which attributes cause a player to want to move clubs?

Post the the purpose of the test you want to run & I'll see what advice I can offer however a player's desire to move to a new club involves more than just they attributes. It will also include their perceived importance at their current club, the value of their current contract against what they feel they are worth & then compared to what they can potential earn elsewhere, the reputation of their current club & the reputation of the competitions their current club are involved & all of that is compared to what the situation would be at another club.

all the better players on a certain team are leaving and couldnt figure out why. couldnt be how well the teams were doing because the team they are on have a much higher rep then the ones they are going to with the exception of one. So trying to figure out if its just hidden attributes and something i would have no control over or perhaps some flaw that i could correct if i was in control of the team. for instance the squad status.... I have a tendency to have very few , if any key players. i just usually sign them as first team players. Would that matter that much  and be a reason they are looking to move? 

I might be able to help. I've being doing this for years. I create a lower league club with a backstory, for example this year it was Skye Thistle, a football team connected to the only Gaelic-medium college in Scotland. Boys would be selected from the high school to enter the team's youth squad. As the club has a Gaelic-speaking only philosophy, I can never buy/bring in any players outside the college.

So the challenge is how to retain those lads that show promise and not have the club depleted? Firstly, the solution cannot be found within SI's parameters. You can make whatever attributes you like 20 and fiddle around with reputations and the players will still be poached. The only way I've found to make them stay is to use the editor to put them on a long contract and tick the box that says they'll leave at the end of the contract.

Archived