FM16: Nottingham Forest FC - 150 Years & Counting

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LJYsl5u.png

Managed to walk the league after a few key loan signings and further removed the deadwood.

Anyone have any luck signing big name midfielders? All of them rejected Nottingham Forest, was lucky to get Lucas Romero who's only half decent

Got Flamini on a free. Other than that, not really.

I have started a game, albeit in FMT rather than the full game. Seem to be lacking a little balance and that transfer embargo is a problem as a couple of potential targets have already been missed. I was hoping interest in Fox might go somewhere but he got himself injured, that £20k wage off the bill would have been a great help.

So I ended up selling Kelvin Wilson to Norwich for £1.3M to free up some wages but I think it may have been a mistake. Injuries are taking their toll and I haven't even played a competitive game yet. I haven't managed to sign anyone yet so I have some serious gaps, especially a right back and a holding midfielder.

I think I am going to cry. I've played 2 competitive games beating Brighton 3-1 and then Cambridge 3-1 in the league cup. In both games the condition of all of my players was down to the 60%s by the end and I have lost 2 more players to injury in each. I now have 11 injured players mostly for several months.

On the basis of the condition problem am I doing something wrong in pre-season? I am playing FMT so only have limited control but did some fitness work early on and then team cohesion and played 7 pre-season games.

That's a great start that Floyd. What sort of signings have you made?

eOsFx3E.png

Not sure why it still shows Dragowski there as I cancelled the deal.

Bilal - Plays on the wings and in the hole, a good player but seems to have consistency issues

Rajkovic - New keeper to replace Evtimov, seems a bit injury prone as he's already been injured for 2 months and we aren't long into the season but definitely a bit improvement

Valverde - Was lacking quality backups in the midfield area so he's first choice to come off the bench

Dias de Castro - Every time Hobbs plays we concede so de Castro has earned first choice in defence at the age of 18, looks like a regen defender.

Lucas Romero - Literally any other good midfielder wouldn't enter transfer talks with the club so had to look for some not well known talent. Scouts rate him as a leading player for PL clubs and he seems to be dominating the midfield so far.

RLC - Not sure why RLC isn't listed but I think its because I renewed the loan from last year, but he slots alongside Romero in the midfield role and is one of the stand out players.

I got 30m to spend after promotion, now we are upgrading training faciltiies, building a new stadium and I requested more transfer budget and they gave me another 30m :lol:

NRnFT8J.png

Robterrace what has happened to Britt in this years version? In last years version he was banging in 40+ goals a season now in this version he forgot how to strike a ball

I have made it to the first international break with a surprising degree of success. We beat Brighton 3-1 on opening day and then Cambridge in the League Cup, as I said losing 4 players to injury in the process including Jonny Williams for 3 months of a six month loan.

We then won our next 3 league games with Jorge Grant and Ollie Burke playing key roles and Kasheme Walton making his debut as a sub - Blackstock, Walker and O'Grady all being injured.

Next up came Aston Villa in the League Cup and we held them at 0-0 through extra time but lost out on penalties. By the end of the game, on a Wednesday night, all my players were down to around 50% conditioning and were were facing Cardiff on the Saturday which we drew 0-0.

So with the break a welcome relief for the tired players we are top of the league with 13 points from 5 games but out of the League Cup at the 2nd Round stage. Osborn, playing wide left as an indie forward because of an injury to Ward, has 3 goals, Oliveira 3 too I think and Jorge Grant replacing the injured Williams at AMC has 2. Jack Kelly, Roger Reira, Alex Iacovitti and Dylan Burns have all made appearances.

I've had a mixed start. Playing a 433 (with a winger & inside forward). I did manage to settle into 2nd spot in the Championship but come Jan there are 7 teams within 3 points of 2nd, with Wolves way ahead in 1st.

Injuries have been a constant nightmare too with Pinillos out longer than Cohen so i had to play fox and train Mancienne into a RB as cover for the FB's. O'Grady was my only goal scorer as Oliviera struggled to hit the target even though he was getting plenty of shots in. De Vires became homesick so was sold for free and Sam Johnston from Man U came in.

In Jan I also took a gamble and cancelled O'Grady's loan deal and Ebecillo (as he was injured for months) to bring in Morgan Amafitano, who once match fit was excellent goal scorer from the wing, only to himself suffer an injury for several weeks. Asombalonga has taken his place now that he is back fit for the run in.

