[Suggestion] Total Cost of individual player bonus & wages this season

santy001

The finances section lists player bonuses, but sometimes you look at that figure and can't quite work out why it is what it is. 

Obviously the game already knows when the bonuses need to be triggered, and of course it knows how much the bonus is for so what I was thinking might be useful (at least for those who want to know it) would be the ability to see how much player X's appearance fees or unused sub fees are costing you.

If a counter reset to zero in the first week of each season and then begins counting up with each triggering of a bonus it does become quite easy to have a small section (probably within the player contract screen in my mind) that shows how much they've earned from bonuses. It could also count the wages up incrementally week by week as well at least so you can get a firmer grasp on how much a player is costing you.

Purely ballpark numbers and not the most accurate of reflections but say a rotation player at a big club has £50,000 per week basic, £25,000 appearance fee, £10,000 goal bonus, £40,000 unused sub fee you might end reaching the end of the season with 52 weeks wages, 15 appearances, 25 unused sub, 3 goals. 

So the breakdown would be:
Wages: £2,600,000
Appearance Fees: £375,000
Unused Sub: £1,000,000
Goals: £30,000
Total Cost: £4,005,000

It could also be something that could be iterated on in the future, it could certainly be useful within the realms of club philosophies and board discussions if you have 2 or 3 players barely being used but costing substantially more than first team players. Or in times of financial difficulty the chairman AI could be used to point towards advising you to offload these players because the club cannot afford them. 

I think this would be far more useful in lower league management however, being able to see how much non-contract players are effectively costing and whether they're worth that investment. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived