Help addicts - restrict number of games

sue_donym

I'd like a feature that limits how much you can play FM.  I'd like to be able to set myself a limit of say three matches per week day and ten per day at weekends and for the game to physically not let me continue past this point after these have been played.   

I know I should have the willpower to do this myself. But I don't. So like gambling websites that don't let you but above a certain limit, I'd appreciate it if the game helped me help myself.  

What if your session ends with a defeat away to top team and your next game is at home to a bottom team... how would you be able to sleep!! it's like walking away from a roulette machine when 0 (the goblin) hasn't come in for over 100 spins! Plus you have to have the willpower to set your limits, and presumably not be able to edit them.

On 10/31/2016 at 07:00, westy8chimp said:

What if your session ends with a defeat away to top team and your next game is at home to a bottom team... how would you be able to sleep!! it's like walking away from a roulette machine when 0 (the goblin) hasn't come in for over 100 spins! Plus you have to have the willpower to set your limits, and presumably not be able to edit them.

No, I think the design of this game is definitely conducive to addictive-like abuse for people who are prone to it, and it can definitely interfere with real life responsibilities (which is, in a way, a compliment to SI). Sure, self-control and moderation is to always be striven for on a personal level, but having the developers provide a self-control mechanism to the game itself is a good idea to help assist at-risk users in developing healthy gaming habits with regard to FM. It's not like it hurts SI's bottom line. They've already payed for the game and there is no pay to play scheme (thank god...). Ultimately, I think it would actually be appreciated by the people who would use it. 

p.s. As per the forum guidelines, consider adding [suggestion] to the beginning of the title to indicate what type of feature request this is.

• 1 month later...

Archived