[Suggestion] Club/Player Injury Insurance contract clause

fmfan74

Hi,

It would be more realistic if clubs had the option to add an insurance clause when signing a player that if he gets injured the club does not pay his wages during his injury period.  Yes this does happen in real life where football clubs are protected from paying full wages on an injured player.

Here is an article to support my claims.  https://www.quora.com/Do-football-soccer-clubs-insure-their-players-against-injuries

What i like about this as well is that insurance can be taken up for players who are not 100% fit and are forced to play and then get injured.  So yes this should be in the game.

I requested this some time ago in the past.  Believe it or not one of the developers didn't believe such clauses existed.  I could only  nod my head.  There are clauses for both sides club/player in these situations especially the bossman ruling.  Fifa has a rulling if one of the players gets injured during international duty Fifa will be liable and will be paying for the wages of the player during his injury.

There are so many clauses now and yes we are not seeing them in game.  Instead what we are seeing is our glub profits get shredded when we have a lot of player injuries.

Let alone modifications to the contracts will need to be done when the player is injured.  For e.g. if player has clauses that he gets paid for being on the bench or getting paid for attendance fees.  All those clauses will have to be waved off the club bill during the players injury.  It wont be an easy task to do for SI.  But it needs attention, serious attention.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2016 at 23:30, fmfan74 said:

Fifa has a rulling if one of the players gets injured during international duty Fifa will be liable and will be paying for the wages of the player during his injury.

Would be really nice to see it implemented where national teams pay your club for breaking your star's leg as they now must in real life.

• 2 months later...

Archived