I tried to offload Chris Burke and Fryatt but with no success (even without a fee)

Its not easy keeping Hobbs, Mills, Wilson and Mancienne happy. Hobbs and Wilson are producing the highest average ratings but I’m having to rotate to keep the mood in the squad happy.

Jamie Ward is my IF on the left but has only just started to score.

Osborn has been the player of the year so far, as was Williams while he was on loan.

I resigned Alan Hill as my DoF. I always have a DoF if for no other reason than as an extra scout.

Does Fawaz throw in the cash in season 2?

I've had a mixed start. Playing a 433 (with a winger & inside forward). I did manage to settle into 2nd spot in the Championship but come Jan there are 7 teams within 3 points of 2nd, with Wolves way ahead in 1st.

Injuries have been a constant nightmare too with Pinillos out longer than Cohen so i had to play fox and train Mancienne into a RB as cover for the FB's. O'Grady was my only goal scorer as Oliviera struggled to hit the target even though he was getting plenty of shots in. De Vires became homesick so was sold for free and Sam Johnston from Man U came in.

In Jan I also took a gamble and cancelled O'Grady's loan deal and Ebecillo (as he was injured for months) to bring in Morgan Amafitano, who once match fit was excellent goal scorer from the wing, only to himself suffer an injury for several weeks. Asombalonga has taken his place now that he is back fit for the run in.

I tried to offload Chris Burke and Fryatt but with no success (even without a fee)

Its not easy keeping Hobbs, Mills, Wilson and Mancienne happy. Hobbs and Wilson are producing the highest average ratings but I’m having to rotate to keep the mood in the squad happy.

Jamie Ward is my IF on the left but has only just started to score.

Osborn has been the player of the year so far, as was Williams while he was on loan.

I resigned Alan Hill as my DoF. I always have a DoF if for no other reason than as an extra scout.

Does Fawaz throw in the cash in season 2?

If you don't get promoted you get around 7m to spend. If you do get promoted you get 30m + another 30m at Christmas time if you request it

Looking very good there Rob!

3Fg08dE.png

End of first season in PL. Chelsea won the CL and Liverpool won the Europa League so we managed to squeeze into Europa League football! but we are going to need to expand our squad

zoiUGA8.png

Not sure why they gave me so much but I'm not complaining :lol:. Going to be a big transfer window if we are to do well in the EC and the League.

Oh my word. Is Fawaz still set as a sugar daddy or this that because of the new PL deal?

What expectations have the board given for the new season Floyd? Good season for the last one though.

Bit of both I'd say. The club gets around 80m from the new TV deal and most of it turns into a transfer budget. Fawaz is always looking to give you more money though.

Expectations are:

In Europa Cup to not get embarrassed :lol:

PL - I selected mid table finish but I could of selected EC qualification again.

FA Cup - 5th Round

Capital one cup - Semi Final

Reached Capital one cup semi final last year, only narrowly losing 1-2 to Arsenal so will definitely be looking to go far in all competitions!

FloydRix your smashing it!

I managed to hold onto 2nd and get back to the Prem too :D

may have made a few mistakes with signings but I got a bit sentimental and brought back Darlow (575k), Antonio (7m), Oliveria (2m), Ebecillo (4.5m), Lovre Kalinic (free), Danilo D'Ambrosio (4m), Jon Flanagan (loan), Joel Campbell (loan)

Jamie Paterson did well on loan at Huddersfield and couldn't agree the terms of his move so I was happy to hold onto him as a backup.

Just finishing off preseason and looking to spend the last £12m of the budget

FloydRix your smashing it!

I managed to hold onto 2nd and get back to the Prem too :D

may have made a few mistakes with signings but I got a bit sentimental and brought back Darlow (575k), Antonio (7m), Oliveria (2m), Ebecillo (4.5m), Lovre Kalinic (free), Danilo D'Ambrosio (4m), Jon Flanagan (loan), Joel Campbell (loan)

Jamie Paterson did well on loan at Huddersfield and couldn't agree the terms of his move so I was happy to hold onto him as a backup.

Just finishing off preseason and looking to spend the last £12m of the budget

Great work Carninho.

Well, I may just be breaking my transfer record....

kKTfnJj.jpg

Is he a left back or a right back? Never heard of him personally but to break the transfer record he must be good.

