Players who become managers

andu1

This area should be improved. Players who become managers should be more unique and stat wise look more like managers at the start of the game.  Right now they are too generic and their stat allocation is very weird at times.

Maybe I can offer a suggestion, players who have a manager or managers as their favourite perssonel could "learn" from them if they become staff and have similar traits. It could improve the "role play" in long term saves.

Also, players who become managers seem to get some excellent jobs rather than having to work their way through the system/leagues.

I've seen the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba and other big name players managing big/top division clubs almost straight after retiring when this rarely happens in real life. As you say, they also often have some unusual stats/skills which you wouldn't normally associate with a good manager. I think reputation has too much of a say with regards to managerial appointments.

Or another suggestion is that  managers have a dynamic mental trait based on how succesful they are rather than fixed stats. Managers who fail over and over again should find it harder to get jobs and this should reflect on their stats and the other way around.

the whole AI management part of the game should be much more dynamic in order to provide a better user experience.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2016 at 15:28, andu1 said:

Or another suggestion is that  managers have a dynamic mental trait based on how succesful they are rather than fixed stats. Managers who fail over and over again should find it harder to get jobs and this should reflect on their stats and the other way around.

This would presumably work the same way for the human manager, right?  Would that be a popular addition?

I remember asking SI whether there was any facility in the game for this, where multiple sackings made it harder to get jobs in future.  They said there wasn't, but that it might be a nice addition in future.  I can see it being an unpopular feature though, particularly if you can effectively lock yourself out of any employment through ineptitude.  Realistic?  Probably.  Fun?  Probably not.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

This would presumably work the same way for the human manager, right?  Would that be a popular addition?

I remember asking SI whether there was any facility in the game for this, where multiple sackings made it harder to get jobs in future.  They said there wasn't, but that it might be a nice addition in future.  I can see it being an unpopular feature though, particularly if you can effectively lock yourself out of any employment through ineptitude.  Realistic?  Probably.  Fun?  Probably not.

Well this is a football management simulator not an arcade game like FIFA so if it becomes even more realistic it's better in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Archived