Kits on tactics screen and Pre-Match Overview

Shevchenko

I have created kits for my team (shirts and 3D). The away kit has golden and black colours (were red and white by default). The kits work nice everywhere except for the tactics and Overview (when going into the game) - it still shows the default ones.

Any way to make the customized kit colours work? The realtime editor is disabled.

Aq8HM55.png

qisciq7.jpg

My first time ever creating kits... :)

It is posible to have unique tactic kits for every team...

you just ha ve to have the tactic kits in a different file from 2d and 3d and usethis line for every team in the config file :

<record from="teamname_h" to="graphics/pictures/club/team_id/kits/back/outfield/home/kitstyle/3"/>

number 3 is the style of kit , and in order to see the kit that number must be the same.

• 8 months later...
On 23/2/2016 at 23:39, cdiak said:

It is posible to have unique tactic kits for every team...

you just ha ve to have the tactic kits in a different file from 2d and 3d and usethis line for every team in the config file :

<record from="teamname_h" to="graphics/pictures/club/team_id/kits/back/outfield/home/kitstyle/3"/>

number 3 is the style of kit , and in order to see the kit that number must be the same.

can you give me an example? in which file should the tactics kit be and in what form? sorry for disturbing after so long time but i just saw this post, i am kind of new to the forums. thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Hliasp said:

can you give me an example? in which file should the tactics kit be and in what form? sorry for disturbing after so long time but i just saw this post, i am kind of new to the forums. thanks in advance.

lets say sometjhing like this :   .........\Football Manager 2017\graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\"country folder"

e.x. you have man utd home kit which is the number 1 kit from the editor and manutd id is 680. so the line must look like this :         <record from="manutd_h" to="graphics/pictures/club/680/kits/back/outfield/home/kitstyle/1"/>

thanks for the quick answer. i ll try as you said. i have a question though..i should put there the 2d kit of my team right? but 2d kits dont show the back part..will it prepent the front part of the kit or what? and of so, where will the player number go? thanks in advance, i ll try as soon as you give me that information, to have an idea what to expect.

i did it and nothing happened, tactic screen is the same. i created a folder"country" after  \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\ and i put there my kit and xml file. should i do something different? maybe an xml error? could you help me ? thank you very much my friend.

1 hour ago, Hliasp said:

i did it and nothing happened, tactic screen is the same. i created a folder"country" after  \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\ and i put there my kit and xml file. should i do something different? maybe an xml error? could you help me ? thank you very much my friend.

2d kits are only for the club overview pages, you cant have custom game kits on the tactics pitch screens.

Yes you can get custom kit backs to display on the formation page (however it will also replace them on your tactics page which will leave the numbers misaligned from the default squares depending what shirt style you are using).

However doing it is a bit tricky and the instructions have changed a bit.

First you need to work our what kit style your team is wearing for each of the kits (home, away, third and GK kits), easiest way to do this is to either check in the editor or extract the default graphics.fmf file (instructions in the stickied threads) then browse to \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\default from where you extract the graphics.fmf file and their are three subfolders - plain, same as front and square. From this folders you need to locate your teams kit, best way is to match it to the kit back shown on the formation screen.

Once you have your shirt number and type, you also need your club id, and then in a config you enter the following:

<record from="<GRAPHICS_FILENAME>" to="graphics/pictures/club/<CLUBS_ID>/kits/back/outfield/home/<SHIRT TYPE>/kitstyle/<KIT NUMBER>"/>

<GRAPHICS_FILENAME>  - name of the graphic you want to display in game.

<CLUBS_ID>  - Your clubs unique ID.

<SHIRT TYPE>  - The type of shirt, either 'plain', 'same as front' or 'square' - you get this name from the name of the folder you went into to find the shirt back style.

<KIT NUMBER>  - This is the kit style number, which is the filename of the kit image that matches your team from the previous folder.

So for example Man Utd's Home Kit is shirt type is 'same as front', their kit number is 5 (half/half kit style) and their unique id is 680, so the line in the config for the home kit should look like this:

<record from="5103843_away" to="graphics/pictures/club/680/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/5"/>

Which gives you this in game (I've just take a custom shirt front I had, but you should be able to make out the badge and sponsor which shows it's not a generic shirt back):

capture_006_11112016_180402.jpg

You need:

- the kit(s)/image(s) you want to display

- An entry in the config file for each kit you want to show in the format as above.

- The config file goes in the same folder as your images, and as long as that folder is inside your graphics folder within your user data location the exact location doesn't matter.

• 4 weeks later...

the thing is that it would take too much effort to make all reams look like that... of course, someone who like the look can fix the teams he usually play with or against..and lets hope vitrex can surprise us with an easier way.. thanks a lot for helping me out.

6 hours ago, Hliasp said:

the thing is that it would take too much effort to make all reams look like that... of course, someone who like the look can fix the teams he usually play with or against..and lets hope vitrex can surprise us with an easier way.. thanks a lot for helping me out.

Not 100% sure what you mean. Do you want to achieve something like this for every team?

