The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009 / 2010 Season Summary

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/10 Top 10 Table

Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals Points

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Mike Bird Croatia 9 6 128

2 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 4 5 84

3 Paddy O'Furniture Finland 6 3 69

4 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 8 2 66

5 Mini Saville Austria 6 3 66

6 Steven Kemp Malta 5 3 63

7 Diego Polo San Marino 6 3 60

8 dafuge Macedonia 5 2 59

9 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 6 2 58

10 Suk-Yo Bum Bulgaria 7 1 54

</pre>

Eurovision Premier Division 2009/10

Champion: Paddy O'Furniture / Finland

Relegated: Alexei Lloyd-Hooker / Andorra

Triple H / Armenia

Jason Demir / Kazakhstan

Kyle Van Smith / Albania

Arthur White / Azerbaijan

Pablo Gonzalez / Switzerland

</pre>

Eurovision Second Division 2009/10

Champion: Mike Bird / Croatia

Promoted: Magnus Donaldson / N Ireland

Suk-Yo Bum / Bulgaria

Damon Lowe / Iceland

Jason Healy / Scotland

Relegated: None

</pre>

Eurovision Third Division

Champion: Arthur Li / Montenegro

</pre>

My Thoughts

Congratulations to Mike Bird who has won the Eurovision Striking Contest 2009/2010 with a record breaking points total. icon14.gif

Well done also to Paddy O'Furniture who followed up winning the overall contest last season with winning the Eurovision Premier Division this season. Well done also to Arthur Li who won the Eurovision Third Division with a whopping 5 points!

I think this forthcoming international campaign will become even more interesting as players are starting to move to bigger clubs domestically and as the players have just turned 21, some of the bigger nation players could start to squeeze their way into the reckoning.

I expect more goals than ever to be scored this next season and it will be interesting to see exactly how many points can be scored in one season by an individual / nation?!

Roll of Honours

Eurovision Striking Contest Winners

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia (73 points)

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland (94 points)

2009/10 - Mike Bird / Croatia (128 points)

Overall Medal Table

Pos Contestant Nation Gold Silver Bronze

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Paddy O'Furniture Finland 1 0 1

2. Robert Boyle Estonia 1 0 0

2. Mike Bird Croatia 1 0 0

4. Magnus Donaldson Northern Ireland 0 2 0

5. Chu Haowan Hungary 0 1 0

6. Diego Polo San Marino 0 0 1

6. Kyle Van Smith Albania 0 0 1

---------------------------------------------------------------

Eurovision Premier Division Champions

2008/09 - Ryan Andrews / Faroe Islands (64 points)

2009/10 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland (69 points)

Eurovision Second Division

2008/09 - Paddy O'Furniture / Finland ( 94 points)

2009/10 - Mike Bird / Croatia (128 points)

European Third Division

2009/10 - Arthur Li / Montenegro (5 points)

</pre>

Instead of doing an overall points table each season, I've decided to do medals table instead which shows how many top 3 placings people have had each year in the overall contest.

The Race to 100 Caps

In a new addition to the end of season summary, these screenshots show who is leading the race to become the first Eurovision striker to earn 100 caps for his nation. At the moment there is a 3 way tie for the lead:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Up tomorrow, player profiles screenshots, the summer transfer window update, wages & values screenshots and the start of the next season's contest. icon14.gif

Just to let you know, the highest wage earner is no longer Ben Arsenal and the poorest earner will now take over 2 years to earn what the highest earner gets in 1 week!

Still unhappy. I'm getting worried about Jason Demir enetring a depression now as he's been unhappy for sometime... Maybe an appearance on TV with Borat could help cheer him up and boost his profile in the UK at the same time icon_biggrin.gif

Slightly off topic, but 1000 posts in this thread in just 2 weeks (and that doesn't even include the related thread sign up detail posts!) and almost 10,000 views is quite amusing. icon_biggrin.gif

Only 4 other threads on the front page with more posts than this (Gundo & dafuge challenges, the records thread and kipfizh's awesome thread! icon_redface.gif

Only 3 seasons complete as well, with you only just turning 21 there could easily be upto 15 seasons left of updates! (Depends how many of you sack off international football once your all earning squillions icon_wink.gif)

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Slightly off topic, but 1000 posts in this thread in just 2 weeks (and that doesn't even include the related thread sign up detail posts!) and almost 10,000 views is quite amusing. icon_biggrin.gif

