How long does it take you to complete a season?

Hi all,

Long term lover of FM but nowadays do not have enough time to play endless hours as I used to!

Prior to the full release of FM16 I am torn between whether to buy the full game or wait for FM Touch on the iPad...

I suppose the most daunting thing in the PC game is just getting the first season started as thats when most overhauls will be done, but anyway, please comment and let me know how long it takes you to complete a season!

Thanks

37 hours for my first season - i am currently at 65 hours and into March on 2nd season....i remember it used to only take 8 hours a season on one of the earlier version of FM, however, I am not a fan of Football Manager Touch as I feel its strips out too much content for me

personally I would love an Instant Result option added to full fat that works (using subs during game) without having to download a skin.....this would help me get through the seasons quicker and giving me all the features that the full version offers

37 hours for my first season - i am currently at 65 hours and into March on 2nd season....i remember it used to only take 8 hours a season on one of the earlier version of FM, however, I am not a fan of Football Manager Touch as I feel its strips out too much content for me

32hrs played currently and not even at Christmas!!!! I really need to pick up the pace :)

personally I would love an Instant Result option added to full fat that works (using subs during game) without having to download a skin.....this would help me get through the seasons quicker and giving me all the features that the full version offers

Why not just play each game with commentary only on a high speed, you could always check out the highlights later.

My FM15 save has an average of just over 16 hours per season, but a lot of that has been played very quickly.

That was all at one club with most of the games watched on commentary only. It's the first season at a new club that takes the most time.

I've never understood the rush to complete seasons.

As long as you enjoy the game what does it matter how long it takes you?

Actual playing time it probably takes me about 15-25 hours per season, thats every match on comprehensive highlights then whatever time with things like scouting.

Same Cougar, I'm one of those that spends a few hours before even clicking continue past the first day really, for me taking over a team, assessing what it lacks and needs and what I want to achieve etc is the best part.. and obviously, bargain and wonderkid hunting is my thing.

Same Cougar, I'm one of those that spends a few hours before even clicking continue past the first day really, for me taking over a team, assessing what it lacks and needs and what I want to achieve etc is the best part.. and obviously, bargain and wonderkid hunting is my thing.

This!

Even had a couple of saves when I actually didn't even press continue before saving and quitting..! Desided I needed to think about things during the night..

Scouting is the most important and if I miss a good deal I know I could have got, I almost can't forgive myself..

Still on my first save on FM14!! Going to buy FM16 though..

2157 hours played / 20 seasons simulated / 12 months in a season = 8.9hrs playing time per season.

2157 hours played / 24 hours in a day = 89.8 days spent playing FM14. :eek:

Either I'm bad at math or this doesn't make sense.. Why divide by 12..!?

2157 hours / 20 seasons = Time per season..

Either way, impressive gametime!

typically takes me between 18 and 24 hours to complete (under my loadsa-players, blank starting squad settings)

24 hours for season 1, then 18-20 hours for each season thereafter (because after season 1, everything's set up)

my demo save of Juventus has a playing time of 17 hours and I've been in charge for 367 days (although takes me a LOT less with less players loaded, and staff/players already in place)

and I'm not being as thorough because I'm not continuing this save for the full release

I don't think I've ever completed a season.

I use full game (no highlights) and follow the in-game calendar religiously (so like 1-2 games a week) to make it as realistic as possible. So if the in-game calendar says I have no matches scheduled for 10 days (like duirng an international break) then I won't be playing. Then sometimes I switch teams or manage another team so completing a season is impossible. By the time I'm close, the next version of FM is out and I'll be playing that one instead.

2 hours played turned of wasted £35 again this year oh well

I'm not going to mention that you could get a refund due to steams services

although a bigger question is why are you shelling out for a beta of a game that you 'wasted' money on previously?

why not wait for a review (or try out a free demo yourself)

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread but I was going to make a new one, then spotted this one. How long does it take you to complete a season in Football Manager 2017?

I'm in February in my second season with Crewe and my game status shows 33 hours in total. I'd say that's quite fast for me. But I used to have worse PC/laptop while playing older versions of FM so that probably explains it.

That being said, first season takes me about 24 hours, then maybe 12-18 hr / season.

22 minutes ago, Proffa said:

I know it's an old thread but I was going to make a new one, then spotted this one. How long does it take you to complete a season in Football Manager 2017?

I'm in February in my second season with Crewe and my game status shows 33 hours in total. I'd say that's quite fast for me. But I used to have worse PC/laptop while playing older versions of FM so that probably explains it.

That being said, first season takes me about 24 hours, then maybe 12-18 hr / season.

I'm probably around the same as you. I'm in March of the second season of my Bournemouth save and I'm on a shade over 36 hours.

Seasons can vary in time spent, I tend to get through them quicker if I'm playing in larger chunks - I can do a season in a weekend if I play for 12 hours solid, but if I'm pickinhg up and playing a for an hour at a time I'll normally only get 3 games in that time so it takes a lot longer 

Come to think of it, my playing speed varies a lot a like gunner86 said. Right now I went for a winning streak and everything seems easy. The whole February went by fast with 7 games in it.

EDIT: 7 game pure winning streak!!! Woohooo!

first day taking over the club is a 24 hour average for me! 

hopefully on my last save of this version, been 21 days and half way through 7th season. though i am sure there have been a few hours of the game being left on here and there

matches take around 15-20 minutes. 60-70 games a season, without pre season. say 4 games an hour, so around the 15 hour mark for a season once it starts properly

i have no life

I'm playing no more than one match a day (watching full match) so my season is month or even more (for example when I played in France: 38 league matches + a few domestic or international cup matches + pre season = almost two months)

Archived