Too many teams requested

el Chuese

I tried searching but couldn't find anything giving the answer, so I'll try it this way:

I've created a database for a game I want to play, creating league setups for several of the smaller European countries.
But now, when I start a new game I get multiple "Too many teams requested from Division X" for some of the cups.
For example it says there are 15 teams requested from 1.Divisioun Serie 1 from Luxembourg, but that there are only 14 teams in there.
I've checked the database and there are 15 teams there, so I'm kind of stuck.

Who can help me with this?

Thanks!

PS. if there's already a topic on this subject, please point me there and this one can be closed. 

Are you loading multiple custom league files?

If so try to change the loading order by renaming the files. (The game load the files alphabetically)

You probably need to trial and error it, starting with 3 files, if that works add another one and so on.

On 30-7-2016 at 12:33, KUBI said:

Are you loading multiple custom league files?

If so try to change the loading order by renaming the files. (The game load the files alphabetically)

You probably need to trial and error it, starting with 3 files, if that works add another one and so on.

Yes, basically I created a main database, with league changes etc.
Then from that database I added nation rules for the first nation and saved.
Reloaded the main database and added the next database and so on.

So, best to start with the ones that didn't show up with the notifications?
I'll give it a try, hopefully it works, thanks!

So I managed to get rid of the initial notifications by deleting all teams from the divisions and adding them in again.
But still when I get to the point where you choose which countries to load there's a red triangle next to the 3 nations that had the notifications to begin with.
I tried renaming the files so they will be loaded first, but doesn't seem to work either.
Anyone got any idea what else I can do?

Thanks again.

On 4-8-2016 at 21:19, el Chuese said:

Yes, basically I created a main database, with league changes etc.
Then from that database I added nation rules for the first nation and saved.
Reloaded the main database and added the next database and so on.

So, best to start with the ones that didn't show up with the notifications?
I'll give it a try, hopefully it works, thanks!

Spoiler

Is there a message from the red triangle?

I have a feeling what's wrong is that you need to wait until you've split/copied the database until you can start creating new leagues. I wonder if the game recognizes that you'll have eg. several Luxembourg 1. Division

4 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Is there a message from the red triangle?

I have a feeling what's wrong is that you need to wait until you've split/copied the database until you can start creating new leagues. I wonder if the game recognizes that you'll have eg. several Luxembourg 1. Division

Ýes, it's the same message I got before, so too many teams requested from that and that league..

I'm not quite sure what you mean with splitting/copying the database?

But that could lead into troubles. There is no need to make a main database as a template. The game loads all changes from each custom database. If there are the some changes in all databases the game will load it again and again. 

On 7-8-2016 at 00:09, KUBI said:

But that could lead into troubles. There is no need to make a main database as a template. The game loads all changes from each custom database. If there are the some changes in all databases the game will load it again and again. 

So if I understand correctly I should add nation rules for the first country, save, then remove nation rules, add new nation rules for next country, etcetera?

Archived