[Discussion] Sending players out on loan to regain fitness and player chats concerning loan moves or transfer

anagain

This is something I have seen talked about in the real world press, and something that was specifically discussed regarding Tyrone Mings at Bournemouth.

I don't really see it in the game though, or more correctly, there's not really a great way to approach players about loaning them out for their own benefit. I find the interaction menus confusing, and I certainly believe they could be improved.

How about a new interaction option that allows us to speak to players about their development, perhaps with options to discuss a proposal of a loan move. Surely in the real game any manager can call a player to his office to discuss his development, but I don't believe that is really fleshed out in FM currently. The titles "warn player" or "praise player" don't really cover it for me, so perhaps "general chat"

When it comes to loans can we just need to be able to talk to a player and say we think it could be a good idea that they go on loan for a month to get some game time. You'll often have a player on the fringe who needs games but probably isn't getting the best matches for his development in the reserves.

I rarely feel like I'm able to chat to a player amiably in FM. I'm having to criticise to get my point across when I'd really just like to say "I think you're a promising player but I want this from you".

Anything to add, people?

EDIT: I just sent a young player out on loan and had the option to speak to him. I told him a loan move was a great opportunity for him and  he replied to ask me if I remembered what reason I gave for accepting the loan, and that I should make my mind up. The reason I'd given was that he would benefit from first team football. I don't believe there was a better option so I think his reply is a little odd. This is a perfect example of why it all needs to be improved.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived