Regen Player Names

stelly

Yes..

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Scott" "" "Walden" "28-03-1986" "England" "Boston Utd"

where "Scott" is first name, "Walden" is surname, "28-03-1986" is your DOB (the year is automatically changed to fit the newgen), "England" is your nation of birth and "Boston Utd" is favoured club (short name)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the format has changed for FM09? Can you define the regenerated players skin/hair color?

I think this would be important with the Facegen app, and certainly the new 3D match engine, as some names are would really indicate that the player is of a certain ethnic background (I have 2 giant EDT files with regen names for the US, and plenty of those are african american specific, asian, and latino... I wouldn't want Benjamin Moukoko to be a white dude with red hair i.e.)

I don't believe that that is factored into the game, but if you want, i think you can delete the white parts of the facegen application, and then everyone will be black or latino, but otherwise i am not sure.

That certainly isn't an option, because then I wouldn't have ANY white guys in the game which would be highly unrealistic... I just need to control certain player names to correspond with the skin-color one would assume for certain names - others are not so important, but I have a lot of african americans, for example, and wouldn't want those to show up as white guys in the game - nor would I want those I see as irish-americans turn out to be black, if you know what I mean.

I think it matters much more now that we have the 3D engine, and will see the color of their skin whenever we play a game - before we could just turn off facegen and imagine their looks in any way we so pleased. Now the match engine will potentially contradict with those beliefs... and no, turning the 3D engine off is not an option... it is simply too wonderful to rob myself of the joy of watching it.

Archived