player comparison help

i am having issues with player comparision. for example in the following pic the game states Trip would be the better choice for attacking fullback over Dickman. Now if i am reading this correctly the attributes for attacking Fb to pay attention to are Cross, Dribb, FT, Marking, Tack, Ant, Conc, OTB, Pos, Team, WR, Acc, Pace, Stam. Looking it over i cant help but think Dickman is the better choice. So im asking someone elses advice. just to understand if my way of thinking is off and why if it is.

Nicolás Tripichio has the stay back at all times PPm and Dickman has no PPMs. so this further confuses me why they would pick him

Wj9Esy9.jpg

im using this save as a way to learn how things work and what choices to make tactic wise. also these are the TI and the PI. just looking at this alone wouldnt it pretty much disqualify trip just because he has the stay back at all times PPM? I just found it odd the game selected him as the best choice for the position.

This isnt a tactic i created, I downloaded it. Im using it to try to learn about how tactics work, etc

SBL6lXb.pngreMuIOP.png

Where is it saying Trip is the better choice for that role? I'm only seeing a comparison of stats?

Unless you mean your assistant manager or someone is saying as much.. in which case it comes down to his judgement, which is based on more than cold hard attributes.

That's a lot of PIs :eek:.

Anyway, the most important thing is for you to employ players that your tactical system requires.

Do you need an attacking fullback, someone who is going to get forward to support attacking play, maybe provide overlaps and crosses into the box? If you do then consider the important attributes that kind of player needs (and PPMs if there are any).

Perhaps you want someone more defensive minded, who will only venture forward on occasion? Someone to provide a more stable base behind an attacking winger maybe? Again, consider which attributes may be best.

The game doesn't know what kind of player your tactical system needs, so it'll just give you a generic overview. Which player fits your system is more important.

Archived