[FM2016] English County Leagues (custom English league structure)

I present to you the English County Leagues, a complete revamp of English professional football.

Each of the 48 ceremonial counties have a team, which are separated into 4 leagues of 12. There is also a County Cup.

Every team has their own logo (credit to William_Dawkins on Photobucket), nickname, rivalries, stadium etc. They start with zero players but are given enough money to buy a squad of players. How much they are given depends on their reputation.

The competitions also have their own logos.

All previous professional English teams are now extinct (with all players and staff released) except for the Welsh teams, who have moved to the Welsh leagues.

u7Pd44.jpg

eR1qN5.jpg

Installation:

Copy the "Football Manager 2016" folder into the sports interactive folder.

If the graphics do not appear then go into the in-game preferences, clear the cache and reload the skin.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

I have done a lot of testing for bugs and hopefully this version has no issues (although obviously I cannot 100% guarantee it).

Hope you enjoy!

Update

I have had some feedback regarding clubs original balances and decided to change the amount of money teams start out with.

Basically I originally had it so that every team was given the appropriate amount of money, in line with their reputation, to buy a squad of players. However because all the players who played for English teams are now free agents, clubs end up not needing to spend much of this money and hoarding the rest. In an ideal world the AI would use this money to buy players they wouldn't normally be able to attract, however the AI is still limited in this regard. My mate played as Warwickshire in County League 4 and managed to get Joe Hart and a premier league standard squad, just by spending a lot of money on them. The AI doesn't do this, making the game too easy.

I have now put every club's balance to 0 and it now feels so much more balanced. Clubs still get a starting balance from TV money and season tickets etc but they don't now hoard money and human managers don't have a huge transfer budget to afford players out of their league.

Sorry for the inconvenience! It was partly down to poor AI and partly poor design on my behalf.

The new update is below.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?52spttj3nl6d4z7

I downloaded these files the other night, and I'm having a lot of fun with them. I've started a save with "fake names" for players, which creates an entirely separate English football "world." I'm also thinking about starting one with real players, to see where everybody ends up.

Either way, it is shaping up to be a lot of fun. Good work, tiotom.

I was actually thinking of doing something similar myself (only with the 39 historical counties instead), but you beat me to it. Great work! :):thup:

Just one question: How did you choose which teams to put in which league from the beginning? Looking at your screenshots, I get the impression that it's based on population, which seems as logical as anything...

I downloaded these files the other night, and I'm having a lot of fun with them. I've started a save with "fake names" for players, which creates an entirely separate English football "world." I'm also thinking about starting one with real players, to see where everybody ends up.

Either way, it is shaping up to be a lot of fun. Good work, tiotom.

Thank you man, appreciate it!

I was actually thinking of doing something similar myself (only with the 39 historical counties instead), but you beat me to it. Great work! :):thup:

Just one question: How did you choose which teams to put in which league from the beginning? Looking at your screenshots, I get the impression that it's based on population, which seems as logical as anything...

Yep, it's based on population. Basically everything is based on population as it's the only reference point I've got really! If that makes sense...

Also, give your idea a go, I doubt this is the first County database ever released!

Update

I have had some feedback regarding clubs original balances and decided to change the amount of money teams start out with.

Basically I originally had it so that every team was given the appropriate amount of money, in line with their reputation, to buy a squad of players. However because all the players who played for English teams are now free agents, clubs end up not needing to spend much of this money and hoarding the rest. In an ideal world the AI would use this money to buy players they wouldn't normally be able to attract, however the AI is still limited in this regard. My mate played as Warwickshire in County League 4 and managed to get Joe Hart and a premier league standard squad, just by spending a lot of money on them. The AI doesn't do this, making the game too easy.

I have now put every club's balance to 0 and it now feels so much more balanced. Clubs still get a starting balance from TV money and season tickets etc but they don't now hoard money and human managers don't have a huge transfer budget to afford players out of their league.

Sorry for the inconvenience! It was partly down to poor AI and partly poor design on my behalf.

The new update link is now in the original post.

Archived