***** FMT17 - Is the tablet version nearly as detailed as the full game version?? *****

Hi, i had both FM13 and FM 14 on the Ipad. so i guess the equivalent of what is now FMT17?

The problem i have is i fit into the category of loving the full game but just dont have the time to play it at home. my main use will be to and from work on the train, on the tablet. however the FM13 and FM14 versions i just felt were SO basic and got quite predictable, boring and repititve very quickly.

i mainly missed the feeling of being really immersed in the game where you got lost a bit from reality as the game just dragged you in.

Anyway, does FMT17 create atleast an element of the full game where it still has a decent amount of detail level and help to build up the game world into making you want to keep playing??

Hope this makes sense and would be great if anyone can shed some light?

Cheers

Sorry 1 more thing to add. im specifically talking about playing this on an Ipad. not a stripped down version on the PC. 

only just realised that there is FMT in PC mode.

please can someone she some light on my questions above, but playing on a tablet?

ta

I played FM16 Touch extensively on the iPad, and I felt it was *as* immersive as the version of FM Touch you play via the PC. I'm not a huge fan of team talks, press conferences, or tactic familiarity (though I do wish I could have more interaction with good/bad performances for players) so I found it plenty immersive.

ok thanks for the feedback. maybe the problem i had was only having 3 loaded nations which seems quite restrictive. i also found in FM13 and 14 on ipad that everything appeared a bit too predictable and just too basic and almost boring with the transfer market and the managerial progression. cant quite explain it but just felt a bit lacking and left a bit of a void. i think the main thing i like with the full FM is how the actual game world seems/feels so large and detailed and the really comprehensive news items and transfer and jobs rumours and links just makes it FEEL in depth. the FMC ipad versions in years gone by missed that completely and you are left feeling like theres not much to do but just click continue. maybe the new one will be a bit more what im after. thanks

Basically, there's little difference between FM Touch on PC and on tablets at this point. The UI can be a bit clunkier (multi-select gesture please!) and there is a limitation on the number of leagues you can load, (edit: Oh! and you can't watch complete games, and you can't access analysis of past games) but I tend to play lower league, so I'm not as concerned by the lack of large teams. I am a fan of being able to play fairly mobile-ly at this point though.

cheers mate. yeh im mainly only going to play this on the train to/from work and the odd holiday, on plane etc. so the actual idea of playing on tablet is perfect for what im after. just need to try and get that magic back from the old PC days!!

2 hours ago, L-Wiz said:

ok thanks for the feedback. maybe the problem i had was only having 3 loaded nations which seems quite restrictive. i also found in FM13 and 14 on ipad that everything appeared a bit too predictable and just too basic and almost boring with the transfer market and the managerial progression. cant quite explain it but just felt a bit lacking and left a bit of a void. i think the main thing i like with the full FM is how the actual game world seems/feels so large and detailed and the really comprehensive news items and transfer and jobs rumours and links just makes it FEEL in depth. the FMC ipad versions in years gone by missed that completely and you are left feeling like theres not much to do but just click continue. maybe the new one will be a bit more what im after. thanks

You are comparing 2 different games.

The FM13 and FM14 version that was available to Ipad, and android, was called FM Handheld and since FM15 it change the name to FM Mobile.

Since FM15, the Touch version that was only available to play in the PC, start being available also in highend tablets.

So the game that you play in your ipad (FM13 and FM14) was in truth a very basic version of the game that has nothing in common with FM Touch.

With FM Touch, you are also limited to 3 nations, but the ME, graphics, tactics, training, etc etc it's the same when compare to the full fat version. 

Can you play this from SD card this year? I have a decent spec tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S) and couldn't fit it into my device and had to cancel the transaction. 

If SI could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated!

On 11/4/2016 at 17:33, Keyzer Soze said:

You are comparing 2 different games.

The FM13 and FM14 version that was available to Ipad, and android, was called FM Handheld and since FM15 it change the name to FM Mobile.

Since FM15, the Touch version that was only available to play in the PC, start being available also in highend tablets.

So the game that you play in your ipad (FM13 and FM14) was in truth a very basic version of the game that has nothing in common with FM Touch.

With FM Touch, you are also limited to 3 nations, but the ME, graphics, tactics, training, etc etc it's the same when compare to the full fat version. 

thanks for this mate. i completely didnt realise that they are basically 2 different games. this is exactly what i was after and sounds perfect for my needs. 1 more question.

i have an ipad mini 2. with IOS 9. something so it meets the criteria but any idea if im likely to struggle to play it quickly given its an old Ipad model?

if so, i may then look to get a new Ipad for Xmas. any idea if i can simply download FMT again on my new device if ive already paid for it once?

thanks

10 minutes ago, L-Wiz said:

thanks for this mate. i completely didnt realise that they are basically 2 different games. this is exactly what i was after and sounds perfect for my needs. 1 more question.

i have an ipad mini 2. with IOS 9. something so it meets the criteria but any idea if im likely to struggle to play it quickly given its an old Ipad model?

if so, i may then look to get a new Ipad for Xmas. any idea if i can simply download FMT again on my new device if ive already paid for it once?

thanks

It should run fine. If SI label Mini 2 as OK do play the game, then it should run without any problem.

Atm, there are some issues related with the 3D graphics, where the players and stadium look quite blurry and with low resolution. But this is a issue that is transversal to almost all ipads. I play with in a Mini 3 and have the same problem. Hope, and i'm sure, SI will fix this soon with some patch.

6 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

It should run fine. If SI label Mini 2 as OK do play the game, then it should run without any problem.

Atm, there are some issues related with the 3D graphics, where the players and stadium look quite blurry and with low resolution. But this is a issue that is transversal to almost all ipads. I play with in a Mini 3 and have the same problem. Hope, and i'm sure, SI will fix this soon with some patch.

thanks again mate. yes ive been doing some research and have seen various people complaining about crashes during matches, and blurry resolution etc. if SI can announce some kind of planned update/patch to fix these issues then ill almost certainly take the plunge and purchase the game. just really hate the thought of getting involved and spending hours starting a new game only for it to keep crashing on me.

7 hours ago, oxfordmark said:

Has media interaction been dropped from the tablet version?

I never get asked about upcoming matches, or previous results. Or about player rumours, miss that.

The media ask a lot of questions about transfer rumours on the last day of transfer windows 

On 05/11/2016 at 11:46, Colorado said:

Can you play this from SD card this year? I have a decent spec tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S) and couldn't fit it into my device and had to cancel the transaction. 

If SI could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated!

All depends on the version you are running on your tablet. On the new marshmallow 6.0 update you should be able to use your sd card as an internal memory. Select your SD card from settings - storage & USB after this click on the 3 dots at the top right of your screen and you should see the option 'format as internal'. 

Archived