Only 4 other threads on the front page with more posts than this (Gundo & dafuge challenges, the records thread and kipfizh's awesome thread! icon_redface.gif

Only 3 seasons complete as well, with you only just turning 21 there could easily be upto 15 seasons left of updates! (Depends how many of you sack off international football once your all earning squillions icon_wink.gif)

Congrats on that mate icon14.gif I put it down to the fact you've managed to manage (if that makes sense icon_razz.gif) a sign-up with over 50 participants, keeping everyone interested with regular updates. Hopefully I still won't be at Ural after 15 more seasons icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers: 1st July - End of the World Cup

Mini Saville has decided to leave Furth and joins Olympiakos for a fee of £5.5m. He rejected offers from Salzburg and Frankfurt.

Niall O'Donnell has join Frankfurt in a £3.5m transfer from 1860 Munchen.

David Pitt has signed a new 3 year contract worth £1.5m with Koln.

Derren Borwn has signed a new 3 year contract worth £1.5m with Bologna.

Yhon Wi has handed a transfer request into Watford.

Pendros has turned down the offer of a new contract with AEK Athens.

Polish striker Parker Reynolds has decided to join FC Groningen of Denmark on a season long loan from Gladbach.

Ulf Chaoc has decided to join FC Twente on a season long loan from Werder Bremen.

Jason Demir & Brucie Bonus have both rejected new contracts from their respective Russian clubs.

Bob McBob has turned down a new contract from Elche.

Post World Cup Managerial Sackings

There weren't too many manager sackings post the World Cup (out of the nations that I could manage on FM):

Brazil

France

and... Bulgaria (even though they didn't make it to the World Cup - perhaps why?!)

Player Status Updates, day after the World Cup Final

Wanted by...

Yhon Wi - Liverpool, Man Utd, Aston Villa, West Ham , Chelsea and Sunderland.

Diego Polo - Lazio and Inter Milan.

Parker Reynolds - By 5 clubs, the biggest being Inter, but has gone on loan so transfer unlikely.

Joo - Spartak Moscow

Larry De Poopinho - Roma, Genoa and Monaco.

Julius Kapono - Sporting Lisbon, Bordeaux and Zaragoza.

Robert Boyle - Portsmouth.

Ulf Chaoc - Sunderland and Monaco but unlikely to move as already been sent on loan for the season.

Pablo Gonzalez - Inter Milan and Wigan (who did finish 3rd in the Premiership last season btw!!!)

James Knowles - Wolfsburg and PSV, though I think mroe on a loan basis.

Bids...

Steven Kemp - Inter have bid £4.3m for him, also wanted by Lazio, Roma, Villareal and Levante.

Mike Bird - Five bids from Genoa, Juventus, Palermo, Zaragoza and Barcelona! Vary from £5.5m - £15m.

The Italian bids are for co-ownership with Vicenza.

Tom Collantine - Inter, Sevilla and Tottenham have all offered £7.75m.

Injuries

Triple H & Jim Alex - Both have twisted knees, both out for a further couple of weeks.

</pre>

Next update will be the September 1st update with all the transfer movements and the wages / values screenshot. icon14.gif

CA / PA Update

Without naming names I thought I would give you a little update on the spread of CA between the players after 3 seasons. Everyone's PA is 195, as I said at the beginning of the thread.

Beginning of Season 1 (July 2007): Everyone started with a CA = 110.

Beginning of Season 4 (July 2010): Highest CA = 161

Lowest CA = 116

Mean CA would be somewhere in the region of 140-145.

</pre>

I've been taking a look at the CA's at the end of every season and most people tend to be progressing by about 10 points a year. Considering now that you are all starting to move to bigger clubs and have all just turned 21, the next 3-4 years will see them shoot up hopefully!

I won't reveal who the top CA person is, but I will tell you that they have yet to receive an Int Cap yet!

I can tell you who the bottom CA is, as to confirm that there was no cheating on my part Brucie Bonus has the lowest CA! icon_redface.gificon_frown.gif

Damm Anzhi and their rubbish training facilities!

Originally posted by Tom =):

KUTGW, also will there be bonus points for the first 3 to get 100 caps/goals?

Good idea. icon_smile.gif

I don't see why we couldn't have bonus points for:

* First to 100 caps, then anyone afterwards getting to 100 caps.

* First to 50 goals, then anyone afterwards getting to 50 goals.

* Anyone who breaks their own national goalscoring record. The record being the one listed on FM for that nation.

