Just got promoted to Prem, £26m budget, who shall I sign?

RobTheRed

Hi all, I have just gained promotion to the Prem with Forest in my second season. I am now approaching my 3rd with a £26m budget. Do you have any recommendations for signings? I'm sure I will need a couple of experienced players.

Which season are you in?

Some signings that have worked out well for me so far for Celtic:

- Jonathan Calleri, been great as a F9 for me and was cheap. Being chased by all the top clubs now.

- Cristian Pavon, brilliant left Inside forward for me. Bought from Boca for £3.5m in 2016 with add-ons - also being chased by most clubs.

- Andrija Zivkovic - Right Inside forward, absolutely amazing but may be too late for you as he gets snapped up quickly.

- Kristoffer Ajer - Phenomenal player, I play him as a Regista but again he moves on from Start very quickly (he has actually signed for Celtic irl, signed in the Jan transfer window so if you are using an updated database he will be at Celtic).

- Youri Tielemans - brilliant young centre mid.

- Jorge - will develop into a world class LB or left wingback.

- Erik Sviatchenko (at Celtic since Jan so again depends on your database)

- Martin Hinteregger - solid CB who can be acquired cheaply.

- Joao Cancelo - young RB or RWB and again will develop nicely.

- Emanuel Mammana - decent young CB.

- Predrag Rajkovic - Very good young keeper who will develop well.

Which season are you in?

Some signings that have worked out well for me so far for Celtic:

- Jonathan Calleri, been great as a F9 for me and was cheap. Being chased by all the top clubs now.

- Cristian Pavon, brilliant left Inside forward for me. Bought from Boca for £3.5m in 2016 with add-ons - also being chased by most clubs.

- Andrija Zivkovic - Right Inside forward, absolutely amazing but may be too late for you as he gets snapped up quickly.

- Kristoffer Ajer - Phenomenal player, I play him as a Regista but again he moves on from Start very quickly (he has actually signed for Celtic irl, signed in the Jan transfer window so if you are using an updated database he will be at Celtic).

- Youri Tielemans - brilliant young centre mid.

- Jorge - will develop into a world class LB or left wingback.

- Erik Sviatchenko (at Celtic since Jan so again depends on your database)

- Martin Hinteregger - solid CB who can be acquired cheaply.

- Joao Cancelo - young RB or RWB and again will develop nicely.

- Emanuel Mammana - decent young CB.

- Predrag Rajkovic - Very good young keeper who will develop well.

Some great shouts here. I can vouch for Jorge and Rajkovic, have both of them at Atletico. Rajkovic has just become my number 1 in January 2018 after I sold Oblak for £33.5m to PSG. Jorge I'm rotating with Bernat at LB and is class.

Calleri, Pavon, Zivkovic, Tielemans, Cancelo and Mammana would all be great signings as well. The others on the list I don't know enough about to comment on.

I'll also vouch for Rajkovic, he's been my Number 1 since I signed him after I got promoted with Wolves. Also try:

Andrija Balic - young MC/AMC who will develop well. I lay him as a DLP-s. Cost about £6m with another £3m in add ons.

Petar Stojanovic - young right back who devlops very well. Bought him as a hot prospect when I got promoted and after about amonth he was first choice. Cost less than £1m

Baptiste Santamaria - Got him on a free from French Lique 2, but don't let that put you off, he does a very good job in central midfield. Might not set the world on fire but he'll do a very good job.

Mats Moller Daehli - Very good AML or AMC and will probably join a newly promoted club. If he doesn't progress amazingly you can sell him for more than you bought him for. Cost about £5m

Kyriakos Papadopoulous - I got him for £2.9m from Atletico. He can be a little aggressive at times but will be a good option as you establish yourself in the Prem.

Nicolae Stanciu - This guy was my favourite player in FM14, and he's a very good optin here too. Best at AMC but can play AMR and AML too. I picked him up for £3.3m and he's done very well.

Lincoln - I highly doubt you'll get him now, but keep an eye on him for sure. I bought him January of season three and he made the premier League his b*tch - at the age of 19!

Everton - Another Brazilian who can do a very good job on the right or left. Won a few awards over the last few years and I had to cheer him up after I blocked a move to Bayern.

I tried to get many of the players listed above earlier in my game but most of them went elsewhere, so get in there early if you can. Also try Rulli from Real Sociedad. In my game he went to PSG for £25m, in someone else's game they said they got him on a free at the end of the first season.

I tend to be of the thinking that it's pointless listing a whole load of names when we don't know your team, who's available and what you need...

To be honest, in most cases when getting promoted you need to improve the entire team, so listing names isn't an issue.

Free transfers is not a bad way to go. Check there what has been discarded as you may find some useful guys there also. Check the three relegated teams for good players being unhappy or having relegation clauses. Try to find some useful players that are disgruntled about the fall.

Also check what youth are the big Premier League clubs discarding or putting on transfer lists. Go through their U-21 teams and see what is there. Also look at what big Italian,Spanish French,Dutch,Belgian and German clubs are throwing away.

It may appear to you that it is a lot of money but trust me if you go spending to get some name players you will find it is not enough. The first season is about maintaining stability in the new league and not falling back to championship. Building your position.The in the second season is more suitable for a shopping spree.

If a player is on the transfer list I often find the selling club will accept a low downpayment with the rest spread over 4 years. Its a great way to stretch your budget. I often buy players from the top clubs in Europe who are worth a lot more than they are being sold for this way and its a quick way to greatly improve your team

You need to ask yourself what your goals are. You are most likely content with just establishing yourself in the premier league. So the focus should be more about attracting young talents that will grow so you can use them or sell them. Alot of these recommendations will be expensive in the third window. You will be very lucky to get the likes of Pavon and Ajer for cheap now. A good option is to get some guys on loan. There are probably some great options for that in the third window.

I tend to be of the thinking that it's pointless listing a whole load of names when we don't know your team, who's available and what you need...

Indeed. And also, if it were my team that just got promoted I'd start by looking at who is transfer-listed at other top flight clubs, in order to get some real bargains that can improve your side cheaply.

Indeed. And also, if it were my team that just got promoted I'd start by looking at who is transfer-listed at other top flight clubs, in order to get some real bargains that can improve your side cheaply.

i suggest going through the free xfers ( contract expired, contract expires soon ) list first. there wont be any 5star players but solid 2,5-3 star guys in abundance. just dont overpay them or do too long contracts. You can also pick up some very good players from the loan lists! good places to recruit players are the relegated teams, many players seem to have low relegation release clauses! So if Charlie Austin is still in the championship get him! A good striker is the most important player! Almost any players can be used to park the bus but you need a proven goalscorer IMO, maybe a playmaker to feed him but the striker is still the most important thing

Aim is to have 2 decent players for each position of course.

I usually just try to avoid relegation ( a mid table finish ), and focus on the beer cup and the FA cup

I'm just after getting promoted with forest also through the playoff final and I only got a lousy 6m budget in second season, with a transfer embargo in the first window in the first season.

It seems like the game doesn't do a very good job of estimating what your earnings for the season will be. You'll probably get a boost before the January transfer window and a big budget next year. What is your weekly wage spending at the moment?

Archived