The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad return for Van Smith of Albania 25 goals in 30 caps for his country

Which puts him in the top 5 in the race to 50 goals.

A good return this season puts Van smith into the top ten of season 1013/14 even though he only played 6 games where he scoed 7 goals, not bad for a smaller country.

the points tally this season get him into the overall top 20 of all time near the bttom thoug ranked 18.

hopefully with more games this season can better this and score more goals and improve to cgallenge for the title

Jason Demir seems to be improving at Sporting, though I think he will never quite reach his full potential...

Still, international stats are what count here and 19 goals in 35 games is pretty good. icon14.gif I should be able to stay in the national side right up until I retire too (here's to me winning the 2025/6 contest as the sole participant icon_biggrin.gif)

Kapono looking good. Over 16+ everywhere he needs icon_smile.gif WW may I ask two questions? First if Denmark manager is given the boot after WC or not. Secondly, how far Kapono is from all-time scoring record for Denmark? It was around 50 or something before the signup started as far as I remember.

Nooo Pendros is injured! May I enquire as to how long Mr WW?

Nice updates as always; a very extensive post for the hall of fame etc but a very interesting one!

And how many of us are there at Real Madrid these days?

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

Nooo Pendros is injured! May I enquire as to how long Mr WW?

Please take the time to reflect on how you know that and how you might be able to go about finding out the answer to it (asking me isn't the only answer!). icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

I didn't actually notice it on the player profile; I spotted it on the 'caps' screen shots.

But yes.. I see what you mean.

And 2 months ffs..

The All New Updated All Time Top Goalscorers List

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Albania - Kyle Van Smith

Andorra - Alexei Lloyd-Hooker

Armenia - Arthur Petrosyan (15)

Austria - Anton Polster (44)

Azerbaijan - Arthur White

Belgium - Paul Van Himst (30)

Bosnia - Elvir Bolic (22)

Belarus - Maxim Romaschenko (15)

Bulgaria - Dimitar Berbatov (74)

Croatia - Davor Å uker (45)

Cyprus - Michalis Konstantinou (33)

Czech Republic - Milan Baros (59)

Denmark - Jon Dahl Tomasson (59)

England - Wayne Rooney (78)

Estonia - Andres Oper (28)

Finland - Jari Litmanen (28)

France - Thierry Henry (55)

Faroe Islands - Ryan Andrews

Georgia - Shota Arveladze (26)

Germany - Miroslav Klose (73)

Greece - Nikos Anastopoulos (29)

Holland - Ruud Van Nistelrooy (47)

Hungary - Florian Albert (32)

Ireland - Robbie Keane (60)

Iceland - Eiður Guðjohnsen (41)

Israel - Toto Tamuz (30)

Italy - Alessandro Del Piero (30)

Kazakhstan - Jason Demir

Liechtenstein - Brendan Petersen

Lithuania - Felix

Luxembourg - Robert Dillon

Latvia - Maris Verpakovskis (22)

Moldova - Sneaky Ninja

Macedonia - Goran Pandev (43)

Malta - Carmel Busuttil (23)

Montenegro - Mirko Vucinic (33)

N Ireland - Magnus Donaldson

Norway - John Carew (31)

Poland - Wlodzimierz Lubanski (48)

Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo (55)

Romania - Gheorghe Hagi (35)

Russia - Alexandhr Kerzhakov (51)

San Marino - Diego Polo

Scotland - James McFadden (31)

Serbia - Dusan Bajevic (36)

Slovakia - Robert Vittek (30)

Slovenia - Zlatko Zahovic (35)

Spain - Fernando Torres (77)

Sweden - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (50)

Switzerland - Alexander Frei (64)

Turkey - Hakan Sükür (51)

Ukraine - Andriy Shevchenko (39)

Wales - Ian Rush (28)

</pre>

There are a couple of you who are near to breaking the record, so some bonus points could be on the way to some superstars next season. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by 5ergio:

Kapono looking good. Over 16+ everywhere he needs icon_smile.gif WW may I ask two questions? First if Denmark manager is given the boot after WC or not. Secondly, how far Kapono is from all-time scoring record for Denmark? It was around 50 or something before the signup started as far as I remember.

No, he kept his job as manager.

See above for the 2nd question.

Player Update upto end of World Cup 2014

Transfers

King Queen signs for Newcastle from Juventus in a £17.25m transfer on July 1st.

Juventus decided to spend most of that cash on another European superstar, spending an initial £16.5m on Besiktas' Parker Reynolds. The transfer could rise upto £25.5m.

Zadabheer Jaradafred signs for West Ham from Villareal on July 1st in a £5.25m transfer.

Triple H has potentially made the biggest money move yet, transferring to Barcelona from Paris St Germain for an initial £28m, upto a possible £35m.

Barcelona have also been busy buying Adam C from Valladolid for £3.1m.

Offers

David Pitt has had bids from Genoa, West Brom, Real Madrid, Napoli & Galatassary for all around £4-6m.

Pendros has put in a transfer request and with a £7m min release fee clause, several clubs have bid this amount straight up. These clubs are Valencia, Sevilla, Murcia, Barcelona & Liverpool.

International Sackings

The following nations have parted way with their manager after the World Cup:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Argentina USA

Nigeria Chile

France Greece

Cameroon Costa Rica

</pre>

But all those names pail in comparison to the news that Quique Flores is to step down as the manager of Spain after the World Cup. The manager who brought 2 World Cup successes and a Confederations Cup success to the perennial underachievers fancies a new challenge - who can blame him!!!

Summer Transfer Window News 2014

Pendros has rejected the offer of a new 5 year contract with Real Madrid and has decided to join Liverpool in a £7m transfer.

Real Madrid didn't have to wait too long though to get a new superstar, with David Pitt joining them from Middlesbrough in a £5.5m transfer.

Then a month later Real Madrid decided to splash the cash and broke the record transfer fee for a European Superstar by paying Werder Bremen £33.5m for Mini Saville.

Marek Almonde has joined Italian club Grosseto on loan from Spanish side Racing for the season.

Haowan, Alex Drew & Mike Bird all rejected contract offers from their clubs in Mid July.

After winning the World Cup, Tom Collantine has said that he wants a new challenge away from Sevilla.

Ulf Chaoc has signed a new 5 year contract with Lazio worth £19m.

Lazio have bought Damon Lowe from Inter Milan for £8.75m.

and finally, lets end with a recurring storyline... Alex Drew has revealed to the News of the World that he is deeply unhappy that Fulham have rejected a transfer bid from Portsmouth at the end of August.

and finally, lets end with a recurring storyline... Alex Drew has revealed to the News of the World that he is deeply unhappy that Fulham have rejected a transfer bid from Portsmouth at the end of August.

Again? icon_frown.gif Damn you Fulham. Yeah, they've been good to me, but they can't keep me here forever.

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Then a month later Real Madrid decided to splash the cash and broke the record transfer fee for a European Superstar by paying Werder Bremen £33.5m for Mini Saville.

\o/

Pity that doesn't translate into internationals. But still icon14.gif

KUTGW icon_biggrin.gif

Archived