Liverpool_Tactics_Senior_Squad.png

Hull_City_Tactics_Senior_Squad.png

Chelsea_Tactics_Senior_Squad.png

If so, it's very easy, all though it will kill the interaction of each icon (role/duty, condition, familiarity ect.) - but you can still change these from the left hand list of players.

If this is what you are looking for, just include this piece of code, in the tactics overview panel, in the pitch/icon_flags piece of code:

'use_player_kits_front'

This will simply turn around all icons, to show the shirt front (like the ones you see on the team of the week/month/season screens in the game) - no need to amend kits manually and create config files for each of them - if i understood you correctly.

Hope this was what you were looking for.

Enjoy ;-)

Edited by DimitriFromParis

6 hours ago, Hliasp said:

yes, having all teams like that was in my mind..is it really so easy? i ll try when i get home after work and i ll let you know.. you men are magicians.... hahahaha, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Yes pure magic...Now everybody will be releasing skins with shirt fronts :lol:.

Joke a side: Indeed it is - i was not sure, this was what you meant, as it is so easy to do, so i supposed at least Michael (+ some of the experienced skinners on here) would have known (maybe he/they misunderstood dunno).

But like i said, you will loose the interactivity with the icons. Else it works perfectly :-). 

Enjoy.

i added the line without removing anything and....MAGIC hahahah, ingredible....roles and duties as you said can be changed in the left side...perfect...THANK YOUUUUUUUU, i imagine vitrex will be like that, and ofcourse with much better 3d icons and other stuff..Liverpool_ Τακτικές Ξ ΟΟτη Ξμάδα.png

2 hours ago, Hliasp said:

to have the same effect ΞλυμπιακΟΟ‚ - Olympique Lyonnais_ Ξ ΟοεπισκΟπηση Ενδεκάδες.png in preview line up screen is nesesssary to do the same change to match preview line up xml. one question though...any idea why players of away teams are smaller in this screen?

To change them on the pre-match screen, you will have to do the same in this file: 

tactics icon basic horizontal info panel.xml (same folder = tactics)

The kits are smaller, because of the lineup. When a DM is present, everything gets squeezed together more (even the icons on the attacking part of the pitch despite them having lots of room). If the right hand side played a 4-4-2 formation, or the same formation as the left hand side, they would be equal in size.

6 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

Yes pure magic...Now everybody will be releasing skins with shirt fronts :lol:.

Joke a side: Indeed it is - i was not sure, this was what you meant, as it is so easy to do, so i supposed at least Michael (+ some of the experienced skinners on here) would have known (maybe he/they misunderstood dunno).

But like i said, you will loose the interactivity with the icons. Else it works perfectly :-). 

Enjoy.

There should be a thread around from an older version that gives you some examples of what you can do (I think it was one of the early methods to get roles/duties to show up), as there are a load of different options you can enable/disable for the tactics pitch by changing the icon flag values linked to the pitch with tactics widget for the screen in question.

• 3 years later...

Hi, 

I followed these steps and i succeed to add kits for Tactic so thank you for that. But i have 2 questions. 1) I want to know, where i can add new kits for my skin in this location.

image.thumb.png.7aa06b89d28c6f4a59d22ad0e2364fe7.png

I have these files

1963263158_Capture(1).PNG.34efbb3d7fcc2a8d218949975b5ee404.PNG

And

2.PNG.68adcdafcc51a984e28d6783a1e15de9.PNG

1253074791_3(1).PNG.232ece398ad0610f8544092cffabf699.PNG

But i don't find correct file. 

2)  Also i want to change kit GK but i don't understand how i can do that. If i have to add new line in the same file config.xml wich i use for add kit for others players ?  

And if i can choose other kit than home/away. Maybe third kit it's possible for GK ? to make difference between GK and others players. 

image.png.fff2169b9907a25e9d1aca59c13f471e.png

Sorry if my english is not very well

Thank you

Edited by Batistuta78
add too much pictures

tactics icon basic horizontal info panel xml file found in the panels\tactics folder should be the one that controls the match formation panel, if it's not present in your skin you'll need to extract it from the panels fmf file.

For the GK it will likely depend on which method you have used to enable the shirt fronts - if you have just changed the tactics file to use the shirt fronts instead of shirt backs then it is unlikely you'll be able to control which shirt is used for the GK. If you have used the other method of linking the graphic to the GK shirt through the config files then you just need to change which kit you have linked to that GK shirt, but even that might not work if he is wearing the Home GK shirt rather than the away one.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. But i tried the other method but i don't understand why it doesn't work. 

I putted these files 

image.png.e971d632d281c5e45310b8d25d102a12.png

in \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\kits\2d\outfield\back\default\eng

in my config, i add a line in green 

<record>
    <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
    <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
         in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
         place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
         files from the correct places
    -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="sunderland home" to="graphics/pictures/club/722/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/3"/>

</list>
</record>

But it doesn't work

image.png.2abc9ae495e4663311e409a22c824b77.png

Do you know why ? 

Thanks

Sorry for the formation screens you'll need to edit one of the match formation panel files, as you are using a custom skin you'll need to check the match in between highlights panel xml file for the exact formation panel used, all files should be in the panels\match folder for your skin.

For assigning shirt backs for individual teams it doesn't look like that code works any more in FM20.