The Addition of Dutch Lower Leagues (HELP thread)

Jeroen Thijssen

1 hour ago, Slabbekoorn said:

I ran into some problems, the old rules are still floating around somewhere when I edit these files. So we'll have to create the league from scratch but we have all the techniques now. But it'll take some time. You can post this version in the other thread. 

My other question is if you already have merged Reddiablo's file with yours? We can merge my tax rules too if that merge was succesful.

Edit:

Johan Cruijff Schaal, Round Default has 3 out of 7 sub instead of 3 out of 12 and we need to fix that.

I see. I haven't merged the tax rules (didn't seem very neccesary to be honest, since you can just load two files -- might be better too just to seperate the two).

Will fix the JC schaal thingy though.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I'm already working on our long-term file. I'm creating the nation rules from scratch. I'm still in basic rules and will post the basic rules file here later this weekend so we can make sure it's ok before converting to advanced rules. Eerste Klasse is already added and I'm creating the Tweede Klasse Divisions now and I'll add existing clubs to these divisions.

I came into a minor problem. I reverted the changes you suggested to the "Jong" teams about the logos. I have the same issues with the logos ingame being wrong, but your suggestion wasn't perfect. I discovered that by using your suggestion it did change the logos correctly, but it had the side-effect that the Attendance (minimum, average, maximum) of the stadium would be identical to the A-team. This means for example, if FC Twente has average 20000 attendance (random figure), the Jong FC Twente team would also have that number. If I tried to change the numbers under Jong FC Twente attendance to 50, the attendance under FC Twente stadium would also change to 50. Which led to highly unrealistic attendance levels ingame to the A-team and the B-team.

I decided to revert your changes in 2.5.

I found out that the best solution is to correct the logos in the graphics folder (to the ID number of each B-team in the editor, that fixes it). Because Jong Almere City is correct for me ingame, because in my gfx folder it has a specific Almere City logo also set to the Jong team, and not just the A-team.

Edited by CrowBar

Its correct that you can't change attendences or the six-letter-name in the editor nor xml files but the B-team attendences weren't high in my fm2015 save. Have you run the game to check? Were there too much fans in the stadium? Even in the smaller reserve team stadiums?

Your sollution works either way so its not a big deal.

I'm now in Advanced Rules for the new file. We need to add playoffs manually through these rules. So that's going to be quite some work.

I'm also trying to split the Derde Divisie Zaterdag and Zondag relegation playoffs. I'm testing it now and hope that it works. This way we can make the Hoofdklasse/Eerste Klasse playoffs more manageable and the Nation rules more realistic.

So I hope your not making to much changes yet since I'm editing your 2.4 file.

I'll post my file later this day, I've figured out how to create the Hoofdklasse/Eerste Klasse playoffs and gave them a split (just like Derde Divisie Zaterdag/Zondag). The file is still in a really early phase. So still no Dutch Periods, no reserves/u19s, not the correct fixture rules, KNVB Beker, JC Schaal or even transferwindows are set. But you could use the data to update the current file (and add the Eerste Klasse).

I'll work on it later this day and probably have updated some things, but we'll add the KNVB Beker at the end but first we have to figure out how to link period playoffs etc with the KNVB Beker (and decide how many teams will qualify). It should be through League Fate Actions, and in the KNVB Beker when chosing teams using "use qualified teams for comp".

This file contains the data for Hoofdklasse/Eerste klasse playoffs. The key lies in Hoofdklasse Zaterdag (etc) stage 0, league settings, 'minimum relegation places for all child comps' should be 11 (with 11 Eerste Klasse champions).

What already is done in the new file:

- Nation Rules added; fixture rules, discipline rules (copied from yours), transfer windows, non-eu player wage rules, loan rules added for lower divisions (for realism, otherwise hoofdklasse teams will loan Eredivisie youth players). So it's almost done except for the reserve rules (will add them next).

- Eredivisie; European playoff cup added and I added different fixture days/times. I only have to change the fixture dates for the relegation playoff.

So I'm working from top to bottom and I'm done for today. If you're adding something then post it please before you start otherwise we'll do double work. ps, the verify bug is gone.:D

Edited by Slabbekoorn

Sorry for the triple post. But I've made some progress.

So in addition to my last post I added the following things:

- Eredivisie; fixture dates and relegation playoff dates added

- Jupiler League; added fixture dates and the Dutch periods

- Tweede Divisie; added fixture dates and relegation playoff dates.

- Derde Divisie; added fixture dates, relegation playoff dates and the Dutch periods.

- Hoofdklasse; added fixture dates and the Dutch periods.

- Eerste klasse; added fixture dates and the Dutch periods.

Basically everything is done until except for the reserves, u19s, Hoofdklasse playoff is not exactly right (will comment down below), Eerste Klasse has no division below and no relegation, KNVB Beker, Districtbekers and JC Schaal.

The Hoofdklasse playoffs are a bit different then I assumed. https://www.hollandsevelden.nl/downloads/promotie-degradatie-regelingen-zaterdag-2016-2017.pdf and https://www.hollandsevelden.nl/downloads/promotie-degradatie-regelingen-zondag-2016-2017.pdf both state that the Zaterdag playoffs have one group stage and an ko stage while the Zondag playoffs only have two group stages. So this is a tough nut to crack.

And then ofcourse we need to figure out how to link the period playoffs and District beker with the KNVB Beker (of the next year).

Dutch Football Pyramid 7,0_E64488D8-7B63-4AA2-AF05-295E56E59E77.fmf

Edited by Slabbekoorn

On 22-11-2016 at 19:56, Slabbekoorn said:

And then ofcourse we need to figure out how to link the period playoffs and District beker with the KNVB Beker (of the next year).

Dutch Football Pyramid 7,0_E64488D8-7B63-4AA2-AF05-295E56E59E77.fmf

I assume it would be possible to let the current KNVB Beker run for only one season, and after that it ends. And set-up a second KNVB Beker that starts to run as of 2017/2018 season, and from there set it up to link with the results of the previous season.

Yes that should be possible. I'm only having problems with teams not qualifying for a group stage. A normal cup should be easier. But some of the Eerste Klasse teams are not in the right division although hopefuly Reddiablo's file wil fix it. So first we'll have to create the division below (even if it's inactive).

Great work guys, love the way you try to solve the issues that come across.

Just one question though: how will you keep the Saturday-clubs in a Saturday-league and the Sunday-clubs in a Sunday-league? In previous FM-games it was impossible to keep those clubs in the right section. Isn't that annoying if after a few seasons the clubs are in the wrong section? I solved that by removing the Saturday/Sunday separation alltogether.

About the Hoofdklasse playoffs: it isn't necesserary to put all the competions in one multiple-competitions setup (assuming you work with the advanced editor). If you create a multiple competitions setup with the competitions with the two stages setup and another one with the group/ko setup and place them below the same parent competion, you should be able to crack that problem.

We've set regional divisions in the club info and the game will try to sort the teams automatically for us and it works ingame. And I've seperated the playoffs in the new file meaning that an even amount of saturday clubs will relegate/get promoted. The only way saturday and sunday division will mix is when a lot of (for example) sunday clubs relegate from the Tweede Divisie but that's also how it is in real life.

But can you further explain your possible solution? The problem I'm having is that a cup locates the teams just fine but it won't find any teams when I turn it into a group.

Truly an an amizing job! It looks wonderful! Thank you very much. Some small remarks:
KNVB beker is missing.
in the selection screen it says: Eredivisie, Jupiler League, Tweede Divisie, Topklasse (!), Hoofdklasse, Topklasse Zaterdag (!!)
The third screen with Hoofdklasse : Hoofdklasse Zondag A, Hoofdklasse Zondag B, Zondag A, Zondag B

Yep I used this prototype, so that the KNVB Beker is missing is explainable. And although I also use an edited file of my own, I just wanted to be sure and used only your version this time; with the result above... Once I started a game btw, the division  names look fine...(and hey I'm not complaining; it looks awesome)

21 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

We've set regional divisions in the club info and the game will try to sort the teams automatically for us and it works ingame. And I've seperated the playoffs in the new file meaning that an even amount of saturday clubs will relegate/get promoted. The only way saturday and sunday division will mix is when a lot of (for example) sunday clubs relegate from the Tweede Divisie but that's also how it is in real life.

But can you further explain your possible solution? The problem I'm having is that a cup locates the teams just fine but it won't find any teams when I turn it into a group.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but setting regional divisions for a club isn't enough. In the course of several seasons, the game will mix up Saturday and Sunday teams, even if you set regional boundaries for the competitions and the longtidude/lattitude for the cities involved. I don't know exactly how the game sorts the clubs into the right divisions, but I think it has something to do with the reputation. In my FM14-database with my database all the way to 5e klasse, I removed the Saturday/Sunday separation and only went for a regional separation, and still some weaker clubs from the Northern part of Holland (in my case Overijssel) ended up in a division with clubs from the Southern part (Zeeland). It doesn't make any sense. The regional divisions settings and all the other settings will help though... a little bit.

As for the solution, it is quite simple really. Normally you create a parent competition and designate all the competions involved to it by using the 'multiple competitions' function. Convenient, because when competitions are all the same, you only have to enter all the paramaters and phases once, which saves you a lot of time. But you can also split them up. In this case you can create a 'multiple competitions' with the competitions that use one particular kind of play-off, and another 'multiple competitions' with the other ones. In doing that, you can create a different play-off phase for each multiple competitions -group.

I hope this makes a bit of sense. If it doesn't, maybe we'll have to switch to Dutch in order for me to explain it a bit better.

2 hours ago, Tobcoach said:

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but setting regional divisions for a club isn't enough. In the course of several seasons, the game will mix up Saturday and Sunday teams, even if you set regional boundaries for the competitions and the longtidude/lattitude for the cities involved. I don't know exactly how the game sorts the clubs into the right divisions, but I think it has something to do with the reputation. In my FM14-database with my database all the way to 5e klasse, I removed the Saturday/Sunday separation and only went for a regional separation, and still some weaker clubs from the Northern part of Holland (in my case Overijssel) ended up in a division with clubs from the Southern part (Zeeland). It doesn't make any sense. The regional divisions settings and all the other settings will help though... a little bit.

As for the solution, it is quite simple really. Normally you create a parent competition and designate all the competions involved to it by using the 'multiple competitions' function. Convenient, because when competitions are all the same, you only have to enter all the paramaters and phases once, which saves you a lot of time. But you can also split them up. In this case you can create a 'multiple competitions' with the competitions that use one particular kind of play-off, and another 'multiple competitions' with the other ones. In doing that, you can create a different play-off phase for each multiple competitions -group.

I hope this makes a bit of sense. If it doesn't, maybe we'll have to switch to Dutch in order for me to explain it a bit better.

I never knew that the regional divisions will disband over time, I'll holiday some seasons to see for myself.

But I still don't really know what you mean:p, but my problem is that the group stage (stage 0) draws teams from Hoofdklasse and Eerste Klasse but adding the cup stage will result into the "stage 0 (the group stage) has no teams" error. I'm having a hunch that the stage 0 draws the teams from the leagues and puts them back after stage 0 of the group playoffs, and the cup phase will try to draw them from stage 0 but the teams are already back in their leagues and waiting for the season update day to distribute the teams.

22 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

I never knew that the regional divisions will disband over time, I'll holiday some seasons to see for myself.

