The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

----------------------------------------------------------------

</pre>

Eurovision Soccer League 2009/10

Eurovision Premier Division

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Diego Polo San Marino

3 Felix Lithuania

4 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein

5 Sneaky Ninja Moldova

6 Robert Boyle Estonia

7 Robert Dillon Luxembourg

8 Steven Kemp Malta

9 dafuge Macedonia

10 Arthur White Azerbaijan

11 Jason Demir Kazakhstan

12 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra

13 Triple H Armenia

14 Mini Saville Austria

15 Paddy O'Furniture Finland

16 Chu Haowan Hungary

17 Kyle Smith Albania

18 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland

19 Ulf Chaoc Georgia

Eurovision Second Division

Player Team Total

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Damon Lowe Iceland

2 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus

3 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Tom Healy Wales

5 In Der Van Dude Slovenia

6 Ben Arsenal Norway

7 Parker Reynolds Poland

7 Mike Bird Croatia

9 Adam Wilkinson Latvia

10 Julius Kapono Denmark

10 Pendros Greece

12 Tyler Burrows Bosnia

12 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria

13 Jason Healy Scotland

14 Brucie Bonus Belarus

15 Not In Use

16 Not In Use

17 Not In Use

18 Not In Use

Eurovision Third Division

Player Team Total

1 New debutants here

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

Forthcoming Season:

* The Premier Division will be cut from 19 to 18 teams at the end of the season, hence the greater number of automatic relegation spots.

* A maximum of one person will be relegated from the Second Division via the playoffs, due to the lack of players in the league at the moment

* All new debutants will appear in the Eurovision Third Division. The 4th placed team will be matched against the bottom team from the Second Division to decide who is in the Second Division next season.

* After a couple of requests, at the end of the season I will do an overall top 10 points table, showing who is the ongoing 'all time top points scorer'. icon14.gif

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia (73 points)

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland (94 points)

</pre>

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
* After a couple of requests, at the end of the season I will do an overall top 10 points table, showing who is the ongoing 'all time top points scorer'.

Cheers for including that WW. The effort you are puuting into this is appreciated icon14.gif KUTGW

Looking good WW!

Pendros still only with a couple of caps but looking to improve! AEK have made it to the Champions league so time for him to step into the limelight and get a big move..

Don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but on the list of caps Pendros was 'Unh'. Is that still there or has he sorted himself out?

Cheers and KUTGW icon_smile.gif

No call up for anything.

I'm starting to think Ukraine may be one of them nations where they're too good to call me up right now, but not good enough to qualify for the major tournaments at U-21 level.

I am, after all, the future Shevchenko, yay, a £30million flop. icon_cool.gif

I need a transfer to get noticed, but, I need to get noticed for a transfer, it's a viscious circle. icon_frown.gif

Congrats to the previous winners. icon14.gif

Originally posted by minisav:

Looking good. icon14.gif

What happens to the people who finish 14th and 15th in the Premiership?

The same as last season - they will compared against the 4th and 5th placed teams in the Second Division and the top 2 points scorer of the 4 will go into the Premier Division for the following season.

dafuge - cheers for that icon14.gif

Summer 2009 Transfer Window Update

Julius Kapono - Decided to join Catania for £2.2m.

Alexei Lloyd Hooker - Signed a new contract with Empoli.

Damon Lowe - Rejected a contract offer from AZ, to join Inter Milan from Malmo FF for £2.1m.

Suk-Yo Bum - Has joined Villareal on a season long loan spell from Tottenham.

Yhon Wi - A £6.9m transfer from Watford to Portsmouth fell through for undisclosed reasons.

Chu Haowan - His impressive international performances has helped him to secure a £5.75m transfer

to Gimnastic in the Spanish 1st Div. He rejected an offer from Celtic.

Arthur White - Panathinaikos made an attractive £8.5m for him and both Hannover and the player agreed.

James Knowles - Has been loaned out by Bayern Munich to Galatassary for the season.

Parker Reynolds - Has been loaned out by Gladbach to Lens for the season.

Ulf Chaoc - Has joined Mainz on loan for the season, where he will team up with Robaldinho.

Juan King - Since joining AC Milan, has been farmed out on loan for the season to Reggina

Player Status

Pendros - Wants to move to a bigger club and wants to move immediately from AEK.

Brendan Petersen - Fell out with a teammate at Genoa and is now considering his options.

Jason Healy - Keeps on turning down a new contract from Bristol City.

Felix - Unsettle at Sparta Prague.

Brucie Bonus - Has a groin strain so will be out for 2-3 weeks.

The transfer window is now closed so I can’t be bothered to go through all the ‘Wnt’ symbols.

Yhon Wi is wanted by Chelsea, but that is the only high profile club involved.

</pre>

How much does your player earn?

In the money

Middle Management Earners

Where's that begging bowl?

Where is everyone?

We are just starting the 3rd ever contest of the Eurovision Striking Contest, so I thought now would be a good time to analyse exactly where everyone is playing their domestic football:

Italy - 13

England - 7

Spain - 6

Germany - 6

Greece - 5

Russia - 5

France - 4

Romania - 2

Scotland - 1

Denmark - 1

Czech Rep - 1

Turkey - 1

Austria - 1

</pre>

Originally posted by minisav:

Thanks for that. Didn't notice it last season. Probably because it didn't involve me.

Good updates as always.

Oh and my begging bowl broke. icon_frown.gif Can Brucie Bonus buy me one with his huge wages? icon_wink.gif

Screw Brucie Bonus, you want to be asking Ben Arsenal for some money! icon_biggrin.gif

After all he does earn £20k a week more than anyone else! icon_eek.gif

Chu Haowan - His impressive international performances has helped him to secure a £5.75m transfer to Gimnastic in the Spanish 1st Div. He rejected an offer from Celtic.

