The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

Originally posted by SJ234:

WW im trying to be be patient with France but how are am i doing at Elche?

good update

icon14.gif

League tables coming soon, so you will be able to see how the got on in LIGA BBVA. icon14.gif

Player News

Niall O'Donnell & Jason Healy have both submitted transfer requests to their respective clubs.

Tom Collantine will join Espaynol on July 1st after agreeing to a £2.9m transfer from Xerez.

Paddy O'Furniture will join FC Kobehavn on July 1st after agreeing to a £1.8M transfer from Levski Sofia.

Steven Kemp is unsettled at Sampdoria.

Malmo FF have received two £2.2m bids from Catania and Gladbach for Julius Kapono.

European U21 Championship Call Ups

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Group A

Czech Rep - Robaldinho

</pre>

Only 1 call up out of 8 nations isn't great, but... the World U20 Cup is due to start later in the month of June and features the following nations from Europe:

England

Germany

Holland

Serbia

Sweden

Switzerland

</pre>

Don't ask how they qualified as I don't have a clue!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Will be interesting to see if anyone gets called up for that tournament.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2008/09 League Tables

English Premiership

Championship

German 1st Division

2nd Division

Greek Superleague

National B Division

Italian Serie A

Serie B

Romanian 1st League

Russian Premier Division

1st Division

Serbian Superleague

Swedish Premier Division

The Russian and Swedish leagues are ongoing but all the other leagues have finished. Note: Ascoli did not get promoted via the playoffs in Serie B.

Jaradafred Zadabheer - Notts Forest got promoted to the English Championship this season.

International Caps

Most Capped

Ones in the middle

Least Capped

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Triple H doing good, at PSG. However i believe you missed out the French League in the last update.

Didn't miss it out, just unfortunately I am not running that league. icon_frown.gif

Leagues Running

Top 2 divisions in:

England

Germany

Greece

Italy

Romania

Russia

Serbia

Spain

Sweden </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this Robert.

Originally posted by Whoopy D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Note: Ascoli did not get promoted via the playoffs in Serie B

Did Bologna though? that's what we really want to know icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, forgot about Bologna - which is a bit silly considering there are 2 of you there! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Answer: No, you didn't get promoted either, Messina did.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

Can I see the Scottish league?

As aaberdeenn showed I'm only running leagues from those countries. I'm also running myself as a manager in Wales in holiday mode, so I've got 19 leagues running. Don't think my pc could have taken much more to be honest.

So unfortunately the Scottish Prem and French top div missed out. Those of you have been / still are stuck in the likes of Austria and Bulgaria, they weren't anywhere near my list of priorities for league running! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Can I see the Scottish league?

As aaberdeenn showed I'm only running leagues from those countries. I'm also running myself as a manager in Wales in holiday mode, so I've got 19 leagues running. Don't think my pc could have taken much more to be honest.

So unfortunately the Scottish Prem and French top div missed out. Those of you have been / still are stuck in the likes of Austria and Bulgaria, they weren't anywhere near my list of priorities for league running! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't really matter it's just nice to see. Only international matches matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whoopy D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Note: Ascoli did not get promoted via the playoffs in Serie B

Did Bologna though? that's what we really want to know icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, forgot about Bologna - which is a bit silly considering there are 2 of you there! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Answer: No, you didn't get promoted either, Messina did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well never mind, noticed earlier that Arthur Li the other Bologna player is from Montenegro, slightly ironic that out of all 53 available countries Serbia and Montenegro end up at the same club. I think it is anyway icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Robert_296:

It doesn't really matter it's just nice to see. Only international matches matter.

Yeah exactly, I'm trying to limit the amount of domestic news I give out as this sign up is based more on international performances. icon_smile.gif

This does remind me though, Ben Arsenal, even though Charlton finished 20th in the Premier League last season, they are in the UEFA Cup for the forthcoming season as they lost in the FA Cup final to Liverpool 3-1.

World U20 Cup Call Ups

England - Yhon Wi called up

Germany - James Knowles called up

Holland - Niall O'Donnell called up

Serbia - Derren Brown called up

Sweden - No call up

Switzerland - Pablo Gonzalez called up

</pre>

Groups 1-4

Groups 5-6

Wierd format of the top 2 in each group automatically qualifying, along with the 4 best 3rd placed teams for a slot in the last 16.

Euro U21 Championship

England beat Italy 4-1 in the final to win the trophy.

The only call up, Robaldinho, played a part in every match until they were knocked out 2-1 by Italy in the Semis. Czech Rep finished 2nd in their group behind England, with 2 wins and a loss. Robaldinho scored once, in his side's 3-0 win over Turkey in the group stages.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Any chance of the Spanish table?

Ah balls, I remember the Greek Nat B Division, but I forget the Spanish leagues! icon_biggrin.gif

Spanish League Tables 2008/09

First Division

LIGA BBVA

aaberdeenn - I believe they do. But, they won't for James Knowles as he has pulled his hamstring just before the German's first game and will out for 3 weeks. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by route1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Alexei Lloyd-Hooker has decided to join Empoli after not getting much action at Zaragoza.

The transfer fee was £950k.

This made me smile icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol!

- 17 caps, draw top. Yay!

- No goals for Andorra in all of this season icon_frown.gif

- 4 goals in 6 games for Empoli. Yay!

Shame I have a rubbish country, as I seem to be playing well now. Sigh.

kutgw mate icon14.gif

This does remind me though, Ben Arsenal, even though Charlton finished 20th in the Premier League last season, they are in the UEFA Cup for the forthcoming season as they lost in the FA Cup final to Liverpool 3-1.

Ooh, a cup runners-up medal and European football! icon14.gif

Still gutted to be relegated though. icon_frown.gif

Sorry, Haven't posted in a couple of days icon_biggrin.gif

Not the best first half of the season at sampdoria, only 1 sub apperance icon_frown.gif (although I did manage to score) icon_smile.gif

On Loan to Livorno, 13 apperance and 4 goals. icon_smile.gif

Both Sampdoria and Livorno get relegated. icon_frown.gif

14 International Caps icon_smile.gif

But only 1 international goal icon_frown.gif

My are looking abit better icon_smile.gif

Also I was wondering whether you are going to do a table of total point for the players, as well as just for each season, so we could see who has done best over the whole career??

KUTGW icon14.gif

Player News Upto the end of the World U20 Cup

Juan King - After a number of bids from big clubs around Europe, he joined AC Milan in a £1.8m transfer.

Tom Healy - Signed a new contract with Stoke.

Derren Brown - Signed a new contract with Bologna.

Ben Arsenal - To keep him at Charlton after relegation, the Norwegian star agreed a new 3 year contract

worth £6m! That works out at £37,500pw, the new highest wage earner by over £20k.

Ryan Andrews - Has joined PSG in a £1.9m transfer.

Mike Bird - Has signed a new contract with Vicenza.

Kyle Van Smith - Has joined PAOK from Aigaleo in a £575k deal.

</pre>

Up next the World U20 Cup report. icon14.gif

World U20 Cup Review

With James Knowles picking up a hamstring injury on the eve of the tournament, there were only 4 wonderkids taking part in this tournament. However, all 4 made their mark, all scoring at least 3 goals, with Yhon Wi scoring a hattrick in a 3-0 group game win for England against Paraguay.

Group Tables 1-4

Group Tables 5-6

Knockout Tree

Final

Holland U20s v Saudi Arabia U20s

Niall O'Donnell, who won the EURO U19 Championship last summer, reached the final again this summer, where Holland U20s met Saudi Arabia U20s.

Top Goalscorers

Highest Average Ratings

Archived