The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated. icon14.gif

The amount of posts and views this thread is getting is a real encouragement to me to keep this going. I know there are more people in this sign up than most, but considering this thread started proper just last Sunday, to have had over 700 posts and over 7,000 views is awesome! icon_cool.gif

This sign up already exceeds the amount of posts and views I received for Commentators Curse II and we are about half way to surpassing Commentators Curse I posts / views and that went on for about 4-5 months continously. icon_biggrin.gif

Just to let you know, updates will be slowing down slightly over the next few weeks as I have exams in the middle of March and at somepoint I should probably start doing some work outside of college hours. Should still be daily updates, just not necessarily as many as there have been. icon_wink.gificon14.gif

Got the old exams too hey, mine are in may and me and 6 of my mates conviently booked a trip to egypt a few weeks beforeicon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Blackcats:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

The amount of posts and views this thread is getting is a real encouragement to me to keep this going. I know there are more people in this sign up than most, but considering this thread started proper just last Sunday, to have had over 700 posts and over 7,000 views is awesome! icon_cool.gif

This sign up already exceeds the amount of posts and views I received for Commentators Curse II and we are about half way to surpassing Commentators Curse I posts / views and that went on for about 4-5 months continously. icon_biggrin.gif

Just to let you know, updates will be slowing down slightly over the next few weeks as I have exams in the middle of March and at somepoint I should probably start doing some work outside of college hours. Should still be daily updates, just not necessarily as many as there have been. icon_wink.gificon14.gif

Got the old exams too hey, mine are in may and me and 6 of my mates conviently booked a trip to egypt a few weeks beforeicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sould of pick a course whith no exams like mine icon_biggrin.gif

only joking good luck with the exams and great work

Seems its going to be a good thing you're not posting as much then seeing as loads of us have got exams coming up icon_smile.gif

But everyone keep on posting etc and keep the interest going.

Look forward to the next update!

And good luck to everyone with exams. The reason I've been on so much recently is Im writing my dissertation and have t'internet going in the background (as well as FM of course!)

Good luck with the exams mate. If you put half the effort into studying that you put into this sign-up, they should be a breeze icon_wink.gif

Cheers guys icon14.gif

Unfortunately didn't have a choice over the exams as their for a professional qualification and my firm can sack me if I fail them... which is nice! icon_rolleyes.gif

As I said before, not until the middle of March so should still be able to do a round of matches per night (just not the several months worths I've been doing so far).

Good luck with all your exams.

On a more on-topic note, should be able to do another update for October tonight. icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by Scott1990:

What happened to Bulgaria? Fifth in their group behind Turkey, Czech, Belarus, and Hungary. And they recently drew with Liechtenstein....

Are you saying something about Liechtenstein? We take our football very seriously and that one point is valued highly and if I scored in that game, although unlikely seeing I've only scored 2 in my career, then I've probably already been made a national hero icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bububu:

I scored 9 goals in 10 games, why am I unsettled?

Maybe because they pay me just over 2k!

WW you should add something like.. a transfer over -- gets you -- points stuff like that!

Felix is just considering his options, thats all.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I only want this sign up to focus on international games so I don't think I'll add points for transfers. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arthur Li:

Montenegro...Can I see the national team of them? I'm also surprised that nobody tried to train me to a more defensive position as i got some correct stats for defenders too...maybe that's a flaw in the game?

Just wait for the October update! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats just it, we can't wait. Hehe. << Joke. Take as long as you need, im not going no-where... I hope icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Fudger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arthur Li:

Montenegro...Can I see the national team of them? I'm also surprised that nobody tried to train me to a more defensive position as i got some correct stats for defenders too...maybe that's a flaw in the game?

Just about to crack on with it now. icon14.gif

Thats just it, we can't wait. Hehe. << Joke. Take as long as you need, im not going no-where... I hope icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fudger:

Thats just it, we can't wait. Hehe. << Joke. Take as long as you need, im not going no-where... I hope icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

Just about to crack on with it now. icon14.gif

October Fixtures

Sat Results Grpups 1-6

Sat Results Groups 7-9

Weds Results Groups 1-6

Weds Results Groups 7-9

Tables

Groups 1-3

Groups 4-6

Groups 7-9

2nd Placed Teams Table

Playoff Draw

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

----------------------------------------------------------------

3 Mike Bird Croatia 4 4 74

1 dafuge Macedonia 4 2 51

3 Diego Polo San Marino 4 3 50

4 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 2 3 48

5 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 4 2 46

6 Felix Lithuania 4 2 45

7 Chu Haowan Hungary 4 2 45

8 Mini Saville Austria 4 2 43

9 Damon Lowe Iceland 3 2 41

10 Adam Wilkinson Latvia 4 2 41

</pre>

Eurovision Soccer League 2009/10

Eurovision Premier Division

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 dafuge Macedonia 4 2 1 0 0 45 6 51