Gimnastic for £5.75mil...Not bad at all.... icon_wink.gif

The last time I checked they weren't exactly rich...so they must think I'm pretty good to splash out £5.75m for me! icon_biggrin.gif

BUT

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I GO TO CELTIC!!! icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Chu Haowan - His impressive international performances has helped him to secure a £5.75m transfer to Gimnastic in the Spanish 1st Div. He rejected an offer from Celtic.

Gimnastic for £5.75mil...Not bad at all.... icon_wink.gif

The last time I checked they weren't exactly rich...so they mu

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Thanks for that. Didn't notice it last season. Probably because it didn't involve me.

Good updates as always.

Oh and my begging bowl broke. icon_frown.gif Can Brucie Bonus buy me one with his huge wages? icon_wink.gif

Screw Brucie Bonus, you want to be asking Ben Arsenal for some money! icon_biggrin.gif

After all he does earn £20k a week more than anyone else! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

I buy you a meal when our countries meet. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BenArsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Good updates as always.

After all he does earn £20k a week more than anyone else! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

I buy you a meal when our countries meet. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I more worried you'll buy our country when we meet for a meal.

September Fixtures

Sat Results Groups 1-6

Sat Results Groups 7-9

Weds Results Groups 1-6

Wweds Results Groups 7-9

Tables

Groups 1-3

Groups 4-6

Groups 7-9

2nd Placed Teams Ranking

Just to let you know, that out of the teams that finish in 2nd place in their groups, the top 8 qualify for the playoffs for the World Cup, but the 9th ranked nation does not qualify.

Just to note, only 2 games left in each group now, both to take place in October.

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

1 dafuge Macedonia 2 2 38

2 Mini Saville Austria 2 2 36

3 Mike Bird Croatia 2 2 33

4 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 2 1 26

4 Damon Lowe Iceland 2 1 26

6 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 2 1 21

6 Chu Haowan Hungary 2 1 21

8 Adam Wilkinson Latvia 2 1 20

9 Jason Healy Scotland 1 1 18

10 Tyler Burrows Bosnia 1 1 15

</pre>

Eurovision Soccer League 2009/10

Eurovision Premier Division

Player Team Total

1 dafuge Macedonia 2 2 1 0 0 35 3 38

2 Mini Saville Austria 2 2 0 0 0 30 6 36

3 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 2 1 1 0 0 25 1 26

4 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 2 1 0 0 0 20 1 21

4 Chu Haowan Hungary 2 1 0 0 0 20 1 21

6 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 2 0 0 0 0 10 3 13

6 Kyle Smith Albania 2 0 0 0 0 10 3 13

8 Diego Polo San Marino 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Robert Boyle Estonia 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Steven Kemp Malta 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Arthur White Azerbaijan 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

8 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

15 Triple H Armenia 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

16 Ulf Chaoc Georgia 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

17 Felix Lithuania 2 0 0 -1 0 7 0 7

18 Paddy O'Furniture Finland 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

18 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland

Eurovision Second Division

Player Team Total

1 Mike Bird Croatia 2 2 0 0 0 30 3 33

2 Damon Lowe Iceland 2 1 1 0 0 25 1 26

3 Adam Wilkinson Latvia 2 1 0 0 0 20 0 20

4 Jason Healy Scotland 1 1 0 0 0 15 3 18

5 Tyler Burrows Bosnia 1 1 0 0 0 15 0 15

6 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria 2 0 0 0 0 10 3 13

7 Pendros Greece 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

8 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus

8 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland

8 Tom Healy Wales

8 In Der Van Dude Slovenia

8 Ben Arsenal Norway

8 Parker Reynolds Poland

8 Julius Kapono Denmark

8 Brucie Bonus Belarus

R Not In Use

R Not In Use

R Not In Use

Eurovision Third Division

Player Team Total

1 New debutants here

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

Congratulations to Mike Bird for scoring his first goals for Croatia, but special congrats to Mini Saville, who after many a game for Austria without scoring, scored in both games during September. icon14.gif

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia (73 points)

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland (94 points)

</pre>

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Ulf Chaoc - Has joined Mainz on loan for the season, where he will team up with Robaldinho.

Good. icon14.gif I desperately need some club level playing time, because my stats aren't improving as fast as I'd like (and as some of the others).

And another cap for Georgia. icon14.gif

Need to pick up a few more points to get out of that relegation zone though, but it's still early in the season.

icon_eek.gif loads of updates icon_eek.gif

I'm in the Prem icon14.gif

Don't earn the most anymore icon_rolleyes.gif

£6.9m transfer from Watford to Portsmouth fell through for undisclosed reasons. icon_rolleyes.gif

Would that be the highest transfer?

Wanted by Chelsea icon13.gificon14.gif I think I would rather like to stay at Walford for now

stats look good and playing for the Under 21s and under 20s for England and scoring Plus one of the best players in the Under 20s World Cup

WW loads + Great updates KUTGW

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated. icon14.gif

The amount of posts and views this thread is getting is a real encouragement to me to keep this going. I know there are more people in this sign up than most, but considering this thread started proper just last Sunday, to have had over 700 posts and over 7,000 views is awesome! icon_cool.gif

This sign up already exceeds the amount of posts and views I received for Commentators Curse II and we are about half way to surpassing Commentators Curse I posts / views and that went on for about 4-5 months continously. icon_biggrin.gif

Just to let you know, updates will be slowing down slightly over the next few weeks as I have exams in the middle of March and at somepoint I should probably start doing some work outside of college hours. Should still be daily updates, just not necessarily as many as there have been. icon_wink.gificon14.gif

Archived