The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only 9 non-responses out of 53, not bad at all, especially as wisla isn't around at the moment!

I'm back now, touched that I had a slot reserved for me icon14.gif. It seems you've gone into a lot of work for this, I've quickly read up on this thread and the sign-up thread to get up to speed with what I've missed.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Alex Drew

That will not go down well icon_biggrin.gif

Almost fell off my chair when the screenie loaded up icon_biggrin.gif! At least now I'm off to Norwich, though personally I'm not to fond of them either, but at least I might get some first team football icon_wink.gif.

Cheers Birdy for filling out the form for me icon14.gif spot on. Even managed to sneak my penalty taking stat in there aswell I see icon_wink.gif.

Nice to see the "player information" posts cropping up again, haven't seen them since the Qatar sign-up in FM Stories.

And I've seen that dafuge is updating the list now, I'll my name here in bold so that it should be noticable:

wisla_krakow - Alex Drew

Early July 2008 News

Larry de Poopinho has signed a new deal with Ascoli until June 2010, at £1,200pw.

Napoli and Bologna have made a £300k + clauses bid for Derren Brown.

Frankfurt has made a £1.3m + clauses bid for Julius Kapono.

Brucie Bonus is wanted by Barnsley. \o/

Ulf Chaoc is wanted by Dortmund.

Sebastian Skywalker feels there is too much competition for places at AEK at the moment.

Parker Reynolds is wanted by Schalke.

Juan King is wanted by Recreativo.

Arthur Li has had bids for him from Piacenza and Bologna for £700k. Both were accepted and he decided to join Bologna.

Mike Bird has signed a 1 year contract extension with Mladost until 2011.

Tom Collantine, Robert Dillon & Yhon Wi have rejected new contracts from their respective clubs.

European Under 19s Championship Call Ups

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Group A

Germany - James Knowles

Greece - No call up

Serbia - Derren Brown

Sweden - No call up

Group B

England - No call up

Holland - Niall O'Donnell

Italy - No call up

Switzerland - No call up (but Pablo Gonzalez was at EURO2008)

</pre>

Bit surprised at only 3 call ups for the championship, not sure why the other nations bar Switzerland didn't call up their star wonderkid?! icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whoopy D:

Italy here I come! Hopefully Derren Brown moves to Napoli so I don't have to feel guilty about keeping Arthur Li out the Bologna team icon_biggrin.gif

Whoops then!

Derren Brown signs for his new club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously I meant I hope I do sign for Bologna so that we can turn them into a goal scoring force

Wow, muy rapido updates!

KUTGW buddy!

Good to see an increase in stats for me, pretty much +1 on everything. And I've lost some weight icon_smile.gif

2U21 caps and 1 goals not bad for the young gun but disappointed to not be in U19s (or is that a good thing?)

Any significant improvements out there guys?

Originally posted by Whoopy D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whoopy D:

Italy here I come! Hopefully Derren Brown moves to Napoli so I don't have to feel guilty about keeping Arthur Li out the Bologna team icon_biggrin.gif

Whoops then!

Obviously I meant I hope I do sign for Bologna so that we can turn them into a goal scoring force </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So like what a mini-competition between us then icon_biggrin.gif Are we like the only two players who are playing on the same team?

Originally posted by Arthur Li:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Whoops then!

Obviously I meant I hope I do sign for Bologna so that we can turn them into a goal scoring force </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So like what a mini-competition between us then icon_biggrin.gif Are we like the only two players who are playing on the same team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can call it a competition if I start playing and scoring more than you, if not we'll call it a great partnership icon_wink.gif

Denmark fails to qualify for both EURO2008 & U19 icon13.gif

Still 4 caps and 3 goals for U21 icon13.gif

Nice improvement in anticipation & composure icon14.gif plus a height gain to make it 5' 11" icon_biggrin.gif

Frankfurt has made a £1.3m + clauses bid for Julius Kapono. icon14.gificon14.gif This could be the largest initial fee if I'm not mistaken.

Hello all,

Right, plan of attack for today is...

1) Load up FM and answer your queries.

2) As dafuge put it - reveal the 'cliffhanger' of the EURO U19 Championships. icon_wink.gif

3) Announce details of the new Eurovision league. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

4) Get the ridiculous amounts of transfers that are bound to happen over the summer reported and then start the 2008/2009 season.

icon14.gif

Hello all,

Right, plan of attack for today is...

1) Load up FM and answer your queries.

2) As dafuge put it - reveal the 'cliffhanger' of the EURO U19 Championships. icon_wink.gif

3) Announce details of the new Eurovision league. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

4) Get the ridiculous amounts of transfers that are bound to happen over the summer reported and then start the 2008/2009 season.

icon14.gif

Brillopants!

Answers to your queries

AhJoo - Russia play their season over the summer months so they haven't finished their season yet. Currently in 4th place in the Russian Prem after 14 / 30 games, 7 points off the leader.

Arthur Li - There are actually 5 clubs with 2 wonderkids, including Bologna, most haven't been revealed yet. I'll give you all a club / wage / value overview screenshot at the start of Sept. icon14.gif

PoopyPants - Ascoli survived their relegation playoff and will play in Serie B this season.

Answers to your queries

AhJoo - Russia play their season over the summer months so they haven't finished their season yet. Currently in 4th place in the Russian Prem after 14 / 30 games, 7 points off the leader.

Arthur Li - There are actually 5 clubs with 2 wonderkids, including Bologna, most haven't been revealed yet. I'll give you all a club / wage / value overview screenshot at the start of Sept. icon14.gif

PoopyPants - Ascoli survived their relegation playoff and will play in Serie B this season.

Stage One - Answer to queries complete.

xD

European Under 19s Championship 2008

Group A Highlights

Sweden U19s v Germany U19s

Sweden U19s v Serbia U19s

Serbia U19s v Germany U19s

Group B Highlights

England U19s v Holland U19s

Holland U19s v Italy U19s

Group Tables

Semi Finals

Serbia U19s v Holland U19s

Switzerland U19s v Germany U19s

Final

Holland U19s v Switzerland U19s

Tournament Stats

Top Average Ratings

Top Goalscorers

Review

It was Derren Brown who got the tournament off to a fantastic start with a 4 goal virtuoso display against Sweden U19s, scoring 5 goals in total, but it was Niall O'Donnell who will end the tournament with all the headlines. 7 goals in 5 games, including a brace in the final and the MoM award meant that he finished top of the goalscoring charts and overall average ratings.

James Knowles also put in a solid display during the tournament, scoring a couple of goals and helping Germany reach the semis.

All 3 strikers will now be looking to press their case for further U21 caps in the forthcoming season, with possibly even a full senior cap.

Archived