Is it possible to see a player's opinion of you somewhere?

I let my Assistant Manager and Director of Football handle a lot of things, such as press conferences and renewing contracts. Recently there was a message in my inbox saying my main striker refused to sign a new contract because he dislikes me. This was the first time I heard about this and I don't recall anything bad happening between the player and myself, so my best guess is that it's because of something the Assistant Manager said during a press conference.

Now I'm wondering... is it possible to see a player's opinion of you anywhere in the game? (Even better if it also says why a player likes or dislikes you)

Edit: I created a topic in the suggestions forum, please comment on it if you support the idea. :)

That's what I was already afraid of, I'll make a topic in the suggestions forum then as I think it'd be useful. I can see the relationship with managers I've never met (Relationship with you on the Overview>Information page of other managers), but not with the players I manage daily. Seems a bit odd.

It is possible, indirectly.

If the player has you among his favourite people, he likes you; if not but he talks to you then you're kinda irrelevant for him and if he won't even talk to you then, well, he's angry and/or dislikes you.

So the information is already in the game, it just needs to be made visible - which seems like a reasonably simple thing to do. I added the suggestion to the suggestions forum to try and make it happen:

Not sure I agree though. IRL, does a manager ever really know if a player likes or dislikes him? He may have an idea and feel like they get along, but maybe the player is harboring deep resentment towards the manager. Maybe he's doing like Mkhitaryan right now. By all apperances seems to be content to not play, meanwhile is probably steaming mad at Mourinho.

2 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Not sure I agree though. IRL, does a manager ever really know if a player likes or dislikes him? He may have an idea and feel like they get along, but maybe the player is harboring deep resentment towards the manager. Maybe he's doing like Mkhitaryan right now. By all apperances seems to be content to not play, meanwhile is probably steaming mad at Mourinho.

I get what you mean. Some players will let their manager know how they feel about him, yet others would pretend to be fine with him while actually hating his guts.

To account for this, perhaps the status of the relationship could have an uncertainty factor so it isn't always accurate. It might be more accurate for managers with a high People Management rating or lower for managers with a high Discipline rating. The uncertainty could also be influenced by the player's ratings for Controversy, Pressure, Professionalism and/or Temperament.

Archived