürich. On 9 October, he scored his first international goal, a penalty in a 7–0 win over San Marino

In FM16:

breel.png

breel%20report.png

Looks great to me at only 18 years old.

I don't get it. Just finished first year at Newcastle, finished 7th in the league, shot at Europa, and Embolo doesn't have any interest joining the club as we lack ambition. Any one have any luck convincing a player to join? I don't have the option of throwing a ton of money at him.

he is a great prospect

got him early on in FM15 for a low fee £6m

he was starting to develop and going to be my long term striker...however he got injured then stated he hadn't settled and wanted to leave

couldn't be talked around sold him for £25m to Bayern where he was great

I don't get it. Just finished first year at Newcastle, finished 7th in the league, shot at Europa, and Embolo doesn't have any interest joining the club as we lack ambition. Any one have any luck convincing a player to join? I don't have the option of throwing a ton of money at him.

I signed him as Leicester, end of first season, finished fifth in Prem.

Even halfway through the first season my scouts were convinced he'd join.

Front three now of Luan, Barbosa, Embolo. That'll do.

Front three now of Luan, Barbosa, Embolo. That'll do.

How did you beat the big clubs to get Barbosa.. Liverpool snatched him from me in my Southampton save despite me offering higher wages.

How did you beat the big clubs to get Barbosa.. Liverpool snatched him from me in my Southampton save despite me offering higher wages.

I was able to sign Barbosa for Leicester on a test save too. Big clubs were interested but no-one else made a bid for him when I did (next time I boot the game up I'll check what date I made the bid). Others did make a bid for Luan but he can still be attracted. I did some testing and found out that when offered £35k per week or less, he rejected Leicester in favour of one of the big boys (I forget who exactly), but when offered £37.5k per week plus some decent bonuses he accepted the Leicester offer inside of a day or two.

I bought him at the start of my Liverpool save but he's been a bit disappointing so far. I've tried him up front and on the wing but he's yet to score or get an assist after 12 or so starts. Where are you guys playing him and what roles/duties are you using?

I bought him at the start of my Liverpool save but he's been a bit disappointing so far. I've tried him up front and on the wing but he's yet to score or get an assist after 12 or so starts. Where are you guys playing him and what roles/duties are you using?

I also manage Liverpool and he is my AMR with winger(support) role/duty which is his natural position & role. He both scores and makes assists a lot. In his first season, his overall contribution was 24 goals & 14 assists in 53 appearances with the 7.36 average rating which is very nice.

- How is your training rating in terms of coach quality?

- Do you specifically play through the middle when he plays as winger?

I managed to sign him in January for Leicester so it is possible.

I noticed though that he seems to go through phases of being willing to sign. My scouts told me he was interested from about November through to mid-January. Then I got a final scout report in the third week of Jan that said he had no interest in signing. I had a bid accepted and sure enough, he refused to discuss terms. As I'm only messing around with this save, I reloaded a save file from a week earlier, put the same bid in and he readily accepted a £40,000 p/w deal.

Seems like timing is very important for transfers in FM16.

He is absolutely monstrous, does anyone know if there has been a better 18 year old player in recent memory? Because.. wow.

A couple of side notes; FC Basel are a really good team in this version and it may be worth playing as them and building your team around him, Eleney and Xhaka. (Plus they have Walter Samuel!)

And, here he is at the beginning of the season on FM15.. Quite a huge upgrade..

I think you guys would have better luck letting your staff negotiate/finalize his contact if you have issues signing him yourself. My staff did a wonderful job signing young players to their contract while on the other hand they are always not interested in signing with me.

He is absolutely monstrous, does anyone know if there has been a better 18 year old player in recent memory? Because.. wow.

A couple of side notes; FC Basel are a really good team in this version and it may be worth playing as them and building your team around him, Eleney and Xhaka. (Plus they have Walter Samuel!)

And, here he is at the beginning of the season on FM15.. Quite a huge upgrade..

pretty sure that Fiorentina guy was beastly as an 18yo

gosh, what's his name.... Babacar?

pretty sure that Fiorentina guy was beastly as an 18yo

gosh, what's his name.... Babacar?

Khoumar. :D

Funny you should mention him, I just scouted him for nostalgia, he's not too terrible now.

Embolo scoring for fun for my Leicester now. About 21 in 22 starts from a mixture of AF, DLF S, CF A and Raum A. Lost Gabby Barbosa to injury for four months just after signing Embolo and he's really taken over. Will be my first signing on any big club save.

I also manage Liverpool and he is my AMR with winger(support) role/duty which is his natural position & role. He both scores and makes assists a lot. In his first season, his overall contribution was 24 goals & 14 assists in 53 appearances with the 7.36 average rating which is very nice.

- How is your training rating in terms of coach quality?

- Do you specifically play through the middle when he plays as winger?

All of my coaches are 4* or higher, most are 4.5*. I've been playing him as an IF/s. He did pick up later on in the season. He bagged about 10 goals in all competitions and a handfull of assists. I'd have liked to play him up front as the 'Plays with back to goal' PPM doesn't really suit a wide man but Sturridge was on fire all season. I might see if i can train it out of him

Anyone tried him in the AMC position? If so, what role? Just started a Sassuolo save and kinda want my front four to be:

(IF-A) Berardi (?) Embolo (IF-S) Sansone

(AF-A) Calleri

I'm trying him out as a Shadow Striker at the moment in a kind of lop-sided 4-3-3 (False nine or defensive forward up top, an inside forward on the right wing and Embolo to the left of centre with an attacking wing back aggressively pushing in to the space outside of him). Pre-season results have been good (season 2) but I haven't kicked a competitive ball yet so too early to say.

If I was guessing, I would suggest that he isn't really the right type of AMC to play in between attacking inside forwards and an advanced forward; you'd want more of a playmaker in there somewhere to make the most of the runs those players make.

I'm trying him out as a Shadow Striker at the moment in a kind of lop-sided 4-3-3 (False nine or defensive forward up top, an inside forward on the right wing and Embolo to the left of centre with an attacking wing back aggressively pushing in to the space outside of him). Pre-season results have been good (season 2) but I haven't kicked a competitive ball yet so too early to say.

If I was guessing, I would suggest that he isn't really the right type of AMC to play in between attacking inside forwards and an advanced forward; you'd want more of a playmaker in there somewhere to make the most of the runs those players make.

Yeah, I was thinking that but have to say Gregoire Defrel is playing great for me at the moment. Got 2 goals and 7 assists as a False 9 along side Calleri so I might just focus my spending elsewhere. Let me know how Embolo gets on in that position though.

• 1 month later...

Archived