Detailed training

pamf

Hi!

i would like the option to controll the training sessions more. For eks. There is 7days until next game, maybe i want to start the week with balanced, switch to attacking on wednesday, train offensive set piece before lunch and defensive set pieces after lunch the day before the game finishing the training week with team play on match day.

not the best english, hope you understand

SI tried detailed training many versions ago setting different sessions but it quickly disappeared from the series.

Whilst it sounds good in theory I suspect the bulk of the user base wouldn't bother with it.

I would be interested in being able to have multiple forms on match training for a given game though (eg, attacking movement + defensive positioning).

As for general training, I feel the effect would not be noticeable if it could be changed for periods less than a week.

It would make sense to me for a manager to say to his coaches: "I want the team to play in a high tempo, short passing, creative style...with man-marking at set pieces. Please setup your training sessions to reflect this" - basically adapt the training and PPM training to match the tactics.

Just been thinking about that too. Playing styles, player types, tactics, training are well connected with each other. A game of football manager as it is, and realism we've been going toward, these areas are most important in the game which need more improvement or even revamp if possible in future. We may have difficulties in winning games, having headache when having no clue or idea in tweaking tactics, that's fine currently. But irl, what a manager could and should do? Please provide us with more exciting and powerful tools and features in the game to allow us to manage (control, tweak, adjust or anything) the players, staff, playing styles (movements, positionings, etc) by various trainings and communicate and interact with as many as possible personnels to do what a manager would do to try to be successful.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:54, Cougar2010 said:

SI tried detailed training many versions ago setting different sessions but it quickly disappeared from the series.

Whilst it sounds good in theory I suspect the bulk of the user base wouldn't bother with it.

It might be "easier" to implement now though, since now you can delegate training schedules to your assistant and coaches.

Training was much more fun in previous FM's, and could put a lot of time into developing and shaping players how I wanted them to be. Training has become so generalized, and options few.

What I miss are:

1. The possibility to neglect an area of training for certain players. For instance; I don't want most of my squad training long throws. In some saves, none. I also don't think my centerbacks have to get much better at taking corners. You see a lot of quality players with some low attributes at the start of a save, but if you have a regen with very high PA, he's probably gonna get decent at pretty much every attribute. 

sidenote(question): do you consider it cheating to use the in-game editor to keep the unwanted attributes at a low level?

2. There is a way to raise determination/aggression by diciplining bad performances. But some players rarely have bad enough performances, and you have to choose the right dicipline as well for it to happen. I wish there were more ways to raise determination/aggression, and I wish it was possible to raise work rate and team work  as well by communicating with players. It should work both ways, though, as some actions (managerial styles, man management etc) could lower these attributes.

3. Maybe the game has some element of this already, but I would like there to be certain attributes that were much easier/harder to train than others. I think the way young players for instance get much better pshysically as years pass is realistic, but having a young player go from 9 pace to 18 seems a bit overboard. 

4. Why are players complaining so much about their individual training? I get that some players are less professional than others, but it's hard enough to make mould players as it is without them complaining. Example: if you play possession football, it gets quite annoying when players don't think working on their first touch is benefical.

5. Having an option to know more about what's happening on the training ground from a day to day basis, and giving positive or negative feedback to players as the days pass. There could be an option to press a bar that gives pos. or neg. feedback on the same page as daily training so you don't have to go to the interacion screen every time.

I have to add that in previous FM's it almost felt a bit like cheating sometimes to be able to give a highly detailed training to your players, because (as far as I know) opposition managers didn't have this luxury. If a more detailed option was re-introduced in to the game, it would be cool if for example opposition teams player's would get much better at relevant attributes for their managers managerial style, i.e. attacking teams getting better at attacking etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really keen on training being more detailed without it being made efficient at the same time. When FM05 had all the different training games and you built your own schedule, it just felt too tedious and even more confusing. 

I still think the best training module was in CM01/02 where you had broad buckets of different styles of training (Attacking, Defending, Shooting etc) and built a schedule up using these for different players. 

12 hours ago, Powermonger said:

I'm not really keen on training being more detailed without it being made efficient at the same time. When FM05 had all the different training games and you built your own schedule, it just felt too tedious and even more confusing. 

I still think the best training module was in CM01/02 where you had broad buckets of different styles of training (Attacking, Defending, Shooting etc) and built a schedule up using these for different players. 

Yes, these. They could maybe do with updating, but this for me is by far the best balance that we've had.

• 3 months later...

Archived