But I still don't really know what you mean:p, but my problem is that the group stage (stage 0) draws teams from Hoofdklasse and Eerste Klasse but adding the cup stage will result into the "stage 0 (the group stage) has no teams" error. I'm having a hunch that the stage 0 draws the teams from the leagues and puts them back after stage 0 of the group playoffs, and the cup phase will try to draw them from stage 0 but the teams are already back in their leagues and waiting for the season update day to distribute the teams.

Ah, now I know what you mean. Perhaps I can help you with that. I still have my files from FM13, where I made a database. Maybe if you take a look at that structure, it might help you in finding a solution. Just be patient.

I'm getting closer, but it goes with small babysteps. I now know how to make a League -> Group playoff -> Final cup playoff (you can find the explanation and the file here: )

The key is to use qualification rules in the league stages instead of bottom playoff stage for the upper division and the top playoff stage for the bottom division. Now I need to add these qualification rules to the Dutch periods and if that works then I need to add everything manually to the Dutch Leagues file.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

Nice, I also had a breakthrough in the Hoofdklasse playoffs. I now have added the group phase following by a cup phase for the Zaterdag leagues and a group phase and final group phase for the Zondag leagues. I still have to make some minor edits before I'll upload it. And then the reserves/u19s (with championship playoffs) are next up.

In the meantime we need to figure out a plan for the Tweede Klasse. We need them for the District Bekers.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

As Reddiablo is the Dutch head researcher for FM2017, will any of this be in the FM2017 game or in an official update?

And did you guys visit the managers united forums (at fm.manutd.nl)? They do extensive updates and expansions for the Dutch leagues every year. Haven't used them myself, so cannot say anything about the quality, but I know they do release those league updates.

Edited by Jorgen

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:11, CrowBar said:

Alright, this is how I have it:

-Netherlands -> Nation -> Season Update Day is 5 July (reset date for new season).

Hi Crowbar, im trying to build further on the file you guys put up (Netherlands - Pyramid v2.5) however I cant find the place where this Nation Season update can be changed.

In the edit file there I can see Nation -> Holland -> season update is there the option for putting in this date. However nothing changes when i startup a new save and the update still takes place on the 7th of July.

The reason i would like to change this is that many transfers take place on the 1st of july, and that would mean new players come into teams that are still in there 'old' reputation. So for me it would make most sense it the seasonal update takes place before that (or on the same day), but i struggle to find this in the editor.

3 hours ago, stevenvdijk said:

Hi Crowbar, im trying to build further on the file you guys put up (Netherlands - Pyramid v2.5) however I cant find the place where this Nation Season update can be changed.

In the edit file there I can see Nation -> Holland -> season update is there the option for putting in this date. However nothing changes when i startup a new save and the update still takes place on the 7th of July.

The reason i would like to change this is that many transfers take place on the 1st of july, and that would mean new players come into teams that are still in there 'old' reputation. So for me it would make most sense it the seasonal update takes place before that (or on the same day), but i struggle to find this in the editor.

The problem is that that file is created as an "add lower leagues to existing structure" instead of using a new clean file. It gets the Holland Rules from the scripted game and you can't change the season update day.

I'll have the next update ready after the weekend. It won't contain the Eerste Klasse and District beker yet but it'll include the following things:

- Eredivisie u19s with a championship playoff starting in january and the Eerste Divisie u19s that has a top playoff with the bottom of the Eredivisie u19s like in real life

- Beloften Eredivisie with two groups are in.

- local region reserves and u19s for lower league teams are in, the third division has a north/south split like in real life and the fourth division will have 4 (north/east/suoth/west) regions etc.

- a dynamic cup qualification (unfortunatelly I can't link the playoffs to the cup yet but I have found a way to let the top 4 teams lower leagues qualify for next season's cup) so that if you end up 4th place in (for example) the Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A you will have qualified for the first qualifying round of the next season's Dutch KNVB Beker.

- the Zaterdag and Zondag playoffs are now split so Derde Divisie Zaterdag relegation teams play Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A and B teams for promotion to the Derde Divisie Zaterdag (instead of saturday/sunday teams mixing in the playoffs).

