Advice/opinions on FMT17 iPad version

Hi everyone,

Basically having gotten older, moved into the real world and got married, I don't have as much time to play FM anymore. Last year I bought FMT16 on iPad and it was fantastic. I was able to play more as it was easily accessible, portable and the game was much quicker to play.

With the release of this years iteration now available on the App Store, I'm hoping you can help me by advising on the below questions as I'm in two minds as to whether to buy the new game or just stick with last year:

1) a lot of reviews on the App Store are complaining that the game crashes a lot and the match engine is very laggy and slow. Is this the case?

2) Is Brexit in the iPad version of FMT?

3) Is this years version much different from last years?

thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to take the time to help. 

From what I have read the ME is leggy on 3D.

I play on 2D and there is no problem whatsoever so if you or anyone else is the same then you won't have an issue

The only negative for me is I find it all a bit crammed on an 8 Inch S2. It bugs me I cannot see the words on the menus down the left hand side, I see icons instead. that really bugs me tbh.

I'd counter that by saying the 3D on my iPad Air 2 is absolutely fine, and the game motors along between fixtures. Gets very hot and you need to play with it plugged in otherwise battery life is about two - three hours max, but definitely no major problems (some minor annoying GUI bugs, but nothing game-stopping). No crashes at all as yet for me.

I too have limited time, so can't answer the Brexit question as haven't got far enough into the game, and didn't buy FMT for tablets last year so can't help with the comparison

On 25/11/2016 at 17:05, BuryBlade said:

1) a lot of reviews on the App Store are complaining that the game crashes a lot and the match engine is very laggy and slow. Is this the case?

2) Is Brexit in the iPad version of FMT?

3) Is this years version much different from last years?

thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to take the time to help. 

1) Playing on Ipad Mini 3. Have some ocasional crashes, but nothing too serious. Usually happens when playing the game and have others apps open. If play with anything else closed theres no problem.

The 3D is very laggy and imo is unwatchable at the moment. The classic 2D it's fine.

2) Don't know.

3) No. Most changes are "under the hood" like the new ME and stuff like that, so apart from the updated database and the social feed, i didn't notice any "big" changes.

On 28/11/2016 at 18:37, BuryBlade said:

Thanks for the replies so far. Based on your feedback, I think I'll stick with 16 for now and wait until the match engine issues have been addressed. 

The ME it's pretty balanced, and imo it's better when compare with the ME from 16.

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The ME it's pretty balanced, and imo it's better when compare with the ME from 16.

Has the update released today stabilised things (for those who were having issues)? I'm tempted to get it as I've just finished season 14 on FMT16 and I'm losing interest in it and want to play a save in a brexit world (for a harder challenge!) 

Hi Keyzer Soze,

I went and bought the game yesterday and I'm so glad I did. Not really experienced the issues that others have said they are having with lag or crashes. I'm currently in October and it's crashed twice, no more than I had on FMT16 and the match engine runs really smoothly for me on my IPad Air 2. 

Thanks for your advice earlier in the thread. Really glad I bought the game ?

Archived