is man management attribute more relevant for 'head' type jobs, eg head physio, head scout, etc

i only ask because it isnt highlighted as an important attribute for head physio or head scout, but surely its more important than for a regular physio or regular scout?

are there any otyher sttributes that are important for 'head' roles?

This thread made me think about my manager profile. I purely use myself as a 5 star coach so 20 in determination, motivation, level of discipline and 20 in attacking, defending, tactics. Meaning depending on my existing staff at any club, I can slot in as 5 star defending, attacking, or tactical coach. I have never given any thought to the other attributes like player knowledge, or man management simply because I don't know the benefit they have.... I could start a new thread but it's very similar to this...

8 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

@westy8chimp, when you are creating your profile, there is a small i, which gives you information on each attribute iirc.

As for man management for head physio etc. I am not sure, but I try to get my head staff to have it as high as possible as I think it's realistic thing to do.

i'll check them this evening. my guess is they are descriptive rather than the actual output benefit. i.e. if I look at determination it wont say "in tandem with LOD and MOT you need DET to be a 5* coach" ... I just learnt that it does many moons ago in a thread about how to sign 4+* coaching and its formula based of DET + MOT + LOD + (attribute you want them to coach) must be > x

so ... the description may say something fancy like 'more adept at handling player relations' ... but actually I do this by my actions in the game so wouldn't have any benefit having a 20 instead of a 1 for this attribute (as having a 20 not a 1 won't make me respond a different way in the press or in a chat with player scenario)... however, if someone could tell me "having 20 in man management increases the likelihood of players signing for you" then I would consider using it.

30 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

Well yeah, but if you have better man management ie., when you say to one of your players that he is not getting new contract, you get less chance to make him unhappy.

Yeah, it's about how profound the effect is on players.

A manager with 1 man mgmt might get an okay/good response from a player if he says the correct the, but a manager with 20 could say the same thing and get an excellent response. At least that's what I have taken it to mean, could be wrong though.

Just now, mikelfc8 said:

Yeah, it's about how profound the effect is on players.

A manager with 1 man mgmt might get an okay/good response from a player if he says the correct the, but a manager with 20 could say the same thing and get an excellent response. At least that's what I have taken it to mean, could be wrong though.

interesting - you both on the same line so I guess this is another nugget of information that spreads through the FM world... is it rumour or fact or assumption.. hard to tell but seems a reasonable explanation. even if that is the benefit I'd still prefer my 5 star coaching as higher priority to player reactions... as it's so hard to find 5 star coaches in anything other than fitness or goalkeeping. And I don't pander to players that request meetings much anyway as it tends to be my backup players.

Archived