Great work Carninho.

Is he a left back or a right back? Never heard of him personally but to break the transfer record he must be good.

Right back. Cracking player for Dortmund.. :D

Got a possible world class regen signing as well.. :D

I am not doing very well with the photos thing but I have now made it to the international break after the Derby game so nearly up to real life!

We beat Derby 4-1 with Jamie Ward getting a hat-trick.

[video=youtube_share;AZMszvIshFo]

We are now 2nd having previously dropped to 4th but come back with 5 wins on the bounce. Wolves are relentless at the top at the moment, Sheff Wed just a point behind in 3rd.

Antonio & Oliviera are really performing well in the Prem for me (2nd Season), both scoring 7 in 10 games. Nelson even has one of the top ave ratings in the league. I bought him for £2m and he has a release clause of £11.5m, he's currently worth £8m already?!

results are pretty mixed though. I've not been out classed yet but averaging a point a game from the first 10. Once all the foreigners are speaking English, and players are fully trained in their individual roles/positions things should really start to improve.

We've beaten Liverpool and Everton and lost to 2-1 away to Man City from a loose backpass from Hobbs. Man Utd was a 2-1 defeat too. Spurs was a thriller, from being 2-0 up we scored late to make it 3-3. WBA beat us 3-0 but we shared the possession and chances. biggest blip came losing to Peterboro' on pens in the 3rd round of the league cup, I did put out a 2nd string team but even they should have been too good for the Posh (Darlow, Lichaj, Mancienne, Mills, Pinilos, Ward, Ekdal, Cohen, Tesche, Amafitano & Assombalonga)

Ebicilio is out for a couple of months so i had to bring in a deadline day deal for Swede Albin Ekdal. Lansbury is bossing the midfield since i changed his role to a roaming playmaker. Osborn was in that role but not not at the same level as Henri, so Osborn is now in as a DLP, with Ekdal & Cohen fighting for the B2B position till Ebicilio is back. Joel Campbell is on the right side, which means that Assombalonga is on the bench. Each time I'm about to give up on Campbell one last chance he scores or produces a magic spell at the end of the game.

I'm a bit worried about the CB situation. how do Hobbs, Wilson, Mancienne & Mills do for you guys?

How did you get Tieleman?

Just got promoted but he doesn't want to join Nottingham Forest as it isnt big enough.

I'm sure he was transfer listed so he managed to snap him up for £10m.
He's transfer listed in my game too but just not interested in joining Nottingham Forest :(

Yeah, exactly that. I think he was transfer listed for a good six months before I managed to get him after winning the Championship in the first season.

Finished fourth in Prem second season but Champions League was tough so soon after getting promoted & playing with a young, developing side. That & only having Ben Osborn as a first team squad member who is home grown at club so I was three players short on a full squad. I got knocked out in group stages to PSG & Real Madrid, I'm in Europa Cup quarter final now but the likes of Monaco are still in it so chances of winning are slim.

On the transfer budget front, I think I was given around £25-£30m in the first window in the Prem then without any notice I saw I was linked to splash out on some player so checked my finances and I had another £30m or so to spend in January, so I did. :D

Ryan Mendes & Nelson Oliveira were fantastic in the Championship and I was quite tempted to buy them but didn't.

Off the top of my head, my second season signings were:

Youri Tielemans

Iver Fossum

Richairo Zivkovic

Andrija Zivkovic

Guillermo Sara

Thiago Maia

Nathanial Clyne (transfer listed, bought in Jan)

Felix Passlack (loan)

Joe Gomez (loan)

Claudio Bumba

Bjorn Engels

A. Zivkovic & Bumba were freebies.

Andrija Zivkovic is the best player I've got by a mile. He's immense and has topped the scoring and assist tables for two seasons now.

Third season signings:

Ron Robert Zieler - GK (free)

Emannual Mammana - CB

Nemanja Antonov - LB

Borja (Lopez) - CB

Tomas Kalas (CB/RB)

Andros Townsend RW/LW

Munir CF (Loan)

Vadlac Cerny - RW/LW

Marcelo Meli - CM

Kalas & Townsend were mainly to boost my HG numbers, I didn't realise Zieler was HG too so that was a bonus. I also bought a load of youngsters for development, including Maximiliano Romero & Andre Dozzell.

