Group C - Germany vs Poland - 11 minutes

Germany not getting many people in the box but Poland have defended very well and really should have won it with those two great chances.

Think Germany won't be too unhappy with that, even if they didn't manage to create anything that substantial. Essentially a GD competition next time around with the Germans vs N. Ireland and Poland vs Ukraine. Might see some ruthless finishing in one of those games (hopefully).

Amazed that was the first 0-0 to be honest. Apart from the first two games today, Belgium vs Italy and probably Austria vs Hungary and Wales vs Slovakia (didnt see all of both games) the tournament has been rubbish.

Hope UEFA see sense and go back to 16 teams for Euro 2020. Good of them to try 24 teams but imo it hasnt worked. 3rd place sides having a 66% chance of going through ffs.

Think Germany won't be too unhappy with that, even if they didn't manage to create anything that substantial. Essentially a GD competition next time around with the Germans vs N. Ireland and Poland vs Ukraine. Might see some ruthless finishing in one of those games (hopefully).

Was trying to figure out who had the advantage. I initially went with Germany because they have Northern Ireland. But Ukraine need to attack, Northern Ireland will just defend and make it difficult.

Was trying to figure out who had the advantage. I initially went with Germany because they have Northern Ireland. But Ukraine need to attack, Northern Ireland will just defend and make it difficult.

Ukraine are out, they don't need to do anything

My god that was truly horrendous.

Pompous pundit on Portuguese TV saying it was the best match of the Euros so far. :D

Tbf I didn't think it was bad, there was quite a few chances, it was mildly intense and mildy surprising how well Poland played. It sure as hell wasn't a thriller to remember though.

Only good part of the match was the first five minutes of the second half. Milik (probably) missed a sitter then some German broke and smacked it straight at Fabianski then I think Poland broke again and Milik (I think) missed again.

Watched with my Polish girlfriend last night, which has me rooting for them as my 2nd team. Milik has been awful both games but did pop up with the goal 1st game. But I guess on the other hand, he gets into the positions to take the poor shot at least. Lewandowski absent for a 2nd straight game. If they can get him going, they definitely have potential to do good things in the tournament.

Would like to see Kapustka back in the team for Ukraine. He looked incredible against Northern Ireland. I'm guessing the coach just thought starting against Germany would be too much for someone so young and unproven?

Kapustka isn't a regular starter for us, he only played against Northern Ireland because Grosicki hadn't fully recovered from his injury he picked up in a friendly against Lithuania.

Pazdan was absolutely amazing yesterday, I just can't understand how Boateng could win MotM ahead of him.

Milik scored a few belters for us in the qualifiers (against Scotland and Georgia at home, for example) and generally has wonderful technique on his left foot, there's clearly something wrong with him at the tournament though. Could be pressure, the guy's only 22. As Craig says, he's nowhere near as bad as some people say.

Archived