- the Hoofdklasse and Eerste Klasse have promotion playoffs, unfortunately I could not fix the group-group and group-cup league update problem so I stayed with the normal cup relegation playoff. 11 Eerste Klasse teams will get promoted automatically and the other clubs that qualified through period playoffs will play against eight Hoofdklasse teams for a total of 5 spots in the hoofdklasse.

- max 3 loan players allowed in the Tweede Divisie, no loan players allowed in lower leagues (because a lot of lower league teams loan Eredivisie talents but it is not realistic to see a world class talent playing in the Hoofdklasse)

- minimum wage rules for non-eu players are in this file.

- I'll merge the file with Etzella's real kit update.

- And probably the smallest update is that AFC's (Tweede Divisie) B-team named AFC 2 is now added as a B-team (instead of being a seperate team) playing in the Eerste Klasse and is able to promote to the Hoofdklasse (and can eventually end up in the Jupiler League). The same goes for Westlandia but that was already in the game. Both clubs are pretty nice to start a lower league career with if I may say so because you can end up with your B-team in the Jupiler League like most Eredivisie clubs have now.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

I ran into some errors like always so I was slowed down a bit, but I figured it out last night. I chose the cup teams using "last positions" but the "last positions" weren't set with the lower leagues and they weren't correct because there are some new divisions. Long story short, I'll add them manually for the first year. I've created the cup like this:

First qualifying round:

- 24 Eerste Klasse teams

- Top 4 of each Hoofdklasse division (from last year) so 16 teams total

Second qualifying round:

- 20 first qualifying round winners

- top 4 of each Derde Divisie Division (from last year) so that are 8 teams

- Teams that finished 9-16 in last year's Tweede Divisie (8 teams without the teams that are placed 17-18 that've been relegated automatically)

First Round

- 18 winners from the Second qualifying round

- 18 Eredivisie teams

- 20 Jupiler League teams

- Teams that finished top 8 in last year's Tweede Divisie (the winner will be drawn in the JL teams but the relegated JL team will count take its place because if you use "last position" it'll take relegated teams into account and the loser of the JL is the highest drawn team)

Total of 64 teams in the first round. B-teams are excluded and the number of teams are varying depending on how much B-teams get drawn. The cup wil draw 89 team min if all B-teams get drawn and 102 teams max if none get drawn. But normally around 95 teams get drawn into the cup. I hope you agree or you can post a different method if you'd like, I'm always open for discussion.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

Sorry for the double post. I just found out that the current KNVB Beker actually has all Eredivisie, Jupiler League, Tweede Divisie AND Derde Divisie clubs in the cup.

Its quite difficult actually, and the post above this one is probably wrong.

The Eredivsie has 35 teams from Eredivisie plus Jupiler League, which are 18 Eredivisie teams, plus 20 Jupiler League teams, minus the 3 current B-teams.

The rest of the divisions are split but adding up gives 44 teams which are the teams: 14 from Tweede Divisie (18-4 B-teams) and 15 teams from each Derde Divisie (18-3 B-teams).

And then finishing off with 24 Districtbeker teams.

So I'll have to change the cup setup but I don't know what the best method is.

following the current method, we could do something like this:

First qualifying round

- Best 24 Eerste Klasse teams from last year

- 10 teams from Derde Divisie Zaterdag that finished 9-18, winners from Derde Divisie Zaterdag/Hoofdklasse playoff (placed 16/17) qualify, relegated teams don't, teams placed 17-18 get relegated and replaced by the Hoofdklasse winners.

- same 10 teams from Derde Divisie Zondag

Second Qualifying Round

- winners first qualifying round

- best 8 teams from Derde Divisie Zaterdag

- best 8 teams from Derde Divisie Zondag

- Last positioned teams from Tweede Divisie

First round 64 teams

- winners second qualifying round

- All Eredivisie teams

- All Jupiler League teams

- top 8 Tweede Divisie teams

Edit:

I found another forum that tried to figure out but its still quite difficult. http://www.devoetbalkantine.nl/showthread.php?1623-KNVB-Beker-2017-2018

The first qualifying round will have the 24 Districtbeker teams and all Derde Divisie Zaterdag and Zondag teams plus some Tweede Divisie rounds. The second qualifying round will have the winners from the first qualifying round and some Tweede Divisie clubs. The first round will have all Eredivisie and Jupiler League teams plus 3 Tweede Divisie teams (and ofc, the first placed Tweede Divisie team will get promoted to the JL so the other 3 teams are extra so placed 2,3 and 4 in the Tweede Divisie) but this round has to have 64 teams.

I also found some other things:

The KNVB wants the KNVB Beker to have an extra sub in extra time. http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/26855973/__KNVB_wil_extra_wissel_in_bekertoernooi__.html

And the KNVB wants to start the amateur leagues 3 weeks later than this year was, and the first and second qualifying cup rounds will start later. http://www.hetamsterdamschevoetbal.nl/knvb-wil-seizoen-20172018-later-beginnen/

Edited by Slabbekoorn

1 hour ago, stevenvdijk said:

@Slabbekoorn Sounds great with all the new updates and additions! Any idea when you will upload the next version?

I just finished the KNVB Beker as it is now. It should've been easier if I would've figured out the rules from the beginning but still learned some new tricks. And I now found the Districtbeker rules and that is going to be a lot of work. So that will take some time and probably a lot of new teams for the Tweede Klasse.

I'm creating the reserve leagues as we speak. And then I still need to fix all fixture dates. I still need a couple of days. And then I'll need some testers to play a bit and find some errors for me.

Small update, I ran into some problems again. Every competition is verifying but the game still crashes when I set up a new game. I don't know why and I'm already thrown back at least 6 of my 10 back ups (so thats already 3 evenings of work went down the drain, yay). Hopefully one back-up will remain otherwise I've done everything for nothing. The file should be ok so I don't know why the game is screwing with me. :(

Edit:

Got the file working again. I verified the game cache for both the game and editor and also moved all other editor data files to an other location with only my file remaining, then I verified every division seperately and found out that the Derde Divisie was the one that was bugging me and remade it again and it worked eventually (after moving all other database files to another location).

So Districtsbeker West I is finished and the right teams draw without the Eredivisie/Jupiler League/ Tweede Divisie/Derde Divisie teams and the the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs teams also draw (which is the supercup for the winners of the 6 Districtsbekers). I now only have the other Districtbekers left (West II/Zuid I/Zuid II/Oost/Noord) and hopefully the winners and runners up will qualify for the KNVB Beker. Then I only need to add the u19s and reserves and that should be it.:D

And now I'm saving this file just to make sure that I have a nice back-up that actually works...

Edited by Slabbekoorn

I'm afraid that I can't get the file working without random crashes. I don't know why it is crashing and I don't know why the Derde Divisie is messing it up, the editor verifies 50% of the time or crashes for 50% of the time. But this happened a lot of back ups ago where I wasn't even editing the Derde Divisie but I think I just wasted a lot of my time and got a lot of people's hope up for nothing. :(

I can't fix it, sorry. I'll edit our standard 2.5 file and I'll add the Districtsbekers but its still not the update that I would've wanted...

Edit:

I forgot about the file I uploaded here, nice to have a back up. So I'm not gonna quit. That file only needs the KNVB Beker, Johan Cruijff Schaal, 6 Districtbekers and KNVB Beker voor Amateurs. So I'll continue. Although this new file may have some matchday/matchtime mistakes but nothing game breaking like that killer error I got.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

Thanks for your help krlenjushka but I already remade the competitions last night so I'm already back to business (except for some offset dates and matchdays). So everything is working now.

For the rest of the people that are waiting, I'll post the concept file here tonight and I need some people to test my file and look for some minor errors (matchdays etc.), that would save me a lot of time and you all would be a big help for me. The final file will be ready before christmas.

Small update (I haven't forgotten about it) but I ran into a minor issue again. Reserves won't draw the right teams in the lower leagues...

But the beloftencompetitie and Ere/Eerste Divisie u19 are fully up and running.

Edited by Slabbekoorn

1 hour ago, franss said:

@Slabbekoorn is there already a new(er) version available?

Not yet, I'm having trouble getting some reserves from Tweede/Derde Divisie into the reserve competition. A few never get drawn even though everything is set right, and often it draws teams that are not even in the competition range and even lower than the Eerste Klasse.

Nice work Etzella, thanks! Those Eerste Klasse kits would be highly appreciated since the Eerste Klasse is in the update.

And I'm currently working on the reserves, I don't want nothing but perfection so I removed some Local Regions and used the 6 districts instead. Now JVC Cuijck reserves will play EVV Echt reserves for example. And it's way better than keeping all normal local regions IMO.

I still ran into some problems with some reserveteams drawing in the wrong local region reserves, HSV Hoek reserves (Zeeland) and vv Alverna reserves (Gelderland although I put them in the Zuid II district with Limburg and east of Noord-Brabant) played in the West I reserves (Noord-Holland and Utrecht). So I checked what was wrong and found out that their stadiums didn't have a city set/local region set so I'm now checking every single club's stadium's city/local region. But the reserves look way better than before. Can't wait to let you guys play it. 

The file is almost ready, I already playtested it for a while and removed some errors so the Districtbekers are functioning well, as well as some drawing mistakes from the KNVB Beker, I also added all fixture dates for Eredivisie, removed a return leg from the Johan Cruijff Schaal and I had to add ranking levels to the Eredivisie because the European Playoff places (place 5-8) got the places that the clubs that finished 2-4 had to receive plus it was sending the cup winner into the CL. Hilariously resulting in FC Den Bosch as Jupiler League team that won the Dutch Cup and got into the Champions League Group stages with Real Madrid, losing 17-0:p. 

So tonight I'll add all the stadiums for the Eerste Klasse teams because the game uses the clubs stadium to decide its city and local region and I.m fixing the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs because it draws the teams from a year earlier.

On 26-12-2016 at 16:13, Slabbekoorn said:

And I'm currently working on the reserves, I don't want nothing but perfection so I removed some Local Regions and used the 6 districts instead. Now JVC Cuijck reserves will play EVV Echt reserves for example. And it's way better than keeping all normal local regions IMO.

If you look at the Austrian data, the way the Bundesländer are cut up into Bezirks, give the idea the Austrian data people came to the same conclusion. Did you remove the Local Regions or just edited them?

14 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

If you look at the Austrian data, the way the Bundesländer are cut up into Bezirks, give the idea the Austrian data people came to the same conclusion. Did you remove the Local Regions or just edited them?

I edited the local regions, changed Noord-Holland into District West I added population and cities, next I deleted the Holland/population info for Utrecht but I could not delete the region in the editor, next I moved some cities from outside of their local region to the right district (Hillegom from South-Holland is in West I, Dordrecht from South-Holland is in Zuid I, Cuijk, Oss, Helmond from Noord-Brabant are in Zuid II, Flevoland is split into West I for Almere, Oost for Lelystad and Noord for Emmeloord) etc etc. The game uses this info only if you seperate teams using local regions and with reserves/u19s and the Dutch competitions are split into 6 anyways so it all works out fine.

The game is throwing some curveballs at me though, I ran a long-term file yesterday and the game stopped updating at 2020 but I've fixed the problem in the meantime. The relegation playoffs were too close to the season update day and the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs was in the way. I changed the Hoofd/Eerste Klasse promotion/relegation playoff into one with one match each round to save some time and I changed one KNVB Beker voor Amateurs date from saturday to wednesday and now it is fine.