My starting line-up usually looks something like this now:

Zieler (GK)

Clyne(RB) - Mammana (BPD) - Regen (CD)/Borja(CD) - Antonov (LB)

Maia (DM)

Fossum (BBM) - Meli (BBM) / Tielemans (AP)

Zivkovic (IF) - Cerny / Bumba (W)

Munir / Zivkovic (AF)

Tielemans / Meli rotation depends on how defensively I think I need to play and the regen CB I've got is only 18yo but apparently is as good as Borja.

A. Zivkovic is magic. I've turned down a £60m bid from Monaco for him and offered him a new contract making him the highest paid player (£70k iirc). He's topped the scoring, assists & MoM charts for the club for two seasons running now as well as being linked with the Premiership Player & Young Player of the Year Awards.

Glad to see someone is having a new stadium built. When I asked they reckoned we needed more supporters before they'd do that and tbh, they're probably right. We've only have two league sellouts this season and 94% av attendance. I have had the training and youth facilities upgraded a couple of times now as well as increased youth recruitment and coaching so I'm generally quite happy with how things are going.

Oh my word. Is Fawaz still set as a sugar daddy or this that because of the new PL deal?

I think this is mainly the new PL deal. Fawaz invested £15m or something like that when I got promoted I think but since then he hasn't had to put in a penny, I'm operating on massive profits year on year even with £30-50m budget & about £11m spent a year on improving facilities. Then again, I see on that new stadium news item it says £95m or something will be funded by stadium sponsorship so I'm guessing that will be Fawaz Fridges getting their money out lol

I have made it past game 34 in season 1, yes I am slow - time is short, and am top but it is very tight with 4 or 5 teams fighting it out and positions changing with virtually every game.

Williams has gone back to Palace but I have signed Norwegian Kristoffer Ajer on loan immediately after he was signed from Start by Man City. I have also signed Icelandic winger Arnor Ingvi Traustason from Norrkoping who is doing a great job of laying on goals for the newly recovered Matty Fryatt. Assombalonga returned from injury and was immediately injured again in training without ever playing, I doubt he'll play this season.

Pretty disappointed with this season, definitely should have closed out the league. 10 games to go, top of the league, playing Man City at home and we bottle it, then just completely crumble the last few games.

Quite an interesting season - our star defender was out for the season in the first game so to come this far without him isn't that bad I suppose. Carling Cup was pretty funny, a 0-6 loss to Man City in the third round while we lost in the FA Cup Semi Final to Liverpool on penalties.

League table:

GrMZP4v.png

Pretty happy about this though!

QpimB8H.png

I need to figure out the photo thing but I have now won the league in season one. Bizarrely given they came bottom in Rob's game it was MK Dons who took us to the wire. I lost the 3 games prior to the final game which was a title decider at their place and fortunately a draw secured us the title.

Now the difficult bit starts as I try to build a team to stay up. Going to be a big turnover of players I think with so many on loan or out of contract and wanting big money to renew.

Fryatt was amazing when he got fit with 13 goals in 15 appearances. Britt just kept getting niggles and made a couple of substitute appearances only.

I've just finished my first season, was hard, especially after Williams went back to palace, after then i was really inconsistent. Settled for mid table, Oliveria scored 22 and assombalonga got 10. Got to the end of the season and a consortium brought the club, was hoping they'd give me loads of money for transfers, gave me 1.8 million, Cohen wouldn't re-sign, and ebecillio,Oliveria and Mendez have gone back, going to be hard again, managed to sign Darren Gibson on a free and Sam Johnstone on loan

I have renewed Cohen and Lichaj but let everyone else out of contract leave. I have also welcomed Paterson back as I think I need the bodies and my scout/coach says he's a Premier League player. Also renewed Pinillos's contract as he was at risk of going.

I have signed Zuculini from Man City for 2m and made a couple of lesser signings for the squad and only have 4m left to spend which is not a lot given all the players I have lost from loans and contract expiry. I am trying to sign Bamford - I'm a sentimental old fool - which would be a fair chunk out of the rest of my budget.

Think I am going to need some good loan signings to make up the squad.

has anyone done much with Tyler Walker? I have had him out on loan for the first 2 years off and on, and he hasn't pulled up any trees. His stats haven't improved too much but his PA is still showing 4 stars. Going into season 3 I don't know weather to give him more starts in my XI or work with a couple of other promising strikers that I have bought in for cover

Archived