The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

Nice updates as always..

Pendros doing well for Greece and hopfully playing for Real as well!

Needs a good perfromance in the last couple of games to hopefully sneak a play off place for the Premiership!!

KUTGW icon14.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon14.gif Beat San Marino again.

icon14.gif Drew Norway icon_eek.gif

icon13.gif Shut down by Israel

icon14.gificon_eek.gif Holy crap, I'm in the lead! Looks like relegation woke me up! Oh man, this would be the greatest accomplishment in Faroese history since that goalie got on Sportscenter for wearing that poofy hat!

I decided to be technical and work out how many days this sign up has been going and then estimating tht it will close around about the beginning of september.

So..

sign up has been running for 80 days. 21 pages so far, and 2007 posts (including this one). That means on avergage there have been 25.0875 posts per day.

There are 117 days until September 1st:

117 x 25.0875 = 2935.2375

2935 + 2007 = 4942

4942 posts by September 1st meaning it will reach page...

umm 50?

Okay, I'm not a freak, I'm revising for this maths exam and this counts as revision. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NeoAC:

icon14.gificon_eek.gif Holy crap, I'm in the lead! Looks like relegation woke me up! Oh man, this would be the greatest accomplishment in Faroese history since that goalie got on Sportscenter for wearing that poofy hat!

Hahaha, I remember that being on the highlights show over here - was brilliant!

Yeah, Ryan Andrews seems to have timed his run for the title well, doing it in the season he breaks the Faroese national scoring record so as to get those 25 crucial bonus points!!!

Originally posted by DodgeeD:

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon14.gif!!!

Holy crap! I never actually thought that would be my boy banging in 5 goals. I guess the Kazahks have nobody else capable of scoring. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the match screenie - looks like it was a hell of a game.

Well I had to show the screenie - no one would have believed me otherwise that Kazakhstan could score 5 goals in a game!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ridleys:

I decided to be technical and work out how many days this sign up has been going and then estimating tht it will close around about the beginning of september.

So..

sign up has been running for 80 days. 21 pages so far, and 2007 posts (including this one). That means on avergage there have been 25.0875 posts per day.

There are 117 days until September 1st:

117 x 25.0875 = 2935.2375

2935 + 2007 = 4942

4942 posts by September 1st meaning it will reach page...

umm 50?

Okay, I'm not a freak, I'm revising for this maths exam and this counts as revision. icon_biggrin.gif

I said more because I thought it would take longer for the new people's players to retire than the originals, meaning the sign up went on for longer.

However, the real big sensation of the month was the Bulgaria 6 v 5 Kazakhstan scoreline, which saw Suk-Yo Bum score a hattrick for the victorious Bulgaria, despite a headline grabbing, MoM performance from Jason Demir who hit all 5 for Kazakhstan, thus catapulting himself back into the promotion battle for the Premier Division!!!

I had thought I would be the one to score 5 and lose, but this is a pleasant surprise. Still, good to get the win for Bulgaria (I told you our defense is HORRIBLE)

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

There were much more posts and updates at the initial stage of the sign up though. There is now more spread out updates and less posts per day.

Yeah, there were certainly more updates at the start as I was at college then and had more free time.

In theory, as long as my save game doesn't become corrupted, I won't start a new sign up until probably the 2nd patch of FM2009, so this could run for months and months yet (assuming interest still remains high). icon_smile.gif

I won't be around late June to late July as I'm going travelling for 3 weeks but barring that there should be a steady flow of updates over the next few weeks and months. icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Where is it you're going travelling?

Without going too far off topic, going Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Germany with the gf. Building her up for travelling before getting her to go away further from home next time. icon_wink.gif

Only away for the Semis and Final of the Euros which is a bonus! icon_biggrin.gif

Back on topic, might get an update of the end of season tables etc done tomorrow and then on Thurs I will do the June Int matches update. icon14.gif

Apologies, I should of took it to the off topic thread. It was just cause you mentioned it I thought I'd ask in here.

Sounds cool though, thinking about holidaying with a few mates not this summer but next summer as I'll be 18 then. Could go to where Aberdeen are on pre-season or suchlike but I fancy some travelling.

Sorry again.

Look forwards to the updates. icon14.gif

All looks good with Brendan picking up a few points although no goals or wins for Liechtenstein. As for who will win I think it will be hard to pull in Faroes but if anyone could do it, it will probably be Slovenia.

Originally posted by Living_Legend:

What has happened with Paddy O'Furniture???

Shocking season.

I know, I've been a tad surprised with his lack of int performances this season. Looked at his injury history and there was nothing really around international weeks - think the manager has just decided to play other players! icon_confused.gif

May 2013 Domestic Situation Update

Champions League Final

Real Madrid v Lazio

dafuge & Pendros pick up winners medals despite the former missing a penalty in the 1st half and the later not coming off the subs bench!

UEFA Cup Final

Dortmund v Inter

Paddy O'Furniture may have had a poor season with Finland, but he rounded off his domestic season in final style with a winning brace in the final!

League Tables

English Premier Division

Championship

German First Division

Greek Superleague

Italian Serie A

Serie B

Russian Premier Division

Spain La Liga

Swedish Premier Division

Player Stats

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

In other news... after rejecting offers of a contract from Real Madrid, a recent run in the 1st team led to a change of heart from dafuge and the lad signed a 5 year contract with them worth £11million.

I have run the game past the June international dates so I think I know who's won! I just need to go back and check all the national goalscoring records to check that everyone has the right points totals at the season end. icon_smile.gif

Update on that will come tomorrow evening. icon14.gif

Unbelievable! - I managed more goals in one half for Kazahkstan than I did all season at Ascoli icon_biggrin.gif

Here's hoping my international form continued into June. I calculate that 2 more games and 10 m ore goals would be enough to win it. icon_razz.gif

Champions League Final

Real Madrid v Lazio

dafuge & Pendros pick up winners medals despite the former missing a penalty in the 1st half and the later not coming off the subs bench!

Hooray??

Not doing too bad when I do play with 7(1) and 3 goals.

And I'll still be here looking for updates icon_biggrin.gif

Finally a constant stream of first team football for Brendan with 21 goals in 41 games with a rating of over 7. I think that's my best season on record and hopefully it will continue in my international fixtures.

Archived