Think Diego Polo will probably be the first to break the national goalscoring record, he's one goal behind the record of 8 goals, so if he scores twice this season...

I'll think about an appropriate points system at some point. icon14.gif

Jason Demir & Brucie Bonus have both rejected new contracts from their respective Russian clubs.

icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif Hopefully, we'll be on the move soon. It's just a shame nobody can snap us on frees as there'ws no Bosman-style rule in Russia.. Surely someone will recognise the quality soon enough icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the updates and screenshots icon14.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

KUTGW, also will there be bonus points for the first 3 to get 100 caps/goals?

Good idea. icon_smile.gif

I don't see why we couldn't have bonus points for:

* First to 100 caps, then anyone afterwards getting to 100 caps.

* First to 50 goals, then anyone afterwards getting to 50 goals.

* Anyone who breaks their own national goalscoring record. The record being the one listed on FM for that nation.

Think Diego Polo will probably be the first to break the national goalscoring record, he's one goal behind the record of 8 goals, so if he scores twice this season...

I'll think about an appropriate points system at some point. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds good what about breaking the national caps record?

My stats look quite good and My Under 21 record looks very good 9 in 13

Liverpool, Man Utd, Aston Villa, West Ham , Chelsea and Sunderland.

I would like to move to Man U, West ham or Sunderland icon14.gif

But not Liverpool or Chelsea

Man United 10th icon_eek.gif

Liverpool 1st icon_eek.gif

What has the Premer league gone too

Great Updates KUTGW icon14.gif

Summer 2010 Transfer News

Tom Collantine agreed terms with Sevilla and moved for a transfer fee of £7.75m. He rejected offers from Spurs and Inter Milan.

Triple H signed a new 5 year deal with PSG.

After the Barcelona and Juventus bids were rejected by Vicenza, Mike Bird decided to plump for 50% of him being sold to Genoa. He will remain at Vicenza though for the forthcoming future.

Adam Moxon has signed a new 5 year deal with Marseille worth £1.5m.

Robert Boyle joined Portsmouth in a £17.5m transfer, potentially rising to £22m!

Out of the blue, West Ham offered Bayern Munich £8.5m for James Knowles. All parties agreed and he moved to Upton Park.

Steven Kemp turned down a new contract offer from Sampdoria to sign for Inter Milan in a £4.3m transfer.

Julius Kapono has signed a new 5 year contract with Catania worth £10m.

Spartak Moscow’s £6.75m bid for Joo was intervened by the Kovetov board, who couldn’t turn it down. Joo agreed terms and moved to his 4th club in Russia in 4 seasons.

Magnus Donaldson has rejected a new 3 year contract from Ipswich.

In what can only be described as one of the most stupidest things I’ve seen on FM, Vicenza bought a 50% share in Bologna’s Arthur Li for £3.1m, only for Juventus to come with a bid of £0m 5 days later for both halves, which was duly accepted and Arthur Li moved to Juventus effectively on a free transfer!

Yhon Wi has finaly got his wish and moved from Watford… to Fulham, in a £11.25m transfer.

Tom Healy has moved on from Reading. He rejected a move north of the border to Celtic and decided to plump for Champions League football with Wigan. The transfer fee was £6.5m.

The last day of the transfer window surrounded Italian Serie A club Empoli. Having already got Andorran superkid Alexei Lloyd-Hooker on their books, they acquired 2 more wonderkids in one day! The first to move from Adam Wilkinson, joining for £1.4m from KamAZ, followed swiftly by the loan signing of Kyle Van Smith from Inter Milan for the season.

Bob McBob finally got his wish of a move away from Elche. However the deal was completed one day to late, so on 1st January 2011 he will join Valencia in a £4.5m transfer.

Wage & Values Screenshots

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

We have a new highest earning star, in the form of Chu Haowan, who is on a nice £59,000pw.

Where is everyone now?

(Players on loan are classed at their loaned out to club)

Italy – 16

England – 12

Germany - 6

Spain – 5

Russia – 4

Greece – 3

France - 3

Belgium – 1

Denmark – 1

Holland – 1

Romania – 1

</pre>

Clubs with more than one star?

(Players on loan are classed at their loaned out to club)

3 - Empoli

2 – PSG, Koln, AC Milan, Roma, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan

</pre>

Current Injuries

2 of the stars of last season will miss out on the start of the international campaign for this season:

Mike Bird has sprained his ankle and will be out for a month.

Paddy O'Furniture has torn his hamstring and will be out for a month.

Archived