Professional personality with casual aproach to training

In a youth save I have a AML who is a speed merchant 16 acc 15 pace, but he is not evolving, luckily for now the basic technical skills he has have been enough due to the low division I play in.

The strange thing is that his personality is Professional and he gets a message on the training review that he is not evolving because of his casual approach to training.

Is this a bug? Unlucky combination of other hidden characteristics?

Most of the information talks about all the professional personalities, plus spirited and resolute being the best for youngsters because it makes them better at reaching their potential.

Thanks, I'll check.

The trouble is that I only have a balanced tutor available, I presume is better than him not evolving, he will lose a lot of determination points. :(

Never EVER tutor a professional player with a balanced one ever. You'll give him a poorer personality type.

The player in question btw and the message you get, it sounds like he's on the wrong training or not being trained in the right way.

Professionalism and ambition are what count towards player development. So it doesn't matter if the tutors determination drops if all you are focused on is giving players the best possible chance of reaching their potential ability.

That is interesting, what is considered poor performances?

I use to warn about poor form, play better or you're benched for everyone under 6.5 on last 5 matches and they accept it.

At about 6.4 and lower, you get the option to discipline them for their performance after the game. Very often when you warn them you'll see a boost in Determination and/or Workrate.

Understood but determination helps in match performances and thus development as well though right? Understood it's not near as important as ambition and professionalism, but still want to keep it as high as you can right?

No it has no direct link to development.

Wait.. so there is no difference with development if a player scores 6.5 or 7.0 match performances? So basically I just need to beat on them whenever they go under a 6.5?

It's the amount of game time that matters.

I remember another issue, some player have a lost of determination and a message appears that some squad faults are rubbing in on the player!

I'll also get a screenshot of it.

It's explained here;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/442638-Important-FM16-Training-Changes

Ok one more while we are on a roll... Is all playing time created equal? Meaning what is the difference between a player playing a U19 game versus a B side game versus a First team match? Are they weighted different somehow when it comes to development? Is there a good source of this info and some guidelines on games per season and types? I've read your Ajax thread already and I've had some guidelines from other research but you've been blasting holes in that this whole thread.

Thanks very much for the link.

Unfortunately I'm on the third season of a youth only save, not much I can do, except to start taking care when people play poorly and hope to stop the determination bleed. :(

I always value game time, being on a lower league I sometimes put a player with one less star in CA than another if it has a lot of PA stars to fill, normally at the end of the season he is at least the level of the other guy. :)

Yeah all the different levels of football give different ratings to the match time they receive. First team in higher leagues is better than the level below and so on. Ignore what you've read elsewhere as my Ajax thread is 100% accurate. Only other reliable source I know of is Rashidi who covers training.

For previous versions, I'd read that the player needs to play long enough to get a rating in the match in order for the game time to "count" towards development. Is that still the case?

Still the same yes. I linked a thread further up that highlights all the changes made for FM16. If something isn't listed or mentioned then it still works the same as previous versions :)

What's your squad personality? I can't remember what screen its on in FM16, but somewhere (under Club?) you can see what the overall personality of your team is. You may just be unlucky that this regen (who has an excellent personality by himself, with good Professionalism, Temperament, Controversy and Pressure) is picking up bad habits from the teammates around him. That's a new feature in FM16.

Why had his Determination gone down? Did you cancel tutoring with a senior player before you took these screenshots?

Archived