The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

Still at Pisa i see but still interest in me, don't think Napoli are ever going to make a move. Also glad to see the swiss in the under 21 tournament which i really hope i get called up for, cant imagine they qualified so i suppose they must be hosting it or something.

kutgw

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 2009 News

Felix has moved from Mashuk to Sparta Prague for £975k.

Mini Saville is out for 2 months with a damaged achilles tendon.

Ulf Chaoc out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Magnus Donaldson is considering his options. Currently in the Ipswich Reserves squad.

I'm not going to show player stats at the moment, but I will mention that Triple H has scored a mere 25 goals from 35 games this season for PSG!

Blackcats - The Swiss automatically qualified for the Euro U21s, Turkey are the hosts.

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Blackcats - The Swiss automatically qualified for the Euro U21s, Turkey are the hosts.

When I say 'automatically qualified', I should mean qualifying through normal means of beating over teams! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol ok thanks,don't how we managed to qualify above the likes of spain, germany, portugal, holland, croatia etc

In an outstanding decision, Suk-Yo Bum has turned down offers from AC Milan, Valencia, as well as a last

minute bid from Barcelona, to sign for Tottenham in a £1.4m transfer. Bum says he can't wait for his debut!

Well, maybe the good thing is that I'd actually get to play some games. Still, would have rather had Valencia.

March Qualifiers

Groups 1-6

Groups 7-9

March Friendlies

Page 1

Page 2

Eurovision Striking Contest 2008/09

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Eurovision Striking Contest 2008/09 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Chu Haowan Hungary 4 3 56

2 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 7 2 54

3 Kyle Smith Albania 5 2 48

4 Robert Boyle Estonia 4 2 47

5 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 7 1 47

6 Diego Polo San Marino 7 1 42

7 Felix Lithuania 4 1 35

8 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 7 0 35

9 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 6 0 31

10 dafuge Macedonia 3 1 30

</pre>

Eurovision Soccer League 2008/09

Eurovision Premier Division

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 7 2 0 -1 0 52 2 54

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Robert Boyle Estonia 4 2 0 0 0 40 7 47

3 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 7 1 0 0 0 45 2 47

4 Diego Polo San Marino 7 1 0 -1 0 42 0 42

5 Felix Lithuania 4 1 0 0 0 30 5 35

6 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 7 0 0 0 0 35 0 35

7 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 6 0 0 0 0 30 1 31

8 dafuge Macedonia 3 1 0 0 0 25 5 30

9 Steven Kemp Malta 6 0 0 0 0 30 0 30

10 Triple H Armenia 3 1 0 -1 0 22 7 29

11 Arthur White Azerbaijan 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

12 Mini Saville Austria 4 0 0 0 0 20 5 25

13 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 3 1 0 -1 0 22 0 22

14 Damon Lowe Iceland 4 0 0 -1 0 17 5 22

15 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus 4 0 0 0 0 20 1 21

16 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 3 0 0 0 0 15 1 16

17 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

18 Tom Healy Wales

18 In Der Van Dude Slovenia

Eurovision Second Division

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Chu Haowan Hungary 4 3 0 0 0 50 6 56

2 Kyle Smith Albania 5 2 0 0 0 45 3 48

3 Paddy O'Furniture Finland 5 0 0 0 0 25 6 31

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland 1 1 1 0 0 20 3 23

5 Ben Arsenal Norway 3 0 0 0 0 15 4 19

6 Parker Reynolds Poland 2 0 0 0 0 10 6 16

7 Julius Kapono Denmark 2 0 0 0 0 10 3 13

8 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria 2 0 0 0 0 10 1 11

9 Jason Healy Scotland 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

10 Adam Wilkinson Latvia 2 0 0 -1 0 7 0 7

11 Ulf Chaoc Georgia 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

11 Tyler Burrows Bosnia 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

13 Brucie Bonus Belarus 1 0 0 0 0 5 0 5

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

3 more debuts this month.... including Brucie Bonus \o/ \o/ \o/ icon_biggrin.gif

With just one set of games left this season (the 2 games of qualifiers at the end of May / start of June), Chu Haowan has got a small lead over Ryan Andrews. Defending champion Robert Boyle is 9 points behind the leader, but only as 1 game in June against Romania due to being in a 5 man group, this surely means that a new Eurovision Striking Contest Winner will be announced.

In the Eurovision Soccer League, it's nice to see the 2nd Division now expanding out as more people make debuts for their nations. The nations in the automatic promotion / relegation places at the moment look fairly secure where they are (good for some, bad for some depending on where you are!).