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Diego Polo San Marino 4 3 0 0 0 50 0 50

3 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 4 2 1 0 0 45 1 46

4 Felix Lithuania 4 2 1 -1 0 42 3 45

5 Chu Haowan Hungary 4 2 0 0 0 40 5 45

6 Mini Saville Austria 4 2 0 -1 0 37 6 43

7 Steven Kemp Malta 4 1 0 0 0 30 0 30

8 Ulf Chaoc Georgia 3 1 0 0 0 25 4 29

9 Paddy O'Furniture Finland 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

9 Triple H Armenia 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

11 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 4 0 0 0 0 20 4 24

11 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 4 0 0 0 0 20 4 24

13 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 4 0 0 0 0 20 1 21

13 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 4 0 0 0 0 20 1 21

15 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 4 0 0 0 0 20 0 20

15 Arthur White Azerbaijan 4 0 0 0 0 20 0 20

17 Kyle Van Smith Albania 3 0 0 0 0 15 3 18

18 Robert Boyle Estonia 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

19 Pablo Gonzalez Switzerland

Eurovision Second Division

Player Team Total

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Mike Bird Croatia 4 4 1 0 0 65 9 74

2 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 2 3 1 0 0 45 3 48

3 Damon Lowe Iceland 3 2 1 0 0 40 1 41

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Adam Wilkinson Latvia 4 2 0 0 0 40 1 41

5 Tyler Burrows Bosnia 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

6 Julius Kapono Denmark 2 1 0 0 0 20 6 26

7 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria 4 0 0 0 0 20 3 23

8 Jason Healy Scotland 1 1 0 0 0 15 3 18

8 Ben Arsenal Norway 1 1 0 0 0 15 3 18

10 Pendros Greece 2 0 0 0 0 10 4 14

11 Tom Healy Wales 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

12 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus

12 In Der Van Dude Slovenia

12 Parker Reynolds Poland

12 Brucie Bonus Belarus

R Not In Use

R Not In Use

R Not In Use

Eurovision Third Division

Player Team Total

1 Arthur Li Montenegro 1 0 0 0 0 5 0 5

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int Own Goal = -10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

Mike Bird is starting to dominate the charts this season and already promotion to the Premier Division looks a formality after 4 goals in 4 games. He has already surpassed Robert Boyle's winning total of 74 points from 2 seasons ago! Magnus Donaldson again shows off his ability by collecting a hattrick against Macedonia. If Northern Ireland played him more often then maybe they would have better results.

This month saw a new event and a new addition to the points system. Jason Demir has become the 1st wonderkid to score an own goal at int level and with it I have decided it is only fair that a new punishment of -10 points will be introduced (basically the negative points for scoring a goal).

Arthur Li made his debut and becomes the first player to appear in the Third Division.

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia (73 points)

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland (94 points)

</pre>

Originally posted by 5ergio:

WW can i ask for a little favor about Kapono? Can you check if I played any continental games for Catania? Even a yes-no will do icon_smile.gif Cheers

Kapono is not in Europe with Catania.

A positive spin on Catania's season is that Kapono has scored a quarter of their league goals after 7 games... the reality is that is only 1 goal!

Catania are dead bottom of Serie A with 1 point from 7 games. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Quick query WW - in the September update my player (Jason Demir) had a goal credited but in the November update he hasn't icon_confused.gif Could you check again to see which one is right? Cheers

He did indeed, but if you read the bottom of the October Update you will see he scored an own goal, so instead of adding another column I netted the 2 goals off (an own goal counting as a minus goal).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Quick query WW - in the September update my player (Jason Demir) had a goal credited but in the November update he hasn't icon_confused.gif Could you check again to see which one is right? Cheers

Sorry mate. I zoomed in on the update and wrote my post without reading on... (Retreats cap in hand and red-faced)

He did indeed, but if you read the bottom of the October Update you will see he scored an own goal, so instead of adding another column I netted the 2 goals off (an own goal counting as a minus goal). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived