Any improved sound in this fm2017

mine

Well, this topic might be of no interrest. I have over the years found out that a lot of folks listening to music or nothing at all while playing.

I do guess that when you find yourself at a real stadium or watching a game on TV you never shut out the sound. I'm not for actual commentary but just the general sound you get when visiting a football game.

For me it's a part of the excitement. Older version had many add-on stuff but they never worked 100%. The sound file do include possible sound depending on teams, but I'm sure it never worked.

So when thousands of new stuff are added and enhanced IS THE SOUND once more put in the basement and why not solve a must be easy thing. For the folks liking a silent game, just turn the sound off.

Guess the reason for shutting off the sound is because it's just monotonus and very bad as it is.  An improvement in this area would enhance the game further, OR ?

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

The problem is - as in other parts of the game - licenses. Original sound recorded in stadiums could not be used without a license, especially when you can hear any kind of chants.

That is a fair point, but it could be opened out to the community to mod in their own ways.

Just now, mikelfc8 said:

That is a fair point, but it could be opened out to the community to mod in their own ways.

This is already possible as the sound files are all WAV files. You could just replace it with your own sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,

the sound/events files coverin this can be edited. BUT it has not worked in past versions at all. The stuff that team chants are "locked" to this or that team doesn't work. Lots of recorded chants from many many teams are available over the years but they never work. One could get ONE one of these sounds to work, but then each every match uses this chant.

I had hoped that this easy fix would have been taken care off. In that case different mods could use and edit these files and we would get more variations of team chants.

Maybe SI could upgrade the sounds to be alot better where licenses are not required to make the game more authentic.

Where licences are required the community could add these files as they are not difficult to make and SI could add a section in the xml file for the user to change as necessary,

This would get around the licencing issue and make the match atmosphere better.

I have had a go at making my own sound pack and added team chants into them - however they seem to crash in the later versions of the game.

SI could upgrade this and get it working for us to use as the FM community makes team chants for each team to add to their game like with the graphics

• 1 month later...

Archived