In the playoff zones for both divisions, this is how the playoff table looks:

Playoff Table

Div Player Name Country Points Destination

1 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland 23 Prem Div

2 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus 21 Prem Div

3 Ben Arsenal Norway 19 2nd Div

4 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 16 2nd Div

</pre>

As it stands, Pablo Gonzalez will be promoted and Sebastian Skywalker will keep his place in the Prem Division.

Ben Arsenal & Jason Demir would be playing in the 2nd Division if the season ended now.

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Is there going to be an update soon?

You got one 2 bloody hours ago!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

There you go, here's another just above...

I'm busy for the rest of the afternoon, got work to do, might do an update later on - that ok with you?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't saying you were doing it slow. I was just wondering.

April News & Player Stats

Player Stats 1

Player Stats 2

Player Stats 3

I'll give you all details about your player status' at the end of the season. icon14.gif

Sebastian Skywalker has rejected a new contract with AEK Athens.

Yhon Wi has agreed a new 3 year contract worth £1.5m with Watford. This makes him the new highest paid player out of the 53, on £10,750pw.

Niall O'Donnell & Kyle Van Smith have both indicated that they are looking to move on to bigger clubs to fulfill their ambitions.

may I ask what is the second/premier divison? I seem to have missed that part and can't seem to find the explanation... icon_confused.gif

There you go... icon14.gif

Looking Forward: Season 2008/09 & Beyond

Eurovision Soccer League

After an extremely success running of the Eurovision Striking Contest, the boffins at UEFA have devised a new competition to extract even more <STRIKE>money</STRIKE> interest in the new genre. They have officially announced that the 53 nations taking part will become part of the Eurovision Soccer League. Whilst the Eurovision Striking Contest will remain and will still be the No.1 competition for its participants, UEFA hope the Eurovision Soccer League will add greater interest to nations over the years who are not involved at the very top of the charts, as the excitement / worry of getting promoted / relegated with aid even more banter between fans!

UEFA has initially devised 2 leagues, with the 19 scoring nations from last season comprising the Eurovision Premier Division, but in future it is hoped for 3 leagues, 2 comprising 18 nations and 1 with 17. Nations / players will score points in the usual format, but with the new competition you possibly don't even have to be in the overall top 10 to win a trophy! Each season the bottom 3 / top 3 of each league will get relegated / promoted, but also the 4th & 5th bottom of each league will be compared against the 4th & 5th placed teams in the league below, with the 2 highest points scorers out of those 4 teams being in the higher league next season.

If you don't understand, don't worry - it will become clear as the season progresses! icon_biggrin.gif

For future seasons onwards, nations who are tied on points will be placed according to individual player points total, then goals scored and MoMs. icon14.gif

Jim Alex - There's 32 of us who have int caps now, so just a mere 21 who don't! icon_biggrin.gif

In fairness, they are all the big nations and I wouldn't be expecting some of them to break through for another 18 months yet. There's a few nations, such as Croatia, where people are on the bench or in the squad but are not being brought on.

A Little Tease...

I've just done the Sat matches of the May/June double header of int matches and here is some interesting news for you:

1) 2 more people have made their debuts.

2) Someone has scored a hattrick in Saturday's game to come from nowhere to being one of the leading contenders for the Eurovision Striking Contest 2008/09 Trophy, going into the last round of matches on Weds!

Full update later this evening. icon14.gif

Originally posted by DodgeeD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Please, please, please get a hattrick in my final match.

lol, that's what Jason Demir needs too. Let'S bring on the June qualifiers!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it one of us? (Seeing as we did ask icon_razz.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

lol, that's what Jason Demir needs too. Let'S bring on the June qualifiers!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it one of us? (Seeing as we did ask icon_razz.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Was it one of us? (Seeing as we did ask icon_razz.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the Saturday games was the round that Estonia missed out on, so it wasn't Robert Boyle.

Kazakhstan drew 0-0, so it wasn't Jason Demir either.

Everyone-else will have to wait as I'm not revealing anything else, other than that going into the Weds round of matches, the 2 leading players are tied on overall points scored. icon_razz.gif

A Little Tease...

2) Someone has scored a hattrick in Saturday's game to come from nowhere to being one of the leading contenders for the Eurovision Striking Contest 2008/09 Trophy, going into the last round of matches on Weds!

That must be me. I'm certain of it. Woohoo!

*starts celebrating*

Archived