[FM16] What is the name of that skin panel?

duccio

For the images:

button bits should be in: \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\standard\normal\top

down arrow: \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons/custom/interface/tab bar/down

The locations are declared in the classes\sections_menu_strip.xml through you have to browse through a couple of linked files to find them.

A few more questions.

• Where can the width of the sidebar be adjusted?
  • How to remove the vertical line between the sidebar and titlebar?
  • How to remove the line that is at the bottom of the titlebar (or actionbar)?
  • Is there a panel which dictates the contents of the actionbar?

OzA3qh8.png

First three items are all controlled by the '\skins\fm\panels\client object browser.xml' file

To adjust sidebar width locate this line:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="45" false_value="160" disable_setting_name="force_small_sidebar"/>

First value is for the icons only width, second value for one with text - however if you increase the icon one too much the text will start to display. (More detailed instructions can be found in the sidebar guide from fm15).

To remove the line between the sidebar and titlebar still in the client object browser file, locate this line near the top:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left, extend" gap="1" offset="0" />

And reduce the gap value to "0"

For the bottom border on the actionsbar locate this code:

<!-- coloured actions bar image -->

<widget class="bordered_box" id="ACTb" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper" red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="primary"/>

And make sure both the red and green replacement colours are set to the same value, though they should be the same colour by default anyway. (Or you can browse to the linked image and recolour it to pure red)

What appears on the actionsbar is determined by the various xml files located in \skins\fm\sections there should be a thread from FM15 that gives details on what can be edited and how you do it.

Excellent. Thank you michaeltmurrayuk, soon my skin will be at the point I can begin to actually play the game. :thup:

In FM15 I edited some partially transparent png files to change the darkness of the squad screen's player rows (and mouse hover etc.). It was about a year ago and can't now find the equivalent files on FM16. :( Where are the files located?

kCKtbP3.png

For the zooming issue you are best raising it in the bugs forum (you might be able to adjust the height by 0.5 pixels if the game will read a part value for image heights), for the squad rows they should be controlled by these graphics:

<!-- Starting XI Styles -->

<flags id="stxi" value="table/standard/row/normal/row" />

<!-- Subs Styles -->

<flags id="subs" value="tables/custom/squad/substitute/row" />

<!-- Sent off Styles -->

<flags id="soff" value="tables/custom/cards/red/row" />

<!-- Not in squad Styles -->

<flags id="nisq" value="tables/custom/squad/outside squad/row" />

<!-- Highlighted Styles -->

<flags id="hida" value="tables/custom/league/champions/row" />

Which will be located in \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tables\

For the zooming issue you are best raising it in the bugs forum (you might be able to adjust the height by 0.5 pixels if the game will read a part value for image heights), for the squad rows they should be controlled by these graphics:

I tried the 0.5 pixel adjustment and edited the question out of my above post before I noticed you had answered. The adjustment worked.

Thanks again for your advice.

About the content of the actionsbar. Is it possible to move the description (that depending on the situation can contain for example clubs position in a league) from "titlebar search panel.xml" to the actionsbar and there on the right side of everything else. I have tried editing the "sidebar sections.xml", and while some changes to it are visible in the game, I have been unable to make the description to appear there.

Y9cp1qg.png

Does anyone have ideas about moving the description into the actionsbar? For me working with the skin code is a question of trial and error, and it seems I'm only erring with this one.

have a look in the header.xml or global panels.xml

have a look in the header.xml or global panels.xml

Pasting the description into the header.xml at least makes it appear in the game. One problem is that depending on which spot in the header.xml code the description is placed, either the clickable portions of the description do not work, or any other buttons that are on the same horizontal line with the description do not work. If the description is within the the same container as the titlebar, I think it would disappear behind the actionsbar if its vertical position was adjusted to that height.

With the global panels.xml I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Editing it seems to just stop everything from working.

I also tried to edit client object browser.xml, and within it its easy to duplicate for example the "help system", but adding the description to the same place does not make it visible in the game.

Pasting the description into the header.xml at least makes it appear in the game. One problem is that depending on which spot in the header.xml code the description is placed, either the clickable portions of the description do not work, or any other buttons that are on the same horizontal line with the description do not work. If the description is within the the same container as the titlebar, I think it would disappear behind the actionsbar if its vertical position was adjusted to that height.

With the global panels.xml I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Editing it seems to just stop everything from working.

I also tried to edit client object browser.xml, and within it its easy to duplicate for example the "help system", but adding the description to the same place does not make it visible in the game.

In 'client object browser' locate these lines (#114):

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right, extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

!-- actions and sections bar -->

<container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

And replace with:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,200,70,80" alignment="right, extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- actions and sections bar -->

<container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

!-- description -->

<widget class="text" id="subs" size="xsmall" alignment="left, centre_y" multiline="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" height="10" colour="secondary">

<record id="object_property">

<list id="get_properties">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="subt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="text" />

</record>

<!--<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>-->

</list>

</record>

</widget>

You'll need to play around with the bolded values to position it correctly, first value is for the actionsbar content, second one is the pasted description text, third is for the IGE icon and last one is for the help icon. You can also change the multiline bit to true to get the description on two lines to free up more room.

That is great. It works. :thup:

In my mind the drawback of adding the description via client object browser is that the description is fixed to its place, rather than being always within the same distance of whatever content the actionsbar has. This will do though if there aren't other solutions (and with my limited knowledge I have tried "everything").

Archived